About Apartamentos San Valentin

Good

Apartments are small but beautiful. So c...

Reviewed Tue 10th of April 2007

"Apartments are small but beautiful. So clean! Swimming pools are spotless and Corralejo best beach only a short stroll away. Can't wait to go back.

Think they've come under new management recently. Everything seems new in and around the complex.

New shopping centre and facilities opening up. Water Park and market close by. Only twenty five minutes to the airport and largest shopping centre of the Canary Islands.

There's a good selection on restaurants around Corralejo - all nationalities. We enjoyed 25 degrees of beautiful sunshine every day of our holiday.

We also found Corralejo had the best features of the Canaries without the tackiness. I hope it never gets too commercialised.

You'll find the people very friendly and the towns very safe."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of April 2007

Went to Corallejo for a week with my par...

Reviewed Mon 31st of March 2003

"Went to Corallejo for a week with my partner and 10 yr old son. Got taxi transfer to apartments, cost about £40. Lovely scenery as we got closer to resort. The views of the beach were beautiful and not packed with people like we were expecting. The apartments were low level blocks set in a nice enclosure with trees, flowers and pools. Not recommended for children as there was very little for them to do. My son was bored until he made a few friends. One small restaurant on site with very limited choice. Rooms a bit on the small side and keep those eyes peeled for cockroaches. I can say I won’t be staying at those apartments again but Corallejo was amazing.

We spent every night down the town, which was only a 15 min walk. The weather was just right. We visited some excellent restaurants, La Tasca served some lovely steak and pizza and we sat outside where we could here the guitar players. Another place called something Banana was also tops. Mainly Mexican and they feed you plenty and also have music and serve some delicious cocktails. We also tried the Chinese and a few side street cafes and bars for snacks and light meals.

The glass bottomed boat trip to a small island was a very peaceful day out but not for children if they don’t like to explore.

The beaches weren’t too packed which was nice and there are some nice walks round and about. A must is the Wolly Trolley which is a small train that takes you round the town and back to the apt after a hard day sunbathing.

A must though is the large section of beach just a 5 min walk from the apt walking away from the town. We were stunned by the beauty. The only people there were the wind surfers and parasailing. The view was stunning the waters were crystal clear and the beach was near empty. We spent nearly a whole day there. We couldn’t help but take photo after photo.

If I could change two things, they would be the apartments and I would have liked to stay for 2 weeks. Corallejo is a must for those looking for peace and tranquillity and excellent food! Enjoy."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of March 2003