About Apartamentos Roc Lago Park

• french amenities
  • game room
  • german amenities
  • italian amenities
  • paid public parking nearby
  • bicycle rental
  • evening entertainment
  • catalan amenities

Fantastic surprise.

Reviewed Wed 30th of May 2012

"Was a little concerned after reading reviews before we went. What was i worried about!! Fabulous location overlooking the marina, one bedroom apartment was a fantastic surprise. Cleaned daily, towels changed daily. Contained all you would want from an apartment. Entertainment supplied by Daniel a big well done to him, got all involved :-) Staff pleasant and more than helpful. Excellent value for money. "

• Travel date: Wed 30th of May 2012

... Genuinely Couldn't Complain

Reviewed Wed 5th of October 2011

"I was initially horrified when I discovered that our tour operator had reallocated us to the Roc Lago hotel, when we had booked an affiliated apartment nine months in advance. It was purely by chance that we found out before flying, as we wanted to reconfirm the booking verbally. Anyway, I had read the reviews and was quite determined that I wouldn’t be staying here. So, we arrived - I had already decided that it was a complete Hellhole from what I had read and that I’d be complaining given the earliest opportunity. Then to my surprise, I realised that there was absolutely nothing to complain about. The apartment, with balcony was spotless, there were no exposed wires, no insect infestations, no sewerage problems, no damp issues, linen and towels were fresh and renewed regularly, bathroom was tiled throughout with bath and shower, which looked immaculate, no problems with hot water, air conditioning worked really well. The exterior paving was washed down everyday, the cleaners started early and worked throughout the day - the reception staff were pleasant enough, although culturally ‘laid back’ (it could take them a while to notice that you were trying to attract their attention), the pool looked clean, there were some little landscaped sections, good ramp access throughout, the location was superb - a whole host of shops and restaurants on your doorstep. The kitchen is as pictured - adequate to brew up in. We emptied our own bins daily and brushed up any crumbs, whilst keeping the doors closed, because hot countries always mean abundant insects and we had no problems whatsoever. I was completely shocked. We had paid an insanely low amount of money to stay here and we ended up feeling sort of fortunate … and I’m not particularly easily pleased. The site overlooks the marina, there’s entertainment of a kind - albeit a set range of songs hosted in pigeon English by an over-enthusiastic local for young children, which we found rather amusing - but, again for the money I was surprised there was any entertainment at all. The other hotels seemed to employ terrible airport-style tribute acts and we weren’t on holiday to sit around drinking all night, to listen to foreign cabaret, if I wanted to sit around a pool all day, or eat hotel food, I’d have gone four star - even then, I don‘t go on holiday to ‘buffet’. That’s what I consider to be common sense. You get what you pay for - we went to the bakery every morning for breakfast - the local pastries and breads are all wonderful and we ate out every evening at the local restaurants. There’s an incredibly priced Chinese restaurant called Long Cheng that offer a set three course menu for 7.95 Euros, alongside very friendly efficient service, with great food and if you want to be really extravagant the Es Tast De Na Silvia serves absolutely fantastic food, with a real cuisine feel for around 15 Euros (3 course set menu), it’s by far the most stunning restaurant in the area, which the locals seem to flock to, yet the tourists bypass - very bizarre.
The resort’s nice, we visited Cala Blanes for half a day, which was like Blackpool on acid and it truly put things into perspective. Cala’n bosch retains some traditional character, although there’s still a few neon lights and English pubs offering the exhilaration of bingo and televised X-factor - it’s still very much a British resort aimed towards an older clientele, the whole resort’s pretty much dead by about midnight, which isn’t such a bad thing, depending on your point of view. Not really a resort for teenagers and definitely not one for ravers… even children may become bored, the water parks are overpriced and don’t look particularly exciting, there’s a few dated arcades dotted around and there’s only so many hours of beach and souvenir shops anyone can take at one time. Personally, I don‘t think it‘s a particularly fantastic island for children - if you want kiddies entertainment book with Butlins. We had hired a car and to be honest I don’t think it would have been much of a holiday without one - full comprehensive insurance is a must, you only need to take a look at the state of the cars and the way they’re parked to fully understand why. Overall, we had no problems with Roc Lago - advertised as seen, no frills - a great base… I just felt sorry for the cleaners running round after the guests - really friendly individuals who are probably paid a pittance and then they’re apparently expected to wash up people’s crockery… hmmm. Maybe we were lucky… but, cleaner doesn’t equate to servant, mops and dustpans are provided in the rooms free of charge!"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of October 2011

Basic but great location

Reviewed Mon 10th of October 2011

"Basic hotel,BRILLIANT LOCATION on the harbour 10 mins stroll to beach,2 room apartment(all on ground floor) for 2 adults an 2 children aged 13 and 9. saw a few ants about a week into the holiday but the hotel reception got it sorted quickly. The bathroom is very basic an a bit scruffy I cleaned it with some bleach wipes I took but the rest of the apartment was okay you need to put a 10 euro deposit down for your TV remote(sky news and BBC News only UK channels- but hey there where riots back home!) we didn't get our deposit back!!! they said they had given it to us, same with safe deposit 10E BEWARE. 2 pools both ok plenty of sun loungers, usual daytime an evening entertainment water polo,mini club parrot show!!!! Flamico dancers etc laundrette available
No maid service for first 5 days then every day for the next 6!!! they came between 9am and 2pm but didn't seem to follow a pattern.
Didn't eat at the hotel, you don't need to there are lots of places to choose from, family meal 60 - 80 euros including drinks and desert.We liked La Fontana You are on the harbour, 2 mins walk from a Spar Shop and all the gift shops and super market, doctor,chemist,Tabaconist and car hire. 5 mins from Water park 18 euro adults 10e kids great day out wave pool slides etc, doesn't get really busy. Next to it are go carts for adults an kids great fun 15 euros for 10 mins massive track.My kids and husband LOVED it.
Ciutedella is a beautiful near by town, 20mins on bus 14 euros return for family of 4. Friday is market day, lovely place to visit at night too quite safe, very busy. It has a cathedral and lovely harbour. I got a great french manicure in a small salon near bus stop for 8 euro an pedicure for 15. the Cathedral is pretty, lots of shops and large fresh produce market.
Cala en bosc is a great resort, I will return but will be looking for better accomodation for next time.Roc Lago was okay as a base.Oh yes beaches where lovely too!!!GREAT lively but at the right times (quite by midnight) resort."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of August 2011

this hotel is terrible!!!!!

Reviewed Wed 27th of July 2011

"Where do you start ! .....well the plus points are Cala n Bosch is a lovely resort and we would recommend to people who have never been.. Roc Largo Park Apartments I would not recommend ... they were the worst ever....from generally looking tatty and needing a good paint and update - to the drains stinking to ants being in two of the rooms in our apartment. The staff were ignorant and generally didn't want to know. We had an accident in the pool because the whole area is so slippy, the cleaner arrived one morning at 06.45 wanting to make the beds - because we were still in them she went and we never saw a cleaner again! the wake-up calls we booked never arrived - the food was terrible - everything was served with chips including breakfast - most of the food was carried over to the next day and transformed into something else. The front desk at the hotel did not want to deal with anything - 2 days before we left we had all our clothes and swimming costumes/ towels and shoes stolen from the airer provided on our balcony area - after speaking with the hotel manager a dozen times he was not interested - we tried to report it to the police and the office was shut - we asked the hotel manager to get in touch with them so we could go and report it and he never did - this place was like the worst sort of mini housing estate plonked in a lovely part of the world ! there are lost of well priced hotels in the marina area of cala n bosch - please, please don't use this one !! we tried it and by the end were upset having to come back to it everyday for our holiday ! the resort is lovely the hotel is not !!!"

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of July 2011

Helpful, Clean and Basic great location

Reviewed Tue 5th of July 2011

"Having gone to Cala n'Bosch on numerous occasions, we have always stayed at Roc Lago Park. The staff work extremely hard, always on call night and day (I managed to burn through the toaster cable, they were helpful and refused to charge me for a replacement, just sending up a new boxed toaster within minutes even though I did actually take responsibility for my stupidity!) It's clean and basic ideal as a base and if you ever do have an issue the staff will always help. It's location is overlooking the Marina from the pool area, right by the supermarket, restaurants and shops (2 minutes from the resorts entrance) and near the bus stop to take you into Citudella. Travelling as a family with a 7 year old and an 11 month old, the staff made sure I had everything I needed. You get what you pay for, its a 1 Key accommodation, a great base for your holiday, ideal location, hard working children's entertainers and we are looking forward to going again next year. "

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of July 2011

Absolutely Hell and Awful!!!

Reviewed Tue 14th of June 2011

"This place was the pits and never ever go again. My partner and I decided to go with 2 sons and daughter, all early teenagers. We got there, the apartment was absolutely saturated with ants, we had to go to the reception morning & nite for spray, once sprayed outside, they made there way into the apartment. My son woke up with ants crawling all over his face. That was one thing. The next after a day at the beach we were all hungry. Decided to go 1/2 board (PLEASE BE CAREFUL). We were all hungry went into the restuarant to find flies and BIG flies all over the food.We were absolutely horrified. We informed the staff, I told the staff who did not seem to take any notice. One woman came out whilst walking round the food and stamping on the flies on the floor, it was disgusting. The resort was lovely, but all I can say as a mother, PLEASE do not go here, there are extremely better places for the same amount of money. "

• Travel date: Sun 12th of June 2011

Reviewed Tue 7th of June 2011

"PLEASE READ.We went here as a family my partner and two children aged 8months and 2yrs.My sis and her partner also went.On arriving at the lago we went to our first room which was no good as it had numurous steps,was moved to another room which we stopped the nite.We woke up after a nites sleep to find our bedding and pillows really wet,after hearing screams i found my 2yr old running away from loads of ants.There were screws all over for my 8month old to crawl to and attempt to eat,ants crawling all over her bottles and food in the kitchen.The food her was awful no kids menu at all,fish with eyes,teeth and bones in.The pool area is so slippy and resorted into my child falling over.As for the entertaintment what entertainment is this?My 30week pregnant sister was having a bath in het sewer smelling bathroom when she looked up and found a worker watching her thru the sky light that should have been covered up,we waisted 2days of our holiday chasing around trying to get moved or a flight back home which resorted in us having to pay.Would never ever stop here again."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of June 2011

Good Location, Helpful Staff

Reviewed Tue 3rd of August 2010

"Stayed at the apartments for a week , booked them last minute and we were really pleased with the location just near the harbour and 5 mins walk from the beach, rooms are basic but clean , childresn swimming pool area was really good my 11 month old loved it.Staff were really helpful :-) Went on glass bottom boat trip really enjoyed that and loved the restaurants we didn't have a bad meal anywhere.Would definately recommend the resort for families. "

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of August 2010

You get what you pay for

Reviewed Wed 4th of August 2010

"Good Points :
We arrived at 12 midnight and really felt welcomed when the receptionist, who was really friendly, informed us they had kept dinner for us!

Just prior to us leaving the UK my husband emailed the hotel to enquire on cost to upgrade to 2 bedrooms. When we arrived they had allocated a 2 bedroomed apartment and didn't charge for it! A fantastic first impression!

We were half board and found the food to be of a very high standard. There was not a huge selection but enough to satisfy my fussy son and husband! We did get a bit fed up toward the end of our two week stay, perfectly normal, this usually happens doesn't it?

Sorry can't comment on breakfast - we didn't make it even 1 day!

Bad Points :
Cleaning left a lot to be desired, during our 16 day stay we had cleaners only once. This wasn't a huge problem we tidied up after ourselves however, the changes of towels was a problem. I eventually went to ask for clean towels after 6 days then had to wait on them being brought to us before taking a shower for dinner. My advice would be complain about this at the start of your holiday and don't put up with it as long as we did.

Entertainment was geared toward dutch children (there were very few British families and Dutch and Spanish tourists made up the majority during our stay) and to be honest the reps didn't look as though they wanted to be there!

We didn't stay at the hotel after dinner and found a good bar - The Shamrock, definately worth a visit - say Hi to Leo, Sylvia and Roberto from the Cruzcampo Family!"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of July 2010

Cala n Bosch July 2010

Reviewed Tue 13th of July 2010

"My friend and I have just spent a week at the Roc Lago Park in Cala n Bosch and we were very impressed with the staff, always a welcoming smile and very helpful, and the cleanliness of the apartment and indeed the whole site was commendable. We decided to take up their offer of buffet continental breakfast at 5 euros per day (buy 7 pay for 6) and we were glad we did there was everything you could wish for and always fresh, chef kept coming out and checking. I would have no qualms about recommending this hotel and Cala n Bosch in general. One word of warning though - 2 x sunbed and parasol on beach was 17.50 euros!"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of July 2010

Outstanding

Reviewed Thu 13th of August 2009

"Im 17 and i went with my family with to small children aswell. I got back yesterday and it was brillant i had to write a review. The hotel was excellent and clean, brillant condition and the service was 10/10. They spoke good english at reception and was 24 hour. There was not a problem to big or to small for them to sort out. The pool is a good size for the amount of people who use it and the pool side bar is great. The staff are really nice and always chat to you. The beach is like 5 mins away when walking and is really clean with lots going on around. The area is beautful and has a great marina which is surrounded by bars and resturants which cater for all ages. The best bar around for me was called chaplins. Great food and great prices. The service there was great with english speaking waiters steve and lee really brighten up the night as they are a right laugh. There is only one negative and that was when i went out past 12 there were hardly any places open and was pretty dead. "

• Travel date: Wed 12th of August 2009

Please Choose another Place to Stay

Reviewed Thu 6th of August 2009

"I've booked for 10 days and just stayed for one night( and sleep for only 2 hours).
When we arrived at the Roc Lago Park and looked for the reception desk the desorganisation was just in front of our eyes, they didn't had our booking confirmation, we had a discount for the half board and they tried to make us pay the all price, the staff was unpolite and all of it was like a real joke.
They gave us a room that was not clean, dirty, smelly, full of ants (BEWARE - The photos on the website are fake - the hotel is 1/10 that it appear to be) it was a very small room, the worst i've been in all my life and an experience not to repeat.
After looking for the crap that the room was and be sure the bad choice that we've done we moved to the buffet to eat our dinner and the food was too bad to be true (some guest had to serve himself with their own hands) the kettle was dirty and the restaurant looked like the room (a crap).
After we came from a walk and go to the room to have some sleep we verified that the cheats and pillow's suposed to make our bed were smelly (they haven't been cleaned) and the couch was wet (looked like oil)...
We move to the reception desk to ask to change room and to tell what's happening the guy was not kind and didn's wanted us to change room...
We had to call the police and with their help and after looking for 6 rooms to change too (all of them with problems - used and not cleaned, smelly, wet floor, sewer smell, ants) they gave us a room that was clean and we stayed in there from 4 am to 8 am sleeping in our beach towels because the rooms were all with lack of cleaning and with no confort.
after 8 am we came to the reception desk to speak with the director to ask for the refund or change hotel, and they moved us to Roc Oasis Park (a good hotel with all the conditions) the director was not kind, looked like a coconut beach seller).
DO NOT GO TO ROC LAGO PARK - IT'S A REAL SH......."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of August 2009

Hotels near Apartamentos Roc Lago Park

Top traveller tips for Apartamentos Roc Lago Park

• sweetbabe22 by sweetbabe22

"Extermination of ants in apartments and extermination of flies around food in the dining area. "

• DD by DD

"Treat your accommodation as a base and make sure to go for Paella at the Bahia restaurant "

• kiddo79 by kiddo79

"visit cala n bosch just don't use this hotel ! "

• Bear by Bear

"Lovely location go explore don't stay on the hotel complex "

Apartamentos Roc Lago Park is also called