Sol Falco by Melia -All Inclusive

Avda. Son Xoriguer s/n Cala´n Bosch, 07769 Cala'n Bosch, Menorca Spain

Good
Good

great holiday, great value for money

Reviewed Mon 13th of June 2011

"Hi, the wife and I booked a weeks all inclusive at the Sol Falco and I must say it was better than we expected, staff and food 10/10 rooms 8/10 but it is a 3 star and nothing worth complaining about. Reps were fun and not to pushy trying to grab you up to join in every event. Although we went in May it seemed very quiet, but it didnt bother us as we like to sunbathe most of the day and chillax. The beach was only 5 mins walk and the Marina 10 mins walk away from the hotel. The week we were there there were alot of pensioners and young families with toddlers, no screaming teenagers which was a plus. Met loads of new friends as everyone was so friendly, might go back next year, would highly recommend. Gaz and Lynn (Leeds)"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of June 2011

family holiday

Reviewed Wed 25th of May 2011

"We went to the Sol Falco from the 2nd May to 13th May 2011, and had such an enjoyable experience that we are looking into going back. The reception area was clean and bright when we arrived even though it was raining, the receptionist advised that they were trying to get us a ground floor room due to a member of our party using a walking stick. We were given two family rooms with interconnecting doors which made it easier to keep an eye on each other. All the staff were friendly and even though the hotel had only just opened for the season the day before (and we were only the second party to arrive) everyone including the activity staff welcomed us. There was a range of food and the only disappointing bit was that the breakfast was dripping in oil/fat every morning, so some of us only had cereal and toast. But the selection of soup/salad and main courses (veal, pork, turkey, and fish) and the variety of puddings was extenisve enough to please everyone.
The activities available were pistol/rifle/archery and darts/table tennis, and we were able to persuade the activity staff to partake in water polo. The 3 main pools are salt water, which weren't too strong and aided your suntan.
The nearest supermarket is a gentle 5 minute walk and has a good variety of product, and the harbour was 10 minutes, which had a good variety of pubs/restaurants if you did wish to eat out. Out the back of the hotel it was a 5 minute walk down to the beach, and more restaurants."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of May 2011

Lovely hotel and great time and staff were great

Reviewed Tue 25th of May 2010

"This is the second time i have been to Cala N Bosch but the first time i have been to this hotel. Its a lovely looking hotel. We had a room on the top floor and it was lovely and very spacious too.

It is a big hotel but as we went early May (and they had only opened the week before) so there were not many people there which did not bother us at all. The food was very good always a very big choice.

All staff were very friendly and helpful and always spoke to us in English. Always made sure we were ok and had what we needed.But we never got to see our rep thought. "

• Travel date: Tue 18th of May 2010

Fantastic place to go

Reviewed Wed 24th of March 2010

"I have been to this hotel for the past 4 years. All the staff are great. Its a fantastic place to take children. The staff always go the extra mile . And we always feel safe when children are with members of the staff, They are very responsible. I could not praise this hotel enough. "

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of March 2010

We have just returned from another fabul...

Reviewed Sat 6th of September 2008

"We have just returned from another fabulous holiday at the Binimar in Cala n Forcat, the only disappointing aspect being delayed for 20 hours on our return home. After much arguing with the reps, we were given accomodation here at the Sol Farco......now at 4am in the morning this place looked really nice, with a little stream running down the side which was all lit up.......but dont be fooled by the reception area! Yes the staff are friendly but the rooms are appauling, and the little stream turned out to be a rather dirty and smelly green pond that you can only see through the day if you make your way through the swarms of midges. The room was damp, dated, and has a slight ant infestation to say the least. This turned out to be the same in every room. Also if you have children be careful who is in the next apartment.....what looks like a wardrobe is actually a ajoining door to the next room which does not lock! The breakfast this morning made both my husband and our 3 year old daughter poorly, but then again they didnt appear to be any other children, Infact for one of the highest seasons of the year i find it hard to believe how a hotel which is supposed to be a 3 star can accomodate 300 delayed passengers for one night? The only plus point of this hotel is not only the air conditioning, but the view of the rather posh and very expensive hotel accross the road!"

• Travel date: Sat 6th of September 2008

Booked this last minute and I have to sa...

Reviewed Sat 23rd of August 2008

"Booked this last minute and I have to say I could not fault it. Staff are pleasant and helpful. Accomodation good there was a smell from time to time from dralns but what the hell you get that now and then didnt spoil the holiday >good pools 8 in all ,salt water with clorine could open my eyes without stinging. Food excellent,and varied beach 5 minutes walk nicely laid out hotel you dont feel on top of each other. Mainly spanish holiday makers ,that tells you something,Nice safe place for you and your kids.will go back no problem...and looking forward to it."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of August 2008

We went for a week to Sol Falco 4-11 Jul...

Reviewed Sat 26th of July 2008

"We went for a week to Sol Falco 4-11 July and it was excellent. My daughter is 3 in August and dozens of mates had recommended cala'n Bosch as the best place to take kids...and it exceeded all expectations!

We had stayed in a Sol Melia, Lanzarote when my daughter was nearly 1y and she loved it then. The Fintstones theme is evident throughout the hotel and loved by ALL the kids.

Being able to chose between lunch or dinner as our half-board option was v helpful, no notice was required - you just get your card stamped once a day. Really useful as sometimes we had days out and other days just stayed by the pool. In addtion to breakfast of course!

Food was great - so much choice and lots of new tastes for kids (and husbands) to try.

Pools and staff were awesome.

Beaches and resort were wonderful.

Only bad thing was the car hire (via Avis / Thomas Cook) - it was dreadful! We booked days in advance and only got our car at 12pm - to travel to Mahon market which finished at 2pm! (an hour away). Thomas Cook were the cheapest option to travel with but the rep was not good - disinterested and kept saying 'I'll get back to you' - but never did.

All in all it was brilliant and I would recommend it to anyone with young kids who is after an easy, quality family holiday. (Hotel Sol Falco is not cheap on drinks etc - the Marina is cheaper).

10/10 - wish we'd had 2 weeks!"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

Was very unsure about booking our holida...

Reviewed Tue 22nd of July 2008

"Was very unsure about booking our holiday with the flintstones ???
but what a shock it wasntin your face ,The staff was friendly the room was cleaned every day the food was excellent even i had no complaint being the worlds fussiest eater .Didnt get involved in the entertainment but i can say the team put in a lot of hard work ,Great idea putting smaller pools around the complex so us 49 year olds could relax with a book and not get soaked. We would recommend this hotel to couples and families, This was our 15th time in menorca and we have found the prices has gone up in line with the uk."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of July 2008

THIS HOTEL IS FANTASTIC! We have just re...

Reviewed Tue 24th of June 2008

"THIS HOTEL IS FANTASTIC! We have just returned from a two week holiday with our 4 yr old and 1 yr old, and we didn't want to leave. The food is much better quality than we expected and such a variety - we had a different meal every night. There are 8 pools to choose from, ranging from full length, to leisure, to baby pools, and also 3 pools in quieter areas if you don't want noisy children around you. The daytime activities are good - spinning (bikes), keep fit, archery, water polo, and there's even a well stocked gym downstairs if you want to work off the large breakfasts. Buses go from right outside the hotel to Ciudadella every 20 mins (well worth a night out there). The rooms are basic but very clean and maids come in every day to mop the floors and make the beds. The staff are super-friendly, and went out of their way to play with the children and laugh and joke - each Tuesday, they all paraded around the pool and were introduced by the management to wish you a happy holiday and promise to do whatever they can to help - made it feel like a very personalised, family hotel even though it's part of a chain. The resort is small and beautiful and felt very safe even at night. We're already thinking of going back next year. Don't hesitate - book it now!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2008

My family and I (husband and 11 year old...

Reviewed Sat 31st of May 2008

"My family and I (husband and 11 year old) have just returned from a weeks stay at the Sol Falco Hotel/Holiday Park. We have never been to Menorca before and I picked this hotel with the reviews already on here in mind!

I can say without doubt that it was definitely 10/10 for nearly everything I want to give this a real review of all I can think of so as others can benefit so bear with me!

The food is fab, massive choice, I'm sure we have all put on weight, although there is no childrens menu there is so much choice that there really is something for everyone. My 11 year old daughter is VERY fussy and I was really worried to start with as I thought we may have problems. But she ate loads and as we stayed Full Board she had the chance to try lots of different things for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner that she may not have tried before. It is quite Mediterranean in its menu, so lots of Paella, Salads and Fruit, but there are other options like Chicken, Chips, Rice, Pasta, etc. The food hall is huge, so no real problems queuing or finding a place to sit. Waiting staff are fab (more later about the other staff) one note though to the food: If you are Full Board/Half Board all drinks apart from Breakfast drinks (where you can have unlimited coffee, juice and milk) have to be paid for, and are very expensive. A small bottle of still water 2 Euros, a tiny bottle of coke 2E 10; a small bottle of San Miguel Lager 2E 10 etc...

Rooms: Reasonably sized, 2 good sized beds for grown ups and a small camp bed for our daughter, the bigger beds are VERY hard, and lumpy!! This and the fact that the walls are paper thin are the only reasons I have not given a 10/10 overall. When I mean thin I mean thin, to the point we could hear our neighbours going to the loo!! We had very miserable neighbours one side who complained about EVERYTHING, and we heard all their whinging and shouting, which is a shame. I can't see what they had to whinge about myself! Bathrooms are large with a bath and shower, ideal when you have kids. We had a room with a terrace, which means a balcony with seating looking over a pool. Lovely!

Hotel: 7 pools, plenty of sun beds, it was half term and reasonably busy but there was loads of room to sit together and the pools are big enough to take the strain. If you have young children i.e. below 10 yrs the kids clubs looked brill, all the kids looked very well taken care of and happy. For older kids, there is less activity clubs but my own daughter wasn't bothered by this as there is plenty going on poolside to keep them amused. Wall climbing, archery, connect 4 (large scale!) table tennis etc. Night entertainment was excellent, funny and interesting for kids and adults. Again though drinks are really expensive. Lots of places to sit and there is a waiter service so no queuing at the bar.

Staff: Excellent, honestly the Menorcan (don't think that is how you spell it actually but..) people are lovely, so nice and kind, couldn't do enough for you. If you try a little Spanish like thank you, Hello, please etc they really appreciate it too. You can leave your bags in there lockable room, when you check out, All staff speak good English, and if they don't know something they find out! Thomas Cook were great over there too. Well done to Fiona the new rep who again was very helpful and kind.

Things to do etc: If you can afford it try to go the Horse Show on Thursday evenings, pick up at 4.30pm and drop off at 11pm, so a late one, but well worth it. You get to go into Cala Galdana for a while too which is lovely. We also went on the Hidden Delights trip which was ace, you go to a typical Menorcan farm, try the local produce and then onto the Caves which is a cafe during the day and a night club at night! The scenery is spectacular. It takes you around the coastline too. If we go again, which is likely I would hire a car for a couple of days as there is loads to see and its easy to get about and not get lost! Menorca is a lovely, quiet island and very family orientated too. Its small, only 35 miles long so we were told and very pretty, mainly unspolit. We went into Cuitadella on the coach one day (bus trip was 3E each, single fare) which is very Spanish indeed, and was the capital of Menorca before Mahon. Cala'n Bosch is a really quiet resort, with a nice marina and very close to a lovely beach. Its clean and the people are lovely. Some nice cafe's and restuarants on the marina to visit.

Overall: I'm pretty sure we will be back to this resort, if you are looking for a lively holiday then I would recommend either trying somewhere else (!) or hire a car to get about, it was perfect for us as a family and we loved it! The hotel made the holiday, as they couldn't do enough and it was so nice, clean and fun! From the food to the staff to the pools, it was all brilliant. If there was anything I would change it would be the walls being a little thicker and the beds being a little more comfy!"

• Travel date: Sat 31st of May 2008

My Girlfriend and I enjoyed a delightful...

Reviewed Wed 23rd of January 2008

"My Girlfriend and I enjoyed a delightful stay at Sol Falco in Minorca. However upon arrival we noticed it was a 3* as appose to Thomsons rating of 4 TTTT's? Just call them stars...
Anyway, all the staff spoke good English and were pleasant to talk to.

The only food we enjoyed in the restaurant were the chips. But that’s not to say the food wasn’t nice, but we liked to eat out in the nearby marina every night. THERE WAS ENOUGH VARIETY in the hotel. However the bread was as solid as frozen rocks. The rooms were nice and spacious, and the air con was lovely to have. And is a pleasure to have a balcony.

The best bit about the location is the BEACH!

It looks like one of those photoshopped turquoise pictures out of a brochure. It was sometimes a little busy due to kids running around Willy nilly but we just found ourselves a nice quiet spot in a small cove in the rocks. You can do snorkelling and see some nice Nemo looking fish. If you want to relax by the pool beware of overexcited hotel staff waking you up demanding you to play French boules, which if you politely decline you then suffer a bombardment of name calling such as " your boring". Not a problem as it was all in good jest.

The gardens are well kept and clean. The day we got there, there was hole in the pathway. We witnessed a small child trip and fall, the next day it was repaired. The path was not actually in the hotel grounds but on the path towards the beach.

Nearby is a big lively marina, with countless bars and restaurants. A lot have been taken over by the British, so if you want to stuff yourself with a full English whilst watching Peter Kay, then it’s for you. BUT, there are loads of classy upmarket places to eat, and everything is lit up with different music playing everywhere.

We would go back if we had it paid for us or won a competition. By the way it’s not worth doing half board. As there are cheap shops and restaurants nearby the beach, we had a spaghetti carbonara for £3.50. Was great. The waiters love you if you smile back and have a good looking Girl with you."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of January 2008

In one word: FANTASTIC. This must be th...

Reviewed Mon 10th of September 2007

"In one word: FANTASTIC. This must be the only holiday we have ever been on where we just could not complain about a single thing. The Sol Falco is a perfect hotel for both couples and families with (young) children.

We have a 12yr daughter who was holidaying with her grandparents and booked our holiday through Thomson's Holiday Auction site just a week before - we did not find out where we were staying until we arrived at the resort and couldn't have been happier.

The hotel is large, with beautifully kept landscaped areas, the pools are immaculate (we saw them being checked three times a day by a very conscientious pool man), the activities are fun with a special mention for the fantastic animations teams -we joined in archery, rifle shooting, water polo, volleyball, pool games, water aerobics and even did a scuba diving course, the school is based at the hotel and we saw all the little ones at the kids club having lots of fun. (Although it is worth mentioning that they were all under 7yrs old. I'm not sure what it would have been like had we had our daughter with us).

The breakfast and dinner buffets were fabulous. We've stayed half board before and got served cold mush but the choice was great - a VAST salad bar, fish, chicken, meat, pasta, chips, potatoes, sauces, daily specials, fruit, desserts, cheese, biscuits, cold meats...What else could you want? The breakfast buffet was equally as good and kept us going until dinner.

The resort itself is quiet. The beaches are lovely and clean and the sea crystal clear but we weren't overly impressed with the nightlife at the harbour (somewhere to boogie would have been nice). We went during the first week of September so a lot of the places were shut or empty so maybe it is unfair of me to judge but otherwise the normal mix of bars and restaurants were there - all average prices and a good selection if you weren't staying half board.

I would recommend Sol Falco to anyone.

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

Hotels near Sol Falco by Melia -All Inclusive

Stayed at Sol Falco by Melia -All Inclusive? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sol Falco by Melia -All Inclusive

• sunny sister by sunny sister

"I loved Cala N Bosch and would definately come back again "

• Johnson69 by Johnson69

"The bus service to Ciutadella took 20 minutes and was very cheap, bus stop right out side reception. "

• 89gaz89 by 89gaz89

"visit the beach and marina, only 5 mins walk away "

Sol Falco by Melia -All Inclusive is also called