Good

An attractive resort. Unfortunately most...

Reviewed Fri 4th of November 2005

"An attractive resort. Unfortunately most of it was closed. One restaurant apart from the hotels and 2 Supermarkets ( the Spar having less stock than pre democratic Bulgaria). The Direct Holidays rep appeared for the usual sales talk then was absent for the rest of the week.

The notice board was known as The Daily liar by the other guests. The apartments were basically clean but there was no light in the bathroom and the fridge did not work for the week, despite many complaints. The weather was very good however this added to the voracious mosquito population. However the transfer home was the best I have ever experienced , picked up at hotel at 1710 take off at 1920.

• Travel date: Fri 4th of November 2005

Myself, sister and friend wanted a quiet...

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2005

"Myself, sister and friend wanted a quiet, relaxing holiday.

That is exactly what we got.

The resort of Salgar is extremely clean and so were the apartments. There was more than enough room in the apartment for all of us and all though the kitchen area was tiny, it didn’t matter as we ate out everyday.

The restaurant Reina Isabel is fantastic, we never had a meal that we were disappointed with and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

We are looking to book for next year and cannot wait to go back.

Having 10 kids between us, the peace was fantastic, however this is not somewhere I would take my children as there was nothing other than the pool for them to do. I understand that for much younger children there was a daily kids club, but it does not cater for teenagers.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this resort if you just want to chill and relax.

I would also recommend the Star People excursion laid on by the company reps. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening out. The singers were very good and the girls Irish dancing were fantastic. Also included was a 3 course meal which was also enjoyable.

Looking forward to next year already!

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2005

The apartments were clean and spacious....

Good
Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2005

"The apartments were clean and spacious. Plenty of storage space for 2 adults and 2 children. Kitchen space limited but plenty of utensils.

We had an excellent view across the sea as did most apartments. Pool not over large as complex not too big. Close to shops and bars. Would definitely go again if we found someone going there in 2006.

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005