Superb Holiday in a beautiful location....

Reviewed Sat 15th of September 2007

"Superb Holiday in a beautiful location.

The complex is immaculate with all of the rooms spacious and air conditioned. One of the issues we found when reading all the reports and seeing the pictures, people get mixed up with Salgar in Tenerife and therefore some reports do not read right.

The resort is approximately 20 minutes from the airport and I would recommend just getting a taxi from outside the arrival hall, as it is a lot cheaper to book locally.

Al the apartments are in small one up one down blocks based around the pools, some have pool views, and others are either out over the nature reserve or on to the resort itself. Each view has different good and bad points but all are respectable.

A difference in this all inclusive holiday is that lunch and dinner are waiter / waitress service from a menu. At first the range appears great but by the end of week one you are starting to get sick of it.

To counter this issue it’s well worth using the facilities in the other hotels in the resort as they are all owned by the same company and you are then able to use them all.
The pool is exactly as per the pictures ,very large and fresh water, both my kids spent all day in it, only coming out for snacks from the poolside bar and drinks.

Staff are lovely and helpful, accommodation is the best I’ve had when booking independent, food is decent, snacks and drinks are good. Resort and location wonderful.

I will definitely be booking to return again."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of September 2007

We have been going to Salgar for the pas...

Reviewed Wed 25th of April 2007

"We have been going to Salgar for the past 11 years on holiday.

We normally stay in a villa but last year we decided we would have a change as we always used the Las Palmeras facilities.

There is a lot to do if you are interested in watersports, as my children are (inc. banana boats etc.) You can hire a car, to travel to main parts of the island.

If you have sons of any age they would defiantly enjoy going to the go-kart tracks (the best being near Santa Thomas).

You can use the facilities at the San Luis hotel. If you enjoy a quiet relaxing holiday this is perfect.

We stayed in the two bed roomed apartment which slept 6, with 2 people in each bedroom and 2 sofa beds in the living room.

The food at Las Palmeras is fantastic! You can walk to Alcufar, which takes about 10-20mins and there are nice pizzerias and also a fabulous little cove.

I'd go back to the Las Palmeras again anytime!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of April 2007

Me and my family went on holiday to this...

Reviewed Mon 6th of November 2006

"Me and my family went on holiday to this resort in July 2006. Our first thought of the resort that it was amazing, and it was. We enjoyed every moment that the day after we came back we went straight to our local Thomas Cook and booked for August next year along with our friends that we made on holiday.

The only disadvantage we had with the holiday was that our rep wasn’t very good at all, he didn’t do anything. We were there two weeks and we didn’t get a welcome notice until two days before we left, what good is that?

Apart from that everything was good, a good range of restaurants to eat at, quite good entertainment.

We can't wait for our holiday next year.

• Travel date: Mon 6th of November 2006

I have been to this resort for 3 years r...

Reviewed Tue 11th of July 2006

"I have been to this resort for 3 years running and we have booked to go next year as well.
Me and my family all love it as it is such a relaxing resort without the hustle and bustle of people trying to make you play water polo etc!

The food at the complex is lovely and there is beautiful cove down through the woods of S`algar.

The views from the rooms are all gorgeous and also spar shop offers all of your favourite foods that you can buy at home such as Walkers crisps and Cadburys chocolate!"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of July 2006

I enjoyed it and I always will

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"I have been to this resort four times (this being the fourth) and I have enjoyed myself everytime. I am 15 years old now and was 14 the last time I went with my parents and elder sister. I will admit that there isn't alot to do at the actual resort for people my age, apart from going to the pool and haveing a swim. Just a short walk down a road and you are in town where you can go scuba diving, shop or just relax at a restaurant if you like. I recommend the 'la pirate' restaraunt to eat at, the waiter is very friendly and the food is great (especially the scampi)."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of April 2006

loved it

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Went to las palmeras in the last week of the season w/c friday 21/10/05 on

a First Choice allocation on arrival basis. We could not fault the apartments which are a very good standard and cleaned often and had all the facilities we needed.pool is very very clean and everything is so well maintained, when you consider we went after a full seasons use and yet everything was spotless. I agree with previou writer about the unsmiling waiters in the bar and restaraunt who were really miserable except for the head waiter and the very young lad. We really enjoyed the food their .Our only moan was that you could not buy fresh milk or most food products because it was being run down for the end of season, plus the village is very quiet and the other restaruant was shut. all in all a very good place but make sure you hire a car"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of October 2005

Disaster

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"I can't really give a review of the hotel as such as despite booking 8 months in advance, when I arrived they had no record of my booking and no space! However they did not bother to inform me of this for over an hour. The chap on reception just rang his supervisor who rang his boss. In total I was waiting in reception for over 5 hours until eventually we managed to secure alternative accomodation in a different resort. The hotel itself looked good from receotion but I would obviously never return."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of October 2005

Las Palmeras recommended

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"The apartment and hotel surroundings were really clean, that was the first thing that pleased us. The resort is purpose built and although that means that you will not experience much in the way of authentic Spanish culture the whole resort was immaculate. The Las Palmeras restaurant was good but not brillaint. Therefore, we also tried the other couple of restaurants in S'algar. The 'Reina Isabel' was very good. If you want a fantastic restaurant then get the bus to Mahon (1.15 euro each), and then get a taxi home. Taxi's are fixed price and you can get from Mahon to S'alger for 15 euro. Lots of quality restaurants at Mahon quayside. All in all, heartily recommended."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of August 2005

Wildlife and Croissants

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"las palmeras turned out to be the most pleasant and laid back holiday we have had. the whole area was spotless and the pool was cleaned several times a day. one very small complaint is that a couple of the spanish lads working in the bar/pizzareia were a bit arsey and pretended they didn't understand english,so they got no tips..
we took our 13 year old daughter with us and she was a little bit bored.
as there were not many kids her age there.
one thing to note if you are interested in wildlife is to hop over the wall outside on the left and you will see loads of different lizards and geckos.
be careful though because there are no barriers at edge of cliffs,and it's a long drop!!!!
also if you like birds there are warblers,hawks and even hoopoes nesting behind the appartments.
for some nice food,either a ten minute walk or the free happy train which stops outside the palmeras, will take you to s'algar where there is a choice of restuarants/bars. we ate there every night and could not fault it.
one more thing, the shop at the palmeras sells the best fresh bread and croissants you have ever tasted but get there early!!!!!!
so if you want a quiet clean relaxing holiday we would recommend las palmeras. P.S the bus for Mahon stops at entrance of palmeras"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of April 2005

I enjoyed this holiday, it was the secon...

Reviewed Sat 31st of July 2004

"I enjoyed this holiday, it was the second time I have visited s’algar and it is a truly beautiful place, the place could do with a few more bars/ restaurants because we found ourselves driving out most evenings for dinner, the san Luis Hotel was great to eat at and very reasonable prices."

• Travel date: Sat 31st of July 2004