La Quinta Menorca Hotel & Spa

Gran Via Son Xoriguer s/n, 07769 Cala'n Bosch, Menorca Spain

Good

Great location very poor food

"I stay in a 4 or 5 star hotel each year for my summer holidays with my wife and daughter.I choose this star of hotel because I believe I can expect excellent accommodation, food and service.

The venue is lovely but could do with being closer to the beach,although the walk to the beach was not worth it.

The Marina is fantastic and only a few minutes away and allows you to spend longs evenings walking around the never closing shops and bars

The very very bad point was the food.

I adore my holiday and I adore good food.I am afraid the food failed totally.Poor Poor Poor !!! On two occasions the chicken was uncooked and if eaten could have caused serious problems.

For a 5 star excellence grading I am afraid I felt very let down indeed."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of January 2007

Fantastic quality

Good

"Had a fantastic stay at La Quinta.
Stayed in room 311 and had the sun on the balcony from late morning until late evening.
All rooms over look the pool and pool bar area.
Reception staff very friendly and helpful but the staff in the restaurant in the day were quite rude to the english guests.
Visited the spa twice and my girlfriend and I both had treatments which were very resonably priced.

Very handy supermarket just outside the hotel which was very cheap. Good idea to buy drinks from the supermarket and use the mini bar to keep them cold - do not use the mini bar as very expensive.

Food in the hotel was fantastic - very good choice and the breakfast was really nice - lots of choice of pastries.
Food in the restaurant in the day was also very nice but not much choice and was quite expensive.

Hotel ran a bus to cituedella which was very handy and a must to go and see. Beautiful old building and great shops."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of October 2006

nice hotel shame about location

"We stayed at La Quinta for one week in a junior suite, this was excellant and we had the best room as far as the sun was concerned. We were celebrating my husbands,s 50th birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary so we wanted somewhere extra special. The receptionist on arrival was very pleasant and very helpful and gave us an accurate description as to where and what regarding the hotel. We found the hotel very peaceful and thought this was what were looking for but unfortunately the peacefulness continued throughout our stay so much we actually found it quite boring as there was no atmosphere in the bar,around the pool or even outside in the resort itself . We were disappointed some evenings with the food, the flavours were there but the food was nearly always tepid,perhaps this was because we don,t like eating until 8.30pm -9.00pm! most guests were down for dinner at 7.00pm sharp , dinner was served until 10.00pm. I have stayed and eaten in many 5 star hotels and thoroughly enjoyed myself but I am afraid I can,t say this about La Quinta.The only consolation was the staff were very nice and the wine prices were affordable in a 5 star hotel which it wasn't."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of October 2006

Lovely Hotel

"Just returned from 2 weeks at La Quinta, and would return again.
Surroundings could have been better, but it was a peaceful haven from any noise outside. Very handy supermarket and bus stop 100 yards away. Hotel also ran a minibus into Ciutadella 3 times daily. Only a 5 minute walk from the marina area and numerous local restaurants. Resort itself wasn't hilly and so would suit anyone with mobility restrictions.
The bedrooms were spacious, each with a balcony/patio overlooking the pool area,-would have benefitted from tea/coffeee making facilities though. Staff were very friendly and helpful. My only real gripe was with the food, good choice but it needed to be hotter ,(including the soup,and sometimes coffee at breakfast) and not many potatoes or veggies were served, still this didn't spoil an enjoyable stay."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006

Fantastic Hotel

Good

"Just returned (today) from a weeks holiday in Menorca, our first visit to Menorca and we enjoyed it very much , La Quinta is a great hotel and is very clean and well looked after. The staff in the restaurant and bar were very friendly and although the location of the hotel itself was not great, I would definately return. The local beach (son xoriguer) is very busy and be warned charge 25 euros for 2 sunbeds and umbrella (rip off) up the coast a bit (cala galdana, son bou), there are nicer beaches where sunbeds are half this cost.
The food in the restaurant was very good, and the supermarket next door was very handy for snacks and drinks ( a bit of a shame no tea/coffee making facilities in the room).
Overall you will have a fantastic time at La Quinta if our stay is anything to go by."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of September 2006

Excellent Hotel

"We have just returned from 10 days at this hotel. This is our second visit the first time was just the two of us and this time we travelled with our 7 month old baby. Many of the same staff were there which is a good sign in itself. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the food lovely. The rooms are a good size and again very clean. We had a ground floor room which was great with the buggy. We also had a room to the left of the reception which gets the morning sun (to the right gets the afternoon sun).
The staff were fantastic with our daughter. They happily filled her bottles with water and returned them on a silver tray. They had an excellent cot and good high chairs. Neither of the hotel pools have a baby pool so we bought a little dinghy out there 6 euros!! The outdoor pool area is quiet and as we were early in the season the pool wasn't as warm as we would have liked but we were still able to swim in it.
Perhaps when children are older you would visit the lovely nearby beach with them (5 min walk). There were several other children at the hotel ranging up to about 10 years and all were enjoying it. If as a family you want luxury and a place that is friendly and helpful to children then this is highly recommended. If you want somehwere with a 'kids club' etc then this is not the place.
There was a supermarket nextdoor which sold all baby things Pampers, Huggies swim nappies, Hipp food etc so don't take too much out.
We have travelled all around the world and really love it here. Will be returning next year."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of June 2006

A Top Class Hotel

"We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and it was perfect, the food was excellent each night with a different top class menue each evening for 14 nights, The breakfast had everything you could ask for including a glass of Cava, there was more than enough and the food kept coming until 10.30.
The rooms were spotless and well maintained, the pool is a great size and kept very clean and tidy,there are 88 rooms each facing the pool, the rooms to the right of the recepception catch the afternoon sun so they do tend to get hot early evening,
The staff were extermly helpful and went out their way to help with any questions, they have english paper on the reception which is free to read in the reception,
This is not a childrens hotel, it as no facilitites for them, but caters for couples extremly well.
we will deffinatly go back.
The only thing i suggested to the staff was that they supply tea/ coffe/ kettle etc in the room as they are not available"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of June 2006

A fantastic honeymoon

"We stayed at La Quinta for our honeymoon and would return tomorrow. From arriving to departing, the staff were helpful and friendly, especially in the bar and restaurant.
All the rooms look inward onto the pool. Rooms on the left as you have your back to the lobby get the morning sun and to the right the afternoon. Our room was spotless with comfortable bed, excellent bathroom and plenty of space.
The communal areas are clean and well landscaped. The local gin and tonics in the bar are to be recommended and the restaurant food is excellent - good mixture and nothing repeated in the week. Buffet breakfast large enough to beat anyone and service at dinner.

The resort itself is ok - bit tacky and very British. The hotel runs a bus to Ciutadella regularly if you don't want to take the local bus."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of September 2005

Can't go wrong at La Quinta

"Lovely hotel, good rooms, excellent service and food. Fantastic for completely relaxing, using the pool and spa facilities. To go to beaches, venture further away as the nearby ones are very crowded and touristy. Avoid going with children (as we did) as it is not a "family" hotel and the squeals of delight our children produced echoed around the lovely "courtyard" which is the hotel. However, we checked out other "family" hotels but they weren´t a patch on this one so we decided to go for it anyway and spend most of the day at secluded out of the way coves with turquoise water."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of June 2005

Excellent Hotel

"Two week break at the beginning of the season, May 2nd - 16th. Service was excellent and the food (on half board) was superb. Restaurant staff were first rate. The pool area was clean and the pool nicely chilled.

i would recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of June 2005

Definitely not 5 star

"My husband and I have stayed in quite a few 5 star hotels and La Quinta is definitely the most disappointing.
I dont really have any complaints about the room, it was very clean and comfortable and the bathrobes and slippers are a nice touch.
The most disappointing part of our stay was the food, very limited choice and not the standard one would expect from a 5 star hotel, having said that the gala dinner on saturday night was very nice.
The staff were not as friendly as we expected, and we often felt rushed at dinner especially for the saturday gala dinner,bearing in mind it was 6 courses we were only in the restaurant 45 mins."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of June 2011

First Class hotel, this will not disappo...

"First Class hotel, this will not disappoint, in fact it will exceed your expectations.

Food at all levels was superb, multi choice menu, quality, good clean, efficient service, from staff that were very polite and took great care in every aspect of our stay.

Hotel has good location near beach and local shops, that are keen to hire out bikes/cars /boats

All facilities at hotel were available, as per brochure.

Good indoor pool/steam room.

Local transport is super, modern, clean, and very cheap, and buses run every 15 mins to the town Ciutadella.

Bus fare £1 each way.

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

Hotels near La Quinta Menorca Hotel & Spa

Stayed at La Quinta Menorca Hotel & Spa? Share your insight.

La Quinta Menorca Hotel & Spa is also called