About OLA Apartamentos Bouganvillia

• solarium
  • catalan amenities

Bar staff

Reviewed Wed 7th of September 2016

"We all got on very well with the bar staff at the pool especially Patrica who gave us her full name to look up on Facebook but we lost it when we got home so is it possible to get her full name please so we can send photos we took with the kids thank you!"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of August 2016

Disappointing

Reviewed Fri 24th of July 2015

"Just back from Bougainvillea Apart Hotel ,Run down,poor decor, needs refurbished,kitchen UN-useable,air condition broke down several times,noise at night-time terrible,people drinking at poolside,children running riot,Staff very helpful,went to beach everyday to avoid having to go stay at complex,Needs refurbished completely,stayed here four or five years ago,will definitely not return"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of July 2015

we loved it!

Reviewed Wed 20th of May 2015

"Just got back from this Ola Aparthotel. Both of us are over 60, and we're apprehensive about this place after reading the reviews, but decided to give it a go. So glad we did! The apartment was lovely, told fashioned but selflessly clean. Maids came in every other day and we're very pleasant and polite. All the staff were very helpful and courteous and they all spoke English. The pool area has recently been refurbished, lots of numbers and follies. Bit of a walk to the beach, especially if you use a walking stick, but taxi only 4euros and the reception will call for you. All in all a lovely holiday, well done Olga bougainvillaea!"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of May 2015

filthy

Reviewed Wed 25th of July 2012

"Just returneed from 10 days in these filthy studio rooms advertised that it could sleep 4 adults couldnt swing a cat small wardrobe, no drawers. filthy bedside cabinet filthy kitchen area 21 euros for a kettle !!! 5 Euros pwer day for WiFI, hopelesss if you have teenagers with you horrendous snack bar frozen food!!!! overpriced pool disgusting surrounding tiles all broken and loose very dangerous if you have young children pool beds broken and filthy parasols broken with spokes hanging out, cockroaches, bins in corridors stink, no entertainment as advertised !!!! This place would be condemmed if in the uk oh and not to forget the filth courtesy shower room do not go here if you have young children "

• Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2012

WONDERFUL STAY IN OLA BOUGANVILLA

Reviewed Tue 19th of June 2012

"Only back from a weeks holiday in these apartments,have to say the place was great. Staff very friendly. Had my 2 grandaughters age 6 and 8 and my 3 daughters they loved the place too. After reading some of the reviews we were very apprehensive,but some people are just very hard to please. I would recommend the bouganvilla apatrtments to anyone who wants a fabulous holiday for a very reasonable price."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of June 2012

wont go back

Reviewed Thu 22nd of July 2010

"I had my doubts about this place before i even went. Room was rundown and extreamly grotty.Was surprised i only saw one cockroach!! A filthy ring of slimy greasey suncream around pool.Staff were very friendly and helpfull though. our groundfloor room was surrounded by trees and bushes so had no view at all. "

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of July 2010

Dont go, Ever

Reviewed Wed 21st of July 2010

"On holiday with husband, and another couple. Two rooms booked. Not a cheap holiday! Three star accommodation (4 keys on the poolside menus). This place is 2 star at best.
Having read the reviews, we had packed our earplugs and were expecting some noise, but hoped that the majority of the bad reviews were over reactions. WRONG.
We arrived just after 2pm and one of the rooms was ready because the people who had checked out of the other room, according to the receptionist, had been "very messy". We got into the room at 6pm. It was still filthy. I had to wash all the dishes and cutlery. It was as though the cloth to "clean" to floors had then been used to wash the dishes. We complained, and when the room was eventually cleaned again, it was done properly.
Air conditioning in either room didn’t work for the first 36 hours (night temperature inside the rooms nearly 30 degrees!). When you check in, make sure that both parts of the sensors are fitted to the patio doors. In our rooms, one part had been removed (to save the cost of one day air con perhaps). Also, air con is only on from 1500 – 1900 and 2300 – 0700 each day. This is not made clear in any of the hotel literature.
We were on the 6th floor. We had three cockroaches in the room. They came in through the broken/ rotten door frame in the bathroom. We bought a spray which we used twice a day. This was effective because any other roaches found in the room were dead.
The main accommodation building appears to be all studios, and the noise at night from the other rooms was unbearable. Not unusual to have shouting, singing, arguments, doors being knocked and banged etc all through the night. From midnight until normally around 5am each morning during our first week. We were also lucky enough to be serenaded by a clown who was howling like a dog on his balcony for a few hours (0300 – 0500) one night. Earplugs do not block that out!
We complained each night to the night porter, who did go up and ask them to be quite, but it didn’t work. The hotel has notices on each floor that continuous noise after midnight would result in people being removed from the premises. I don’t see this ever being enforced.
The pool area is not very clean at all. The beds are filthy and many are broken. Smokers don’t use ashtrays or the bins. Rubbish was left by the pool and on the poolside. On one occasion the contents of a nappy was smeared on the tiles.
Although there are notices all round stating that glass is not allowed at the poolside, parents have their crates of Bacardi breezers or beer bottles at their loungers and would rather drink that that stop their children from throwing items at other guests. The projectiles included a snorkel and face mask, buckets of water, balls etc. No parent chastised these children. Drinking was more important. Scumbags. I paid for my own holiday and probably paid for these peoples holiday too through their benefits.
Santa Ponsa is an okay place. The beach is nice and there are many good restaurants. If you are not Irish, avoid to the Irish bars and restaurants, of which there are many. You are not made welcome
I will never be back to an Ola hotel, or Santa Ponsa, and in fact this experience has made me consider if I would go back to Majorca again."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of July 2010

I stayed at the Bouganvillia in August 2...

Reviewed Sun 6th of January 2008

"I stayed at the Bouganvillia in August 2007, I have to be honest I hated it. It was probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I stayed there 13 years ago with my own parents and it hasn't changed much since.

To start with you can't get a seat at the pool you would want to be up at the crack of dawn, the staff were ignorant and the kids were running riot in it. I looked over my balcony at one stage and there was a little boy in the pool on his own as his parents sat drinking on their balcony four floors up.

The entertainment for the kids was very poor and probably lasted ten minutes each night. Myself and my family always found ourselves down in the Spanish square where you guaranteed some entertainment. Overall Santa Ponsa wasn't a bad place but the only thing I looked forward to on my holiday was the flight home! I can honestly say I wont be back there any time soon."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of January 2008

Loved every minute of our stay

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We had a lovely stay in hotel bouganvillia, the entertainers were brilliant and all the kids there loved them and had a ball at the kids disco's. And we had some laughs at the entertainment shows at night time. So a big thanks to all the entertainers for helping to make my childs first holiday abroad memorable for him. He cant wait for next year to come around now because he wants to go back to the same place.
Thanks from Niamh in Offaly"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of September 2007

Don't beleive the hype!

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"I heard great reports about this hotel but my own experience was just okay. The rooms are tiny. There is good enterainment for the kids during the day and at night but the enterainment for adults in the evening is so bad it is almost funny. The food at the pool bar is delicious though. Maybe this hotel would be better at off peak times rather then August as it was too full, there was no sunbeds to lie on, no room in the pool, no tables at the resturant etc. Overall is was okay but I wouldn't go again."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of September 2007

rooms tiny

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"just got back on sunday traveled with husband and three kids(11,5,and1).the hotel enterainment was great and had a lot for the kids to do and the pool was great but would not go back and stay.the rooms were tiny you could sit on the bed and make dinner, two people could not stand in the bathoom at the same time, we had to leave the coffee table and two chairs on the balcony to make room for the cot.The walls were paper thin and you could hear the conversation the couple next door were having.also people were sitting around the bar at the pool sometimes untill 4 in the morning and we all found it very hard to sleep. The cleaning left a lot to be desired the sheets were changed once a week but they didnt do the cot or the pull out bed till i complained and we also had cockroaches.on the plus side the kids club was fantastic and the staff very nice. would be a great hotel if it wasnt for the rooms."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of September 2007

This hotel leaves a lot to be desired

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We Stayed in the Ola Aparthotel Bouganvilla just came back on Saturday. I was very disappointed - rooms were only cleaned every 3 days, clean towels were provided every 3 days, ben linen changed once a week. The Air Conditioning was controlled by management, and when it was on it wasn't much use. The fridge wasn't working and the studio was infested by ants. Outside was no better, the pool area was dirty. It was the worst accommodation i have ever stayed in. Budget travel have it rated as 4 keys, thats a joke, 2 keys would be sufficient. Also the budget travel brochure outlines that the beach is only 900 mts away, that is very misleading, it was almost double that. We were very disappointed overall and will never be back. From Ann Waters."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of September 2007

Hotels near OLA Apartamentos Bouganvillia

Top traveller tips for OLA Apartamentos Bouganvillia

• Murray064 by Murray064

"Dining in Santa Ponsa is great. "

• angela O by angela O

"LOVED THE SQUARE, AND ALSO GREAT FOOD IN BOSTON BRADYS. "

OLA Apartamentos Bouganvillia is also called