This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Atlantis Los Barqueros

Good

Bloody HORRIBLE!!!. We booked this acco...

Reviewed Thu 3rd of July 2008

"Bloody HORRIBLE!!!.
We booked this accomodation based on reviews unfortunatly old one's ,before a major english travel company pulled out..
We paid for 2 adults and one child, arrived late at night and accessed the reception at the the 4 star hotel that owns this self catering property across the road. Hotel was lovely!! our accomodation wasn't..
No bed provided for our 9 year old, in the main living area there was an old sofa with cushions that didn't fit together. My partner tried to figure out how this turned into a bed, alas we discovered it didn't. I wouldn't let my dog sleep on this for 2 weeks let alone my daughter. When i complained at reception, to an english lady, she informed me "this was the norm for the canary islands".
I refused to budge and finally got a camp bed, informed this may be taken away at any time... Did i mention there was no bedding for her.. apparently we could make do!
First morning of the holiday was spent buying cleaning products and cleaning the apartment.
The maids left a mop and cloths in the bathroom, presumably to avoid dragging them around each apartment, i hid ours, they were so filthy i didn't want them to use them after i'd cleaned the place.
The pool bar they advertise evidently closed down some time ago. The pool's lovely if you don't mind avoiding the cat pooh around it...
If you've got kids, don't think they'll have anyone to play with, we didn't meet one other english family in this accomaodation.
On the upside the resort itself is lovely, the sand dunes are amazing, lots of food choices, and not overly expensive. Transport is cheap, and you don't get hassled at all.
I'd go back but not to stay here, best avoided."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of July 2008

We have just returned from 1 week here a...

Reviewed Thu 4th of January 2007

"We have just returned from 1 week here and were overall happy with our holiday.

The apartments are just quite tired and really could do with a little love and attention. The pool area is lovely and the appearance of the apartments really does let the place down.

They are very basic which we did expect but just a little run down, in need of a lick of paint and a general spruce up.

The pool was not heated so was freezing and we never got brave enough to go in it (you really would freeze just dipping in your feet!) It was Dec/Jan so we didn't really expect any more.

I would recommend these apartments as the location really does make it. It says in brochures and on websites that they are 5 mins walk from centre of town, but they are actually on the main road into town and depending which room you are in it, may be a little noisy. Musics stops after 12 so all quiet after then.

Rooms were cleaned everyday, towels and sheets changed more than once during our week there. Generally a nice place to stay as long as basic is what you are looking for."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of January 2007

We (family of four 2 adults 2 children a...

Good
Reviewed Sat 21st of January 2006

"We (family of four 2 adults 2 children age 9 and 11) have been to these apartments twice now and have always found them to be great. Yes we have had some hiccups (the cooker not working and an infestation of ants) but the staff are very good and will immediately sort out any problems.

On our second visit, our apartment was not ready. We left our bags at the hotel and went to sort out our hire car and grab a bite to eat at the fabulous Beleten right on the beach which meant that when the room was ready we were all re-fuelled and ready to put our holiday togs away in the freshly cleaned apartment. We were left a complimentary bottle of wine for our 'inconvenience' and a lovely 'welcome back to Los Barqueros' note from the staff hand written I hasten to add.

Last year we went to Lanzarote and had the most fantastic apartment. Far superior to Los Barqueros but the resort was awful, the pool was tiny and the beach was small noisy and dirty. While Los Barqueros may not be the most luxurious, they are good apartments. They are centrally located. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. There are some fantastic restaurants purveying fresh local dishes and fabulous local wines practically on your doorstep.

I would recommend Los Barqueros to any one who wanted to enjoy Fuerteventura and not spend their entire holiday in the apartment or seeking out English bars and McDonalds. Lanzarote is the place for them!!!

We like it there so much we are back there again in April 06!!

• Travel date: Sat 21st of January 2006

My family and I have been to Fuerteventu...

Reviewed Wed 1st of December 2004

"My family and I have been to Fuerteventuria before but we stayed at Caleta De Fuste but we loved it so we decided to go back but went to Corraljo.

We have just come back as we spent Christmas and New Year there. Our tour operator was Thomson.

Their were four adults and one child aged 6yrs and we paid just over £3,000 for 2 weeks for all of us.

We all feel that the apartments certainly were not worth the money we paid (ripped off).

It stated that the apartment was for 6 adults, there were 2 rooms 1 room a double and the other room had 2 single beds, their was no sofa bed and the Wicker type settee did not pull out either, but they expected someone to sleep on this. (I am not sure where they would expect two other adults to sleep, maybe on the patio). We did complain and got a single put me up bed for the child to sleep on.

The apartment itself was not light and airy in fact it seemed dull and dirty, we had dead mosquitoes all over the walls, there was lots of hair by the bed and underneath this was only removed when I put it in the middle of the floor, there was dirt stains around the bath that only got cleaned off just as we were leaving.

Also none of us had hot water to wash in as the boiler was not an adequate size for the amount of people in the apartment, so we would all have to wait 1/2 hr each for either a luke warm shower or a bath that might cover your feet. (If you were lucky)

We did complain about this but obviously there was nothing they can do as it is the same in every apartment. The apartment also seemed damp due to this there was an unpleasant aroma.

The complex had no on sight bar or entertainment but you are only a stone throw away from an English pub and there is nothing for children to do apart from play in the swimming pool, all of the apartments look a bit run down. You can however go across the road to the sister hotel and use there facilities.

Some of the beaches near the apartments were very dirty with dog poo, smashed glass, condoms and rubbish.

We also booked an excursion through Thomson which was a lazy day cruise on a catamaran which they tried to cram as many people on as possible as they had cancelled this several times. There was not enough room for everyone on the coach and a few families decided not to go due to so many people being on the boat.

The crew on the catamaran were brilliant and very friendly.

My family and I would definitely not go back to the accommodation or this resort and we would not recommend this to family or friends.

• Travel date: Wed 1st of December 2004

The apartments in this complex were real...

Reviewed Mon 31st of May 2004

"The apartments in this complex were really nice.

They were clean and airy, the swimming pool outdone my expectations the staff were nice to speak to, cleaners were in my apartment every day and they was quite pleasant people.

The apartment was big enough for my party of 4 adults, on the balcony it gave lovely views overlooking the swimming pool and palm trees , overall I enjoyed my stay 100%."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of May 2004