Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona

Carrer Elisabets 11, 08001 Barcelona Spain

close to perfection

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"My wife and I stayed at Casa Camper for four nights in mid-October, on the basis of the rave reviews. It's everything that's been written about it. Absolutely perfect location; rooms spotlessly clean, bathroom in a different league from other hotels and beds totally comfortable. Staff beautiful and very helpful -they extended our check out time until late afternoon because we had a late night flight.

However...not sure the separate sitting rooms work very well, particularly on the lower floors. They are rather gloomy because of the neighbouring building across the narrow, interesting (and almost traffic-free) street. Didn't feel comfortable in ours -despite the hammock! Higher up or a suite would probably be a better bet. Also with the dark red and black colour schemes it can feel a little claustrophobic. Maybe it was just the unusual weather - it rained for a lot of the time but you tended to lose touch with the outside world. The remedy would be to take regular trips to the 6th floor outdoor terrace which gave a tremendous view.

But all in all as close to the perfect combination of style and service as is likely to be found. Just book a room above the second floor......."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of October 2005

Mi Casa Est Su Casa!

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"I just got back from a 7 night stay in Barcelona and I absolutely loved this hotel. The reviews were right on! You can not beat the location- walking distance to La Rambla, Gothic Quarter, Catalunya square, El Born, as well as numerous shops and restaurants. The staff is very hospitable and warm, they all speak English and go out of their way to make you feel like you’re at home. The room was very stylish and hip (think the W Hotel meets Diesel) and the shower was heavenly- best water pressure! We had a kind sized bed that was very comfortable. We didn’t get the suite and wanted to upgrade half way through the week but after we looked at the room we realized it was no different than what we had. Our lounge area was on the other side of the corridor but we only really slept in the room so it didn’t matter. The food was surprisingly good- breakfast is included and served until 11am daily—everything was very fresh. Also included are snacks/salads/soft drinks and water throughout the day. Overall, I think this hotel was superb and I would recommend it to everyone. I would definitely stay there again. Check sites like expedia and orbitz for better rates, we got the room for about 40 Euros less than the hotel was offering."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of October 2005

#1!

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"i just got back from a 10-day trip to barcelona and stayed for 9 nights at casa camper. stayed in both a room with the mini-lounge and in a suite (got an upgrade a couple of days later at no extra charge). the chic minimalist decor succeeds (what the Standard in LA must have aimed to be but dismally failed). everything was immaculate--from the sheets to the in-house cafeteria. i totally love the row of hooks that lined the wall. and the rooms were large by european standards (even larger than most boutique hotel suites i've stayed in in the US).

but enough about the rooms. what really sets the hotel apart is the staff and the service they provide. in most hotels, a cold, crisp manner is mistaken for professionalism and efficiency. at casa camper, professionalism is coupled with a genuinely friendly attitude and warmth.

i had the unfortunate luck of having my wallet stolen during this trip, and upon learning this, the staff immediately assisted me in contacting the local credit card offices. i didn't even have to ask!

the location is great. i love that it is within walking distance from all the different districts. its closeness to barrio chino gives it an unpretentious appeal.

i would definitely stay here during my next visit to barcelona."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of October 2005

Believe the hype!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"I really cannot add much to what has been said apart from to say that everything I read on the previous reviews was true!

The hotel is funky, modern, cosy and comfortable, and the friendly staff really make it.

The location is spot on - quiet but so close to Las Ramblas etc.

I would definitely visit again, and would recommend it to anyone (but especially couples, although I saw some singles and families of all ages there too)."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of October 2005

fantastic

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Great hotel. If you have the $$$$ this is the hotel to enjoy if you plan to go to Barcelona. I was blown away by the service, cleanliness and just how unique this hotel is compared to others in Barcelona. Quiet at night, but in a great location near La Rambla. Staff could not be more helpful. Only problem was that many taxi drivers were unaware of the location of the hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of October 2005

What a cool hotel!!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We just returned from an amazing stay at the Casa Camper. I have to admit I researched and double researched every hotel in the Barcelona area and time and time again this hotel just seemed to stand out from the rest. Everything about this hotel makes your trip even more enjoyable (Especially the shower!!).

There's not much more I can add to the other reviews because they all tell the many extras this hotel has to offer. We opted for a suite and I would definitely recommend it. It is so convenient to have a lounge area connected right to the bedroom but still separated by a sliding wood door, if needed.

It does not get more convenient than to be able to grab a snack or beverage on your way out to tour the city. The location of this hotel is great, just steps from Las Ramblas and a short walking distance to many of the city's other attractions (Gothic Quarter, Port area etc.) We were lucky enough to stay there during Le Mercer (a holy day(s) full of many festivities) and easily walked to many of the concerts, parades and activities happening all over the city.

If you are looking for a chic but comfortable hotel with an extremely helpful staff and all the extras for a decent price, Casa Camper is the way to go!!"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of September 2005

Welcome to Coolsville, population... us :)

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We stayed at the Camper for a few nights before our cruise. There's not much I can add to the latest review aside from saying that they're dead on.

Decor is fantastic, immediately had visions of renovating my bathroom at home after seeing the shower. The one thing I can say about both Barcelona hotels we stayed at is Fantastic water pressure!!!

The absolute most satisfying thing about this hotel was the pricing structure. Yes, it is pricey, but the snack area, morning breakfasts and internet access is all included so you pay once and that's it.

Only thing to add is FYI, the hotel is a very short walk from P. Cataluyna, so feel confident to take the airport bus to Cataluyna and walk to the hotel. (provided you have rollers on your suit case... like a 5min walk)"

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of September 2005

Fantastically cool hotel

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"Found this hotel through TripAdvisor: read the other reviews & beleive them. Stayed for 4 nights at the beginning of September at this cool trendy hotel & loved it. The design & styling of the hotel is fatastic, very urban & beautifully done. The tentenpie is a nice touch, & means you can just snack when you want to. The beds are large & comfortable, & the showers are fantastic. I'd be tempted to go for a suite next time, just to avoid crossing the corridor to the lounge, although, the corridor is not exacly a problem!

The staff are soooo good. They were all, without exception, beautiful to behold, trendy, and genuinely helpful, friendly & accommodating - none of that detached disinterest I have experienced in hotels all over the world!

The hotel is in an interesting area, may be slightly too 'developing' for some people, as it's very much a still-up-&-coming area, but this wasn't a problem. There are some great restaurants in the vicinity too (although avoid 'Neen' (or Carmelitas, which was the alternative name) as my husband got food poisining there & spent the entire next day wiped out as a result.).

This is a great hotel if you like urban cool. It you like glitz, then maybe not for you, but I would definintely use it again."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of September 2005

Great Style, Service & Quality

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"Found this Hotel to be first class. The staff were helpful, curtious & friendly. The Suite was 5 star & the location was ideal for the Ramblas, but just set back enough from the hub of the City so as not a sound was heard through-out the night.

The hammock was a "quirky" bit of fun & we loved the " Lover's Don't Run" badges on the pillows when we arrived, even if we didn't quite fully understand it!

The 24hr mini bar was another winning formula that helps make this hoter stand out above any other hotel I've stayed in.

If you are going to Barca & your budget allows it you have to try Casa Camper."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of September 2005

The Hotel, the Staff, The Room, The Location - BRILLIANT!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"We stayed here for a week in our favourite city. It's quirky styling may not be to everyones taste but rooms are comfortable and the suites are spacious (and the upgrade is recommended). The location is fantastic - when you go to Barcelona stay in town - experience city life.

The best thing about Camper is the staff. Yes of course they are young, beautiful and trendy but most importantly they are happy, helpful and friendly.

We'll be back!"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2005

Hotels near Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona

Stayed at Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona

• Nigel B by Nigel B

"Vivamus auctor leo vel dui. Aliquam erat volutpat. Phasellus nibh. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Cras tempor. Morbi egestas, urna non consequat tempus, nunc arcu mollis enim, eu aliquam erat nulla non nibh. Duis consectetuer malesuada velit. Nam ante nulla, interdum vel, tristique ac, condimentum non, tellus. Proin ornare feugiat nisl. Suspendisse dolor nisl, ultrices at, eleifend vel, consequat at, dolor. "

Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona is also called