La Piramide

C/ Berlina 7 Caleta de Fuste, 35610 Costa de Antigua, Fuerteventura Spain

Good

All Inclusive doe not mean All Inclusive!!

"Coming here for just 1 week for business I thought I just need a place to sleep really, and the AI price was good so decided to book that. However, arrived just after 4pm, got a drink but was told I'd need to pay for any crisps !! I checked the system and it does say that the AI only runs from 10am to 10pm daily, but this was approx 5pm so not sure why I was being charged.
Dinner was 7:30pm so was quite peckish, but the dinner was fairly plain - rice and bread - with 3 dishes of something in various colored sauces. Not great but it was at least hot. Woke at 5am and fancied a cuppa but no tea/coffee/sugar sachets to be found! When I asked later where they were I was informed this was a 2 keys place, not a 5 star hotel! Breakfast this morning was at least hot coffee from a machine, and I was pleased to see a guy just place down on the counter a fresh tray of fried eggs. I was feeling very chilly so thought I'd have a hot breakfast, but not to be I'm afraid. The fried eggs amazing were stone cold and I don't just mean they had gone cold - it was if they'd just come from the fridge!! It took me a while to work out what was so cold on my plate as I'd had some tinned tomatoes and some frankfurter sausages too, but only the tomatoes were hot! Now, I've traveled to some weird places and I've also traveled extensively in Europe, but never been presented with this before! I began to think this place is run with mainly other Europeans in mind, because I saw others tucking into their food with great gusto, but if the Management ever want to attract the English here, then their food certainly has to improve, as does the basics of what they offer. I mean really - would it have broken the bank to have provided tea/coffee sachets for people ? The thought of having to get up, get washed and dressed and walk to the reception for a 70 cents cup of something called coffee from an overnight machine is not good.
In fairness, the apartments are very large and clean, and are all equipped for self catering, but when you book AI you don't expect to have to provide your own tea & coffee to have a cuppa in bed - that's a basic in the UK regardless of the key/star rating. If I had booked Self Catering then of course I would have expected to supply my own, and no where on their site does it say you have to do so even if you pay for AI. So, I now have to go shopping after working to ensure this does not turn into the most miserable of weeks - might even check out where a steak house is while I'm at it - never thought I'd be desperate to see chips!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of February 2016

Worst Holiay Ever

"Please do not go to this hotel, We only had our linen changed once in two weeks, no clean towels unless you take them yourself from the cleaners trolley.Had to ask for toilet rolls , the food was disgusting ,the dining room was dingy and infested with flies, the lady cooking obviously hadn't a clue how tourist eat or what they like. the AI bar closed at 10pm and there was no entertainment , only a music video put on in the foyer ,if you have kids DON'T expect them to get snacks during the day unless you PAY for them!!!!!!!! in all a total disaster of a hotel by the way situated in an area similar to BEIRUT ."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of September 2013

Disgusting!!!

"Okay, so we arrived at night time and everything seemed fine. The bar and reception area looked brilliant. Everything was great... Until we woke up. We went to have shower and it smelt like wee!!!! I went to dry myself... And the towels smelt like wee so I got back in the shower and then had to drip dry. We asked for new towels but they smelt the same. Our safe was broken and it took them 3 days to get it fixed. There were ants everywhere so we couldn't have the door open. We woke up one morning to a girl screaming. It turns out she had woken up with silver fish all over her body. The food!!!! Oh my god. What was there for breakfast, was there for lunch.... And dinner disgusting!!! We spent all our spending money on food having booked all inclusive. Brilliant place for a holiday, but the hotel was just awful!! Don't do it!!"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of February 2011

Fantastic for the money!! Recommended!!

"My boyfriend and I went here for a week and as I booked it before reading any reviews, we were quite worried. However, it was the best value holiday ever. I had expected a lot lower standard as it was so cheap, we paid £279 per person for a week all inclusive flying from Glasgow. The staff were really friendly, helpful and yes, it was very quiet as we went in Feb so wasn't always someone at the bar but as soon as you went there someone would come to serve you within a minute. Drinks really were all inclusive, any drink at all, spirits, wine,beer - not resricted as some AI hols are and the measures were fantastic, I drank Gin and tonic or vodka and tonic all day by the pool and my boyfriend had beer. Apartments were great, really spacious,clean and towels cheets changed every couple of days, although not many amenities if you are not All Inclusive. Hired an iron and board for the week which cost quite a bit and if you were self catering you'd have to hire everything which costs a fortune. Pool area was fabulous and plenty sunloungers etc. The main bar in reception was fine in the evening, quite a lot of the guests drank there although not much entertainment so wouldn't plan to spend every night there as gets dull, singer on the Friday night was hilarious though. I personally thought the food was pretty fab, again considering the money. We have paid a lot more for a 5 star AI hol before and can't say there was a huge difference in food. It can get repetitive, but our experience is that most AI food does. It was tasty, edible and always plenty of it, I was impressed. The breakfast was a bit weird, but totally fine. Lunch and dinner was always nice. Chips, chicken nuggets and pizza was usually there if you are not someone who likes to try different or new stuff. And the cost of eating out or drinking out was astronomical everywhere we went in Fuerteventura so we were very glad we did this as we couldn't have affrorded to eat out every day (we did a couple of times though and would recommend the steak pie follwed by apple pie and custard at The Trafalgar in Caleta!). Make sure you take enough stuff with you as it is expensive. We paid 4.50 euros for deodorant which is basically £4.50, same for washing powder and a normal bar of chocolate like 50p here was 1.50 euro, same with crisps and juice. The only thing that was cheap was bottled water. Prices were the same in all supermarkets and hotel shop, we were quite shocked at most stuff and v glad all inclusive as we hardly spent anything. Also paid 4.50 euro for a gin and tonic in a bar. The location of La Piramides is great, really lovely walk into Caleta which we did most days, got a taxi back at night if we were late. Caleta itself is lovely, nice beach, was quiet when we went in Feb. Really like The Trafalgar restaurant, good for a lunch or watching footie, nice food at night. Quiet place full of couples and older folks, wouldn't recommend for young groups looking to party as no clubs in resort, not sure that there was much for kids to do either. Recommend for couples or freinds looking for quiet relaxing sunshine, although still plenty bars and restaurants if you want them. Weather was incredible, 25 degrees celsius upwards, sunny everyday, was quite burnt so be warned! Mustang Sallys round corner from hotel in Nuevo Horizonte is good and just a 5 min walk. Spent a great day there watching football on their plasma screens(both insode and out) and they did great burgers and pints of local beer for 2 euro, great, cheap day out and a really fun Abba night on the Sunday. All in all an amazing holiday and if you are not a [email protected] who expects 5 star luxury for this kind of price, you will love it and be as amazed at the value as we were! Happy holidays!"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of January 2010

amazing

"me and my boyfriend went all inclusive for two weeks for 1000 pounds, which i a bargin, the hotel is great, the most amazing staff, the rooms were always cleaned, the pool as well the service was something special. considering the star rating for the hotel, it was way above my standards, and would always go again and again. if you are looking for a relaxing and peace and quiet, this is the place, the sun is shining all day, and the people are amazing."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of January 2010

holiday from hell

"Do not eat the food, what doesn't get eaten that day is served for the next day. There were ants over the table by the microwave as my husband found out as he tried to warm up his yet again cold food. Cats and dogs running through the resaraunt while we were eating. The maintenance man helping his self with fingers from the buffett area and then going in the kitchen and sitting in work clothes on the food prep. area. What met us in our apartment was a can of cockroach killer and hundreds of tiny ants. The location was a building site. Very scary at night to go out walking as hardly any lighting,nothing to do unless you are prepared to keep spending to travel about.The highlight of our holiday was going a short walk to see the chip munks. Be warned this was the worst and one of the dearest holidays my husband and myself have had in thirty five years. It was supposed to be a christmas break, we flew home after four days."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of December 2009

LOVELY RELAXING RETREAT,

"Hi..............just got back from La Piramide in nueve horizonte. After reading horrible reviews I was pleasantly surprised.............the accomodation was clean and spacious ...the pool area was lovely.......we were all inclusive....the food was OK.Not much entertainment........but we met some nice people there and spent time with them in the bar at night. It is quite a walk from anywhere else...but the actual stroll to Calete de Fuste along the coast road is lovely. FINALLY..............the staff..........DAVID, DANIELA AND YOLANDE were fabulous and could not do enough to help you............ I would definitely recommend this place...it is excellent value for money and anyone who moans about it is right out of order...........what do they expect for the money. So if you want a lovely relaxing chill out ...........go to La Piramide."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of November 2009

Great value for money

Good

"I have just got back from a 1 week all inclisive stay at La Piramide and i paid under £300. In my opinion you get what u pay for and i was pleasantly surprised with it all. Hotel was lovely and clean, staff always smiley, friendly and helpful. The pool was bigger than expected and always clean - and the room was all nice as well seperate room to sleep in and living area with setee and tv etc certainly big enough for a family of 4.Some of the reviews i have read i feel have been too harsh on the hotel if they wanted a 5* holiday then pay for one. The food was not great but it wasnt bad at all - Breakfast Fruit, cereal, toast, sausages, bacon, boiled, scrambled, fried eggs, tomatoes, cheese, ham (goes nice as a toastie)there is something there for everyone and if you cant find something to eat then thats u being arkward and fussy lunch and dinner as well always something there its not as if your going to go hungary - they had chips, pizza, chicken, pork, beef, pasta, rice and different sea food options but im not keen on seafood back here but my dad assured me it was all good my favorite was the chicken (all breast meat)of course there was fresh salad everday and fruit.
There isnt much entertainment and the bar does close at 10pm and u have to pay after but bar does open from 10am - u will find a lovely bar round the corner that does do karoke and the drink prices are cheaper than the hotels
Overall i didnt have anything to complain about weather was great and I will be going back again. "

• Travel date: Sun 20th of September 2009

Brill for the money

"Let me get this straight to begin with, this holiday cost me £260 each for me and my girlfriend all inclusive for a week.

Yeah, the food is not Gordon Ramsey, but if you wanted three meals a day for a week at one of his restaurents that would cost you £650 without the flights or accomodation. I think what reasonable people need to realise about this hotel is that it is the epitome of cheap and cheerful. Alot of the reviews I've read on this site strike me as xenophobic because the food is not burger and chips, shepherds pie, etc. The food is locally influanced and there is a lot of seafood. If you don't like seafood or anything out of your Benedorm 'egg and chips' comfort zone don't bother coming here, stay in Your Blackpool in the sun.

The apartments are spotless and cleaned every other day.

The beer is great.

The pool is large, immaculate, but a bit cold.

The staff are fantastic, they treat you like family. Havid, Martin, Nadia & Daniela especially.

It's about a 15 minute walk to the local town (calleta de fuste?) if you are in decent health. So beer bellied, bullet headed, tattooed slobs may have to order a cab. which costs about 4 euros.

Car hire is extremely cheap, 99 euros for a renault clio 4 door including insurance for 4 days with no deposit. If you are afraid of driving in Spain, then don't complain there is nothing to do, just admit you're afraid of driving in Spain.

Essentially what I'm trying to say to the detractors of this hotel (and I notice in most of their reviews they struggle to spell their own name)is that if you want Blackpool in the sun, this is not for You. If however, you are an open minded, personable and willing individual you will find this a wonderful base camp from which to explore this fascinating island. "

• Travel date: Fri 8th of May 2009

A bit porky

"The rooms were clean, though very under equiped if you were self catering, no kettle was a pain, it would have been nice to be able to make an early morning cuppa, and I dont think it would cost them too much to put kettles in to the rooms.8 euros to hire the iron! and you could also hire everything from a micro wave to a kettle, it cost 80 euros for the microwave, about 2 and a half times what it would cost you to BUY one!!.
It was a good size for the 2 of us, and our single beds were ok comfort wise, but the sofa bed was torture even to sit on! cant imagin a week trying to sleep on it!.
The pool was big attractive,and kept clean. The staff were friendly, with one exception, and he was just a none smiley person!, no one was agressive or rude, as with some of the other reviews.
The drinks were without a doubt not very strong, we had 7 or 8 gins on the first night, which in UK would have put me on my back! and i wasnt even tippsy!, the white wine was rough, the rose, rougher, and the red was good on chips!, bar closed at 10, no entertainment what so ever, but we did have CDs on and good choices of music.
It was a long but plesant walk to Fuste, feeding the chip monks on the way.
It was in the middle of a building site, no work going on when we were there though, but not very beautiful!.
Now to what let this otherwise ok place very badly down, the food! it was really NOT good,
Breakfast was ok, grilled tomatoes, fried eggs, boiled eggs and beans, Chicken nuggets, yes chicken nuggets, and cheap and nasty ones at that, hot dog sausages, only white bread, and only strawberry jam. De-caf only coffee, and uht milk, chipped and cracked plates, tatty cups, and miss matched cutlery.
Lunch some sort of pork, and white fish in red or green sauce, sweets, white splodge, pink splodge, or brown splodge,maybe a blancmange, and jelly and ice cream,great if your 6 and like e-numbers but not when your an adult!
Dinner, as above, and I mean EVERY day!!!!
Once we got all excited when a lable said CHICKEN STEW, it was PORK! We had CHICKEN FRIED RICE, except it was made with PORK !!
once the white sort of flat fish we had had all week was called Tuna, but it was white, and most positively NOT Tuna, could cause problems for someone who cant eat pork for health or religeous reasons,to miss lable like that.
On the last day, they had run out of bacon, butter, and strawberry jam, so it was chicken nuggets or hot dogs if you didnt fancey watered down beans on toast!.
The dinning room was a canteen, self service and self clear way, paper cups, and plastic table cloths,but the big problem for us was the lack of variety in the food, who wants to eat pork or fish every day for lunch and dinner?. My partner cant eat fish so it was pork or nothing for them!
It wouldnt take much to turn this into an ok value for money place, Im sure Chicken and mince would cost no more than pork, and the food was reasonabley cooked.
The sweets need attention too, but it really would take so little to put right.
All that said, we had a good week, ate out every lunch time and once or twice at night, I would go back, only if I could sort out the cook first!!

• Travel date: Thu 26th of February 2009

Great hotel!

Good

"I was really worried when I read the reviews for this hotel but my best friend and I (both 21) came here for 1 week and we loved it. It is a bit out of the way form things but there is a bar,shop and chinese around the corner and it is only 4euros to get to the town centre in a taxi. They do have a free bus you can use to get to Caletta at 10.30. There wasn't any entertainment but the bar area got quite full at night and everyone was so friendly and so you didn't need any entertainment because everyone would chat with each other and play pool. The staff are really friendly, especially Nadia on reception and David and Martin who work on the bar. The pool was amazing...freezing but amazing! I would definitely go to this hotel again and am considering going again next month because it is the perfect place to relax. And if you get a bit bored, you can always go into Caletta!

If you want to know more please e-mail me [email protected] and I will send some pics from the hol too!"

• Travel date: Sat 7th of February 2009

attractive, clean and friendly

Good

"Taxis was 11 euro's from airport to la piramide. Better than getting on the coach and stopping off at every drop around the island. The first thing i noticed when i got out the cab and went inside is how big it was within the bar. pool table, T.V, reception. Friendly service, nothing to complain about. When walking to apartment you pass the pool and it's really nice. Every apartment overlooks the pool and it's all lit up. You either have a ground floor or first floor apartment. The aprtments offer bedroom with a safe, bathroom with bath and shower also a kitchen/living area with t.v breakfast bar and kitchen utensils. Iron and board can be rented from reception at around $12 euro's for week. The apartment was immaculate. Entertainment repeated and no karaoke as advertised however man singing was a good night. inclusive drinks are beer, wine, cocktails, tea, coffee, juices. Anything like WKD(wicked) or shots, cider you pay for. Food was fine. Can't complain. It was all basic - meat, fish, pasta, chips, veg, salad, soup for lunch and dinner. Breakfast was fry-up, fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast. The service at this apartment was excellent and the staff were friendly/helpful and approachable. Paid £600 all inclusive for one week. If i had one thing to complain about it would have been the gym. What was available was little and broken. Couldn't complain otherwise! We had 3 warm days and 4 cold days. Nice Island attractive and relaxing."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of January 2009

Hotels near La Piramide

Stayed at La Piramide? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for La Piramide

• travellingloulou by travellingloulou

"Oasis zoo was really good. Brilliant shows, amazing shop of furniture to purchase. Fun camel ride. "

• ickle_rhiannon by ickle_rhiannon

"Small but lovely place "

• sheenab by sheenab

"lovely little beach, chip munks are fab "

• sheenab by sheenab

"the zoo, free bus, and great sea lion show "

• Lupine Moon by Lupine Moon

"Jandia, Correljo, Sand dunes, La Olivia. "

• susiesumner by susiesumner

"lovely relaxing laid back place "

• susiesumner by susiesumner

"the chipmunks along the coast road from la piramide to calete de fuste "

• reetam2009 by reetam2009

"scenery and beaches are breathtaking. and the sunshine is bliss "

• Angelstar by Angelstar

"Great, quiet relaxing location for couples(not kids or young groups of friends) "

• Hma by Hma

"Great destination bad hotel!!! "

• helen R by helen R

"Just enjoy the sun close your eyes and pretent you are somewher else !!!!! "

• Aileen R by Aileen R

"Bring tea/coffe/sugar biscuits as a minimum even on All Inclusive as NOTHING is provided in the room "

La Piramide is also called