This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Casa Marcelo Barcelona

Good

A true delight - especially for the art and design lovers

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Casa de Marcelo was a pleasant surprise because we didn't know much about this B&B when looking for a place to stay the day before we arrived in Barcelona. Because it was very last minute, all other B&Bs we contacted were full and Casa de Marcelo happened to have one room available for the first night, so we went for it. The place turned out to be wonderful in every sense.

First off, it's well situated in a young and trendy neighborhood that has everything you need within walking distance - great restaurants, fashion boutiques, the beach, the promenade, and the train station is less than 5 minutes' walk away.

Secondly, the casa itself was tastefully decorated and immaculately clean. Unlike those so-called "design hotels," the place made you feel like staying at a beautiful home instead of a cold, clinical room. That was largely due to the host Marcelo who was extremely accommodating and had great attention to details, from the cotton pads and buds in the bathroom to fresh flowers and candle light in the hallway, all of which made one's stay at the casa a warm and pleasant experience.

As I'm writing this review, I'm actually a bit hesitant of singing so highly of Casa de Marcelo. That's not because what I wrote wasn't true; on the contrary, the B&B deserves every compliment on this web site and beyond. My hesitation was due to my own selfish hope of not wanting this wonderful place to be "tainted" by too many guests, just as my hope of not wanting the neighborhood to be over-crowded by tourists. Casa de Marcelo had made my first visit to Barcelona an unforgettable memory, and I hope when I come back in the future, I can still quietly enjoy the neighborhood, Casa de Marcelo, and chat with Marcelo about his inspiration of decorating the house. But, selfishness aside, I do hope Marcelo to become more and more successful, so that there'll be Casa de Marcelo wherever I travel to in Spain!"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of May 2010

style combined with heart - the perfect place to stay

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"You need 10 minutes in that apartment and 5 minutes talk with marcelo to know that you were extremely lucky to find this place. Marcelo did an excellent job with his 'casa' in terms of design, service and atmosphere. At casa Marcelo you will feel at home instantly and if you are new to the city, Marcelo will give you the really helpful hints and not the 'go eat at my uncle's place so that the money stays in the family' type of advice. This host thinks as you think - he is flexible, generous and he has style.
Located 2 minutes from the train station (Estaçion de França, easy trip from the airport), 1 minute to some really excellent tapas bars of which one is Cal Pep (touristy though, better take the one on the Plaça des Olles). Located in a hip and still upcoming area rather for the young or young-minded clientèle, very close to markets, sea food, nice evening walks at the piers and close to both the old town, La Rambla and l'Eixample.
We did everything by walk on the first day, for the second we rented a scooter at the nearby rental on Passeig de Colom, 5 minutes from the apartment.
When we left for Madrid I asked Marcelo if he has a dépandance in Madrid or if he knows a similar place to stay there. I would have beamed this whole place to Madrid instantly."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of May 2010

Perfect Location + Exceptional Service = Excellent Value!

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"We are sooooooo glad we tried out Casa de Marcello after reading other reviews on Trip Advisor. We originally booked for 2 nights, but ended up staying for 6 because we loved it so much. We've now traveled all throughout Europe and we can honestly say that Casa de Marcello and Barcelona was our FAVORITE PLACE!

LOCATION: The guest house is in a perfect location, "The Born". Right outside your doorstep you have tons of yummy tapas bars, wonderful restaurants, and fabulous shopping and boutiques run by up-and-coming artists and designers. The neighborhood offers and truly authentic experience. The playa (beach) and harbour are a few blocks away as well, within walking distance, as well as the Picasso Museum. Also the Citadel Park is very close (with the zoo) and makes a lovely bike ride. We rode all over the city on our bikes, and we realized that The Born was the best neighborhood to stay in.

THE CASA: We've stayed in 4-star hotels that were not as great as the Casa de Marcello. Every room in the Casa is perfectly clean, smells great, and always with fresh flowers. And it is obvious that Marcello has paid extra special attention to detail, so design buffs will delight in his tasteful decor, antiques, and modern art. At first I was nervous about the "shared bathrooms" but there are three, and they are so close to the rooms that I didn't notice I was "sharing" at all... in fact they felt very private. They were perfectly clean, and well stocked the amenities. Also, a lovely light breakfast is included in the price which adds to the value, as well as WIFI internet.

THE SERVICE: Finally, it is Marcello himself that made our experience truly great! He is a young, hip, worldly guy with a warm heart, ready to help you discover the best of Barcelona. He speaks wonderful English, French, and of course Spanish. Not only did we find a great new place in the world to visit, but also made a new friend! We WILL be back to the Casa de Marcello for sure in the future, and we would recommend it HIGHLY to anyone thinking of visiting Barcelona!

Extra Tips:
Splurge a bit and indulge in a massage at the ancient Arab Baths called "Aire de Barcelona" just a few blocks walking distance from the Casa. An incredible experience that's totally relaxing and unique."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of May 2010

La Casa de Marcelo is reason enough to visit Barcelona

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Immaculate and superbly located, plus Marcelo’s exceptional
hospitality will automatically make you feel at home. You can’t go
wrong."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of May 2010

The nicest, friendliest hostel I have ever stayed in!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Casa Marcelo was our home for a week during the 'ash cloud' dilema. We could not belive our luck as we had clearly stumbled across an absolute gem of a hostel. Marcelo was so friendly and helpful in a difficult time. The room we stayed in had only been open a week but Marcelo made sure we felt at home by adding more items to the room through the week (flowers, candles, clean towels and dressing gowns). The hostel itself is beautiful and the location absolutely perfect for everything in Barcelona. I have stayed in lots of hostels and this one is without doubt the cleanest most comfortable of them all. Do not be put off by the lack of reviews, this place is amazing!!! Thank you so much Marcelo."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of April 2010

Casa de Marcelo is THE place to stay in Barcelona!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"I live in Algiers as I work as a Diplomat here, and I decided to go to Barcelona for 5 days, and I was really lucky that Marcelo already started business as I spent an amazing time at his place.
It's a very well located guest house in a wonderful neighborhood, you just have to go downstairs and you already are close to restaurants, shops, museums, bars, and as close as a very short walk.
The place is always clean, beds you can sleep forever, really quiet, great breakfast, and everything carefully selected, the house is designed in an incredible way, it makes you feel cozy and warm with an elegant touch.
But the best of all was Marcelo, he is SO nice, the way a good guest should be, he was always kind and in great disposition to help or guide me and he even went with me for dinner and we spent a great time.
So, I strongly recommend Casa de Marcelo, you will have great time in a great city!"

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of April 2010

brilliant

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"i highly recommend this accommodation. what a wonderful 5 nights we spent here. absolutely everything was fantastic, really comfortable beds very clean and warm and beautifully designed. marcelo helped us so much. we think he is magic."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of April 2010