Grupotel Tamariscos

urbanizacion Ca La'n Bosch s/n, 07769 Ciutadella, Menorca Spain

Good

Fantastic Location, Great Staff.

"This was our second visit to The Tamariscos, more brits this year but maybe not next year as Thomas cook are not using it, I like this cos its not full of brits there are swedes and dutch. we have looked at all the other accommodation and the location is the best, we went s/c in a 1 bedroom apartment, the sofa bed was ample for our teenager, we e mailed the hotel to ask for the same room which was a corner room (the balcony is alot bigger) over looking the pool and sea, we did get the same room, the rooms have aircon thank you Carmen the receptionist who is very good. tamariscos has two lovely pools on different sides of the hotel the bigger pool overlooking the beach( lovely and sandy with clear blue sea great for snorkelling) and the smaller mostly for younger children in a garden area with a few swings and a slide near the lounge area. this year we noticed that the dining room has closed and guest were asked to go to another hotel for meals this was only 2 mins next door so nobody minded that much.(prob only going to be s/c from next year? The rooms are ok the kitchen area has been upgraded but no microwave, (take a kettle) the bathrooms are good the shower is lovely, the wardrobes need upgrading. there are a few supermarkets take your pick we used a couple but for our breakfast we went to the little shop just before the marina bridge for freshly made hot croissants and bread for lunch.so did everybody it is lovely. The marina is full of restaurants some better than others there are a few english ones that serve the usual english abroad stuff egg n chips why would you want that when you have such lovely fresh fish and food to choose from?? The Italian is great and one called the marina but the best is Mr Jaume's the food is very good, the dorada fish, the suckling pig, the stuffed peppers, Lobster prawns, its not the cheapeast but you get fresh tasty food. you on holiday!!!There is a bus stop right outside a bus comes every 10 minutes we went to Citaduella for a morning it has long cobbled streets and some great shops and good architecture. This resort is not very big and is based round the marina if you are looking for a wild disco resort this is not it . if you like good food, clear blue sea and dont want to go too far then this is for you however you can hire a car and visit some fantastic sandy coves and other resorts we are going back in 2010."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of September 2009

Absolutley stunning views.

"Miller Family, Dunbar, we stayed at the Tamariscos apartments with our 2 children 4&7, the apartments were extremely spacious, spotlessly clean and safe. Our balcony overlooked the beach and panoramic views out to the Med. Apartments have 2 pools which are spacious and child friendly, there are life guards on duty all day every day and take no nonesense from any rowdy kids. The restaurants at the Marina are all geared up for families and a visit to Leli's Restaurant just over the bridge to the marina is worth a few visits, excellent paella and Sangria. The Fiesta restaurant has a kids play area inside the restaurant, allowing mum & dad a few quiet Sangria's !!!"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of August 2009

Great view!

"Nice hotel located on a rock with a great view over the ‘cala’ and Mediterranean Sea. Popular by parents with little children (0 – 4 years). The interior is natural without luxury. Room A002 is close to ‘cala n bosch’, the most popular beach. The hotel counts two swimming pools."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of June 2009

Beautiful location

Good

"Just come back from a week at this hotel/apartments. Extremely clean hotel, staff were friendly and the rooms were big enough for 4 and cleaned at least 5 days out of 7. The location is stunning, looking over the beach and sea, whith 2 swimming pools to choose from, these were no way crowded, plenty of sunbeds,and excellent location for the restaurants and marina. The only downside to these apartments is the kitchen, only two rings to cook on and a fridge. No kettle, toaster or even a microwave, and the utensils were very basic, although this did not bother us as we eat out every night. You can hire the kettle, toaster and microwave from reception! Also there were mostly Germans at this hotel so if you have small children who would like to go to the childrens club, there might be a language barrier. Must recommend the restaurant El Quijote. Excellent choice of food and very reasonable, we eat there about 4 times, they were also very friendly. I would recommend hiring a car for a day or so, as the other beaches on the island are beautiful and it is so easy to drive over there."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of June 2009

Great Hotel in Great Setting

Good

"Great setting, Hotel good with really helpful staff, the rooms are a good size and all have sea views. We asked for a higher floor room for security, this also gave us great views and a quieter room (although it is not a noisy hotel). The ground floor rooms have a large patio area and open out to the gardens BUT people see right into your room and watch you eat on your terrace as they walk past and it is less secure (just a personal preferrence). Take a small toaster and travel kettle as they are not provided. The supermarkets are much cheeper in the town, we found a Lidl in cuitdella (Montecielo Rioja for 1.25 Euro! and its really good). The Marina is lovely in the evening, the best value/food restaurant is the "El Pato", the staff are superb and the Blue Sea kebab (swordfish & Tuna) was excellant. It gets busy because it is the best by far, its worth queing for! Our favorite place on the island was Fornells it is just beautiful,we even looked in the estate agents windows just to dream. We won't go back but only because the world is so big and time is so short, But I am very happy to recommend this hotel. Enjoy"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of October 2008

Never ever again

"The hotel Grupotel Tamariscos in Cala de Bosc Menorca was booked well in advance through Hotels.com and was suppose to be our honeymoon retreat, but turned out worse than we had ever imagined.

When arriving early afternoon the room was not available, they acknowledge the booking but still could not help not having enough rooms. At 8.30pm (!) referring to some fine print general conditions they finally put us at a different hotel within the same group. This hotel didn’t even remotely match the standard of Grouptel Tamariscos.

We were not the only family without room, many others were also forced to stay at their sister hotels with less standard. We were told they regularly overbooked their nice hotel (Grupotel Tamariscos) but then checked the guests into any of their other low standard hotels to keep those hotels occupied too.

The hotel had already occupants with cockroaches in the bathroom and a used condom under the bed. We felt very uncomfortable, especially this being our honeymoon week. We had expected to stay at Grupotel Tamariscos but here we were. This was not a hotel for honeymooners and even less a hotel to bring your two children age 8 months and 3 years to.

Obviously not accepting this we were back at Grupotel Tamariscos day two to speak to the manager but she (Mrs Amaya) was very arrogant only referring to their fine print conditions. She offered us a compensation of 4 soft drinks (!).

Being an experienced traveler, both business and leisure with more than 100 hotel nights per year we do have an understanding that overbooking can occur, and this even if it happen to be someone’s honeymoon. However, when such thing happens hotel management must offer something equally good or at least offer compensation worth the name. The word compensation was not even part of Mrs Amaya’s vocabulary we concluded.

The staff was really trying to be helpful and they should have credit for their understanding, but with such an incompetent management their effort made little difference.

Was this the honeymoon hotel we had expected? No way
Recommended for anyone concerned about where they stay? No

Could we recommend Grupotel Tamariscos to any traveler, family or honeymooners? Never! Book at this hotel and you should be glad if they at least accommodate you at Menorca Island and not in Siberia if they have a sister hostel there.

If you are like us, and read’s reviews trying to get the right hotel or the right destination, I recommend you to avoid booking any hotel within this group of hotels because you never know where to end up."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of September 2008

Good hotel but no English!

"I have just returned from a family holiday to the Tamariscos hotel in Menorca. This was my second time to Cala'n bosch and I conducted a lot of research on the net before booking the Tamariscos with alpharooms. Everything I had read about was true i.e the location is superb....right on the beach and the marina with the bars and restaurants is just a 5 min walk away. I also knew that the hotel had recently been refurbished and that the standard of cleanliness etc was good. I also knew of some of the strange procedures they have ie you have to hire a kettle and toasters which considering you are in a self catering appartment seems excessive!!
The staff were very friendly and helpful and the maids worked really hard coming in most days to clean and change towels etc. All in all I couldnt fault it. I guess the only "new" comment I have for trip advisor was the lack of English at the hotel. I have two boys aged 6 and 2 and was hoping they could attend the kids club. However the children's reps were both German and all the kids were German / Dutch and so was impossible for our kids to go. It is also awkward for them to make friends round the pools etc due to the language issue. In smmary then would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel unless you really want to use the kids club."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of July 2008

Fantastic hotel

"I stayed at the Tamariscos with my 3 children (aged 13, 11 and nearly 8) during half-term week at the end of May 2008, on a half-board basis. We had a fantastic stay here and can thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

The hotel was fairly busy while we were there, mostly German families with pre-school children (there were very few British guests), but despite the sheer number of small kids there the hotel was generally very quiet and uncrowded.

Location: superb, right next to the open sea looking towards Majorca on one side and a lovely little beach on the other, and only a 5-minute stroll to Cala'n Bosch marina (where all the shops/bars/restaurants are). The beach is fine sand, very clean and wasn't crowded, and slopes gently into the (turquoise!) sea, perfect for kids.

Room: a spotless 1-bed apartment, which I was slightly concerned would be a bit cramped for all 4 of us and our mountain of stuff, but was actually very spacious. The bedroom had 2 beds but was big enough to accommodate all 3 kids (we moved one of the 2 sofa beds from the lounge) and there was plenty of storage space and a big bathroom. Only criticism was that the TV only had 1 English language channel (CNN), which wasn't really a problem until it rained one day and then I wished I'd taken a portable DVD player….

Pools: There are 2, both very clean and well-maintained and set in lovely grassy areas next to the sea - and there was no problem getting a sunbed & umbrella even though the hotel was fairly busy. Also no daft restrictions such as no inflatables or balls in the pool, or no taking food there. Only down side is that the pool we used (because it was closest to our apartment) wasn't heated (don't think the other one was either), so this early in the season it was fairly bracing!

Restaurant / food: Lovely restaurant area, never had to queue. Food was of a good standard, plentiful and very tasty with loads of hot & cold choices at both breakfast and dinner. If you only want typical British fare you might find it a bit limited but my kids all loved it even though it was a little more "foreign" than they're used to. There were always some familiar dishes if you've got fussy eaters (chips, lasagne, pizza, pasta & rice dishes and so on.) .

Staff: all very helpful, friendly and English-speaking. Not a miserable face in sight.

Entertainment: there was something advertised every night but we only turned up for one - a quartet of Flamenco dancers, who were excellent. There were a couple of entertainment staff who were organising stuff for the smaller kids but we didn't really take much notice of what was on offer.

Resort: Cala'n Bosch was much more upmarket that I was expecting. No British pubs, fish and chip shops or bingo. Lots of reasonably-priced restaurants & bars overlooking the marina, and a really good variety of shops & supermarkets. There's a bus stop right outside the hotel where you can get a bus to the nearest big town, Ciutadella (about half an hour away), or a couple of miles further on to the Aquapark at Cala'n Blanes. (We spent a day there and I was a bit disappointed - it's quite small and rather expensive - but the kids enjoyed it. There's a water park called Aquarock in Cala'n Bosch itself but we didn't try that one as I was told it was even smaller).

Considering that I paid about the same for this hotel (through Alpharooms) that I paid a couple of years ago to self-cater for one week in a tatty mobile home on an English campsite in August (not counting air fares unfortunately!), all I can say is - book this place quick!"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of June 2008

Excellent location on Med

"I have just returned from a quality family holiday to Cala n'Bosch in Menorca. I booked the hotel (via Travelrepublic.com) as soon as the flights went on sale (via Jet2.com).

We paid £350.00 for 5 flights & £340 for a 1 bedroom apartment for 10 days...........Excellent value for money !!!!!!!!!

At the time of booking, I had requested a cot, a basement level & sea view. I'm really pleased to say that we got all of these and more, such as our own private garden area. The accomodation and facilities were fantasic, these include a sea facing view from all rooms, 2 lovely clean swimming pools, refurbished apartments with large modern bathrooms, new / extremely clean kitchen and utensils and independant a/c in the living area and the bedroom (I booked the hotel and didn't expect a/c).

The location is very good and I can't imagine that any other hotel is better placed, as the hotel is located on the beach (approx 200 mtrs from our room), its very close to the supermarkets and its less than 5 mins to the marina.

We have 3 children (aged 1, 4 & 9) and they all loved the holiday.

I will certainly recommend this hotel and Cala n'Bosch to my friends."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2007

Not long back from the Tamariscos. Had a...

Good

"Not long back from the Tamariscos. Had a relaxing 2 weeks there with my partner and 14 month old son. The aparthotel was really nice. Two good sized pools which were always very clean and never over run.

There was always plenty of sunbeds and you’re not allowed to reserve them with your towels!

The rooms are spacious with aircon but self-catering facilities basic. Only two rings to do anything, no oven or microwave. Rooms were cleaned regular and all have a sea view as the hotel is right on the beach.

Not much entertainment but I wasn’t fussed about that as I went to relax! I hear it was quieter because the end of season was near. Its 2 mins walk from the beach and 5 min walk to the marina where there was plenty of places to eat and a good few bars.

The only slight problem was the hotel has mainly German and Dutch clients so you couldn’t really meet or converse with anyone ... unless you speak these languages! I don’t.

Other than that it was all I'd hoped for and a lovely hotel and resort!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of October 2007

Hotels near Grupotel Tamariscos

Stayed at Grupotel Tamariscos? Share your insight.

Grupotel Tamariscos is also called