lovely holiday

Reviewed Fri 24th of September 2010

"i was dreading my holiday after reading reviews!!! - have i been to a different place from everyone else.

we had 11 days self catering. the apartment was quite big and airy and spotless. it was an older type apartment but very clean and airy. we went self catering and ate out in restaurants, went to the beach down the board walk. it was shaded yes but it was in a wood or forest. a lot complained because it was dark but i already knew it was full of trees because of the internet, i had read on it.

on the whole we had a great holiday, its a good job you dont believe everything you read. i would definitely go again. everyone was polite."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of September 2010

Do Not Go!

Reviewed Tue 24th of August 2010

"I returned from Sol Parc 2 days ago after a nightmare week which I booked laughably as a treat for my daughter and 3 grandchildren. We were dumped beside reception with 2 buggies 3 cases plus hand luggage reception was up hill or steps. No one available to help with bags and our apartment was 15 mins up hill from reception we were offered a sort of wheelbarrow to use. what a joke paths are mostly cobbled with huge pine trees often dotted in the middle so not wide enough to pass through with bags and barrow only just managed to get buggies passed. This holiday was sold as disabled friendly which is rubbish ramps into pool yes but no wheelchair would ever reach pool on these paths. Also beautiful beach and bay perfect for small children and my grandchildren enjoyed it every day but the walkway is covered by deep sand in several places and no wheelchair would get through this. We just about managed with a buggy pulling it backwards two of us together and the baby is only 7 months old. Trip back from beach all uphill and very steep. We booked a ground floor apartment and got a two storey mini house dated accomadation and electrics a bit scary but used to this in Europe so not a problem. However no stairgates available not even to hire if you are english! We saw dutch/german/italian families with these and our tour rep told us they do have them. The day we arrived we asked the rep she told us leave it with her as the receptionist on duty was not the HELPFUL one and she would sort a stairgate for us, we never got one. Same applied to high chairs in apartments none available for brits no kids club for brits dutch one very good and very in your face but not allowed to join in if you are british. We were told our kids could use italian club but they never did anything all week except get drunk with italian adult holiday makers. British children were actually ushered of the dance area twice by italian reps and told go away! Try to explain to a 3 year old when they see a clown that they are not allowed to join in we felt like second class citizens and to add insult to injury had actually paid more than the dutch to stay here. We paid for all inclusive as we had a surprisingly good expierience last year in majorca with a different company for only £800 for a week. This year I paid £2,500 with a leading tour company and expected not 5 star but edible food in plentiful supply. What a joke on Sunday evening food ran out 45 minutes before dinner closed and at all meal times food was sparce and often dry and inedible it was also never hot. Breakfast time you queue to get egg and one rasher of bacon each all egg yolks broken so how fresh are the eggs, for up to 40 minutes. No fresh juice available and very little fresh fruit all the fruit is cut into small portions i.e pears in quarters, except some very hard peaches.The pool side snack bar also ran out of things regularly and you queued here for at least 55 minutes every day and if you got to the front of the queue as it hit 5 p.m they refused to serve you food. You could book a meal out at 3 different restaurants only 4 places available each night at each restaurant we went 3 times. We were served pork that was raw inthe middle one night and they attempted to serve us parma ham that was black and mouldy at the edges and stank the second night. When we refused it we were told this is how parma ham is interestingly once they were told we had eaten this many times before in many different countries the story changed and the staff were all apologies. On the third occassion eating out we ate what looked o.k and 3 of us were sick the following day. Our apartment was not clean when we arrived and although we saw the maid three times in a week and she made a huge fuss of the children the foors remained filthy. I think we had almost as much sand on our floors as the beach. I took a photo of my daughters feet immediately after the maid left and they were black. The evening entertainment was only for germans or italians with simulated striptease one night. Our rep said we didnt have to watch! Queues for drinks in the evening were again long with only 1 or maximum of 2 people serving and clearing tables. Staff were mainly eastern european and unhelpful and surly, in fairness they were being worked liked dogs so were exhausted. The spanish staff with the exception of 2 were rude and disdainful especially the manageress who was all smiles for the german/ dutch but could barely speak to us. Even when I spoke to her in spanish, interestingly our tour rep didnt speak any spanish. The pools were shady which was good for the children and they enjoyed them despite being very cold. The beach was lovely and safe again for the children, the weather was great although if we could have been made to queue or be charged for this I am sure we would have been. The food was diabolical and dangerous the staff were useless and rude the apartment poor and dirty. This holiday was not the one I expected and I feel misled and let down by my tour company. They do not want the british at this resort. Also be warned only a handful of shops and restaurants locally an erratic bus service to other towns which stop early evening [ 6 p.m ]. Also the walk to other bays is along cliffs and not possible with buggies or wheelchairs. I spent over 500 euros this week on meals out so be warned if you go take plenty of spare cash and book a hire car before you go we couldnt get one when we asked as they were all booked up! Generally I have recieved better service in so called third world countries! Be Warned dont go."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of August 2010

please read this before you book here

Reviewed Mon 9th of August 2010

"ive just got back from sol parc it was a hoilday i didnt enjoy we went all-inclusive the partment were self catering and was up graded they were horrible the maids only came in twice of the seven days we were there the food was terrible there was no night entertaiment unless you spoke dutch the pool was nice for the children but nothing else, not many english familys, the beach bar was a joke kept running out of things also would not let you have snacks when the reastraut was open over all a bad holiday,also meet two english and they felt the same"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of August 2010

Beautiful Location - dated accommodation

Reviewed Tue 10th of August 2010

"We have just returned from Sol Parc Apartments - we were there for 2 weeks. As previous reviews have stated, the accommodation is dated but it was clean with the cleaners calling every morning . . . clean towels, not a problem. We went self-catering and were disappointed that there was no kettle but improvised using the microwave. There was an excellent selection of saucepans though but accompanying utensils, ie, spatula/fish slice when using the frying pan was not available - also no deep dishes for cereal. But not the end of the world.

The bathroom although dated had a brilliant shower - absolutely no complaints there!

The beach is lovely and takes about 10 mins to get to - the walk there is fine (all down hill) but coming back is a bit of a struggle especially when it's really hot! The sunbeds on the beach are expensive - so would recommend purchasing a brolly and lilo from the on-site supermarket instead. Canoes can be hired, 6 euros for an hour - really good value and pedalos for 12 euros an hour.

We went with our son and daughter (both teenagers)and would have to say that the resort was a bit quiet for them (no bad thing though)but it would appear that for younger children it is ideally suited.

On the downside - 2 things:

1. you have to pay a deposit for the TV remote control!! 10 Euros - We have never, ever been asked to do this before in any of the resorts we have stayed in.

2. No air conditioning - only ONE fan, fixed to the wall in the main bedroom. It was about 83F most mornings and come the evening it was so uncomfortable and was the cause of much discomfort.

On the plus side - what a lovely area, so green, so tidy and yes, we would go again! Hope this is of help."

• Travel date: Sat 31st of July 2010

Best family holiday we have ever had!!!!

Reviewed Thu 15th of July 2010

"Reading all the reviews they are very mixed, but you cannot please everyone! we have been going on family holidays for about 10 years and had never been to spain the island of menorca is perfect in everyway for familys, there were 7 of us that went our 3 young children 4 adults we all agree that this was by far the best holiday we have been on we felt that the holiday was so undersold!! 5 of us stayed in a 2 bedroom apt and was very spacious very clean ok dated but that is the way they are, the bay/ beach was breath taking 1 min walk from our apt door the kids loved it the sand is a white/ pinky color the pool's were very good the whole time we were in menorca we never saw any litter and the locals take real pride in there little island we are going to return to sol parc in 2011, food was great rex's on the strip offer very good food and the owner can give you the low down on anything you need to know, fornells has some great places to eat we hired a car from i beleve was called euro hire (a few doors down from rex's) very good value for money!! holiday overall 10/10 only problem was a week was far too short!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of July 2010

Its really quite goos

Reviewed Mon 26th of October 2009

"We went with a young family at the beginning of the season. I too had booked before reading the reviews so I was a little worried but neednt have been. I found the resort very clean and the accomodation was adequate. Although the resort is biased towards the dutch there is an italian presence too. I found the dutch kids reps did not include the english kids, however there were some italian kids reps and they were fantastic. My girls loved them. The food was ok wine beer and soft drinks were included on our visit, I would book half board as eating out is expensive and although there is a couple of small supermarkets they were quite expensive. This is a quite resort and the beach was beautiful and a short walk downhill but a long walk uphill (slight incline) bit hard in the heat."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of October 2009

pleasantly surprised

Reviewed Wed 2nd of September 2009

"I booked a last minute deal with Sunset/Thomas cook holidays at The Sol Parc Menorca even after reading some less than complmentary reviews.The one bed apartment was a little dated however a good size and clean.It was extremely cool and very pleasant to sleep in at night with a very powerful wall mounted fan. The hotel was well equipped with a wonderful pool that was shaded by surrounding pine trees. The beach was close by and had a fantastic boarded walkway for easy access.The beach was a true delight and the hi-light of our family holiday.Hotel staff were very helpful and the on site doctor most efficient and professional unfortunately my 11 year old daughter needed to visit him on several occasions! We ate at the hotel on four occasions and the meals were of a high standard with something for everyone, I thought the Italain chef made a wicked Al-Forno!The surrounding restaurants/bars were a little quiet but all were friendly.The two local small supermarkets stocked everything needed.We had a super, if not quiet, break that the whole family enjoyed."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2009

Ignore Any Bad Reviews You Here About Sol Parc

Reviewed Wed 29th of July 2009

"I booked my holiday to Menorca through On The Beach and was absolutely heartbroken after booking it and reading some very horrible reviews. I have to say now please ignore any bad reviews you may read about these apartments.

There were bad reviews about...

*the apartments not being clean - the cleaner comes every 2 days, changes the sheets and towels and cleans the apartment.
*the grounds being untidy - the gardener was there EVERY day.
*the apartments being dated - unless you go to a brand new apartment block you will find the same style in every place you go.

In all I had a great holiday, lovely weather, friendly staff and only a short 5 minute walk down to the beach.

• Travel date: Mon 27th of July 2009

The worst hotel I have ever styaed in!

Reviewed Tue 21st of July 2009

"This hotel is truly disgusting, we had a rat one night in our shower and the apartment's were all full of ants. This hotel has apparantly beign voted amongst the worst in spain. All i can say is if you go your in for a disaster, i honestly can not think of any good points. Staff were useless, the resort was small and empty, rooms were dirty, nowhere to eat, beach was full of thornes, entertainment was diabolical!! i would recommend this hotel to nobody!! DO NOT GO!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of July 2009

Great For Young Family's

Reviewed Tue 19th of May 2009

"We did not read review's on this Hotel or resort until after we had booked. But once we had, we read the review's and to be honest wondered if we had made a mistake.
Anyway we went through with it and are very glad we did.

For those people who wrote review's for us to read and slated the place, I would say that you must be related to Victor Meldrew. Yes there is a lot of shaded area's around the appartments, yes there is a lot of shade around the pool area, but this means it is great for kids. I personaly did not want my Children to fry and have to spend my entire holiday covering them in lotion.

The staff were great, the appartments were very clean if a little dated but had everything you would need except an electric kettle (take a travel one with you).

There are also alot of area's in the sun, all you have to do is use those things called legs. It has a great beach and some nice walks with good views. A good tennis court, crazy golf, volley ball and a fantastic playground in the sand for the kids. Pools are well maintained and clean with fun slides and poolside shower area.

The only downside I can really think of is the prices of drinks and snacks at the hotel. But if you are self catering and you plan it right (like anywhere) you can get over those prices by using local supermarkets and taking your own with you when needed.

Use Rent-a-Car (next to Rex's) to hire a car and see more of this wonderful island. by far the best prices.

For those with a young family who just want to chill out and relax without amusement arcades, banging music all day and night, GO FOR IT!"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of May 2009

This was a last min booking, not cheap,...

Reviewed Thu 21st of August 2008

"This was a last min booking, not cheap, my Wife and I and two 4 year olds all paying £580.00 each for one week.
Appartment very small, old and dated, very depressing to be in. so we wernt very much! Children sleeping on a sofa with the bottom sliding out to provide another concrete matress.
Carry on camping with the tin kettle on a hot ring! if you want a toaster thats 11 euros to hire.
Resort 90% for Dutch tourists although they were very nice.
The kids club was great for the little ones providing you were Dutch! our children were not permited to take part in the activities. This is awful to explain to a child when a clown appears who will not aknowledge them as they were not wearing the correct T shirt.
Lots of shaddy areas to keep the sun off the children, overal facilities good for the children appart from the kids club!
Evening entertainment absolutly appauling.
Bar facilities need demolishing, in fact the entire appartment complex could really do with a major makeover.
most staff were polite.
Beach stunning.
Outside the complex......not much at all.
Would most definatly not return, we had a great fun week nevertheless but thank goodness it was only a week.
Sorry if I am causing anyone to worry.
By the way, our uk tour opperator listed this place as 3 star accomodation so we expected reasonable comfort, this translates to 2 keys in Menorca so beware."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of August 2008

While we enjoyed ourselves and it was a...

Reviewed Sun 17th of August 2008

"While we enjoyed ourselves and it was a last minute booking my biggest complaint was it was mostly inclusive to german and dutch tourist. the children entertainment was catered for these children the first day we arrived we were the only irish there, also the queues for the pool bar was mostly catered for the german ^ dutch tourist the staff at the pool really tried but we could 5 to 10minutes waiting and at the nightly entertainment when we went there we never bothered to have a drink because the queue was so long they only has one person toserve and collect glasses. the apartment were basic but very clean. overall the restaurant and pubs are really affected because of the all inclusive, If you want a holiday that you never want to move outside the complex well this might suit you but there is not much outside the complex to stroll around at night time cos there is no life there. also one night myself and my daughter were sitting on the balcony (my daughter is 10) and we were talking and at 11 oclock some german shouted at us to shut up and go to bed as it was 11 oclock. so if you like to take your children out at night time or sit on your balcony and chat beware the complex seems to close down at about 10, The good point is that it is very safe for children but they should include all children on site."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of August 2008

Hotels near Sol Parc Apart Hotel

Top traveller tips for Sol Parc Apart Hotel

• luke0102 by luke0102

"DO NOT GO!!! UNLESS YOU WANT THE WORST HOLIDAY EVER!! "

• A WALKER by A WALKER

"Great for those with young family "

• disgustedelaine by disgustedelaine

"Go for a visit to beach on a day trip from another resort dont stay here "

• goldengirlc by goldengirlc

"Location is fantastic "

• cathwilcox by cathwilcox

"great beach fantastic staff "

Sol Parc Apart Hotel is also called