About Valentin Star Hotel

• italian amenities
  • sun terrace
  • table tennis
  • spanish amenities
  • free public parking nearby
  • entertainment staff
  • adults only amenities
  • catalan amenities
  • adult pool

Good
2081 reviews
Good

If you want to be well looked after, go here?!...

Reviewed 13th June 2013

"This hotel was the first one we had stayed in on the first and so far the only trip to the beautiful island of Menorca. On arrival, we were informed that we were a little early for our room to be ready but they happily locked our cases away until we needed them and we could relax by the pool in a couple of the many comfortable sun beds they had for use by the guests. There were staff members coming round the pool all day for you to flag down and order your drinks or snacks from and they were always happy to oblige! Never a whinge or moan just courtosy. The whole hotel was absolutely spotless, not a sweet wrapper or crisp bag anywhere. The pool was really lovely and was big too. If you were a bit uncertain about going in the water, the shallow end was litterally a few inches to allow you to paddle in and the deeper end was around 1.8mtrs (6 ft) and there was about enough water to shallow dive but it wasn't really recommended. The room was lovely as well. Clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed but the telly was out of the Arc!..That is definately something they need to update. Even Premier Inn has big flat screen tellys now but I suppose you don't really go abroad to watch telly now do you?.. All the rooms have balconies with a table and chairs and we also had a couple of sun beds to chill out on....Mmmmm Nice! We had gone as a package with 'Thomson' but in the future will just contact the hotel directly as 'Thomson' are ignorant of a complaint we had about an organised trip which was a disaster, but this is not anything to do with the hotel who were fantastic. 'Thomson' on the other hand are most definately not and we will now be raising a complaint to their head office! Food!.... Oh yes the food!... What a selection they had every day. I have to admit, some days it was a little strange but always lovely quality, always fresh and you can get fresher than fresh by having it cooked in front of you if you want to. The breakfast was great from all sorts of fresh fruit, cerials, the traditional bacon and eggs, toast with jams and marmalades. I had an omlette freshly made in front of me most days and the pancakes were to die for! The entertainment was also mostly brilliant. The ones who really stood out for me was a 'Ton of Fun' who was a woman a little larger than life with the most fantastic voice singing songs by Whitney Houston, Maria Carey, Tina Turner and some others but she wowed us completely. She thoroughly enjoyed entertaining us which was gratefully recieved. There was also a couple who went by 'Two Cats' A spanish guy who played guitar like it was a part of his body (fantastic) and a Brazillian lady with a silky smooth voice and was absolutely wonderful to listen to.There was a couple of guys who were really a laugh as Elvis impersonators. The first was overweight and not very good but a great sport, the second one did much better as he also did Freddy Mercury and believe it or not, Tina Turner! That was really good as he has a screen behind him displaying shows and he was singing along with them. All we would say is......Well done 'Valentin Star' You were well worth the visit! "

• Travel date: 7th June 2013

FANTABULISTIC

Reviewed 16th January 2012

"I went to the hotel in 2010 with my sister Jo and her family (She has written a review before, about the glass bottom boat..etc.) As children me and my sister always went abroad, but once we had an unfortunate flight with a lot of turbulence..etc. So my sister had a fear of flying, so our holidays were always in the Isle Of White. At the beginning of 2010 my sister took a flying course and got over her fear. So we took our families abroad for the first time in 2010. This was both of our children's first time abroad and they were very excited. We were very happy with the hotels service. We are a big hotel of myself, my wife, my three daughters, (nearly 15, nearly 17 and just turned 11 at the time) my sister, her husband, her daughter and 1 year old baby, and her son (19 at the time) and her daughter (we actually arrived at the hotel on her 15th birthday!) We requested to be all very near each other, and it turned out we were all in the same corridor! Me, my wife, and my 11 year old in one room; 2 rooms down was my sister, her husband and her 19 year old; opposite them was their two daughters and her baby, and 2 doors from them was my other 2 daughters! (Although, their was a sofa bed in my 2 daughters' room, so my sisters joined them after one night with the baby!) Also in the dining room we were given tables next to each other! The food was 5* with a enormous buffet with a wide selection. The pool was massive with a good poolside snack bar but even though their were signs that you could not reserve sun beds, by the time we got down to breakfast their was minimum sunbeds left! The entertainment was your usual hotel stuff but my one year old niece adored the Mini Disco! You could sit at tables in front of the stage for entertainment, or go upstairs on this balcony thing and sit on VERY comfy chairs or sofa's that were heaven! You could have garden or pool view rooms me and my sister had garden rooms which were pleasant, but the kids got pool views and they were better! It was very good but the night life was not too great and the teens got bored quick, as the strip had no clubs, and the beach was not very close. But we loved the holiday, and maybe when the kids are gone and we just have my daughter and my sisters oldest and her baby we could go again. Its more of a little kids/couples hotel. Lastly, the location was beautiful, around a peaceful marina definitely picturesque, not that the teens thought so as no clubs on Marina! "

• Travel date: 15th January 2012

wounderful hotel

Reviewed 1st June 2011

"my husband and i stayed at this beautiful hotel for a week in may 2011 and we could not fault this hotel in any way from the cleaners reception resturant and bar staff nothing was to much for them always a smile we cannot wait to book up again also a tip for a really good bar called chaplins great staff good cheap beer and food and a smile with a lovely lady who runs the bar maria "

• Travel date: 28th May 2011

Lovely!

Reviewed 12th August 2010

"Me and all my family including my sister and her family went here and was lovely! Food was lovely Staff lovely especially Dave (outside bar) and on our evaluation we put as favorite staff. We did have one issue though there was a rule that no sun beds could be reserved, but when we would come done for breakfast nearly all the sunbeds would be taken. Beside that we were close to a beach and a lovely Marina with Supermarkets and other shops and resturants. There was also a Glass Bottom Boat Hire which was OK but Many people got Sea-Sick. You could also Hire out Special Bikes with either two seats or four seats. Unfortunately When my Daughters and Neices and Nephew wanted to go on the two bike was available but the four was broken but fortunately you can hire them from the supermarket. We had a lovely holiday and are coming back next year! Hope this helps! Oh and the Food was Amazing a lovely Buffet which had Everything! And this is great for kids, its The kids beging to come back next year!"

• Travel date: 11th August 2010

lock your daughters up

Reviewed 11th August 2010

"we have just arrived back home after a great holiday at Valentine star. Great food, very clean everywhere all staff very friendly. 1 too friendly. we have 2 daughters both very attractive i must say 1 = 15 other 22 years old. i must say when we go on holiday it is to enjoy ourselves as a family. we dont really want bar staff coming on to any of us, especially trying to get your daughters (and yes both of them) to leave their parents and go and live full time with a waiter in Menorca! on several attempts he approached both my daughters and asked them to tell me and my wife that he had a girl friend from Germany and he was happy. He even told me that story to my face also. However behind the scenes he was trying to get them to live in Spain with him. on the last night at about 1 am we were all clearing up outside and i'd finished off and went in for the night. my oldest daughter was last to leave and go inside. this waiter called David approached her again and asked her to go for a walk with him alone. i must say not very professional. this man spoilt the reputation of this holtel for us all. the staff are so friendly and helpful. i guess one rotten apple can spoil the barrel. putting this experiance to one side and the final exception which i'll you all about later, it was really a great relaxing, hassel free holiday in a very small town/village. i you want to relax it is here. food is excellent throughout the holiday with only 1 exception. so here goes. on the day of departure we asked for a packed breakfast as we were all leaving early. the holtel reception staff organised everything. when we got to the air port we opened to packed breakfast only to find one sandwich as coated in mold. we showed this to Emma our holiday rep who i must say is a very charming young lady. anyway she took the matter serious and said she would show the breakfast to her manager. my criticism was that she didnt come back to us or even offer any resolution to the matter. because one breakfast was out of date by days - due to the amount of mold on the sandwich - we couldnt eat the other packed breakfast. as such we had to buy our own food during the journey home. if i have to criticise the holiday i would say if you are buying food/drink then it is very expensive. especially the simple and cheap food such as chips wich cost 3 to 4 euros. all in all great holiday waiter must go because he does let their side down massively. throughout the holiday all i could think about was the film Shirley Valentine. "

• Travel date: 7th August 2010

WOW!

Reviewed 29th March 2010

"I loved the food and I loved it! My bed was comfy and the pool was good! I am very pale but came home with a beautiful tan!"

• Travel date: 27th March 2010

valentin star is a fab place to holiday!

Reviewed 19th August 2009

"just returned today (just a few hours ago) from our fabulous holiday ay the Velentin Star in Cala'n Bosch (Menorca)! What a great place, from the welcome to the departure! The weather and resort were beautiful.The hotel is pure class- relaxation with the feeling of being pampered. The food - very tasty, especially when the catering team were providing for a host of cultures! The catering team were professional, friendly and could not do enough for us! The housekeeping service was first class! Again, could not do enough for us! One thing to think about is to take a travel kettle if you like to have a cup of tea/coffee in your room as this is the only thing not provided, however, the tea and coffee served at the pool bar is nice too. Entertainment good, but the resort itself provides a nice variety- especially the Shamrock Irish Bar, across the road from the entrance to the Valentin Star- A salute to Roberto (best waiter in Menorca!) and Joey "Sexy Eyes" (best performer in Menorca!). Daytime entertainment was good too- Hands up to Juliane and Noria-Hannah! They got us to do Pilates, Water Aerobics, Water Bingo, Water Polo, etc.Well Done Girls! Overall, we (myself, hubby and 2 daughters- aged 19 and 15) give this holiday 10/10!!! Will recommend this holiday to those with children, couples, teenagers. Will certainly return!"

• Travel date: 19th August 2009

The Best

Reviewed 30th July 2009

"Me and my fiancee have just returned from a holiday at the Valentin Star. We went last year and I raved about it but the place has got even better. The food is incredible so many different types of food to choose from (I came back about 2 stone heavier than before I went). The hotel is so clean the maids work so hard and the staff are so pleasent and kind nboth in the bar and eating area (especially Donisio, the bar manager he's a very nice man). This is the second time we have been and Im going back to the travel agents next week to book to go again this year and also next year. The PERFECT holiday."

• Travel date: 29th July 2009

Reviewed 29th July 2009

"We came back from the valentin star two weeks ago, there were seven of us for my Dad's birthday including two under nine. How anyone can have any complaints at all about this hotel i do not know, i have to say that everything about the hotel was brilliant. The food was great, there was so much choice. The staff bent over backwards to help and to make you feel welcome. All areas of the hotel were immaculate, and quite luxurious. The marina area was very pretty and there were plenty of bars and cafe's. We did a boat trip around the coast which was a great way to spend the afternoon and the coast is extremely pretty. We hired a car for two days and travelled the island, Binibeca was a lovely little place and Citudella was very interesting and a classy . I would reccomend hiring a car before you travel at busy periods because the car hire firms are very busy, we were lucky that our rep sorted ours out, otherwise i think we could have wasted a lot of time trying each day for a car. All in all it was one of the best holidays i've had in a while, Menorca is beautiful."

• Travel date: 28th July 2009

It was Fantastic!!

Reviewed 20th July 2009

"After reading some comments about the hotel, i was a bit concerned on what the quality of the food was like. Do not be put off by these comments!!, i am a Catering Manager and i could not fault anything about the food, in fact there is probally to much choice!!. The hotel is clean, the staff are very helpful, and the location is brilliant. All in all it is a very good quality hotel, i certainly would go back and reccomend to others. "

• Travel date: 19th July 2009

Fantastic

Reviewed 14th July 2009

"My husband and I have just returned from Menorca and had a brilliant time. This hotel is beautiful, I was so impressed with the cleanliness and how friendly and helpful all the staff were. The pool is really beautiful with one side quite deep and the other really shallow which was perfect for children or just sunbathing in the pool. I personally didn't experience any problems with getting a sunbed and there were always some free during the day. I believe they previously had problems with people reserving beds but they do not allow that anymore. Our room was very spacious and again extremely clean, excellent air conditioning and the bed was sooo comfy I wanted to bring it home with me. The room was cleaned every day which was really nice to come back to. In terms of the food I was really impressed, having stayed at 4 star hotels before this was great. Lots of choice and I disagree with the comments about the hot food, everything I had was always cooked fully and warm. For breakfast you can have anything from croissants, toast to omlettes cooked fresh to bacon, eggs, sausage and even fruit and yoghurt.....chips if you really fancy them too:-) The same was said for the evening food again lots of choice and very tasty, agree lots of fish but thats common when your abroad. I would really recommend this hotel and we will be going back for another visit!"

• Travel date: 13th July 2009

food

Reviewed 24th June 2009

"had two weeks at valentin star.the hotel was very nice,room nice,pool nice,now the but meals were a let down for a four star hotel,if you like fish most nights you will be ok,and if you like meat on the bone you will allso be ok,me do not like both so meals a big let down.all so a pint of beer by the pool 4.20euro,and not much room in the dining room."

• Travel date: 21st June 2009
  • ...

Hotels near Valentin Star Hotel

Top traveller tips for Valentin Star Hotel

• by fatherbiker

"Be nice to the staff. They deserve it!"

• by Paul:)

"Bring your own kettle if you enjoy a cup of tea in your room!"

• by the tamworth two

"a better lift service especially for a person like me who are disabled "

• by Paul:)

"It is Great! I highly recommend it!"

• by baxter007

"take lots of money and good sun tan lotion"

• by barney1987

"Very Clean, not to noisy but a very nice atmosphere"

• by fish12

"Glass Bottom Boat and Hire a car the island has unspoilt beaches."

• by JoL

"Favourite restaurant was Cafe de Baleaur in Cala Bosch"

• by gwyneth

"Tapas bar by marina and the cafe on the beach."

• by gwyneth

"Plenty of cafes around the marina and a nice beach"

Valentin Star Hotel is also called