Hotel Costa Caleta

Avenida Alcalde Juan Ramon Soto Morales s/n, 35610 Caleta de Fuste, Antigua, Fuerteventura Spain

OUR HOLIDAY 2007

"We have just returned from Hotel Costa Caleta in Fuerteventura.We were there for 2 weeks.It is a fantastatic hotel really clean modern and bright.. Staff were very friendly, food was great ( i was dreading going after reading some reviews) however it was great .It was our first time going to a hotel so we were delighted ..We had booked half board but when we got there we uograded to all inc for 14euro each per day and children under 12yrs 7 euros !!! It was well worth it and would definently recommend it...Rooms were really nice and there was air conditioning throughout the hotel.There is also a self service laundry so for 4euros it was well worth it.....You can also hire pool towels for 5 euros each deposit which is refundable and you can get them changed throughout your stay.... saves a lot of weight in ur cases!!!!!!!!!!!! pity someone didn't say on there review!!!!!!! otherwise i would have travelled a lot lighter... We would definently go back to this hotel. we have 2 children a 16 yr old and a 12yr old.plenty going on for them around the hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of August 2007

Fantastic Holiday

Good

"After reading some of the review about this hotel, i was a bit concerned, but there was no need.

The rooms were very clean and the maids were around every day to change your bed and towels. There is a safe if the room it costs 2 euro a day which is very good value. There was also a tv which could be used for 3 euro a day but we never bothered with it.

The hotel inside and out was very clean and tidy, the receptionists some where good and some were lets just say an amusing double act that you couldn't help but laugh at.

THEY DONT CHANGE TRAVELLERS CHEQUES at this particular hotel. I only got travellers cheques and when we arrived on the Saturday all banks were closed and not open to Monday, I tried a few other hotels but they couldn't as we were not residents. TIP: CALETA GARDENS DO they are just across the main road. (i say main road there are very few cars on it)

The Food was excellent... loads of choice and alsorts of weird and wonderful things on the menu, of course there are the old chips on every night but you dont have to eat them. (they must have listened to comments about the food and bucked their ideas up)

I can reccommend THE RED LION and SCOTCH CORNER the food is fantastic in them and the people who own the bars are wonderful so friendly and welcoming.

The shopping is good but the perfume is not really any cheaper than it is at home. DONT BUY AT THE AIRPORT WELL OVERPRICED BUY IN THE TOWN.

I have no doubt that i will be back next year a wonderful place... if you want to ask any questions i will be happy to help...."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of July 2007

Great hotel, great holiday

"Have just returned from our holidays and all I can say is we had a GREAT time. I had read some bad reviews for this hotel and was a bit concerned before going. But I certainly had no complaints. The hotel was clean, clean towels every day, bedding every other day, the room was spotless and cleaned every day. The staff were very helpful, we had a small problem in our bathroom but it was fixed immediately. Some people have complained that the staff don't speak English, well I'm sorry but why should they, they are Spanish! It was always possible to make yourself understood. The food was very good, plenty of variety, hot and cold foods, lots of delicious afters! We had gone half board but upgraded to All inclusive for our second week. Pools were very nice, plenty of sunbeds, poolside bar. Plenty of daytime activities and nightly entertainment, though we went out most nights."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of July 2007

Cant fault the costa caleta

"We have just returned from a weeks all inclusive in the costa caleta, what can i say the hotel was fantastic, it was much better than the 3 plus that its supposed to be.
The hotel was very clean including the room. had a problem with our aircon so reported it to the reception by the time i got back to my room the maintainence man was already there fixing it.
There is a large pool area outside with 2 pools and another baby pool and they have also got a roof terrace with another 2 pools and 2 jacuzzis, there is also plenty of very comfy sun loungers, a bar which also serves snacks and ice creams and even crazy golf all on the roof.The hotel also has a solarium and a gym.
The restaurant is very modern and all the staff very helpful, the salad bar was huge and there was a good choice of hot food which was all delicious.
The resort itself is avery nice a few dodgy paths which could catch you out.
We would definately return to what was a great hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of July 2007

had a great time at hotel costa caleta

Good

"I had checked out reviews of this hotel before leaving and i thought i was in for a disappointment but i was very wrong.

Im just back today, so everything is still fresh in my mind !

Travelled with my family - 2 adults, 1 child (6yrs) and 1 baby (9months)

Reception staff are very helpful and speak good english and will bend over backwards to help you.

The entertainment at night was superb, they have a kids mini disco on every night of the week, and entertainment starts at 10pm for the adults.. something different was on every night.

The meals were fine.. nothing to write home about, but they were fine. Breakfast you could always have a cooked breakfast if you wanted to. Fresh fruit was always available, as was cereal, toast, bread and croissants.

For the evening meal, there was always 2 pasta dishes, paella, salad bar... and then there was either roast beef, steak, fish, pizza, veal stew to choose from as well. I think the food was very much catered for the Spanish palete, but, im always keen to try new things, however, if your not there will always be something you can eat.

The hotel is 5 mins from the beach which is always a pleasant walk if you take the coastal route as you can feed the chipmunks en-route.

The rooms were always spotless and cleaned every day. The sunloungers at the pool are the most comfortable ones ever ! The pool was sometimes a bit crowded but if this happend i would just use the one on the roof terrace instead."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of July 2007

loved it !

"The hotel was very clean and nicely decorated.Pools were lovely and the roof terrace was an added bonus.Only downside was that the food was a little repetitive but then what all inclusive isn't.Would definately go back there...beautiful island"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

lush jacuzzi area

Good

"the hotel is gorgeous really modern and super clean place to stay. 1 drawback is the lack of english the workers speak but on the whole they more or less get the jist of what you are saying. rooms are cleaned everyday which is great. on the roof top is a 2 big jacuzzis and 2 smallish lovely pools. the pool is too choker, quite smallish for number of rooms and people staying in the hotel. a nyc varied choice for beakfast but the evening meals are not up for much at all. try Fado Rock for a meal it was superb!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of June 2007

Loved it!!!

"We stayed at the Costa Caleta the first week in June on an all inclusive basis. Myself and my friend are two girls aged 24 and 25 and we loved it here.

The resort itself wasn't really ideal for us as there wasn't really anywhere for us to go of an evening but the hotel was lovely. The rooms were spotless and cleaned everyday with fresh towels, the food was fab and not repetative as were the drinks. We especially liked the roof terrace where you could lay all day without children running around you.

As I have said above I wouldn't recommend this resort if you are after a lively holiday, but if you after quality accomodation and good old relax this will be right up right street :o)"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of June 2007

Loved my stay here

Good

"I have just returned from a 7 night stay in this hotel. I travelled there with my 8 yr old son and my mother. I have to say that I found everything about this hotel wonderful. The food was beautiful and very varied - really catered for every taste. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Practically every member of staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The pool area was gorgeous aswell. Enclosed in the middle of the hotel, I knew my son was always safe. Also on the roof top there was a lovely area to sunbathe if you wished to really relax. Overall my experience of this hotel was excellent. My mother is already considering returning back there later this year, I will certainly return to it next year."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2007

Nice hotel, some teething problems

Good

"We got a good deal on this hotel, two weeks at end of August half board. We had read some very differing reviews but from the hotel's actual website - i think it is [----] we liked what we saw. Did i enjoy it - yes, would i go back - no. There is nothing very wrong with the hotel, it was the resort itself i didnt like, its tiny with one main street - good restaurants but not a whole lot to do! This would be a good place to go for a week with a young family or an older couple. We went to the capital which has a huge shopping centre but not much else. I was told when i was there that there is a ban on planning permission so if small's ur thing then ul be fine.
The hotel itself is very presentable and very shiny new. The staff at reception are pretty useless (arent they all) bar manager is lovely. the roof area is great as is the pool area in general, very comfy! you dont have a hope of a pool view as 75% of the rooms look at streets which have building work on them! The building work doesnt affect you and i think it will be finished by now but it would of been nice to have something to look at. Its a nice walk to the beach, would recommend the dolphin trip one of the most memorable of my life. lots of chipmunks along the way too! Rooms were always spotless and any problems were dealt with quickly (our safe broke). The food is very touch and go - one night there would be about 4 meals to select from the next barely one, great salad bar. We upgraded to all inclusive for around 15e a day and it was worth it the drinks at night are a fortune with out it and lunch round about would cost you that too. I hope you enjoy your holiday there, im glad iv been there really is nothing quite like this place."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of January 2007

Noise bad food not for English

"Will not return to this resort. All inclusive which wasn't cheap yet food was worse than school dinners. No English entertainment. Room was on hotel service road facing 3 skips road works and staff arriving early. Talking loud. Woken up every morning at 6am by noise. No air con so had to leave doors open and barricade with plastic chairs. At 7.30AM every morning dune buggies arrived opposite room . More noise! No sunbeds available cause of towels on all. Had one day when we got some. Traveled with partner and his mother and 12 yr old son and they said we booked honeymoon suite! Which they put us in. Apparently. Two single beds? Not the honeymoon suite but a mix up cause we booked a sea view, but didn't get one. Some if the staff were unfriendly and abrupt. If you want a nice relaxing quite holiday with great entertainment and friendly people ... DO NOT BOOK HERE. "

• Travel date: Fri 19th of August 2016

hoteloverall

"Went to this hotel 2nd march till 9th been here b4 never again really gone down hill every meal was cold chicken and veal on the menu every day we never ad any meal that was hot I waited for eggs to be cooked wen finished they were put on the back and when the lady bought them they were stone cold told the rep and he said nobody had complained that was lies because we herd people go to him and complain for my evening meal I was making a sandwich even the microwave was not heating the food hot av been told that Thompson are taking over in May lets hope it improves if you like cold food that's the place to go."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of March 2016

Hotels near Hotel Costa Caleta

Stayed at Hotel Costa Caleta? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Costa Caleta

• redlester by redlester

"Good food and drink at O'Connors Irish Bar "

• A Martin by A Martin

"Caleta De Fuste is so pretty. Not spoilt by tourism yet. All low rise pretty buildings. Great beach "

• peter M by peter M

"we hired a car to visit north and south ends if the island stunning beaches and views a must "

• noshame by noshame

"Good location, good clean beach. "

• noshame by noshame

"A visit to Jandia is a must to the nudist beaches to see some tackle! "

• melzecevic by melzecevic

"lovely town, lovely bars and restaurants "

• melzecevic by melzecevic

"the beaches, good shopping centre around 20 mins walk via the beach "

• download_girl by download_girl

"4 brilliant beaches, "

• freddyvsjason by freddyvsjason

"we will never go back to costa caleta again,,,, "

• freddyvsjason by freddyvsjason

"Recommend you feed the chipmucks and vist the beach.. "

• Anonymous1 by Anonymous1

"The Dome pub and eatery "

• arachuta by arachuta

"Really nice place to stay at "

• plettie by plettie

"Try to go to Jandia fantastic beach there "

• mickhendo by mickhendo

"very clean and well managed hotel. "

• Moragm17 by Moragm17

"good for family with young children "

• El Waters by El Waters

"If u want a quiet family holiday with not many late nights, this is the place for u "

• Older couple by Older couple

"Great room, poor entertainment, food could be better "

• rusty1954 by rusty1954

"Beach not the best, but better half a mile south, near two new hotels. "

• teresag by teresag

"don't get a room with a pool view unless you like noise, especially at 5am when sun beds are being moved around. "

• starchy by starchy

"go when only half full "

Hotel Costa Caleta is also called