Good

NEVER book this place and i mena EVER!!!

Reviewed Tue 4th of September 2012

"For a start there is no air con in the rooms so you couldnt sleep at night not that you could with the acitvity of the bars and people.
On the first two nights we had 1500Euro stolen from the appartment while we were on a night out so they had obviously been watching us.
Then when we tried to get help it wasnt forth coming from anybody including the police, so we had no money and then were told we had to pay 100Euro for an interpreter so we obviously couldnt claim off our insurance.
For the rest of the holiday we were kind of stuck if it not for our very generous friends.
The management would just walk into the room without any permission ao it's not too hard to put 2 and 2 together.
The crowd most of whom were good craic but there was a very bad class of people staying there that were up to all sorts.

Worst place i was every in and i'll never be back to Santa Ponsa because of this.

BTW anyone that has given this place an 8, 9 or 10 its a fake review for sure "

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2012

NICE TIME

Reviewed Tue 28th of August 2012

"My husband and i stayed at the sun beach mid october last year a last min booking with easy jet holidays we hada fab time apts clean good views over santa ponsa staff friendly we are going back this year in a few weeks...

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2012

Basic but good

Reviewed Tue 20th of September 2011

"We had expected to stay in the Deya Apartments, but were moved to Sun Beach as Deya was full on arrival. Overall the hotel is fine, room was clean, shower was good etc. First night was a bit noisy, due to location and being so close to Bars etc in Santa Ponsa, had no trouble with noise from other guests, room was hot as there was no aircon, but floors were tiled so could sleep on the floor to cool down! After first night had got used to heat so was fine.

So to sum up Basic, but fine for what we wanted, we were never at hotel during day, so was fine for a place to sleep,staff very friendly and helpful, other guests were pleasant and friendly. Would stay there again. "

• Travel date: Sun 18th of September 2011

Depends what you want!

Reviewed Tue 20th of September 2011

"I booked Sun Beach for me and my partner on a last minute deal for less than £280 each for Sept 10th. Had read the reviews and decided the things that were bad about it we could live with. We aren't young but have no kids and do tend to stay out late.

When we first got there (10pm Sat night) we found our apartment and went in (room 109). There was a lot of music noise from the bars below but thats ok, we're on holiday! So we freshened up and out we went. By the time we got back in (4am) the music had stopped and all was quiet, except for some younger guests who had obviously got locked out of their room. Lots of banging and shouting and swearing but as I'd had a few beers, this wasn't a problem for me!

The apartment was big, spacious and had a twin hob, kettle, toaster and microwave. So was pretty well equipped. It was a bit aged and on first impressions looked a 'not spotless' but it was just a bit uncared for. eg someones name scratched into the table, chairs a bit tatty etc. Cutlery and crockery did need a wash, but i'd do that even if they looked clean.

The maids came every other day and gave us clean towels and toilet roll (i've been in apartment before where you have to buy your own!). Ok they did just plonk them on the sofa and take out the wet towels ut is that a big deal? After all you are self catering! They also asked if we wanted it cleaning and I said no it was fine (as I was still in bed at the time!) Our bed sheets didn't get changed but I only change them once a week at home!
Before you book here, read all the reviews and decide what you want out of a holiday as there are pros and cons. If you want a relaxing family holiday and feel pampered in beautiful surroundings, do not book this place. If like us, you want a centrally located place with somewhere to wash, prepare food, have a shower and sleep, then its ok. I definitely wouldn't pay full price, and probably wouldn't go in July/Aug when 18-30's are in full force but for a late deal in Sept for us it was fine!
Pros: Cons:
central position noisy until around 3-4am
Price (for us) aged apartments
cooking facilities small pool
space (for 2 compared to hotel room) basic

• Travel date: Sun 18th of September 2011

had a blast!

Reviewed Wed 19th of October 2011

"i went to sunbeach for two weeks with my family. Once we arrived we had trouble trying to find our room because there was no lift to floor 6 and above. The rooms were spacious and clean. There was alot of young ones playing music about the pool but what can you do. Im 16 and i loved going down to the pool and beach everyday. Some reviews say this is not a place for families. I totally disagree with this because there was loads of families there. Under the apartments there was loads of entertainment which was brillant. The best place was club strings. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I didnt want to leave! i would deffo come back here and would reccommend it as it is in the centre of everything and you are a 2minute walk from bars, the beach, and the supermarket. You get what you pay for. I had brillant holiday here and cant wait to come back!"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of August 2011

Great resort, get what you pay for.

Reviewed Tue 19th of July 2011

"Having read the reviews for Sun Beach I was terrified to go on holiday but I actually had a very enjoyable experience! Myself and 5 other friends stayed for a week. The rooms are very basic but I didn't expect much in the first place for the price I paid! The important thing was that they were clean and functional. Our shower had broken on the second day and when we told reception they had it fixed within the hour. Very helpful and friendly staff that are up for a laugh! Everyone was very friendly and had a great attitude. The pool was hygienic enough, they cleaned it every morning. We also got fresh towels and toilet roll every day.
We were all aged 18, I would NOT recommend this place if you want a quiet family holiday as it is on the clubbing strip and most of the residents are there to stay up late to party so obviously it is going to be noisy at night. There was a lot of carrying on there but that was to be expected. For example, someone had stolen a wheelbarrow and filled it with empty bottles and left it outside our door, we saw the funny side of it and wheeled it up the hall a bit!
We were on the first floor and you could hear the music from the club below but we didn't mind as we didn't usually come home before they closed. It may not have air conditioning but there are fans available to rent for 12euro a week, however we survived without them. The resort was very convenient, a 2 minute walk from the beach and the supermarket. Will definitely be returning to Sun Beach!!"

• Travel date: Fri 15th of July 2011

Good spot, bad apartments!

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2011

"Not long back from Sun Beach but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone! its in a great spot, right in the middle of Santa Ponsa only 2 minutes from the beach but with out-dated everything and no ac its a bit of a pain! The Reception staff were awful and the pool was disgusting! out of 6 of us that went swimming 3 got really ill! the cleaners are lovely but do tend to arrive in your hallway at about 7am (usually not long after your getting in) banging and shouting then not doing much when they get to your room.
The staff at reception couldn't be less helpful! on arrival it seemed they didn't even really want you to be there! very very loud at night so definitely not a family resort!
Very clean and very central but look else where! Santa Ponsa will blow your mind! check out Manhattan's Bar it's great!"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of June 2011

nice place to stay but dated

Reviewed Fri 13th of May 2011

"just in the door from Sun Beach .must say not bad apartments decor a little off but what do you expect for a week in the sun.(Go to dubai if you want fancy and pay for it)Plan to be out doors anyway.Apartment clean and bathroom also with great shower.Reception staff were grand always helpful came across a little sharp sometimes but most of all smiled and helped .Clean towels every day. had to ask the first time but received towels every day from that .friendly cleaning ladies.Apartments very close to beach 2min and all pubs and restaurants at the door .cant go wrong really.suits 20-35 age group.a little noisy at night with coming and going but we were out all night too. drinking in zanza bar and daniels corner across the road .good fun would recommend for groups or young couples.

yes it has 2 lifts 1st- 3rd floor and over the bridge and up again to 5,6,7

happy, value for money

Eamonn (Ireland)

• Travel date: Thu 12th of May 2011

July 2010

Reviewed Fri 4th of March 2011

"I myself went on Holiday to Sun Beach Apartments in July last year for 2 weeks and adored the place. I felt the need to write a review to show that it isn't at all a "terrible holiday" or one to "never go back to." The man on the reception was a little grumpy at times but isn't everybody? We stayed on the 7th floor with a lovely roof terrace, there was never any noice although the hotel is situated around alot of bars shops etc. The pool area was lovely and relaxed along with some lovely people who were also staying in the hotel at the same time as us. There is internet access in the hotel and in an internet cafe around the corner which was a big help. I'd highly recommend the bar "Strings" which is right outside the hotel, the nightlife there is a amazing with live performances and the lovely bar staff who give out alot of free drinks to those who become regulars. I went on this holiday with 4 other friends for a "ladies holiday" and we loved it, im 43 and still loving the nightlife out in Majorca. I'd recommend Sun Beach Apparentments to anyone, I couldn't big it up enough. Best holiday I've ever experienced, look forward to returning this year!"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of February 2011

Santa Ponsa 10

Reviewed Fri 3rd of September 2010

"I totally panicked about heading here after reading the reviews! But i was totally surprised! When we first walked in the guy at reception didnt seem to happy but we made some jokes and in 10mins he was our best mate haha! Rooms were basic but we expected that from the price! Very close to beach and pubs and shops :) Good few bars around, shamrock, greenhills all within a 30sec walk! Didnt eat much so cant comment apart from one nite we went out and i had the most amazing pasta ever, was at Mark Anthonys! Few idiots staying at the aparment who thought it was amuzing to throw rubbish from the balconys but besides that it was great and cant wait to go back next year! Would not recommend families to go here, oh and hire a fan its murder if not!"

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of September 2010

Great Holiday

Reviewed Mon 19th of July 2010

"After reading the reviews on the sun beach holiday apartments I was dreading my holiday. On arrival myself and two friends (age range from 42 to 54) were pleasantly surprised. The accomodation was clean and tidy and the added bonus was the sun terrace. I found the staff always pleasant and willing to help with any problems. As we were on the 7th floor we were unable to hear any noise from other holidaymakers. The apartments were situated in a lively part of the town but for the five days we were there we never witnessed any trouble of any kind. I would not hesitate in booking a holiday at Sun Beach apartments again. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of July 2010

Not what I expected

Reviewed Mon 12th of July 2010

"After reading the reviews about Sun Beach part of me was dreading my holiday to Santa Ponsa with my husband and two children (5 and 2.

Our apartment was on the 7th floor It was clean, had a great view of Santa Ponsa and a lovely sun terrace. Although these apartments are right in the lively part of this resort once our door was closed at night we where not disturbed by any noise and all got a good nights sleep!

Staff were all pleasant and helpful and the place had a friendly atmosphere.

The only downside was the kids pool. It was very small and as it was on a rooftop for safety reasons it was not suitable for our 2year old who is a climber!!

All in all an enjoyable 2 weeks, no bother at all."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of July 2010

Hotels near Sun Beach

Top traveller tips for Sun Beach

• amy315 by amy315

"Mrs.Murphys restaurant.. Disco inferno night club.. cafe okay for breakie "

• Ngraham604 by Ngraham604

"Fat Sam's, Pirates Adventure, Mrs Murphys Kitchen, Western Water Park, BCM "

• justtrying2help by justtrying2help

"Fat Sams, Daniel's Bar, Strings "

• JuLiS0345 by JuLiS0345

"Submarine vision boat trip!! Don't miss it! "

• Holiday maker by Holiday maker

"Santa Ponsa is a great resort "

• Laurz by Laurz

"Do not bring kids here! "

• eamonno31 by eamonno31

"Train to sollar through the mountains great get from Palma "

• DRINK! by DRINK!

"Stay out on the town as long as possible! "

• emzyk by emzyk

"Do NOT come if you want to have a relaxing family holiday! If you do make sure you get a room on level 4 or higher! "

• Missdlm by Missdlm

"use it as a base only, don't expect 5 star for 2 star prices! "

• C O'Kane by C O'Kane

"Dont book it in the first place "

Sun Beach is also called