Hotel Elba Carlota

Carretera Jandia Km. 11 Fuerteventura Golf Resort, 35610, Antigua, Fuerteventura Spain

1999

Flying Solo!

Good

"Wanted to get away for R&R. My first trip on my own. Hotel seemed safe and near airport, so took taxi as advised. But bus runs to hotel from outside airport for one euro, so worth getting bus. Hotel very modern and very clean, excellent room service. Breakfast buffet huge choice. Seating arrangment bit like canteen. Maybe time of year but 80% of guests late 60s plus. The odd young family. Walked most days to Caleta and beach there as a bit more livlier. Most nights spent in room as entertainment started late, and didn't really want to socialise with other guests. One BBC World News and one EuroSport in English, many Spanish, Italian and German channels (maybe they're trying to tell us something?) All in all did the job, relaxed on beach and rested, oh how I rested! OK for a weekend, but 5 days too long, was glad to get back to Madrid to stay with son for rest of trip."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of February 2008

very bad bar sevice and unhappy staff

"Stayed in Feb 2008 with 9 year old daughter. Hotel just right size and not too busy at this time. Weather hit and miss as always at this time too. Hotel right between Sheraton and Elba Carla. About 15 min walk into Caleta - over a litte rough ground if you are unsteady?? Taxi only 2.50 euros anyway.

Nice room a bit basic for a 4 star really. Staff were very miserable and especially the reception staff. The manager of the restaurant thought nothing of telling staff off in front of everyone which I found embarrassing for them. No wonder they were miserable! The bar staff were (as somone has said before) very very slow and people were getting highly irritated - to say the least. There was no order of service and they seemed to serve anyone and people were very willing to push in front of you.

Basically there weren't enough staff behind the bar anywhere and this was only February - god help them in Summer.

The customer service on reception was appauling and I would sooner employ chimps - at times they were down right rude with no provocation at all.

There seemed to be a guy in a suit walking around a lot with what looked like VIPs?? He didn't ask us anything and we were not asked for feedback at all. The rooms were imaculate and the maids were great. The pools were good for the kids but even the heated one was 'cool' to say the least.

At the pool bar you have to pay for any food you have which is odd. There are snacks and drinks out all day by the restaurant for you to help yourself - which is a better idea, the food was clap cold though and it worried me it was sat there all day.

Not suitable for teenagers - they would find it boring - good for families and older people and people on their own would feel fine here.

Overall the holiday was great and we met some great people - I would go again but there is room for improvement.

By the way if you go with XL you will not see a rep. so take a phone number before you go of who to contact should you need one- I needed one and I must have spent a fortune on phoning UK, Tenerife, Lanzarote etc.. before I got hold of our rep - who was useless.

The Crutchleys - Yorkshire"

• Travel date: Fri 15th of February 2008

Christmas Break

"The Elba Carlota is rather a new hotel it was 6 months old when we visited it in Dec 07 for 7 days only. As you can imagine we paid quite a lot for a ok hotel. We actually saw this hotel being built the previous year that we visited at it's sister hotel (the elba sara)

In comparison to the Elba Sara this hotel is a lot smaller. The reception area and bar area I thought was very dissapointing after reading previous reviews about super large sofas etc. Like I've said it's new and very modern, in fact a little to modern for comfort or less of it... The bar area in the hotel is naff, the lighting is just awful the actual layout of the tables, bar lights just reminded myself and hubby of a labour club.

The food, typical hotel food, breakfast was fine, lunch naff, and dinner not much variety. The meats are very tuff no matter how you have it cooked. We stayed for 7 days and not once was there tuna on the menu. Also NO pancakes at breakfast I did put a request in, and the very next day... we had pancakes........ but..... not fresh ones cooked, oh no they looked and tasted like they had been done for hours.

We had requested a seaview and had paid extra, we got a side sea view and pool view, would of been just great if we was in the sunny side block. There is two blocks of rooms facing each other and with it being late December the Sun didn't get quite high enough around to the block we stopped in. very miserable and cold was our room due to this problem. can't blame the hotel on the weather though! We asked several occasions to be moved to he sunny side and the reception staff knew exactly what we were talking about..... but Nope it didn't happen. The hotel was practically full of SAGA customers, we didn't know what Saga meant before we visited this hotel. Saga means the Pensioners Club. I have no problems with the older end, better than british lager louts, but it was quite distressing when you see through the day and night old people on walking sticks and zimmers. Again I felt I was in a labour club (not that I visit that kind of club :-) ) and a old peoples home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went away for sun rest and good food. I got rest quite alot of sun, not alot of food, but lots of Bailey's :-)

Hotel is in a great location the best as far as I'm concerned the beach is just Great and very clean. The town can be walked to along the coast a good 20 mins very nice walk, you can also get to go on a camel in the town (on the beach)

Entertainment at an evening was daibolical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! parot show for kids and sometimes dvd's of films.

Pool Bar the one facing he pools, was very nice good drinks NOT watered down either. Long queues but what's the hurry your on your jolly's.

New years eve...... tut.... This was the hotels Grand New year with it being there very first one. They worked the little fingers to the bone, The tables was layed beautifully and glasses cuttlery all new and sparkly.... I would say there was an avaerage of 560 people in one HUGE room. Unfortunately the evening was ruined due to the naff food as usual. NO childrens menu, the starters was fish (cold) Main meal was Fish (cold fozen) and we didn't bother stopping for the desert!

There was a live ban playing for about 30 mins and Yes it was fantastic if you was a pensioner and reminiscing about the war

We had to laugh..................

All in all, the hotel was just ok.... Hotel spotless, pools spotless cleaned daily, the heated one was just fab. drinks lots and fab baileys - food naff! Locatoin Fab weather fab, so I would reccommend this hotel if you don't mind the old dodgers, crap food, and pretty cold surroundings eg the bar area in the hotel, but don't book for new year as I'm sure you will be dissapointed. go in summer then you are guaranteed the sunny blocks (rooms) and get to Burger King at the Atlantico centre every day cos the food at the hotel is just dia!

the Atlantico centre has several shops, hairdressers, clothes, toy shops etc, a nice walk just a few mins..

Hope I have helped, itn is worthy of it's four stars at the mo, only because it's brand new. Give it two years then 3 stars if you're lucky.

Oh youm must visit the Sheraton next door the the Carlota it's just the hotel what we wished we had booked!!!! luxury!!!!! And yes we will visit there next and laugh at the Carlota :-)

have fun and happy jollys
x"

• Travel date: Sat 9th of February 2008

Stylish Hotel With A Few Objet D'art Pieces & Nice Pictures

"We booked two rooms at this hotel for a three night stay on laterooms.co.uk and requested adjacent rooms which we got. On entering the hotel it is very pleasing and there are nice sofas and huge vases dotted around. Near the entrance are two computers which you can use by putting euros in the slot for internet.
Rooms 504 & 505 were on the 5th floor with balconies at the front and the back. Very nicely appointed with cotton bed linen, no duvet and a double blanket in the wardrobe in case you needed it. Long bolster pillows which were too flat for my liking. The huge bed was absolutely rock hard! Our boys next door had two singles and they were the same.
Flat screen tv's with uk news station but the other channels all seemed to be in German. Bathrooms have glass doors & shower screens in them, fairly spacious. Mini bar in the room which you can have filled on request. The keycard you are given also operates the lights inside the rooms.
The staff were very friendly and helpful but quite often there were queues at reception and the bar Arecife overlooking the 2 pools, one of which was heated and the other one freezing. You can get beach towels by leaving a refundable deposit.There is a games room with pool , table tennis etc. Nice beach but fairly deserted when we stayed. The food was good and the evening buffet very attractively presented with lots of choice as were the breakfasts, although I have to say looking at a huge bowl of brussel sprouts that early is a little disconcerting
There is a little beach bar called Chirringuita (not part of the hotel)overlooking the sea, just outside the gate across the sand, lovely location, but terrible service, we managed to get drinks after 30 mins, the food never did turn up so we just left after tucking some cash under a glass, At least two other families had the same experience that we know of.
This hotel is directly under the flight path so it gets fairly noisy during the day. About two minutes walk takes you to the Atlantico Centre where there are a few nice shops and a big Spar which is quite reasonable. All in all an enjoyable stay."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of January 2008

Elba experience

Good

"We have just returned from a weeks holiday here on 22/11/07. Overall we enjoyed our stay, it was very quiet, mainly Spanish guests there, but lots of English SAGA customers too.
The room were spotless, and I was very impressed with the hygiene standard, and the bathroom was fab!!.
We only stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, though I'd stay 90% of guests were on the all inclusive tariff. For an extra 10 euros you could eat in the hotel restaurant, which was a hot/cold buffet (food not up to much ), the whole experience wasn't very nice, as you were basically left to fend for yourself and had to keep leaving the table to help yourself. The worst part was the piles of dirty plates left on adjacent tables, which weren't cleared away quickly enough.
The best meal we had by far was in the 'Arreciffe' restaurant, (which was very selmon used by guests), but was excellent value at just 10 euroes extra again. this restaurant is situated by the pools.
The pool area was great, with 3 pools, one unheated, one heated and a kiddies pool. The facilities for children appeared excellent and brand new. You don't need to take beach towels either, they were loaned out to you.
I would reccommend this hotel, but don't go all inclusive, there are lots of good restaurants in Caletta de Fuste (15 min walk away )"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of December 2007

Not a four Star Hotel

"Our group of 3 stayed at this hotel last week (Nov 10th) on an all inclusive basis. Our main issue started with the service, it's like the staff are told to be deliberately slow so you won't drink so much. I have never seen so many angry people at a bar and it wasn't even a busy time so I would hate to see this hotel at peak season. The staff avoid eye contact and do one thing extremely slowly at a time. We tipped the staff early on in the hope this would improve the service but apart from one Scottish bar girl the rest are useless and everything is "No". The house wine is the worst all of us ever tasted (both red and white) so we moved to the spirits which are equally as bad. The gin and vodka tasted the same (very cheap and really poor quality) and the cocktails weren't any better. We ended up buying our wine in the supermarket next door so only used the bars for water or soft drinks (or to open our own wine) and even then the wait was totally annoying. The food in the restaurant wasn't great we had 2 vegetarians in our group who could only live on cardboard pizza or bread and cheese. The non vegetarian didn't enjoy the meat or fish options either as totally repetitive. We had dinner out 3 nights and lunch out 3 days even though we paid for all inclusive?? We even bought food at the pool bar which was so bad the waiter said he wouldn't charge us for it but when it came to payment he then said he couldn't take it off the bill? The rooms and shared areas are kept clean and we didn't see any bugs but for a hotel that only opened this year the rooms are not wearing so well. The wood was coming away from our door, the shower leaked and our balcony faced out to a wall. We had free wifi access but only one english speaking TV channel so extremely repetitive.We had a very relaxing stay and the weather was fab but if you enjoy good food and wine - don't waste your money here!"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of November 2007

Highly recommended!

"My family (two Adults, two 15yr olds and a 2Yr old) have just got back from 14 days at the Elba Carlota and can highly recommend it. Everything was great. The rooms were fine, with either a Queen sized bed or two single beds. They were cleaned every day, with sheets and towels replaces as required.
The food was fantastic. We never experienced any delays in getting in the Restaurant, and the selection of the buffet food should leave no-one with any excuse not to find anything to suit them. For example, the evening buffet meal would include:- A large selection of salads generally with several cooked meat and often smoked salmon or prawns. There would also usualy be two fish dishes and two meat dishes (steak, chicken, pork) all cooked to order and often a carved joint of meat (Lamb, Chicken,Veal,or Ham). Add to this Pizza's and a selection of Pasta's and associated sauce's. For the kids there was Fish/Chicken Nuggets, Chips ect.
This was all accompanied by a selection of bread rolls and fresh fruit (oranges, apples,Kiwi, bananna's, Pinapples.....)To finish off there was an equally exhaustive selection of deserts.
We were all inclusive and found the selection of drinks to be fine. The beer was ok although not too strong and the wine drinkable. During the day you can either get drinks or ice cream from the Pool side bar, or if you just want beers/soft drinks/slush, you can serve yourself from the small bar/ seating area outside the main restaurant(also poolside).
There are two large pools, a childrens pool and a Jacuzzi. All of them were fine, although most people stayed in the heated one. We never had any problems getting a Sunbed no matter what time we went to the pool.
The staff were very friendly and always made a fuss of the children.
Trying to be constructive, there were a few point that could be improved:-
The vegetables at the meal times were not always very hot, although always warm.
No WIFI, or Internet access at all although it was quoted on most of the Websites.
No baby changing facilities in the public area toilets.
The evening entertainment started too late (10:00) for small children, although they did often screen a Disney film at 8:45. Overall I would not have any hesitation of recommending this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of November 2007

Elba Carlota fanastic holydays

"We stayed there for 2 weeks from 25th July 07, we were on our honeymoon.

The hotel staff gave us free champagne as it was our honeymoon, the staff were all v. friendly and helpful with really good english.

Pay no attention to any bad reviews of the place. Its great!!

Food and drinks great, rooms great, lovely surroundings.

Spotlessly clean.

We have already booked to go back next year and are taking all our friends with us!!"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of August 2007

Nice hotel, poor bar service

Good

"Stayed at this hotel for one week on an all inclusive basis, returning on 19th August.
Travelled in a party of 15 with ages ranging from 7 to 80. Rooms were fine, but a little cramped if there were three in a room. Generally the facilities were pretty good but as the hotel has only recently opened they were still finishing parts of the hotel off (minor stuff only). For this type of all inclusive hotel the food was probably slightly better than average, and there was always something for the younger kids to eat.
I do not believe that the hotel was available from any of the major British travel companies and therefore the British were very much in the minority. Most of the guests were Spanish.
The hotel is right on the beach( fine sand), and the sea is calm being protected by rock formations both natural and man-made forming a lagoon. There are pedalos on the beach but these have to be paid for.
The hotel is situated about 1 mile from the town and is a little isolated although there are two other hotels nearby, as well as a shopping centre ( about 15 shops!), 7 or 8 bars and restaurants including a Mcdonalds and Burger King.
There is a golf course just across the road but it is a 3 euo cab ride to get to the clubhouse. The couse is fairly flat and pleasant to walk round and not too difficult .
I would not recommend this hotel to teenagers 15+ as there is nothing to do in the evening and there are no clubs in the town.

My main gripe with the hotel is the poor service at the bars with a wait of 30 minutes not uncommon. At times there could be 30+ people at the bar with only 2 bar staff. Quite often people just gave up. I do not know whether this a ploy on behalf of the hotel to limit the amount of drink available to all inclusive guests, or whether they were penny pinching on staff. Either way it was extremely irritating and would be sufficient to stop me going back to this hotel. After 11.00pm you had to pay for all drinks even if you had been waiting to get served since 10.30pm.

All things considered we enjoyed our stay, but wouldn't return unless I was assured they had sorted out the bar service"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2007

bad, very bad

"bad, the worst hotel where I stay. only the pool is good, bad service, bad higiene, and the director is a ackward person. you need to wait a largest minutes to lunch, to diner, to breakfirst; to dink a cofee you wait 10 or 15 minutes. the WC are dirty or constantly closed. the rooms are smaller than in the hotel fotos and the hygiene is bad. No Internet, no hairdresser, no animation and a terrible choice for the food. The plates are contantly dirty, and after we advise they continue to be dirty. Please don´t go. It´s a hotel with one or two stars."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007

First visit to Fuerteventura

"Just returned from my first trip to Fuerteventura. We choose the Elba Carlota after reading some reviews and definitely it is worth it.
A very clean hotel, with awesome surroundings and a lovely staff aiming to help you in anything you need.
Will come back as soon as we can."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of March 2016

Fantastic hotel

"Just arrived from a wonderful two weeks at this nice hotel. From reception staff to animation staff all of them are amazing, always willing to help you in anything you need.
Food is lovely, very tasty and a good range of variety to choose every day, not repetitive.
Rooms are large and they are kept very clean. Definitely we will come back next summer!"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of August 2015

Hotels near Hotel Elba Carlota

Stayed at Hotel Elba Carlota? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Elba Carlota

• TRMCCOREY by TRMCCOREY

"A nice but half-dead Spanish resort, kind of like a gigantic bungalow resort. "

• TRMCCOREY by TRMCCOREY

"The submarine. And the wide Californian-like hingways. "

• valentine2 by valentine2

"hotel very nice. Service not so good "

• annie by annie

"Lovely weather and great beaches "

• matty by matty

"enjoy it, the week flew by, hire a car if you can to see all the island "

• Cath by Cath

"The hotel is very clean and spacious "

• carolyn by carolyn

"Great for a relaxing cheap holiday "

• parky by parky

"Don't go we were not amused "

• Lucy by Lucy

"Excellent & great value for money "

• biddy by biddy

"Heat the food up and keep at least 2 rooms for people going home late "

• Mark's by Mark's

"The shows of animation team "

• Linda W by Linda W

"Book bed and breakfast only "

• Paul D by Paul D

"Hire a car and explore the island "

• Edd C by Edd C

"Go to the Sara hotel in the evening "

• Held by Held

"Book a sea view junior suite "

Hotel Elba Carlota is also called