Barcelo Corralejo Bay

Avenida Grandes Playas 12, 35660 Corralejo, La Oliva, Fuerteventura Spain

Good

Second visit...We love it!!

"This is our second visit within 2 years and we love this place. Our first visit 2 years ago we were blown away. The hotel is really impressive and check-in quick and easy. The staff all speak fantastic english and are helpful, informative and polite.

The rooms are spotless and decorated quite tastefully even for 2 in our twenties!! The food is fantastic, me and my partner are still dreaming about it now while both on Slimfast plans to get the weight we gained off!!

The entertainment is good quality but being younger not really our thing but a few nights we sat outside listening to the 'Bee-Gees' and Lord of the Dance enjoying a strong G and T and Estrella beer!

The pool area is clean and well-designed, the pool a bit cold but refreshing enough after sizzling in the sun all day. The resort of Corralejo is hardly ground-breaking but has all the amenities you need with bars, cafes, shops and restaurants. I suggest going to Lanzarote on the boat as we really enjoyed this day and bought loads of clothes and shoes while we were there.

If you are thinking of coming here then do!!! I cannot stress how nice this place is. I am really fussy and before meeting my partner stupidly thought Europe offered little that I would want in a holiday. After coming here I realised I was wrong. We will be back!!"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of July 2005

A lovely place

"My partner and I recently returned from a weeks holiday in this hotel. We were very impressed with the hotel and the service we received from the hotel staff. We stayed on a half board basis but intended to dine out in the evenings at the local restaurants. However, once we sampled the hotel food we were more than happy with the quality and the variety. We only dined out once during the week! The pools were lovely and very welcome after baking in the sun.

The only negative thing I have to say is that that corridor floor outside our room was very uneven in places. (There were dents in the floor that were carpetted over). We reported the floor to reception who were very concerned and said they would get maintenance onto it straightaway.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was the relaxing break that we needed. We experienced the hotel entertainment twice during our stay and were pleasantly suprised at the quality of the entertainment. We saw a Flamenco show and "Lord of the Dance". Both were great.

If venturing out into town, be warned that the competition between all the restaurants is fierce and you will be approached and encouraged to dine in each restaurant as you wander by. We found it a bit off-putting.

All in all, it was a great place to stay and we will go back."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of July 2005

Fantastic Hotel!!!!

"I stayed here with my Fiancee in July 2003 and the hotel exceeded both our expectations ( we are both very fussy people!)

When we pulled up outside the hotel in the coach we were so happy that this was our hotel!

The lobby was outstanding and the check in was very quick- our room was absoulutley beautiful (possibly the niceset room we have ever stayed in) The pool area was fantastic, and the bar areas were also great.

As for the food... well we didnt stop eating- we were planning to go out and try some restaurants in the resort but ate in the restaurant every night, the food was delicious and the service was excellent- all staff very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

If you have never been to corralejo before this is the only hotel to stay in, however you did need to take into consideration that this is not a lively resort- it does have some good bars and seafront resturants but you go here mainly for the great weather EXCELLENT beaches and relaxing atmosphere.

All in all a great place- I have been to Fuerteventura a few times now twice with my Parents ( my Dad loves the place) and once with my fiancee- I would definatley go back to this hotel!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of June 2005

Superb

"We have just returned from a week at Atlantis Palace. The hotel is superb. Booked last minute & did so purely on the recommendations from this site. We were not disappointed. All previous critique communicates the quality this hotel has to offer. This has got to be the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed at, could not fault it. Try it you will not be let down."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of June 2005

An enjoyable and relaxing week

"My wife and I have returned home recently after a very enjoyable holiday in mid May 2005 at the Atlantis Palace hotel. Before booking, we had checked the 'Trip Advisor' ratings for this hotel. Perhaps, as a result of its No.1 rating in the popularity list, we were disappointed initially at the size of our bedroom etc accommodation. However, as the week progressed, we grew to appreciate the ambience of the place - particularly the plants and the overall high standard of cleanliness and general maintenance of the hotel facilities.

In general, we found the food to be of a high standard with lots of choice - although the 'cheese' course remained unchanged in variety throughout the week.

The pool areas were well set out, as expected but, to be critical, were probably undersized for the number of patrons in the hotel. It was very 'close living' around the pools. Although the hotel's stated policy was not to allow the reservation of sunbeds in the morning etc this was not followed through. For most days, sunbeds were 'booked in advance' and it was not possible to secure two sunbeds in a reasonable location between 11.00am and 4.00pm. This was not particularly important to my wife and I but it could be for many couples.

We rated the 'entertainment' in the evenings as poor. A pianist played for approximately half an hour for two nights in the main reception area while the acts in the main 'entertainment area' were probably below average. We also thought that the drink measures in the bars were, for the most part, less generous than what we have experienced elsewhere in the Canaries.

Despite the above criticisms we had a nice and relaxing time at this hotel and we have no hesitation in recommending it to Trip Advisor 'customers'.

Finally, unlike a number of other Spanish hotels we have stayed at, it is very quiet at night. So much so, that a friend commented " you would not hear a cockroach cough after 12 midnight!"

We trust your clients will find this review helpful."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of May 2005

A wonderful place to relax in the sun

"My partner and I recently spent a week's holiday at the Atlantis Palace Hotel and had a brilliant time. The hotel is of a very high standard with a beautiful pool area and a varied evening entertainment programme.
When we arrived we received a free bottle of wine in our room and instead of the usual twin beds, we were amazed to find a huge king size bed! The room was lovely, especially the bathroom which had 2 wash basins with a towel in between them shaped like a swan!
Free towels were provided for the pool area each day and sunbeds were always available. I would definitely recommend the jacuzzi in the gym, especially after a hard day sun bathing.
The meals in the hotel restaurant were very good with a varied selection every night and you could even have champagne with your breakfast. We also enjoyed the food in the pool snack bar and the service in there was first class. The cleanliness in the hotel is the best I have ever experienced.
A free courtesy busy to the sand dunes was provided twice a day if you fancy a change of scenery but be sure to take your sun cream with you because it does get very hot on the beach.
If you are looking for a quality hotel with good food, friendly staff, excellent cleanliness and service, you will not be disapponted if you choose the Atlantis Palace."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of May 2005

Better 2nd time around

"This was our second visit to the hotel, the last being 3 years ago, and it did not disappoint. The rooms are still of a very high standard and very spaceous. The pool area is clean and tidied and scrubbed religiously each day. The evening's entertainment varies each evening, my only complaint would be the duo called "Espresso" who appear twice on the weekly bill, best avoided!, the rest is great enterainment especially if you have children with you. The food in the restaurant is so varied it makes it a hard choice each evening and over-eating is a probelm! the staff are wonderful and really make your stay complete, that and the fab weather..."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of April 2005

Luxury and Local

"We decided to change our accomodation to this hotel after hearing from First Choice that there was building work going on.
We were a bit apprehensive since we had never gone on a half board basis abroad and you often hear terrible stories. However this Hotel came highly recommended by two friends and we were not dissapointed.

It is very close to the town of Corralejo[about 10 -15 mins walk] and only about 20 - 25 mins walk to the harbour for the ferry to Lanzarote.

We had E mailed the hotel in advance requesting a quiet room away from any entertainment following a holiday at another resort.
We also E mailed them regarding car hire and on both occasions their response was prompt, courteous and accurate.

On the day of arrival I had the good fortune to be booked in by the person I had been E mailing and she immediately recognised the name. We had a quiet room as we requested and car hire was all organised, we were even picked up at the hotel by the hire company.

We had a family room with our 8 year old son and it was huge, with alarge bathroom with 2 sinks a bath, shower and bidet. THere was also a huge tv, room bar and lovely balconies with nice funiture.

The bed setteee was able to plit to pull out as one or two beds so you still had a sitting area. It was a decent pull out bed too with springs not a cheap foam type.

The pools were spotless and you had free towels which you could exhange daily and at the end you were given back your deposit on return of the towels.
The sun beds had nice comfy covers which were clean and obviously laundered regularly.

The pool was also heated when we went which was an added bonus especially after sunbathing.

The food was outstanding.

Breakfasts had so much choice you could something different for months, there were call orders for eggs any way you wanted them cooked and even a glass of sparkling Cava each too.

Evening meals were the same with respect for choice of starters, mains and desserts. Smart dress was required and men in long trousers but it was worth it since it all added to the glamour of the hotel.

The entertainment was class too and on time.

Thoroughly recommended and will be returning again next year.

Water park also openend within walking distance and that looked good although we didnt use it. No land train anymore for those whove been previously and used it, but taxis are only a couple of Euros."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of March 2005

Atlantis Palace - a fantastic place to say

"My partner and I went to Atlantis Palace in November 2004 for two weeks - we had only been back home to the UK for 6 days and we booked another stay at Atlantis Palace in June 2005. The food is very good - plenty of choice and good quality. Yes, you do get champagne every morning for breakfast - and smoked salmon twice a week or more for breakfast. Staff extremely helpful. Cleanliness excellent. Can't wait for June. Feurteventura is a beutiful island - off-road beaches a must."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of January 2005

Great Hotel

"What a wonderful Hotel, food was perfect, only one small complaint.
The pool did not open until 10-00am, so if like we usually do, have an early morning swim, this was not possible.
This was the only thing that we could find wrong."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of January 2005

Barcelo Corralejo Bay

"The adults only Barcelo Corralejo Bay who is a kilometer away from the center and is great for families. Beach and shopping’s are literally next to your room door. Lots of couples stay here too. The price from 950$ is reasonable for the great room facilities, good food and drinks. Barcelo Corralejo Bay is situated on Fuerteventura and provides 4-star facilities as well as outdoor tennis courts and a free shuttle service.

Barcelo Corralejo Bay is listed in 'Top 9 Corralejo Hotels' --> http://corralejo.org/top-9-corralejo-hotels/"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of June 2016

Nice hotel, shame about the food...

Good

"The Bluebay Palace is a good hotel overall and goes well towards achieving its 4-star rating. In my experience holiday hotels tend to be over-rated, but the Bluebay Palace achieves a good 3.5 stars in my view. The accommodation is very well maintained, is clean and tidy and the hotel has good facilities. The location of the hotel is also excellent being just off the main road through Corralejo where all the shops and restaurants are based. In front of the hotel is perhaps the best beach in Corralejo separated from the hotel by a section of brightly painted holiday apartments. One slight annoyance was that we could hear loud music from a bar/club until 12.30am and this might disturb families with younger children. We were on the west side of the hotel and I suspect we would have had peace and quiet on the east side.

The real disappointment with the hotel however was the food. We stayed on a half-board basis and this is something that I regret with hindsight. The food is served in a buffet style and the quality was equivalent to something you would expect in a 2-star all-inclusive resort (reminiscent of school dinners!) Whilst there was a broad range of options at every meal, many of these were over-cooked and/or poorly conceived. I am a vegetarian and my options were very limited. After 3 nights I requested that the chef (although I doubt they had one) made some main dishes suitable for vegetarians. Sadly the duty manager spent 5 minutes trying to suggest that since I had not complained on the first night the food must be alright. Eventually they accepted my point and agreed to make some vegetarian dishes. The following night the served spanish omelette or pasta with a vegetarian sauce. I had the omelette, which was nice. The night after that they served the same pasta with sauce from the night before, but no omelette. I had this and the sauce turned out to be cream of tomato soup or something similar. Very disappointing! My son is a meat eater and so was able to try everything on offer. He loves his food and has dined far and wide and he shared my view that the food was poor.

On the basis of the above I would recommend the Bluebay Palace for a holiday if you want the facilities of a hotel whilst away, but on a bed and breakfast basis only. There is an ample selection of restaurants, cafes and "pubs" to choose from in Corralejo and I can't imagine many of them could do much worse than the Bluebay Palace at food preparation. "

• Travel date: Mon 1st of June 2009

Hotels near Barcelo Corralejo Bay

Stayed at Barcelo Corralejo Bay? Share your insight.

Barcelo Corralejo Bay is also called