About Sixtytwo Hotel

• hair dryer
  • baggage storage
  • breakfast in the room
  • car hire
  • express check in check out
  • currency exchange
  • telephone
  • italian amenities
  • newspaper
  • soundproof rooms
  • paid public parking nearby
  • bicycle rental
  • allergy free room
  • tv channel one russia
  • laptop safe
  • catalan amenities

Good
( 1946 reviews)
Good

Good value, excellent location, nice staff, cool design hotel,good b/fast

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"My GF and I went to Barcelona instead of New York for New Year, due to the proposed BA strike we decided to head to Europe. And so pleased we did - the weather was perfect, 1.5 hours flying instead of 7.5, no jet lag, and had the same buzz for me as NYC. Spent 4 nights in Barcelona at the SixtyTwo Hotel - and we had a great time. The hotel is in my opinion on the best street in Barcelona, (just look at the shops adjacent to it) and Gaudi works all around. The hotel is very sleek, minimal and clean lines, very comfortable bed, and B&O television in the rooms, nice bathrooms - and the rooms are doube glazed even the one on the front - a very quiet - and have night blinds and a small balcony (standing room only) They have free internet in the very cool bar/ seating area with atmosphere lighting with its honesty bar, and the hotel does an excellent breakfast. Staff could not have been more helpful. I couldn't say what I didn't like about the hotel, as it's so minor, so instead I would make a few suggestions to the hotel manager so they get the full 10/10 instead of the 9/10: Put IPOD players in the rooms (mine did not have one), have a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door that you can put out, more towels,safe is to small to hold even a laptop or camera (but understand this may be an issue, as they are within the build in cupboard system-but a bit annoying), and in the room we were in the shower was never fixed - so it sprayed everywhere. As I said those are all easy fixes, and it should not put you off. The rooms are compact - but nicely arranged - and the key question would I return - WITHOUT DOUBT. What the old saying - location, location, location."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of February 2010

Clean, convenient, and friendly...what's not to love.

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I had a very brief stay in Barcelona on business last week and took a chance on a newer hotel in the area, SixtyTwo Hotel. My experience at this hotel was consistent with stays at comparable boutique hotels in London, New York, and San Francisco.

The rooms themselves are a bit small, but very well designed. As a business traveler, I don't need much, but it was all there. Great showers, too! The staff at the hotel was very helpful, particularly for a visitor who'd never been to Barcelona before.

On my next visit, I hope to spend a little more time at this neat hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of January 2010

Great hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Excellent new hotel in Barcelona that is sure to become our regular stay in Barcelona. Great service and location."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of January 2010

The hip of a boutique hotel without the attitude and good service

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Sixtytwo is a cool and hip place to stay when in Barcelona. Having stayed in many other boutique hotel around the world and not being overly excited by the level of the service you usually get, Sixtytwo's got it all. Good attitude whilst being hip. This hotel is highly recommended"

• Travel date: Sat 9th of January 2010

Comfortable, Relaxing & Great Location

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I think this hotel is relatively new so I couldn't find many comments on it when I was doing my search of Barcelona hotels. I took the chance in booking it not having many comments on the hotel and it paid off big time. The hotel is based in the middle (and I mean middle) of the main shopping street in Barcelona which also has some historical buildings designed by Gaudi. Surrounding shops include all the favourites for women...Gucci, D&G, Jimmy Choos etc. etc. and some for the men...Bang & Olufsen, North Face etc. etc. The hotel itself is nicely decorated in a modern style. The room while being a little small had plenty of character too with the Bang & Olufsen tv, electric blind, hidden wardrobe, handy controls for the lights and a seriously powerful shower. The bar is an honesty bar..i.e. you serve yourself and tell them later what you've had. We would have liked to have had time to spend here but we were limited on time. We did however attend the free wine tasting session there which was good fun. Outside the hotel is the metro station which goes straight to Barcelona Airport which is handy, a city bus tour stop and taxi ranks so all needs are catered for.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay and could find not a fault with the hotel, staff or location."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of December 2009

A gem

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"A very good comfortable hotel right in the interesting bit of barcelona. Great to walk around from, lots of local attractions. Fairly small rooms but very nicely done."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of November 2009

Beautifully designed, poorly constructed

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"It is hard to say if this is a good hotel or not. It is in the best location, the staff are friendly and very helpful, the rooms are beautiful as is the "honesty bar" (From which this review is being written). What lets it down is the construction. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything going on next door, the floors are wood in the corridors so you can hear all people traffic and the fixtures feel like they are about to collapse. It has a feel of not being completed. On reflection I would say it is good and worth a stay, based on three things, one, location, two, staff, three and most importantly, power shower which literaly removes skin"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of October 2009

Well located and excelent service

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"Extremely well located, with a great view to some Gaudi's masterpieces.
The service is very good and the cellar deserves a visit"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of October 2009

Closed for rennovation

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"We arrived on Sunday 13th September to find the hotel all locked up with no notice for arriving guests as to why. After enquiring at the nearby Majestic it transpired that the Prestige has been closed for about 1 month and is currently undergoing refurbishment.

Fortunately after contacting our booking agency we had been allocated alternative accommodation nearby."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of September 2009

Fantastic value - Highly recommended

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"Great value in a central location. No luxury but certainly recommended. No faults at all, clean and large room, friendly staff and a very reasonable price."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of September 2009