About Hotel Glories

• 24 hour check in
  • taxi service
  • croatian amenities
  • serbian
  • paid private parking nearby
  • laptop safe
  • catalan amenities

Good

Great Hotel at a budget price

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Couldn't fault the Hotel. Rooms clean, comfortable & well furnished. Excellent choice at breakfast. Staff very friendly. The easiest way to get to & from the Hotel is to use busses 7 or 56 which go along the Grand Via des les Corts Catalan from Passeig de Gracia. Journey takes about 10 mins. The Carra da Padilla stop is just a minute from the Hotel. If travelling by Metro use Monumental station rather than Glories. It is difficult to find the hotel from the latter."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of February 2007

This Hotel was totally great!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"This Hotel is very beautiful! The rooms are big and the beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms are very beautiful and big. The breakfast is wonderful. It gives everything what you can dream of. The People in the lobby are very nice and kind. The location from the hotel is ca.2km away from the city but it is no problem to walk this because the way is so beautiful! I just can recommend the Hotel and Barcelona!"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of January 2007

Basic, safe, clean place to stay with easy access to the city

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"I picked this hotel based on price and location. It is 2.5 blocks from the Monumental subway stop which is just 3 blocks east of Sagura Familia cathedral. 2 subway stops to the heart of the old city so location was convenient but out of the center which accounts for its lower price. It is in a neighborhood of apartments and local shops and restaurants. I felt perfectly safe at all times. The hotel is very nice if you are looking for a clean, safe, basic appointed place to sleep and shower. The furniture was new and everything in new condition. I appreciate the solid Pergo floors rather than carpeting which is non-hygenic. The bathroom was marble tiled and very nice. The disappointed people clearly had expectations too high for a two star - there is no emphasis here on views from the window or fancy accesories in the bathroom or room service. I am a business traveler who stays in some very fine hotels around the world and I can say this is nice for the active tourist who is going to sleep here and be gone all day. It is not a resort hotel! It was perfectly quiet too I should add. No busy streets or noisy businesses nearby. Desk people were very helpful trying to get my lost airline luggage and all-around perfectly courteous staff. I would go back."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of November 2006

Basic basically

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Our room was clean but kind of rundown and very cookie-cutter. The staff was quite helpful and fluent in English and spoke a little French as well. There was Internet access available in the lobby for 1.50 euros per 15 minutes. I’d recommend this hotel for a business traveler on a budget rather than a tourist."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of September 2006

Don't believe disgruntled reviewers - Glories is OK

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"I' m sorry about the experience of the April 2006 reviewer but we have just returned from the Hotel Glories and enjoyed our stay. The staff were all friendly but their English was a bit sketchy so it helped that I speak Spanish. Perhaps poor English on both sides was the cause of the problems for the previous reviewer. Our room was not huge but was pleasant and very quiet considering we were facing the street, (Barcelona can be very noisy). The air conditioning worked well and the breakfast choice was excellent. One morning we wanted to leave early before breakfast started so we asked if we could have room service. This was not available, but they offered to prepare "picnics" which we could collect from reception at 6am. When we checked out of the hotel we noticed that the "picnics" were not on the bill. We queried this and were told that there was no charge as we had not taken breakfast on that day. Quite fair really, but not the norm in many hotels. Approach via Monumental metro station. It's closer. Enjoy your stay."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of May 2006

Entering the hotel room was LIKE ENTERING IN A PRISON CELL!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"I've booked two triple rooms in the hotel official site based on the beautiful photos of a room with a wide open window, clear, with direct sunlight. What did we see when we entered our rooms? Under a beautifull curtain there was a tiny window, leading to something I can't even describe but wasn't a patio or an interior garden. No, it was a dump, filthy place, covered with webnets, black dust and completly closed like a giant bird cage. The triple room wasn't a triple room at all and we were paying for a triple room. It was a double room with an extra bed. Besides, we had to carry our luggage downstairs because the rooms were located in a kind of basement without access with the lift and the unkind and rude staff didn't suggest giving a help when we asked how the luggage could be put downstairs. And the hotel advertised also porter services! We returned to the reception to complain about the room and they told us the hotel was full and that we had to stay in those cells. I insisted that this was a mischief and almost a fraud and incredibly, one of the girls of the reception started laughing at my complaint!!! They suggested to look for another room in Barcelona but there wasn't any room left so if we didn't want the rooms we had to leave the hotel and stay in the street. At that time, II asked to talk to the hotel manager and I was told he was at home and could not be disturbed. After insisting they put me through a rude, impolite, rough person who after shouting at me and almost not listening to what I was complaining about and only after I told him that I was going to complain about the hotel policy to the spanish tourism authorities he told me that in the next morning there would be ONE room free as the ones we had booked. Next morning, I went to the reception and the same rude person I had talked on the phone the night before showed me not ONE but two rooms, simple, nice, tidy with a wide window, direct sunlight exactly as the ones showed in the web site and that we accepted at once. But again they were double rooms with an extra bed and in the site it was advertised different prices for a triple room and a double room with an extra bed. The hotels should be obliged to say that they have different kinds of rooms and also charge differently because it is not fair to pay exactly the same for the two completly different types of rooms I've seen in this hotel. So, if you choose to stay in this hotel insist to have an exterior room or if you choose to stay in an interior room at least you shoud pay accordingly. As for me and my friends, I will do my best to advice everyone never to stay in this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of April 2006

To Hot for me...

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"The Hotel is friendly and clean, but the rooms are too small, and the air-conditioner doesn't work well. The windows are sometimes broken, and most of them are to the back street or to a interior space. The staff is nice but their english is not so good. I think, I will never return to this Hotel, is three stars, but maintence is important."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of September 2004

Mind the roundabout

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Hotel is very good for a three star hotel. Although basic decoration it is full of everything you need. Recommended for anyone wanting a triple room. We had a two single beds in the main room and then a seperate room with another two beds so no need to sleep too close to your mates.
Staff are very helpful and speak excellent English. The hotel was difficult to find as there are a lack of sign posts and this hotel is not in central Barcelona so few people speak English so difficult to ask for directions. When arriving at Glories metro station it was difficult to find the hotel because all that could be seen was a very big roundabout which we ended up doing a full circuit! Took us about three hours and four different locals to find the hotel. Glories shopping centre is about a ten minute walk away where you can find various clothes shops and restaurants.

Transport: Once translated the easiest and cheapest mode of transport is the train/metro. Buy a single ticket to either Arch de Triomp (costs approx 2.20 euro's and then change and get on the metro to either Glories or Marina stations. Directions to the hotel from these stations are (as I don't want you to get lost)

Glories: Exit the station and turn left at the roundabout. Take the second turning (Road called: Diagonally). c/Padilla is on the left hand side about one or two roads up. Hotel on the right hand side of the road. To get to the shopping centre from the station turn right instead of left. To get get to central Barcelona.

Marina (good station to get off for the zoo). Come out of the station and go straight ahead, keep walking until you see a bit whitish building on the left hand side (National Theatre of Catalonia). Take the road on the left and walk past the theatre, follow the road up, cross over at the cross roads and up the next road which is c/Padilla - hotel is on left hand side.

Central Barcelona is about a twenty minute walk from the hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of December 2003