Galdana Palms Villas

Good
Good

Fantastic

Reviewed Thu 21st of April 2011

"Had a great time...wonderful villa and we have booked to go back this year and can't wait.
lovley place for a holiday."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of April 2011

These are great villas, good sized rooms...

Reviewed Sun 7th of September 2008

"These are great villas, good sized rooms, pool big enough for 4 of us to splash about in with an inflatable. Like the previous review, we had some ants in the garden but they didnt get in the villa and only really noticeable when the kids dropped crisps! There was a dustpan and broom so we swept up every day. It was equipped with everything you could possibly want - iron and board, piles of crockery, pans, utensils etc. A safe in the main bedroom which didnt require a deposit as the key was on the villa key ring, spotless bathrooms. Kitchen was small but we didnt really use it much as there was a barbecue in the garden which we put to good use as we were on a budget and couldnt eat out much. Living room and dining area very large with cabinet full of more glassware, placemats and even paperback books which I thought was a nice touch. You could easily live in one of these villas!

Very convenient for shops and restaurants but quiet enough so you didnt hear a thing at night.

Great place, only booked this villa after reading the reviews on here - so glad we did! "

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

We have just returned from a great holid...

Reviewed Sat 6th of September 2008

"We have just returned from a great holiday at these villas

Villas are very light and airy and rooms are a good size. Pool seemed small in the brochure but was big enough - you could do about half a dozen strokes no problem, we were in the pool more times than we were out of it! It wasnt heated, but the sun warmed it up nicely even in the mornings. It was also lit up at night and still warm enough. I would say these are the best villas in the area, not too far away but not in the middle of everything either. I would ask beforehand if you could have one of the villas numbered 1-4 as these are higher up so not overlooked. We had number 4 which had the biggest garden with 2 massive palm trees in.

We arrived on the Friday. Maids came on Monday and Wednesday, pool man came Wednesday to top up the water and the grass was cut Thursday. The reception is only manned now and then but they have an office in the resort centre if you have any problems.

It's about 10 minutes leisurely walk to the beach and the many restaurants and shops. There were only a few bars so the resort was never rowdy - we didnt see a single noisy group there. I wouldn't say the food was particularly expensive (except for El Mirador where you pay for the beach location) it depends what you are after. We ate in S'Escopinya and had 4 toasted sandwiches and 4 cokes for just over 20 euros and they were delicious. The Alaska Bar (which wasn't really a bar) did lovely tapas for about 3.50 euros each and we went there twice. Also Sa Tasca did tapas for the same sort of price.

The beach is spotless with crystal clear water. We hired a pedalo with a slide on for about 11 euros for an hour which the kids loved and even saw some little fish as they dived in. It did tend to get busy by noon but the sea was never crowded.

I'm very surprised at the review below maybe they holidayed somewhere else? We had a few clusters of ants but a quick spray saw them off for the rest of the day, and they never came inside at all. I think maybe the reviewer should have kept crumbs under control as ants will only go where there is food laying about. I didn't see a single shop boarded up and it certainly isn't like a British resort at all. Most of the places offer pizza or burgers but they all equally served Spanish dishes. The only pizza one I saw was Fuerte De Trevi which was a proper Italian restaurant, looked really nice and nothing like a fast food joint. Also the sunbeds were nowhere near 20 euros each. 2 sunbeds and an umbrella were about 22 euros but cheaper to buy a mat for 2 euros and an umbrella for about 8 euros in the beach shop. It's a shame as that sort of review could stop someone from staying at a really lovely resort, that was very clean with no rubbish and very welcoming towards the tourists. We visited a few other towns but Cala Galdana was our favourite and we are hoping to go back very soon."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of September 2008

Just don't bother. We have had an awful...

Reviewed Mon 18th of August 2008

"Just don't bother. We have had an awful experience with these villas, blocked toilets and unusable bathrooms, leaks of raw sewage throughout the entire villa, and mopped up and cleaned using the same filthy, unhygienic mop used to clean the excrement up.

Totally infested with ants, especially in beds, crawling through our childrens' hair. Worktops swarming with ants. Urgh. Absolutely disgusting.

Cala Galdana is like a downmarket british resort, only with warm weather. Shops boarded up, and eye wateringly expensive. Beach is lovely, but at 20 euros a day to hire a sunbed, you'd better be loaded. Restaurants are mostly fast food or pizza joints but double the price they are in Britain - £90 for 4 starters, 4 pizzas and water to drink. The local supermarkets make the prices up to suit themselves, one day water is 2 euros and the next day it's 3 euros - depends on the weather I suppose! 4 baguettes, some ham, some cheese and 4 cokes - 28 euros. Total rip off.

Menorca. Just forget it and go somewhere less boring instead!"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of August 2008

I stayed at the Galdana Palms with my pa...

Reviewed Sat 7th of July 2007

"I stayed at the Galdana Palms with my parents in law, my husband, and my daughters of 4 years and 5 months.

The villas were spacious and clean (the cleaners, who came every other day were outstanding!).

The pool was cleaned every Sunday and the grass cut fortnightly, the maintenance of the villa was highly maintained.

The main resort is a very small walk away and there is a small variety of bars and beautiful restaurants including nightly entertainment for both children and adults (if you are after a lively holiday, Cala Galdana is not the place to be, which suited us as we had our daughters) however we hired a car and got to see some of the other resorts which had a few more variety of bars etc... (Cala N Blanes).

The only problem on our holiday was our rep (My Travel), when we arrived our villa wasn't ready for us, due to the rep not informing the previous family of a time to vacate their villa (this happened to 3 other families whilst we were there).

She was the most unhelpful rep I have ever come across, she had no social skills whatsoever and was bordering on ignorant, it come to a point we wanted to hide when we seen her!

However I would definitely recommend the Galdana Palms for future holidays! (Just maybe not through My Travel)."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of July 2007

I and my family stayed here a few years...

Reviewed Sat 21st of April 2007

"I and my family stayed here a few years back and it really was a lovely place to stay.

The apartments are spacious and clean, ours had three spacious bed rooms and a good sized bath room with both a bath and shower.

The living/ dining area was open plan with high ceilings and plenty of room, it included a TV with kids cartoon channels on it and 2 large sofas, storage and a large dining table.

The kitchen was small but fully functional (not that we used it much) the apartment was on one floor and tiled throughout, all decor was modern and taste full. It was fully air conditioned and my Father who works in the heating and ventilating business was very impressed by it!

The surrounding garden was well kept and included a small pool which wasn't heated (that was a good thing in the hot weather) and a well cleaned BBQ.

The apartments are about a 10 minute walk from the stunning, golden horse shoe beach and small stores, bars and restaurants are within a 2 minute walk!

It really is a beautiful place, my favourite on Menorca.

However I would recommend car hire as there are lots of beautiful places on the island which are worth a visit such as the lively Cala Bosh!

The whole place is truly beautiful and a great place to relax and eat good food, the beach is one of the best on the island and the small town has some lovely shops.

The apartments however are up a flight of stairs which you should consider if you have any difficultly with mobility.

These apartments seem the best in Cala Galdana and are worth a look! "

• Travel date: Sat 21st of April 2007

The villa couldn’t have been better!...

Reviewed Sun 22nd of October 2006

"The villa couldn’t have been better! Extremely clean, spacious and well equipped with very efficient air con. Our villa had three good size bedrooms, two bathrooms, good sized 'living / dining' room, and (with satellite TV) a really well kept garden area with BBQ and very clean well maintained pool. It proved to be an ideal base to soak up the sun in peace away from the crowded beach. Its worth noting that the pool isn’t very child friendly as there wasn’t a shallow end (it was about 5 foot deep) but otherwise it was excellent.

The villa was 'serviced' twice in the week we were there and the garden / pool tended a little more often. The villa complex (there are 10 semi-detached villas) is about a 10 min stroll to the beach and centre of the resort, but its flat and on a pleasant road. The nearest shop was only about 75m away and that marked the start of the restaurants etc. The complex is at the end of the road and they overlook a pretty gorge, a nice and quiet area to escape any crowds and traffic.

Having strolled around the resort we thought these looked the cleanest, best positioned and nicest villas in the resort. Definitely consider these if you’re heading to Call G.

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of October 2006

Hotels near Galdana Palms Villas

Stayed at Galdana Palms Villas? Share your insight.