Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort

Avda. del Castillo, s/n, 35610 Caleta de Fuste, Antigua, Fuerteventura Spain

Good
1951

EXCELLENT HOLLIDAY

Good

"Just arrived back from Barcelo Club El Castillo and had brilliant holliday. Couldn,t fault the place and the bungalow we had faced the sea which delighted me. Couldn,t have picked better myself. Not impressed with the so called "entertainment " but didn,t really bother us as the centre was nearby and enough going on there. Would go back there anytime, friendly staff, clean place, good food."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of October 2004

Fun in the Sun

"I went to Fuerteventura with my parents on 8th August 2004, The week after the heatwave. It was very hot but there was still a nice breeze.

The Barcelo club hotel was excellent and the clubs and activities for kids and adults were very well organised. The reps were very friendly and totally brilliant.

As well as it being right on the beach they had 5 very big swimming pools too! There was a wide selection of varied cuisines, even for breakfast.

All i can say is what an amazing holiday it was!
* * * * *"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of August 2004

Get ready to be Entertained

"After a short trip from the Airport and dropping other guests at plush Hotels in the resort we thought we had made a mistake, but how wrong we were, I can only describe our stay at Club Barcello Castillo as nothing short of fantastic.
The apartments are spacious and clean, make sure you get a first floor one near the pool area. but not in the square, gets noisy with the entertainment. In fact the entertaiment was so good I dont think I would have minded being amongst it!!! Each has its own balcony with sunbeds and table and chairs, but not like you get time to use them, as after a great breakfast its on with the entertainment, with Good Morning, Good Morning from the entertainment team.
And they were the key to the whole experience, you had great food, great staff, great hotel, but these guys made our stay memorable, our thanks to Tiina, Carmelo,Mahoney,David,Sunny,Tommy,Iris and Marius, these guys are excellent, they make you feel wellcome and relaxed, you must catch the shows they perform live, like Cats, Saturday Night Fever, and Grease.
I can not recommend this enough and we even tried to stay longer, but alas had to return to England, still theres always next year. If your thinking about this Hotel just book it you wont regret it"

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of July 2004

FANTASTIC

"We stayed at the Barcelo Club El Castillo in august last year for two weeks. The rooms were lovely and spotless. We went self catering. There are lots of restaurants reasonably priced ( between 7 & 9 euros)We went to the restaurant by the pirate ship & marina, The waiters were brilliant, the food was really good.
Dont forget to take some bread with you down to thebeach at night,go into the water and feed the fish by hand, fantastic.

Word of warning there are no lifeguards, so keep your eye on youngsters, there are five brilliant pools and they are lovely and clean!

The island is very quiet, we hired a car too and found it easy to drive around.

The markets & shops are fun,our 10 year old loved to barter with the sellers & he got some cheap gameboy games that way!

Enjoy your hols. Emails welcome for any info!"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of June 2004

Fantastic Place to Stay

"We have just returned from the Barcelo Club El Castillo and could not fault this property Food, Location and Staff Excelent"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of June 2004

Excellent

Good

"Just come back from a week away and although the weather wasn't great, we still managed to get a bit of colour. Our first apartment was near to the entertainment and bar area so we asked if we could possibly move. Within five minutes the receptionist had found us a bungalow on the other side of the complex and it was pure bliss. Sea view out of the bedroom window, quiet and perfect for our relaxing break. The only downside was I didn't get to use the ceiling fan in the room as it wasn't that warm!! Hired a car for a couple of days which was good and I'm so glad we didn't stay in Correlejo - Calleta de Fuste is so clean and quiet. I'd definately go back again"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of May 2004

Fantastic Holiday at the Barcelo Club el Castillo

"The Barcelo Club el Castillo was fantastic. The Rooms were fully equipt and were Sun Traps. The Balconys are so large they even provide you with Sun Loungers. The Restaurant was fantastic with such a huge selection of food. The Staff were very friendly and most of them can speak 3 languages. The location is on the Beach and the Sand Castle builders are fantastic. The holiday could not have been better. (Ask for an Apartment with a Beach View and not a Sea View, they are much nicer!!!) I would defintly go back there as soon as possible."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of April 2004

Much better than Club Caletta Las Villas!

"We stayed here before in December 2002 and had a wonderful time - great food, good rooms, wonderful kids club, friendly, helpful staff. We decided to return but wanted 2 beds so went to Club Caleta Las Villas instead - it was AWFUL! cold food, raw meat, rude unhelpful staff so we had to BUY our rooms at Barcelo to transfer but well worth it. The two hotels have the same 1st choice rating but you cannot compare them, Barcelo is real class! We did not know they had two bed bungalows and they have all been refurbished. We will definitely be going again.
SUPERB!"

• Travel date: Thu 1st of April 2004

Excellent

"First time there. Plenty of food and the staff in the restaurant exellent compartments good They do need a better map or a to z plan of the compartments but they are sign post it is like a maze in there recepition helpfull nice relaxing holiday i could not wish for better"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of March 2004

brilliant holiday

"I have just returned home from fuertaventura on the 21 st of january and had a great time. I was with my husband, 19th month old son, my mother, mother in law and father in law. The accomodation was perfect right next to the beach and the animacion team were excellent. I would go back in a minute to the same resort and accomodation."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of February 2004

Happy new year

"Had a lovely stay over new year, the hotel was nice and food was above average for AI' no complaints. Entertainment wasn't for us. Last year we were at the Barcelo Fuerteventura next door and it was much better. I would return it's a lovely area, beach is clean and there has been a lot of work done to the pier in the last year it is lovey."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of January 2015

Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort. Excellent

"We were here 29Jan to 5Feb 2014 Excellent resort, beautiful grounds, clean and comfortable accommodation, we were half board in this excellent self catering accommodation food, food delicious with good variety. Good location which suited us for walking plus wonderful golden beaches. The shows at the nearby Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel each evening excellent, we saw Lion King, We Will Rock You and World of Music.....amazing. We highly recommend this resort to all ages and families"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of February 2014

Hotels near Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort

Stayed at Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort

• AnaH by AnaH

"Don't be afraid to walk a little there's a lovely walk along the sea promenade "

• Darren D by Darren D

"fEEDING THE cHIPMUNKS "

• "Upper floor rooms get the best sun and views "

Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort is also called