Main picture

Amazing holiday

Reviewed 2nd September 2014

"I have just got back today from a one week self catering holiday at the Carema Club that was booked with Jet2.com and it was fantastic the entertainment team were really friendly and always included everyone that wanted to join an activity even if it was half way through. They could also speak different languages and answered any questions you had that they had an answer to. The staff at reception were very helpful as when we got there we asked if it was possible to be put in a higher room as they get better views of the sea which is only about 2 minuets away from the rooms on foot and they were able to give us a higher room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a relaxing holiday but be able to take part in activities too. The hotel does have a lot of slopes and stairs but that's just how the build in Menorca they don't destroy the landscape just to build they work with it. There is a supermarket next to the hotel so you can get everything you need. There is also a lovely restaurant on top of a hill which can be seen from the hotel. If you go here and have kids make sure you take them to the moon party it is really good fun and the entertainment staff look after the smaller children really well. The rooms were cleaned everyday and new bedding was provided every other day and was always clean. I loved it here and I hope that everyone else enjoys there time here too. I miss all of the staff so much but mostly the entertainment staff and the few cats that walked about especially the little kitten that we named midnight."

• Travel date: 31st August 2014

Ripped off

Reviewed 10th October 2013

"We booked via Easy Jet Holidays to stay at Carma Club Playa, Fornells, Menorca, Spain. We arrived on 14.09.2013 at 09.30pm and were given a key to apartment G101. See photos attached. We had to drag our luggage up the hill to our apartment. Taking into account I emailed the hotel a week before arrival to inform them that my husband has had cancer and can not cope with too many stairs, to which they replied saying they would do their best to assist us. (Found out the next day that other guests had their luggage delivered to their apartment by a staff member with a silver van. When I asked why we were not afforded the same treatment, the staff at reception just shrugged their shoulders). Well the apartment was dirty, the floors were sticky, thick dust on the window sills, the beds were like rocks and very lumpy – with dirty stained linen. We complained to the receptionist and were told some-one would see to us in the morning. The staff at reception confirmed our suspicion that the hotel was in fact 3 star and not 4 star as advertised on the web. We asked if we could be moved to one of the other hotels in the group, as our apartment was awful. The receptionist said the other hotel is “exclusive Italian”, so I said so this means they are being racist towards all other nations… The food was horrendous: tuna salad for breakfast… and very little else to eat. I pointed out to the staff that the sliced tomatoes had rotten bits and she just raised her eyebrows, said sorry, but made no attempt to remove the tomatoes. It seemed as though the freezers were being raided and emptied in preparation for the early closure of the hotel. Hence all the stale and odd food on offer. Some guests were being moved to the “sister Hotel” on the Sunday, and were only told about the move halfway through their stay. So this just shows the level of professionalism… On three occasions I asked to speak to the manager, we were told he is not available. Yet we could clearly see him in his office. Once the manager was having a conversation with a bar staff member, my husband approached him and said I would like a word. He just gave him a blank look and walked past us. The Jacuzzi and Sauna were out of order, we were told they waiting for a part from Mainland Spain. Then another staff member said it had been closed for cleaning – due to the closing of the hotel. So which is the truth? I do feel sorry for the staff, as the staff members at reception said their hands were tied… They were always very friendly. But the pressure they were under was very clear and they also mentioned that 13 staff members had been dismissed the week before we arrived, thus leaving them very short staffed. Won’t booking a holiday with this hotel group ever again. We feel so ripped off… "

• Travel date: 10th October 2013

Good value for money

Reviewed 14th July 2010

"The hotel Carema Club is right next to the beach in Playa de Fornells. It is an hotel which has many stairs and some of the apartments are a bit of a walk from the reception. However it is a fairly relaxing hotel although there is a lot of entertainment especially for the many Italian guests. The buffet is typically Spanish food and a “lot of paella”! The rooms were cleaned every other day. Beach towells could be rented. There were some problems with ants which had to be treated by the maintenace people-but Menorca is an island well-known for its large ant population! "

• Travel date: 6th July 2010

Carema Club

Reviewed 5th July 2010

"I have just returned form my holiday in Menorca at the Carema Club in Playa de Fornells and would like to clarify things for future visitors. Having met another British family who were unhappy with the facilities it is necessary to point out that this is not a typical hotel with everything inn the same place-reception, restaurant swimming pool, rooms-but more of a complex. The rooms are actually apartments which have everything you need to enjoy and eat as you wish just like a self-catering set-up. You still have the opportunity to use all the facilities of the main hotel buildings-the swimming pool is newly renovated, there are two bars, a restaurant offering buffet style catering, many other facilities-tennis, gym, entertainment (albeit predominantly for the large number of Italian visitors) and nearby beaches. The food from the buffet is varied and tasty and there is the option at the hotel to take half board, all inclusive or simply just self cater. We had a lovely holiday all in all-but it is not typical for everyone as was the case with the other family we met, who perhaps wanted a more conventional style of hotel and accommodation. "

• Travel date: 3rd July 2010

Nice hotel-relaxing but lively

Reviewed 2nd July 2010

"I was at the Carema Club Hotel during the first week of June with my children.The hotel was full of Italians, but nevertheless my children enjoyed the entertainment. There is a supermarket within 100 meters of the hotel where most of the things we needed were available. We had a good week- the beach was very close by where you could rent sunbeds at a reasonable price. We rented a car and enjoyed seeing other beaches and places on the island. The hotel was good value for money and met our expectations. The only problem was that on the first day there was no English breakfast."

• Travel date: 2nd July 2010

What a horrible place to go for your holidays

Reviewed 9th June 2010

"We have just returned from a holiday at Carema Club Playa - if this is a 4* hotel please can someone tell me what a 1* would be like? All inclusive - no snack bar, horrid food, dark depressing accomodation - I could go on and on........if anyone is thinking of booking this hotel - think again! It states a beautiful beach - this is full of seaweed, to the point a digger is there everyday removing tons of it. This holiday cost us £800 each for a week and it is the worst money I have ever spend. The reception area and bar areas are horrendous, the bar area like sitting in a pub taproom, and the restaurant like a canteen. This place is worthy of no stars at all. We booked with Direct Holidays, we never saw a rep all week, and the whole holiday was a nightmare - the best thing was the taxi back to the airport."

• Travel date: 7th June 2010

Absolutley take my hat off to you all FANTASTICO!

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"I went to the carema club playas hotel in may 09, when we arrived we found that hardly anyone spoke english. This is because this hotel had only mainly catered for italians and germans and wasnt used to catering for the english. None of us could speak any other language but can i say a massive thankyou to ALL THE STAFF! They were the most helpful, genourous, kindest beautiful people we had ever met in our lives! (Especially SUPER FERNANDO at reception!) When we went to eat in the restaurant there was no english food so instead of not speaking out we nicely approached reception and explained, for english to come back here you have to do good english food. All they needed is for the english to explain what they wanted and bless them what we wanted they got for all the english!! We even shown them how to make bacon & eggs! The food was faboulous after we told them how. Also reception was fantastic very lovely helpful people and if you ever go PLEASE ask for super fernando and say it was on a review by english girl called LYNDSEY! The cleanliness of the place was fabolous! Bare in mind though it is mostly up hill and we had our 80 year old nana in a wheel chair! i advise if you like walking a little its the place for you! i am a young woman and usually go to party places but i tell you what it was the most relaxing, peaceful place i have ever been! The entertainment team speak little english but i am now very good friends with them al dont be afraid to talk to them i was at first but in the end they n what your talking aboutl! They were the most beautiful caring people, even though the shows they put on were in italian and the english didnt understand what was going on it was so so funny! they work so damn hard 18 hours a day everyday but they still manage to smile and say hello and goodnight and chat to you anytime of the day! It is fabolous for couples old and young we met around 30 english couples, families, friends and we are all meeting back up the same time next year. Friends for life so many different people who have amazing stories to tell and experiences! They offered me a job there this summer i filled out an application while i was there and they bit my hand off! Please whoever you are if you want a relaxing holiday GO TO THIS HOTEL! you will not regret it! A huge thankyou to Max & Wife, Super Fernando, all reception staff, maintanence man, entertainment team, cleaners, bar staff , Chefs, Waiters and everybody! x Love Lyndsey, Irene, &Agnus"

• Travel date: 6th June 2009

Amaizing relaxing holiday!!!!!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"I went on this holiday with 2 friends and my partner and stayed at the Carema club Playa for one week and had a fabulous time! although there is not a great deal to do around the hotel it was just nice to relax. the rooms are lovely and have everything you need in them. The restaurant has lots of food to choose from but tends to be the same everyday so not a great deal of variety but still all very enjoyable. The staff who work in the hotel are very friendly and also very helpful! The carema is very italian based but towards the end of the holiday the italian entertainers did include us the british as much as they could."

• Travel date: 2nd June 2009

carema: great place

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"hi, I just wanted to say that i had the best time in fornells, in carema hotel. The place is great and the hotel couldnt be better. It has a great deal of activities to do, like diving,,,its incredible....have to try it....and the employees were fantastic with us. The service in the hotel is fantastic, good food and drinks all day, if you get the all inclusive like we did. Hope I can go back there some other time."

• Travel date: 29th May 2009

great vacations

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"I spend a week in Carema Club, and it was a wonderful experience. The hotel is great, it’s a very big complex, with great views and the most incredible beach right next to the hotel.. It´s a very quiet place, perfect to spend vacations away from crowds and annoying noises. The employees were great with us, everyone very friendly. There are many things to do around the hotel, like diving, climbing, games for the kids and a lot of sun!! it was really hot during our stay. The food was great, the service too, so I have to say that our vacations were perfect. I recommend this hotel for everyone, but especially for couples with kids, you will not regret it. Thanks!!! Bye!!"

• Travel date: 27th May 2009

Fantastic until the italians arrived

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"Had a fantastic time, food good, accommodation good, service good, then on my last two days 100 italians arrived. The brits were then discriminated against in favour of them, the animation team only caters to the italians, in fact they threw toys in the pool for the children and when my grandaughters (aged 7 & 2) used them, they took them off them and told me they were only there to entertain the italians. The english children were not included in the kids club, the towels for the sunbeds had to be paid for by the brits but were free for the italians. Hated feeling like a second class citizen and had I been staying longer it would have ruined my holiday."

• Travel date: 26th May 2009

Give this a miss!

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Rated 4 star by the management - lucky to get 2! Entirely aimed at an Italian customer base and therefore noisy and marginalising for Brits...One maid servicing in seven days is NOT Four star. Pool good but always noisy with loud music. Food reasonable with good choice. Try nearby Fornells for a better class of accommodation and much wider and more cosmopolitan range of activities."

• Travel date: 13th October 2008

Hotels near Carema Club Resort

Top traveller tips for Carema Club Resort

• by Brambleberry

"Join in with the entertainment activities "

• by tella1955

"Dont book Carema Club Playa"

Carema Club Resort is also called