About Hotel Constanza Barcelona

• sun terrace
  • bicycle rental
  • spanish amenities
  • iron
  • paid private parking nearby

Good

Friendly, stylish hotel in quiet location

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We recently stayed here for 3 nights in an apartment with its own terrace (all the standard, double rooms were booked). As most people have commented, the hotel is very modern, stylish and the staff very helpful. The apartment itself was quite spacious although the bathroom didn't have a bath tub (it would have been nice to have a soak after a long day of walking!). Our terrace area was quite nice to enjoy a drink and to relax. The breakfast, at 6 euros pp, is definitely worth having . However, unlike others who have reviewed the hotel, we thought the location of the hotel was a little from the main centre. The area itself is nice enough, but there didn't appear to be many restaurants or bars nearby, so we had to walk a little distance for a wider selection. It is fairly close to the metro station though, and also to the two Gaudi buildings on Passeig de Gracia. Overall, it is very reasonably priced compared to other hotels in Barcelona and we had a very enjoyable stay."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of November 2006

Super hotel

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Constanza for two nights in late November and thought it was a great hotel. Room 102 was spacious and beautifully decorated with a lovely sitting area and small patio. The location is very quiet but only a short walk to the metro and the centre of town. Breakfast is a good value option with unlimited coffee, bread, cheese, ham, pastries etc. Staff excellent. Only downsides were no facility for making a drink in your room and no room service either plus no english channels on the tv but these are minor points for an otherwise very good hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of November 2006

Absolutely fabulous

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"I spent two weekend nights here in early November. This hotel is a gem. The location is excellent. It's in an extremely quiet residential neighborhood. I could walk to the subway within 5 minutes and Placa Catalunya in just a little more time than that. Barri Gotic is just on the other side of Placa Catalunya. So, in a word, it's convenient.

The hotel is immaculately maintained. It has a fresh, clean, modern decor and it is kept exceptionally clean. The rooms were tidy and always cleaned when I returned at the end of the day. My room was a single across from the elevator, yet I heard absolutely no noise overnight at all.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was extensive and a good deal for 6 euros.

I can't provide enough positive feedback to do this hotel justice -- I had absolutely no complaints and will recommend it heartily to anyone headed to Barcelona in the future."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of November 2006

The Constanza is excellent

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"The Hotel Constanza is excellent and I would recommend staying here. Our room was immaculate, the staff very friendly and helpful and the location ideal, just 3 blocks from Gracia. We chose an apartment (for 3) which is worth the extra cost, and good value at 170euros per night. The room (No 605) is large, bed is huge, includes a large terrace and a small kitchen area with fridge, microwave and hob. There is a supermarket nearby for wine or breakfast goodies, the hotel buffet breakfast is good at 7 euros, or there are plenty of cafes nearby to have breakfast. The Timbaler next door is very friendly and great at any time of the day, with tables on the street or inside. The hotel is planning a major development between Christmas and the beginning of the 2007 season, to include a swimming pool."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of October 2006

Great hotel

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"Just returned from a great stay at Hotel Constanza. Excellent facilities and location - just minutes from La Ramblas, metro stops and supermarket/convenience store. Rooms were extremely clean, very comfortable beds and good breakfast. Travelling with 2 teenagers who thought it was the best hotel they had stayed in yet. Thoroughly recommended."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

excellent!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Highly reccomended. Rooms were clean and spacious. Decor was stylish. Hotel is walking distance to las ramblas. Rooms had internet connections. The only issue I had was most of the tv channels were spanish programming. I would have thought that a hotel catered mostly to english speaking guests would have had more english channels to watch, they still get 5 stars nonetheless."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of October 2006

Fantastic Barcelona Hotel

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"LOCATION: The nearest metro stop is Urquinaona, which is a 3-4 minute walk from the hotel. You can also walk to Placa Catalunya in about 6-7 minutes. There is a convenience store called Tete Tata about a 5-minute walk away and there are many restaurants within a 5-minute walk away.

ROOMS: So lovely. The decor is modern, hip, and minimalist. The furniture and fixtures are very new. We stayed in a suite with a patio. The room was very clean and the air conditioning worked in full force.

STAFF: On the whole, very helpful. One guy who generally worked during the day had a little bit of an attitude, but the guy who worked nights was very, very helpful and nice.

NOISE: Shouldn't be a problem. We didn't hear street noise and only heard other guests infrequently.

INTERNET: I believe that there was free wireless in the rooms."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of October 2006

Trendy, nicely appointed, great location

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Stayed here for four nights in September. The location of the hotel is great. Location is quiet, on a side street but only couple blocks away from all the major activities.

Room is nice and spacious (we had a suite). The decor looks like something out of Pottery Barn. The bed is very comfortable. Sleeps three (we have a five year old child) comfortably.

The staff was very helpful. If I have to complain about one thing, it would be the complimentary soap and shampoo the hotel provided. But all you need to do is bring your own and that solves the problem.

For 140 Euros, it was a GREAT deal! I would stay there again."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of October 2006

a funky gem

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"My boyfriend and I just returned from a lovely three day stay at Hotel Constanza in Barcelona. The hotel is in a perfect location, the staff are friendly and helpful, the place is funky and hip. It definitely amazing value for your money. I would recommend it to anyone!"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of September 2006

WONDERFUL HOTEL and can't be beat for the money!

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"We stayed here upon returning to Barcelona after an earlier stay at the Camper Hotel. I loved the Camper Hotel and its neighborhood, but I have to say we also loved Hotel Constanza. The staff were super helpful. We were allowed to check in early as our rooms were ready. The rooms were perfectly appointed. My sister and her family stayed in a larger, deluxe room that had a gorgeous patio. They didn't leave for the rest of the day!
We were centrally located - near plenty of restaurants and walking distance to fantastic shopping. And although we loved the free snacks and breakfast at Camper, for half of the price of a night's stay, we could just as happily get our own snacks and breakfast. If I was just looking for a nice, comfortable, fairly luxe hotel for a great price, I would definitely stay here."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of September 2006