Zafiro Rey don Jaime

Rey Don Jaime

Good
Reviewed Fri 13th of March 2009

"went back for two weeks august 2008 had been for a week the previous year
room was great sea veiw plus overlooked pool as well we did ask for same floor!
food not as varied or as good as last year but still excellant choice
spent alot of time on beach
overall good value
central location and we tried the buses! long queues at roundabout but turn up left and no problems!went to palma and neighbouring resorts

• Travel date: Thu 12th of March 2009

fab family fun

Reviewed Wed 31st of December 2008

"We went to the rey don jaimie on a family holiday, me my husband and my step children who are 14 & 12. I was worried how I would keep them entertained but they had a fab time!
The location was great, turn left out of the hotel 5 minute walk and your on a lovely sandy beach, shops bars & restaurants to the left and right. The hotel was spotlessly clean and bedding changed every other day towels daily if required. Food was excellent, the kids are quite fussy but something for everyone plain & simple or something for the more adventurous. The entertainment team were fab max's bingo bongo and great shows, a disney show for the kids and a grease show also a british hypnotist and a beatles & U2 tribute. We intended to go to the square where they have tribute bands every night but it was so good in the hotel we often stayed there. The location of santa ponsa is great we went to the pirate show and water parks in magaluf and palma nova which are a 10 minute taxi ride or 20 minutes on the bus. Taxi only cost 7euro.
The only downside for me was views from the hotel, although we spend very little time in the rooms i like a pool view but you either overlooked the main road or the back of the hotel. The only views are from the side of the hotel there are only about 18 rooms in total. some reviews comment on a smell but we went in a busy peak season and i didnt smell anything. Great value for money the kids want to go back next year!!

Clare Barrett (wales)"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of December 2008

Very very disappointed. Me and my husban...

Reviewed Tue 7th of October 2008

"Very very disappointed. Me and my husband aren't fussy people we just like to go on holiday to have a nice hotel, nice food with reasonable prices. We went week comm 19th Sept. We chose this hotel as we did a cruise and stay with Thomas Cook. We'd had our first week on the cruise and then this was meant to be a chilling out week where we could relax by the pool or on the beach. The Rey looked the best hotel out of what Thomas Cook could provide us, usually we wouldn't go for half board as we like to try different food, so we paid the price (literally) for a half board hotel. The best bit of the hotel is the interior decor and rooms, we couldn't fault our room and although we looked out over the smelly canal or what ever it is that runs along the front of the hotel, it was at times very very pongy, to the point it made us hold our breath as we walked down the road!!! We did have a lovely sun set though, which made up for it. The rooms were kept clean although on many occassion the maid would just walk in without knocking even when we did have the "do not disturb" sign outside the door!! The food...what can I say. I went to breakfast once, my hubby went twice. The time I went I was put off with the option of chips!!!! (Yea, for breakfast!!) I couldn't be bothered after that. We went to dinner twice. After walking in on the first night and literally not knowing where to sit, where the plates were or even where you could get a drink from, we helped ourself to the "food". I ended up with pasta, "steak" and some sort of bolognaise sauce. It was cold and the "steak" was like rubber. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy it. The 2nd night we thought we would give it the benefit of the doubt, but I resorted to cheese and biscuits. Yes there was a lot to choose from, but it was tastless and bland. There were hundreds of flies around everything and nothing keeping stuff chilled. Even the fuit was black or unripe!!
The bar/pool/entertainment. The pool is nice and big and plenty of room for everyone. There are loads and loads of beds, literally crammed in, so much that some poor old ladt actually fell over becasue she couldn't pass then all or walk through them. But get there early and what really narks me off is the people that leave their towels there ALL day and not actually use them, or if they do, not for long.
The entertainers, well, they made us laugh, but not in the way we wanted. It was like watching a school play....very very amatuer, it was as if they had made it up themselves but not had a clue what they were doing. When we were there we felt very very pressured to join in EVERYTHING to the point that they actually pester you, so that put us both off. Dont get me wrong, I'm 30 and my hubby 40 and we love having a drink or 2 and having a laugh but when we want, not when we are told!!! The drinks are extortionate. We had been out one night and thought we'd have a nightcap back at the hotel. A jack daniels and coke and bacardi and coke came to 14 euros!!!!
So we ended up eating out all bar the first 2 nights and not spending any evenings there which is a shame. This hotels could be so much better...sort out the food, the entertainment/entertainers and reduce the prices and it would appeal a little more. Wouldn't go there again "

• Travel date: Tue 7th of October 2008

Brilliant hotel. All staff pleasant & he...

Reviewed Thu 11th of September 2008

"Brilliant hotel. All staff pleasant & helpful. Couldn't fault food - roast beef just melted in your mouth. Don't know what people who complain expect! Entertainment fantastic. We intended to go out round the resort in the evening but except for visiting some Spanish bars early in the evening we always returned to the hotel in time for the shows to start. Wonderful entertainment from the hard working team both for children and adults. It took me years to get my husband to go abroad as he has never liked the idea of flying but I think he's been converted as he really enjoyed the holiday(not so much the flying!)Would definately return to this hotel again, hopefully in the not too distant future."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of September 2008

Have had yet another excellent holiday a...

Reviewed Sun 7th of September 2008

"Have had yet another excellent holiday at this hotel !!!! (been 3 times) Loads to do there all entertainment was excellent for the children. 10 out of 10 to all staff and especially the cleaners who did a great job day in day out supplying fresh towels and a lovely tidy cool room to come back to after a hot relaxing day at the beach. I could not fault this hotel at all and would not go anywhere else in Santa Ponsa i love it "

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

Where to start... Had an amazing time th...

Reviewed Wed 27th of August 2008

"Where to start...
Had an amazing time there, it was my very first holiday so i wasnt sure what to expect

begin with the rooms, i shared a room with my sister, had a hairdryer in the bathroom with massive mirror, good lighting (perfect for dolling yourself up!)

standard room with two single beds, tv and a couple of dress side tables and draws.
georgous balcony with a brilliant view,

When it came to breakfast and dinner i was amazed to see how much food there was... row after row of food, ill blame the hotel if i put on a load of weight after a week of staying there lol

outside the hotel was a massive pool and about 100 sunbeds where i would spend all day and relax in the blistering hot sun, also Mad Max (awsome entertainer!) would come around and make us play games like Water polo, paella quiz etc

Evenings were defently the best, Bingo Bongo was really fun, ill never forget Max's Mixy Mixy Shaky Shaky dance, was halarious
also i wont forget the barmen they were awsome! Rafeal was def my favorate, his constant flirty winks kept a smile on my face and made me want to go up and get more drinks and he would make the perfect Ammereto and Lemonade haha

overal i loved everything about the hotel and staff and atmosphere, as i soon as i can afford it i will def go again. anytime of the year, i reconmend anyone go there and will have a awsome time!

ill upload some videos of the hotel later onto youtube, just search "Hotel Rey Don Jaime, Santa Ponsa, Majorca" - something along those lines, including Max's bingo bongo dance xP

• Travel date: Wed 27th of August 2008

brilliant time rooms clean and all st...

Reviewed Mon 11th of August 2008

"brilliant time rooms clean and all staff were friendly, a problem with toilet sorted promptly
entertainment staff were brilliant, they all work very hard and ensure everyone is catered for, evening shows were good and my family found max and his bingo bongo a must. santa ponsa is a clean and friendly place , beach clean but sunbeds expensive so take your own towel and brolly! easy to get around on local transport and a visit to the pirates show is an absolute must, but be prepared to be squashed in tight!!
thanks once again to all the staff at the hotel and we will definitely return
our only moan is that brits on holiday are as bad as germans for sunbed hugging,get there early or like us use the beach"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of August 2008

just got back from a great hoilday at th...

Reviewed Sat 9th of August 2008

"just got back from a great hoilday at the rey don jamie where do i begin with this hotel. the entertainment team was great max was soo mad with his bingo bongo and all the activities was great fun children teens and adults all had there separate games which worked well.the food was good with a great range of food full cooked breakfast was brillant the rooms was kept clean everyday staff was helpful and pleasant we went as a family of 4 two teens and two adults if you win the activities 3 time you win a medel as well as the certificates.natalie was very helpful as we had a problem with the room and she moved us in a different room that day.this hotel is very freindly and we meet with all ages of familys.

• Travel date: Sat 9th of August 2008

Just came back from a 2 week stay in the...

Reviewed Fri 1st of August 2008

"Just came back from a 2 week stay in the rey don jaime with my daughter who is 12 and what can i say. The hotel is really nice and all the staff can't do enough for you. The entertainment staff are excellent the best i have ever encounted. A big shout out goes to Max, Ellis, Ian and especially Katie who really work very hard every day to keep all children and adults entertained from morning till night there really is no need to leave the hotel at all. I usually never go back to the same hotel twice but they have definately changed my mind as i will be booking again for another 2 weeks next year and i cannot wait. Also i would just like to say that there is an abundance of food even for the most pickiest of eaters and it is all very good. The rooms are basic but very clean and there is also a hairdryer in everyroom just remember to take an old credit card with you so when you leave the room you can put it in the slot and the air con stays on a welcoming treat after a hard night especially as it is about 28c at midnight.So if you are ther before me next july say hi to Mad Max and the gang for me.
Tracy, Timikia (Lakenheath Suffolk)"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2008

Were do I begin? Everything about this p...

Reviewed Wed 30th of July 2008

"Were do I begin? Everything about this place was fantastic! The large amount of choice to eat every single day was one thing. The food was very delicious and I was able to have as much as I wanted then leave whatever I wanted without any of the waiters thinking less of me.
The bar staff were really friendly, coming over as soon as we sat down, they always had smiles on their faces.
When we were having breakfast the maids would clean our room and we could go up knowing our rooms were emaculate with fresh clean towels every day. They always say hello if you pass one however dirty you felt your room was.
The entertainment team were excellent. We looked forward to bingo bongo every night with mad max's shakey shakey dance and Ians quizes. I'm lucky enough to say our group won the line twice, and the quiz once, on the last night we were all close to winning the full house of 230 euros. During the day we were all entertained if we decided to stay by the pool in the day, becuase of the estactially brilliant marina entertainment team. {Ian, Mad Max, kaitie, Rosh, Laura and Ellis} we took part in water polo, water areobics, paella quiz, t shirt game, lilo races, cocktail game, and many other things with prizes if you won. During the night we had fun and laughs with the older max in the bar pub, which consisted of an impossible quiz which my dad seemed to know the majority of the answers. One question was true or false there are more deaths caused by donkeys world wide then aeroplane deaths.
All in all we had a fantastic time i recomend it to anyone who wants to go to santa ponsa. "

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

amazing!! that just about sums the holi...

Reviewed Wed 23rd of July 2008

"amazing!!

that just about sums the holiday up..
myself (18) and my family of 6 all came home last night from rey don jaime
my auntie and cousin also stayed in the resort but in a different hotel -
they spent most of their time however in ours as it was so good

food - was great, there was a good variety every night with themed nights also.. the chef also did carvery every night and two different soups were served each night

Rooms - we had 2 rooms between 6.. they were fuly air conditioned and the maids did a great job every day.. the balcony was small - however, we did not need one as we spent as little time in the rooms as possible because we wanted to get outside to the entertainment!!

location - was excellent - literally 10 seconds to the beach and a good variety of shops.. also a Mcdonalds and burger king!!! the night life in santa ponsa is also very close and great for people my age. it is also only 10euros for a taxi to magaluf!!! close enough but not too close!!!

entertainment - was the best!! day and night there was always something for all to do - adults children and teens. the shows put on were very good and the children thouroughly enjoyed actualy performing in the disney show! a big shout out to crazy max - and of course the rest of them, who put so mych energy into their work both on and off duty

i cant wait to return!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of July 2008

Family holiday for 2 weeks ages 2 x 60+...

Reviewed Wed 2nd of July 2008

"Family holiday for 2 weeks ages 2 x 60+ 1x40 1x30 3 teens and one child aged 4.excellent holiday by all concerned.hotel clean and well serviced by reliable lifts,we where 1/2 board and the food was excellent roasts most days plus plenty of traditional choices.staff friendly and helpfull.entertainment staff worth an extra mention Max in particular as the loudest energetic member of the team,but they all worked well together and gave it there all/entertainment very good,plus a bar in hotel stayed open to 0300 for the karioke quiz crowd.Plenty of sun beds the first week but as we moved into main season the available area arround the pool was taken up with dozens more tables and chairs for outside cafe/bar restricting space for sunbeds."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of July 2008

Hotels near Zafiro Rey don Jaime

Stayed at Zafiro Rey don Jaime? Share your insight.