We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Zafiro Rey don Jaime

Gran Via Del Puig Major, 4, 07180 Santa Ponsa, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Good

Pleasantly surprised

"I had read mixed reviews after being changed to this hotel last minute. We arrived early hours of the morning and the staff were very accomodating allowing us in to room early. The staff were pleasnt, greeting us all the time, nothing was a drama. The entertainment staff were fab! As a young-ish couple we were slightly concerned with it being so family oriented but we thoroughly enjoyed a relaxing stay."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of August 2011

Could have been amazing :-(

"The hotel is a 3 star, not a 4. It is very clean. Modern in places such as reception, not so modern dated rooms.

The food is amazing. Wide variety of foods, replaced often.

Hotel staff excellent and couldn't do more for you. On arrival at the hotel in the early hours of the morning and we had a salad dinner waiting for us. V impressed.

Stunning pool, bad concrete surrounding the pool. Plenty of sun beds to go round.

Excellent location, beach 2 mins down the road. Childrens park opposite hotel. Supermarket round the corner.

Beach is cleaned but has tree twiggs and stones in the sand. But still a beautiful beach.

Our hotel room, not so good. Dated and basic. The double bed we requested was a large oversized single with 2 metal springs protuding from the sides of the bed. The cot mattress was appauling with the cover of the foam from the mattress comletely ripped exposing large areas of the foam. Hotel did exchange this straight away. Old telly and air con was all that was hotel supplied. No kettle, fridge etc

Entertainment-EXTREMELY POOR.
The hotel advertised a range of activities on the hour starting at 11 till 4 example connect4, higher or lower card game, killer pool, table tennis. water polo etc
When my 8 yr old son requested to join in he was told it was an adult game. How old do you have to be to be able to play connect4 or higher or lower?
My 8 yr old son was directed to the 'Monster' club for 4-14 yr olds. The monster club did art and crafts of a morning. Cap decorating, painting, princess plastercine modeling etc. This club was excellent for young children 4-6yr olds. My son does football 3 times a wk, kick boxing in Fridays, swimming on Wednesdays. He does not enjoying playing 'baby stuff' as he put it. I was suprised they mixed the ages 4-14. 4 yr old have nothing in common with 14 yr olds!
I spoke to the Thomson Rep who didn't know what the entertainers problem was. She spoke with them and they agreed my son can join in the adults games just not the obvious ones such as riffle shooting or darts. Which I agree with. Next 4 days nothing changed. My son was left out and sat there watching the 'adults' game as he was getting so fed up. The entertainment team said if they opened the games up to my son then every child would want to play- There was 6 child aged 8-14 there. I asked the entertainment team that if they are encouraging all the adults to play why would 6 children make a difference. No answer. After 4 days of my son having no entertainment and me complaining every day to the rep and the entertainment staff they finally allocated 2-4 pm games suitable for my sons age ie water polo and water walking and connect 4.

Holiday was ruined as it upset me seeing my son so unhappy and left out. We tried to occupy him as much as we can but with our 10 month old daughter our time was divided.

The entertanment team was excellent for young children, super for adults. Just not for 8-14 yr olds.

If you do go to this hotel- tip. To activate the air con in your room the balcony doors need to be shut otherwise they do not activate. Recommend as mosiquiteos savaged my partner on the first night cause we left the doors open thinking air con was broke :-)

Would I recommend this hotel? No not for young families. "

• Travel date: Tue 7th of June 2011

Hotels near Zafiro Rey don Jaime

Stayed at Zafiro Rey don Jaime? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Zafiro Rey don Jaime

• Kincaid family by Kincaid family

"Golf fantasia (crazy golf) in Palma Nova- Amazing "

• lisa by lisa

"Close to beach, main strips and family square "

Zafiro Rey don Jaime is also called