Sol Falco by Melia -All Inclusive

Avda. Son Xoriguer s/n Cala´n Bosch, 07769 Cala'n Bosch, Menorca Spain

Good

Thankyou sol falco

"We have just returned from a two week stay at the sol falco,we are a family of four with two children aged one and three,it was the first time abroad for the children and we couldn't have picked a better hotel,the staff are all friendly,helpful,theres plenty going on if you want it,wateraerobics,games etc the animation team are excellent and work really hard and put on fantastic shows every evening.
The food was spectacular for a buffet,all hot,fresh and so much choice my kids who are picky eaters ate really well every day,one word of warning breakfast is like rush hour on the m25 so try and go early,same for meals we went when the restaurant opened then got a good table on the terrace outside.
The rooms are in little need of modernisation,but adequate just a bit dated and those awful long sausage roll pillows I would take a flat packed pillow next time.
Thers plenty of pools,busy ones,secluded ones,gorgeous.
Maid service is excellent we had towels changed everyday and sheets every other.
There are quite a few steps so not ideal for wheelchairs but not impossible.
Great supermarkets around too all sell nappies and swim nappies.We bought towels at 7E each and left them there as towels take up so much room in your luggage.
Drinks are expensive in hotel so we bought wine from local supermarket and had it in our fridge in room.
The childrens clubs are mainly catered for the spanish,we didn't and wouldn't have used them but if you do want an english club you won't find it here,although mine enjoyed singing the spanish songs at the mini disco.
Allin all a great place would def recommend..."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of July 2007

Lovely holiday

"We stayed at the Sol Falco for 10 nights in late september and overall were very impressed with the hotel. The rooms were nice (even with the extra bed in) and cleaned daily with the addition of air conditioning. There was plently of choice with the pools so you could have it as quiet or lively as you like and never any problems getting sunbeds. Staff were helpful and efficient as demonstrated after our first night when a terrible thunderstorm hit and flooded the hotel yet they had it all cleaned by the following morning.
The flintsones theme wasn't, we felt , in your face as some have suggested and as the complex is so large it can easily be avoided.
Food was plentiful and hot although very meat based (not too much choice for veggies). A huge salad bar was offered and most people could find something to suit them even if it gets abit repetitive.
Overall we really enjoyed this hotel and felt some of the negative reviews were unfair. It is child friendly and advertises the flintstones theme readily which makes me wonder why some booked the hotel in the first place. We would definately return here."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of May 2007

cant ask for more

"I am at present at the Hotel Falco but I cant wait t untill I get home to write this review. The staff have gone out of their way to be one of the best group of people I have ever holidayed with. The rooms are nice and clean and the food is absolutely great. The variety and amounts are good and the children are well catered for. A nice touch is the diabetic table with the jams etc in the morning. The hotel also caters well for the disabled although the paths outside the hotel are not so good. A good bus service into town stops outside the front and back of the hotel. Pushcairs and wheelchairs are no problem as the buses have the side storage .Loads of swimming pools and plenty of beds. No charge for the room safe either which is nice. I am disabled myself but have not had any problems and i was allocated a sunny room which is unusual as I am always tucked around the back. I shall definately be back here next year. The flintstones theme is fine as the grown ups admire it also."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of May 2007

Can't wait to go back

"Arrived late at night at the hotel to a very warm welcome from the reception staff who gave us (myself and my husband) all the relevant information we needed for our stay. They had even saved us a meal which was a cold meat salad plated up and covered in cling film and tea/coffee. The room was fantastic, it was very clean and had a safe and a mini fridge and a tv and very big wardrobes. Every room has a lovely balcony and ours had the lovliest view of one of the pools. We were on the 1st floor in Hacienda block near a small pool which was beautiful and lined with palm trees and lots of sun beds. The meals were lovely, lots of choice every day with hot meals and salad bar and different breads and cakes etc. Hot tea or coffe and orange or pineapple juice in the mornings. The evening entertainment was generally good, we had spanish dancers and chinese acrobats and a four tops tribute band, all of a fairly good standard. The funniest night was when we had a quiz and the resident staff acted out the questions, it was hilarious. It was out of season when we went so it was quiet with very few children so it was very peaceful and relaxing, The marina is just a 10 minute walk from the hotel and is beautiful, lots of shops and bars etc and friendly locals. Take a trip on the road train, it is well worth it. The only thing I could complain about is the bus we caught to travel into Ciutadela, it stops right outside the hotel and is only 1 euro, 60 but it was packed so we had to stand, along with several others and the driver just kept on picking up more and more people along the way until it was getting hard to breathe and very uncomfortable and I'm sure, dangerously overloaded so I would recommend not to catch it too early in the morning, wait until about 11 o'clock and it should be better. All in all the hotel, the area, the holiday was fabulous and I would recomend it to anyone and we can't wait to return next year."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of October 2006

Enjoyed my stay at the Sol Falco

Good

"Just returned from a half board stay at the Sol Falco.
The room was as shown in the sample photos and was very clean and of a good standard.

The complex is low level (3 floors) and spread out with several small pools, one large leisure pool and a more formal square swimming pool. Again, all areas were clean and well kept. I would opt for a first or second floor room as there is quite a bit of landscaping and planting that could block the light from the ground floor. This seemed to be the case around the main pool area.

The food was better than some half board hotels I have stayed in. There was a Asian (Chinese), Italian and Mexican night that made for a bit of variation. The choice of food was quite large, although I think a two week stay would become repetitive. The nearby marina is lined with bars and resturants and is very pleasant in the evening if a change is needed.

There is a Flintstones theme to the complex. I was here with my partner and the kids club was almost wound down. I suppose when at the peak of the season this would be great for families with young children but possibly testing for couples wanting relaxation. It was quiet when we were here but I can imagine it is not always so.

All the staff were very friendly and willing to assist in any matter. Top marks for them. I needed assistance after being stung whilst swimming in the sea. The first aid point in the hotel sorted me out and I had confidence in what they did.

I wanted a good hotel with a pleasant environment and a good beach for a relaxing time.

I got this, well done Sol Falco!"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of October 2006

Glorified Butlins Camp.

"Arrived in the Sol Falco and was immediatley impressed by the reception and lobby area which is spacious clean and relaxing. However, the hotel carries a strong Flinstones theme. This encompasses the restaurant where you eat from Flinstones dinner plates and the bedrooms where Flinstones stickers adorn the windows. This makes it more suitable for familes with kids, but even though we are a young couple, I think it would have been a bit of a laugh had the cleanliness of the room not been of such a poor standard. The bathroom was dirty, lots of grime collected in corners and we had to clean the bedroom and bathroom floor oursleves which left a towel black. The first night we were kept awake by a crying baby upstairs which sounded like it was in the same room, we asked to move room but there were none avaliable, so we moved to the San Valentin Hotel in Son Bou which was a lovely hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of September 2006

Excellent Hotel

"I felt I had to write a review of this hotel. We booked this holiday as a late deal, We travel extensivly & felt for what we paid we got excellent value. I was horrified after reading one of the reviews & wondered what on earth we were going to find in fact my husband kept teasing me by saying YABADABADOOOOO. Very annoying. Anyway we arrived & were pleasantly surprised that the theme was not as bad as we'd thought, yes this hotel does cater for children but from our experience you can easily escape this. The smaller pools near our room were quiet & peacefull no animation team came near us. And as for the food it was on a par with most 3 * hotels we had been to & in some cases surpassed them Plenty of choice when we were staying not a fish finger or chicken nugget in site. The room was pleasantly furnished & of a good standard. As for the staff, they say "they work together as a team" and they certainly do as the first night a massive thunder storm flooded the downstairs reception areas & they all pulled together by the next morning it was as if nothing had happened. All in all a fab hotel would definately recommend . And would choose Sol hotels again"

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of September 2006

worst holiday ever poor food poor acommodation

"poor accommodation, poor food, cafe arrangement poor.

the club sol falco represents very poor value for money. the staff in the cafe, do not clear tables untill you plead with them.if your requirements are for a comfortable room, do not chose this hotel. if you require a nice dining restaurant with good food and some waiter service do not chose this establishment.

my husband and I went to celebrate our wedding anniversary as the resort had been given a 4t rating we did think this would be a good choice. Alas it was very run-down and definitely lacking in service, it really had seen better days. The food was poor with endless fried food, hardly ever anything fresh. the bedroom was tiny, bathroom mouldy and smelly.

We would not recommend this place to anyone"

• Travel date: Fri 15th of September 2006

Great place to stay

"Just wanted to say that we were very aprehensive about staying at the Falco after reading some of the reviews, BUT, we loved the place.
We stayed for a week half board from the 6th September until the 13th and loved every minute (except having to come home).
First few points:
1. The Flinstones theme is blown way out of proportion as reviewed by some others here. Fred and Wilma didn't bother us once and we were round the main 3 level pool all day. In fact we only seen Fred once any Dino came round on another day..... so why people complain is beyond me.

2. The rooms were really a lot better than what we had expected, ours was G211 (upstairs which we asked for in the Granjo block). Free air conditioning, ceiling fan, LARGE electronic safe (free also), 2 large beds, loads of storage space including 2 sliding mirror wardrobes, TV, Mini Fridge, Bath with overhead shower that was actually a joy to use. There was also a small table and two comfy mini armchairs in the room. What more could you ask for. Also the room was cleaned everyday with fresh and soft towels when you needed them.

3. The restaurant was big and bright with a good selection of food. Breakfast was anything you wanted beans, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast fried bread, croissonts & cakes, fresh fruit and as much as you wanted. We were on half board but you could choose to have lunch or dinner in the evening. There was always a good choice of salad, loads of meat & fish dishes and most nights had a theme to them, ie: Asian, Spanish, Mexican etc; I loved the lamb and pork dishes and ate thos most nights with a bit of the other stuff just to try, my wife also loved the salad stuff along with the meat dishes. On the whole it was well worth the money.

4. Evening entertainment wasn't up to much, well at least not to our style although we did watch the River Dance tribute. Drinks at the hotel are expensive, so beware. 4.90 Euros for a pint og San Miguel is a bit OTT even for Minorca.

5 Out and about in the grounds was impeccable, everything was spick and span and the staff were always busy. Theres a Supermarket over the road for your drinks to stock the fridge up.

6. Calan Bosch is so laid back its unreal, so quite and peacefull around the whole area, everything seems to be brand new and like your typical Spanish resort which seems to be never finished.

Well thats about it for this review. Would we go back ???? definately. It was the best week we have ever had in Spain.
PS. If you are wondering we are aged 50 & 44 respetively.

Paul & Linda, Washington, Tyne & Wear"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of September 2006

Not for everyone

"We are a family of 5. Three children 14, 12 and 4. Despite the childrens club details in the brochure there were no clubs suitable for our children. The older ones were too old and the staff though pleasant were not really in a position to take on a reserved English speaking 4 year old as the club was designed for 4-12's (yes) and was full of Spanish children.
Getting a table for 5 was a nightmare. Tables are not allocated in the huge dining room and you are left to find yourself a table. Areas of the restaurant were closed during our first week although we couldn't find a table. Our rep told us that our problems with the staff could nt be resolved and they could not find alternative accommodation for us.The second week was a bit of an improvement as it seemed that senior management had arrived and more areas were open. The Flynnstones area of the restaurant had plastic tablecloths and cloth covered seats and TV. This was not where we wanted to eat on our Spanish holiday. I cant remember much about the food.
We ended up hiring a car and eating out most nights. Although we were on half board we had lunch most days instead of dinner as the restaurant was not so crowded then.
Water was only served in small bottles at €2 a shot so we told the children to drink lots of water before the meal.
The single washing machine (for 450 rooms) was broken during our stay but as we had the car we went to a launderette in Cuitadella.
I would say that the housekeeping was very professional and we had no problems with our rooms."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of September 2006

great holiday, great value for money

"Hi, the wife and I booked a weeks all inclusive at the Sol Falco and I must say it was better than we expected, staff and food 10/10 rooms 8/10 but it is a 3 star and nothing worth complaining about. Reps were fun and not to pushy trying to grab you up to join in every event. Although we went in May it seemed very quiet, but it didnt bother us as we like to sunbathe most of the day and chillax. The beach was only 5 mins walk and the Marina 10 mins walk away from the hotel. The week we were there there were alot of pensioners and young families with toddlers, no screaming teenagers which was a plus. Met loads of new friends as everyone was so friendly, might go back next year, would highly recommend. Gaz and Lynn (Leeds)"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of June 2011

family holiday

"We went to the Sol Falco from the 2nd May to 13th May 2011, and had such an enjoyable experience that we are looking into going back. The reception area was clean and bright when we arrived even though it was raining, the receptionist advised that they were trying to get us a ground floor room due to a member of our party using a walking stick. We were given two family rooms with interconnecting doors which made it easier to keep an eye on each other. All the staff were friendly and even though the hotel had only just opened for the season the day before (and we were only the second party to arrive) everyone including the activity staff welcomed us. There was a range of food and the only disappointing bit was that the breakfast was dripping in oil/fat every morning, so some of us only had cereal and toast. But the selection of soup/salad and main courses (veal, pork, turkey, and fish) and the variety of puddings was extenisve enough to please everyone.
The activities available were pistol/rifle/archery and darts/table tennis, and we were able to persuade the activity staff to partake in water polo. The 3 main pools are salt water, which weren't too strong and aided your suntan.
The nearest supermarket is a gentle 5 minute walk and has a good variety of product, and the harbour was 10 minutes, which had a good variety of pubs/restaurants if you did wish to eat out. Out the back of the hotel it was a 5 minute walk down to the beach, and more restaurants."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of May 2011

Hotels near Sol Falco by Melia -All Inclusive

Stayed at Sol Falco by Melia -All Inclusive? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sol Falco by Melia -All Inclusive

• sunny sister by sunny sister

"I loved Cala N Bosch and would definately come back again "

• Johnson69 by Johnson69

"The bus service to Ciutadella took 20 minutes and was very cheap, bus stop right out side reception. "

• 89gaz89 by 89gaz89

"visit the beach and marina, only 5 mins walk away "

Sol Falco by Melia -All Inclusive is also called