About Plaza Santa Ponsa Boutique Hotel

• sun terrace
  • bicycle rental
  • russian amenities
  • spanish amenities
  • free public parking nearby
  • solarium
  • adults only amenities

A great holiday

Reviewed Thu 21st of June 2012

"My partner and i visited this Hotel May 2011,we had a great time,staff friendly,good choice at breakafst,rooms clean and tidy,the pool is excellent and only five minutes walk to the beach!!
The location is ideal,shops,bars and restaurants only five or ten minutes away and in the evening there are lots of live music in the Irish bars!
To end the evening we would take a stroll back to the Hotel and have a drink and a chat with John the barman(what a genlteman)Cant wait to go back Sept 2012!!

• Travel date: Wed 20th of June 2012

The Plaza - a fantastic hotel !

Reviewed Tue 7th of June 2011

"The Plaza is situated in arguably the best central location in Santa Ponsa. Beach across the road, buses and Taxis right outside.
Staff are the friendliest I have come across in ANY hotel. Extremely helpful - nothing too much bother.
Liked it so much we have booked for three weeks this year!"

• Travel date: Sat 4th of June 2011

Very Friendly

Reviewed Fri 23rd of October 2009

"My husband and i spent 10 relaxing days at this hotel. The staff of this hotel were so friendly it was like meeting friends every day. John at the bar makes the best sangria ever.
The food was good in our opinion the only black mark against was you did not know what the fish was.All the waitresses were very friendly and could not do enough for you.
Thankyou to all at the plaza for making our holiday a special one.Especially lena and little pele "

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of October 2009

extremely well run hotel

Reviewed Tue 7th of July 2009

"We stayed for 1 week at the Plaza and found the standard of cleanliness very high, towels were changed daily and the maid came into the room every day. The location was fantastic for us, very close to the beach, bus stops and the taxi rank is directly outside the hotel, the only downside was the evening meals were a little boring i.e. chips every night but the breakfast more than made up for it also if your room is on the front there is quite a bit of noise from glass bottles being emptied every night and the refuse collectors every morning. The maitre Peter is very helpful be it tourist information or bus numbers and times and the other staff are also very pleasant."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of July 2009

This was my second stay at the plaza in...

Reviewed Sat 28th of June 2008

"This was my second stay at the plaza in three years. My wife and I stayed here with another couple for a sprcial birthday. The satff in all areas of the hotel are very helpful and freindly.Peter who manages the bar and restuarant is always very polite and makes sure that all of the geusts are looked after.The staff in the dinning room are very efficient and again very freindly especialy Martha.The food in the hotel is ok but we did eat out on a couple of occasions.The hotel is kept clean and tidy at all times we had maid service every day with clean towels.This hotel is ideal for couples young and old and is situated in an ideal area of Santa Ponsa with the beech at your door. Visit Jackie's restuarant for a nice meal situated next to burger king, and for a good hearty breakfast visit Ricky's next to the Portofino apartments. For entertainment check out the square lots of live tribute shows every night or the Irish bars.The Dubliner is always in full swing."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of June 2008

Certainly NOT 3 star

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"I have just come back from the Hotel Plaza (Mar 08 - 16, 2008) and have to say it was rather lacking.
The first few guests to arrive were told that the kitchen wasn't ready for them so they had to go next door to have a pizza (paid for by hotel). We were pleased we were just bed and breakfast! Breakfast was the usual buffet style, nice at 8am - rather congealed by 10am. The electrics were very basic with switches tripping and machines going on and off continually which made making toast rather tricky as it had to go through the machine 3 times anyway to get a bit of colour on the (stale) bread!
The bar was situated in the dining room so that was a performance getting a drink after the restaurant was closed!
The rooms were supposed to have TV, hairdryer and mini bar. None of them did! We did have a room safe (which we had to pay for) but that's usual.
We ran out of loo paper in our room as the maids didn't bother to replace it and we were given an industrial one by reception - how charming! But the rooms were cleaned everyday and the towels changed nearly everyday too.
However, the staff were very friendly (especially Peter and Maria) and helpful but the hotel is dated and needs bringing into the 21st Century. The wallpaper in the rooms is so last century! Oh, and the walls are paper thin. We were kept awake for three nights by a couple of Spanish lovers from the other side of the Island who gave a command performance at least 3 times a night. They deserved a round of applause for their stamina but as mine had now been badly depleted from lack of sleep I hadn't the energy.
The chairs in the hotel 'lounge' were like Wendy chairs and you had to sit with your knees up by your chin - not very lady-like. I was glad I smoked as I had to go outside and sit on the chairs on the terrace - they were lovely and comfortable.
There was supposed to be an indoor pool and a games room - we never did find them so they must have hidden them extremely well!
Compare this hotel to other 3 star hotels in Santa Ponsa and you would say it was only 1 star.
All the guests referred to the place as Fawlty Towers - and I have to agree.
If I want to stay in a 3 star hotel in Santa Ponsa in future it won't be in this one!"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of March 2008

it was clean

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"i stayed in the plaza hotel in santa ponsa in october 07 with my partner and my 2 and a half year old son,my sister and her partner and my mother and father, the first impressions i got was it was spotless the lounge area was imaculate, when we got to our room i thought it was nice the bathroom was spotless and marble, the maids were in every day and they were very pleasant people and always put time of to speak to my son they worked very hard,the two bar men were great with my son and couldnt do enough for u they were always pleasant and very helpfull, the receptionists were quite quiet and didnt speak much english aswell as the waiter and waitresses, the food was disgusting, there was chips and potatoes for breakfast which i found a bit strange, the chicken wasnt cooked properly, basically my family lived on chips for dinner the full holiday which i was quite angry at as we payed for full board and hardly ate from the restaraunt, the pool was freezing not 1 person went into it, we had to go to the beach for a swim in the sea,and the ground around the pool was infested with ants,and there was no entertainment atall in the hotel, good job there was a taxi rank out the front as we went into magaluf alot as the pubs in santa ponsa were empty and some closed,the thing that kept us going in the hotel was the other friendly guests,some guests complained of sewridge smrlls in their rooms thankfully we didnt have that problem,overall a clean hotel with friendly staff but rotten food, i would recomend this hotel to elderly people who want a quiet relaxing holiday,its certainly not for famillies or young couples"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of February 2008

Not the best But certainly not the worst

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Stayed in the Plaza for a week end of September
Booked with some friends through seguro travel.

As always I am trying not to nit pick and to be fair

The good side has to be the staff
They where more than helpful on all occasions
Even during the hurricane of that week, they where steadfast,
I sincerely hope, although I doubt it,
There employer appreciates them.

On the food front well it was adequate but no choice for veggies.
The pool is situated at the back was cold
And can only be described as uninviting
Not a hotel suitable for kids

There was only one exception on the staff front
The lady on reception
Who, after I complained about the bad smell in the loo
Which I may add, greeted me every morning
Told me it was a problem all hotels had in Santa ponsa
And nothing to do with the Plazas plumbing system,

Hhmm –Well for some reason I felt embarrassed
As I duly informed her I was in fact a sanitary engineer
And I would be delighted to point out to the manager if he where to consult me, how exactly, this problem could be solved.

The manager never did contact me.

To be fair they did offer me an other room and then eventually
After a talk with the Seguro rep-- another hotel.
This I refused,
For the very reason it would have Left me on my own
In another hotel and away from the very friends
I wanted to be with.

So-- from a combination of breathing through a towel while having a pee and continually blocking the drains at night with either a used Towel or tissue I reluctantly survived and stayed till the end of the week.
And I suppose its just as well us Brits are made of sterner stuff."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of November 2007

Great weather

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Just returned from a very pleasant week at the hotel, and would return again, but not for the food,sadly, a lack of choice and not much imagination.The room was comfortable and clean, the staff very nice and attentive.Not a hotel for children, although the beach is two minutes away through the small pine woods full of green parakeets.Plenty of shops and bars and cafe`s both ways, within minutes from the hotel.
Can be a little noisy from traffic, there`s a taxi rank outside the hotel, and the hotel is on a busy roundabout.
Would be suitable for those with impared walking as this hotel has a lift and this part of Santa Ponsa is all on the flat.
All in all value for money it was a very good holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of September 2007

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Just spent afew days at this hotel and thought it was really good.
Ideal location, basic but good food, very clean and all the staff and other guests were really friendly.
Would stay here again."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of June 2007

value for money

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"hotel staff were very plesant rooms are small but very clean and cleaned every day Food menu a bit limited but all food cooked very well and unlimited amounts
IF weather is bad unforyunately no facilities for shildren but otherwise we enjoyed our stay."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of April 2007

My friend, her son and I went here, we f...

Reviewed Tue 13th of February 2007

"My friend, her son and I went here, we found too be very pleasant.

Rooms were basic but nice clean and were cleaned everyday. Plenty of clean towels, and sheets. Had a balcony with nice view.

Food was very nice, as for us being on half board, we usually missed our breakfast, think it was from 830 till 1030 unfortunately we always slept in and couldn't get anything, even if we were 10 minutes late.

Staff were very nice and friendly always willing to help.

Had a small pool which was always freezing cold, and I mean cold.

Beach was just across the road about 1 minutes walk, it was beautiful with white sand and green blue water warm water lovely and very clean.

Shops were 5 minutes walk very handy.

I will go back here it’s was great would recommend this resort and hotel. Very pleasant."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of February 2007

Hotels near Plaza Santa Ponsa Boutique Hotel

Top traveller tips for Plaza Santa Ponsa Boutique Hotel

• ruffusblue30 by ruffusblue30

"marineland, 2 hour boat trip "

• VICKYPLUM by VICKYPLUM

"Tonys across from hotel lovely food and cold beer "

• Plastic Freud by Plastic Freud

"Jaggy Thistle is within easy staggering distance to the Plaza "

• Andrew M by Andrew M

"Have a nice long walk to the Harbour its worth it!! "

Plaza Santa Ponsa Boutique Hotel is also called