We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Club Hotel Aguamarina

PO Box 175, 07740 Arenal d'en Castell, Menorca Spain

Good

Loved the animation team and entertainment

Good

"i would like to say that i thought this hotel was very good entrtainment wise. the animation team was brilliant and always tried to get people involved in activities. they worked extremely hard to make your stay enjoyable. there was always something going on so there was plenty to do for all ages.
the only thing that was disappointing was in the evenings there was not much for teenagers. i think that it would have been good if they had a disco/club in the evenings for teenagers and young adults. there was a kids disco but nothing really for teenagers.

overall i thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. and once again i would like to thank the animation team for all their hard work and effort."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of August 2005

Rooms are small for families

"We booked through First Choice and asked for Block A - no chance of getting it though! Ended up in Block B - we went in a party of 6 people and on the booking asked for 4 in one and 2 in another but when we got there they had put us in 3 and 3. The rooms shouldn't have had more than 2 people in as not big enough to 'swing a cat' - no air-con and the weather was hot. The rep was hopeless and told us we weren't allowed to eat in Block A and didn't tell us anything about the complex, just tried to sell us the trips. Don't go to the aqua park with them, hire a car as its cheaper and you should go to AquaRock as the other aqua park is very small. Lots of people arriving at this accomodation and complaining about the room size. Staff looked very unhappy, but everywhere clean and 4 good pools. It's very expensive here as a plate of chips cost over 4 euros. There are no fridges in the rooms - you have to hire them. My advice (which my dad did) is to hire a fridge and go to the Spar shop (which is opposite the Irish bar) get your drinks there and take them down in the evening - your fridge will pay for itself... Lovely resort - shame about the rooms."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of August 2005

Great Animation Team

"We were very sceptical about going on this holiday as it was booked very late due to a problem with the holiday we were originally going on. When we arrived at the hotel we were told that our rooms would not be available for 3 hours! There were 12 of us, all of which had been up since 3am, our flight was at 6.15am and to be told that our rooms were not available was not welcoming news! We were not offered a drink or food the whole time we had to sit in the reception area. We were not offered a place to leave our luggage so that we could at least get outside and begin our holiday. We resulted to changng the children in reception and continued to sit and wait. 6 hours later we were informed that a couple of our rooms were ready but I was told that the others would not be ready for another 3 hours! No apology, nothing they acted like we were putting them out by being there! I then proceeded to go and check out the room that was so say still occupied only to find that it was empty and had already been cleaned. There was an obvioius lack of communication between the staff at the hotel and total lack of consideration and care for us as guests. This was not a good start. After moving rooms twice because of the noise from the road etc we eventually settled in a room near the pool. The hotel (block B) was very noisy, no air conditioning and the staff were not very friendly. The only friendly faces were those of the animation team who did an excellent job, if only their enthusiasm could rub off on to the staff of the hotel this place would be great. The faciliites are excellent but it would appear there is a law against smiling! The sunbeds on the beach cost a fortune 18 euros for 2 sunbeds per day! It is cheaper to buy your own sunshade and an airbed! For children this hotel was great the food was good but again the staff in the restaurant were not very friendly and were obviously under orders not to smile at anyone! The beach was great and our children loved it! Would not go again but would suggest if you are thinking about it opt to stay in block A with renovated rooms and airconditioning I am sure those that stayed in that block had a better holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of August 2005

Lovely Holiday

"We have just returned from a lovely holiday (myself, husband and 2 children 7 & 10). We were in Block A having paid for a sea view which was stunning. The room was air conditioned and the had been recently decorated and was kept spotless. However there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room so worth taking a travel kettle- you can hire a fridge if you need one. The food was good with a wide selection for all, my children ate really well, the staff were very polite and efficient. The entertainment was ok and the kids songs were repeated in Spanish, English and German and my children thoroughly enjoyed the Robbie Williams tribute act.
There are very few shops and a trip to Mahon on the bus is worthwhile and is only 1.50 euros. The pools were fine and the bay is really pretty with a lovely sandy beach and a few little coves to discover if you fancy a walk.
All in all we had a really relaxing holiday and could not fault the Hotel or resort."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of August 2005

Good holiday

"We spent 2 weeks here from 29/7 till 12/8. Party size 2 adults one child (6). Travelled with First Choice (for the first time) and found the whole airport to accomodation experience fast, smooth and professional.

We were assigned to a room in Block B and if you think I am gonna moan then you will be dissapointed. The room was adequate and cleaned EVERY single day of our stay with fresh towels daily and bedsheets changed every other day - I don't know about you, but I certainly don't get that service at home! Yes, Block B does not have Aircon and Block A has, but that is the only real difference. Yes, Block A also has sea views but when I booked I was told I needed to pay an extra £200 or so to guarantee this and I declined so I cannot moan! Back to Block B... you can hire a fan inexpensively via 'Holiday Hires' (who visit the lobby daily at 6pm) for the 2 weeks and this is a must. I firmly believe you should not have to do this as the rooms should be kitted out with a fan as standard, no doubt aircon refurbs for Block B will eventually happen.

Food was good not great, ate breakfast probably 11/14 days and dinner 5/14 days as we prefer to eat out in the evening. Not a single dose of the squits between the 3 of us for the whole 2 weeks so 5 stars for that! Restaurant buffet style, air-conditioned and open for wide time periods. Live Entertainment every night and if your the type to sit there every night then it's probably right up your street, early on its good for the kids though! Pay the hotel prices for beer then your looking at 3.30 Euros a pint, maybe they will use this profit to fund aircon for Block B.

Both pools lovely and clean and great for kids, if you want a sun-lounger get up with your towels before 8.30am. Beach was great and probably the biggest thing I miss about the holiday. Hire of 2 x sun-loungers and a parasol is 18 Euros. If your hungry at lunchtime walk left not right (service terribly slow) and whatever you do don't eat at the white huts halfway down the steps from the hotel to the beach unless your minted!

Coves Noves is a small commercial centre just UP the road and it has a few restaurants and a decent supermarket. If you are longing for an excellent full english brekkie visit the Pirata, in the evening try the Flamingo which is very good apart from 3.75 Euros a pint - supposed to be cheap in Spain y'know! Walking into Arenal you will find a larger selection of restaurants with lovely views over the bay. Our favourite 'hands down' was the one called Gavina (I think!) just before the Irish Bar, excellent food and service.

So there you go, haven't really moaned but can't sign off without a whinge to the management of the hotel... balcony lights go off on a timer at midnight - whats that all about??!!! We are holiday makers not inmates! I bet that doesn't happen in Block A!!! Don't feel too guilty though because we robbed one of your hand towels to compensate hahaha!

PS. If you enjoy a cup of tea take a travel kettle, mugs & teabags. Happy Holidays!"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of August 2005

Great for families with small children

Good

"Just returned from a week in club hotel aguamarina with my family (sister 35, mother 58, me 26, neice 5, Nephew 2 1/2) was in block B and found no problems at all, rooms were spotless even behind the furniture, hotel was spotless. Found the food very nice and a great choice and thats good as myself and my neice are very picky eaters

Entertainment round the pool in the day was great for the kids and made us adults laugh the kids always had something to do. The entertainment in the evening was OK first the kids disco which all of us enjoyed then the tribute bands well lets just say we all had a good laugh at elvis it was so rubbish the whole croud was in stiches but we had a good time.

Dont bother going to bed before the entertainment has finished because people comming back from the shows dont seam to have any condersation for others that may be in bed

All in all we had a great week, the kids had a great time and the adults could relax.

Be awire that if you go to the beach DONT hire the sunbeds It was our first day and we had 3 beds and 1 umbrella and when the man said 24 EUROS I fell off of my sumbed the next time we went down to the beach the sunbeds were empty so we was not the only ones that had a shock

I would go back to Menorca and I would defentley go back to Club hotel aguamarina."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of August 2005

If you cannot be guaranteed a room, in "BLOCK A" do not stay there

"If you cannot be guaranteed a room, in "BLOCK A" do not stay there. When we booked our Holiday, we had already read reviews stating what I say above. We asked for block A with its recent refurbishment & Air Con. Instead, we were not even on the check in register when we arrived & were left sitting in the lobby for 20 minutes. The main hotel which is known as Block B has a beautiful lobby & although the rooms are older than the newer Block A, were still of a good standard. It gets worse from here. Out in the car park where you would expect to find the supermarket etc are 2 dozen or so rooms over the shops is where we ended up! Block C, a section of the hotel our Rep did not even know his guests were accommodated. A nice guy, but useless with our complaints. I could & cannot understand why he & the hotel refused point blank to have us moved. We would have settled for Block B, just to get out of the hellhole we were staying in. Up a staircase, over the shops into a room about the same size of a standard three bed semi bedroom. Two Terrible single beds, no terrace, 1 power socket, a tiny window overlooking the main road & car park. The window had no "Bug Shield" resulting in my girlfriend being eaten alive by Mosquito's. At evening, the rooms were hot! Very hot. We rented a small fan (€15.00+€15.00 deposit per week) It helped a little, but my point was & still is it should not of been necessary if we were given what we asked & paid for. The TV had three English speaking channels – CNN, BBC World & a channel, which showed what ever was selected by hotel staff on Sky Digital, mostly Sky Sports. They even sowed bootleg DVD’s on this channel in the evening including the War of the Worlds. The hotel has a small entertainment crew who were nice & seemed to entertain the kids during the daytime satisfactory. However, their evening shows were embarrassing. One thing that puzzled me greatly was that from what I could see, 90% of the hotel guests were English speaking, but their “Shows” & I use this phrase delicately were almost entirely spoken in German? The surrounding area does not have much too offer at night. A good Irish Bar, a Great Chinese restaurant were the best we could find. We did how ever rent a car one day only to discover two much better & livelier towns on the island. I have no major gripes with the hotel itself. My problem lies mostly with Direct Holidays who messed up our accommodation & their rep’s lack of power to be able to move us else where in the hotel. He did comp us a boat trip, but all I wanted was the room I booked! The beach is small but lovely. Pedal boats can be rented for €12.00 an hour. Sun beds on the beach were €15.00. Drink & Cigs were very cheep in the shops & we found some nice places to eat, but noting spectacular. The hotel dining hall was OK but we only went twice as it got very repetitious. If you want a holiday for a couple & your young children, are happy to be in bed by 12.30 & just want to sit by the pool for a week, this place is ideal. If you expect a little more for your money & don’t mind spending a little extra avoid this place at all costs!"

• Travel date: Sun 14th of August 2005

just the break i needed

Good

"really needed a break and a week here was as good as anything the doctor could prescibe. I was there with my 14 yr old daughter and we had an excellent week. we were fortunate to be in block A the one with the refurbished rooms with air conditioning and wonderful sea views. the rooms were fine the food was plentiful with loads of choice and of good quality. the entertainment was a laugh and the beach was busy but clean. the swimming pools could have been a wee bit cleaner. the mini market had a good selection at very reasonable prices. the staff were very curteous and helpful. This was my first experience of a single parent holiday and would certainly return but only if i was assured a sea view room in the same block. The local bus was good and cheap but a very limited service. Fortinall was well worth going to. To see more of Minorca you would need to hire a car but if you just want the beach this is the perfect place."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2005

A Good Family Holiday

Good

"Don't believe the bad reviews which scared us before departure. holiday`d with two children (5 & 10) and two grandparents and my husband. hotel is spotless and food is varied and of consistently good quality, something for everyone. all staff are very pleasant and work hard to make your stay enjoyable. five pools including a jacuuzi exclusive to adults and two more than adequate childrens pools. Entertainment when you want it and quiet places when you dont. Supermarket expensive next to hotel, but much better rates available a short walk away. Coves Noves for kids on the evening serves as good entertainment, the Irish Pub is great value for any adult with a sense of humour. All in all a fantastic holiday, only advice would be specify block A on booking for air con, although fans to hire avail for non air con block B. See view was fantastic from our balcony. A really good chill out location. Dont be put off by the external appearance of the hotel, it could do with a coat of paint. Never judge a book by its cover, it was a great holiday enjoyed by all our family and i would certainly recommend Minorca to my friends."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2005

Club Hotel Aguamarina-Arenal d'en Castell

"We have just arrived back from the aguamarina hotel having had a fantastic week there.The hotel was spotless,the cleaners was cleaning all the time .we were in A block and had air conditioning which was very much needed as the temperature was in the 90's.The hotel food was plentiful and of a good standard,as usually when we go half board we eat out a lot of the time but we didn't here not even once!
The entertainment in the evening was OK especially the tribute bands.Our daughter enjoyed the mini disco each night as she met many friends there.
The only down fall was the beach although it was nice and sandy there was an invasion of jelly fish due to the warm weather, so we went swimming in one of the two lovely and warm swimming pools at the hotel.
All in all we had a very relaxing week, and have already booked for two weeks next year."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of July 2005

5 star view

"We have stayed at this wonderful hotel for the past 18 years .very friendly staff. Food is very good something to suit everyone except for the very picky! Hotel is kept very clean and the gardens are well tended and with a fantastic 5 star view!! Rooms are quite small for a family but you only sleep in them there is plenty of outside space and activities to enjoy as well as a beautiful beach. Book in block A for the best sea views. Overall a fantastic hotel that is very good value for money with good amenities for families or couples ."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of May 2016

Perfect!

"After reading some of the mixed reviews for this hotel I didn't really know what to expect... It was amazing! I couldn't ask for a better holiday, wide variety of food to choose from, service was spot on, hotel throughout was very clean and tidy and plenty to do for both adults and little ones! Highly rated the Thomas Cook reps... Amazing kids club, kids parties and kids entertainment in the evening. Views were unbelievable and just a 30 second walk from the stunning beach! Would highly recommend to anyone with children! The only fault I could pick is (being really picky) that there weren't enough plugs in the hotel room - just one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom so will be taking an extension lead when I go again. Only came home yesterday but already looking at booking again for next year and will be taking friends a long too! Couldn't be helped but the weather wasn't the best... Had 3 out of 7 good days but the rest of time it was very windy so will be booking it again for July/August next year!"

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of May 2015

Hotels near Club Hotel Aguamarina

Stayed at Club Hotel Aguamarina? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Club Hotel Aguamarina

• paulemans by paulemans

"go its great'quite'relax "

• Family holiday by Family holiday

"Quiet with just enough hotel entertainment and variety of bars. "

• Family holiday by Family holiday

"Fornells really pretty with a good variety of fish restaurants. "

• JamesBennett09 by JamesBennett09

"Small & Nothing Around "

• JamesBennett09 by JamesBennett09

"IRISH PUB 51 & WIAKIKI "

• The Griswalds by The Griswalds

"Superb beach,great hotel but the surrounding area is very,very quiet. "

• 2010menorca by 2010menorca

"family of 3 with 5year old son "

• yamyam by yamyam

"If it's a quiet relaxing break you want then maybe this is for you "

• Caza by Caza

"Only go if you have children "

• Steph&Chris by Steph&Chris

"Go to the pub 'Backgammon' it was our favourite "

• tazimaz by tazimaz

"dont be afraid to ask at reception if you are not sure about something or need anything they are very friendly "

• Karen D by Karen D

"take a kettle if you like a cuppa when you wake as you cant get a drink till breakfast and after breakie you cant get another drink till 11am also be where of the sweagulls "

• Sadielady by Sadielady

"If you read the negative feedback, go with an open mind "

• Dwayne B by Dwayne B

"Hire a caravan instead "

• Laurieb by Laurieb

"Book to stay in block A and dine early to avoid the queue to get into the dining room! "

Club Hotel Aguamarina is also called