Brilliant apartments

Reviewed Mon 15th of August 2011

"This was our 3rd visit to Santa Ponsa and by far the best accommodation we have stayed in there. We had a one bedroom apartment for myself, husband, 6 year old and a 1 year old. When booking we requested a first floor apartment with a pool view and thats what we got on arrival. Very friendly staff. Apartments immaculate, regularly cleaned. Great pool for adults and the kids. Pool area immaculate too. Plenty of sunbeds available. First class resort. Will definetely be back to these apartments next year."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of August 2011

CasaBlanca Dissapointment

Reviewed Tue 16th of June 2009

"Was really disapointing, Food very repitive and of low standard- food being put out the next day if wasnt eaten. Table cloth if dirty, wasnt washed just simply turned the other way, we had to walk down 3 flights of stairs with a baby, baby pram and 4 suitcases - although they had lifts on the top floors only and put us on the bottom floor (even thought we requested a high floor with a lift and the hotel was 70% full). Staff werent very friendly atall, didnt tell us eating times,where facilities where loacted etc. Activities on the brochure where not actaully around in santa ponsa or not even there. Room was quite spacious, apart from a light hanging off the wall-which the baby could stick her fingers into, water running down the wall all night and the ocassional cockroach - also the maid had changed one of our beds with a blanet which had vomit on. The beach wasnt that nice as there was cigarettes and rubbish in the sand, i have to admit the bar were nice other than the expensive of 40 euros to eat each night , as the food in the hotel was unsatifactory. Wouldnt come back again )="

• Travel date: Mon 15th of June 2009

we stayed in the casablanca august 2008...

Reviewed Wed 17th of September 2008

"we stayed in the casablanca august 2008 i couldnt fault it the rooms were spotless cleaned every day and towels changed every day. The food was very good i had 2 finnicky kids with me but they found something every day to satisfy them and no complaints especially with the full english breakfasts every day cooked fresh in front of you. All the staff were very pleasant not a sour face in sight. The manager was always around checking things were running ok and he always had time to chat. The pool area was good not as noisy as i thought for august. There was a steep hill to the hotel from the beach but not enough to spoil our stay. There was no entertainment at the hotel which was the only fault we went to the gran santa ponsa hotel and enjoyed their shows most nights. I would certainly go back to this hotel and so say my kids."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2008

loved the hotel and resort

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"lovely quiet family hotel no noise after10 o clock in the night heaven.food excellent staff friendly spotlessly clean.first class hotel.downside ; a bit hilly no tea making facilities or fridge in rooms and a bit of dog poo in the area.upside;excellent hotel i will be booking again for next year fabulous holiday and resort .spanish square is first class for children and adults if you want entertainment .book the hotel casablanca if you want a first class holiday.our poolside entertainment was provided by ken barbie and the barbettes.beach wonderful if you want a stress free holiday book the casablanca hotel santa ponsa and you will not be disappointed and i am not easily pleased."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of September 2008

Good outweighs bad

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"I had read the reviews on the net which sounded great, so I expected a lot. It didn't quite match up but it was still good. The hotel is very clean and tidy throughout. The pool is lovely - just the right size and you never struggle for a sunbed no matter what time of day you go there - this was a big plus for us. The room was simple but had everything you need - however we were in room 212 and it is right below the restaurant! If you get a room on that corridor expect some noise between 8am -9.45 and 7pm-9pm. It wasn't a major problem for us, but it would be for a light sleeper. The rest of the hotel was extremely peaceful and quiet.- no night time noise or idiots. As for the food - breakfast was good - continental or cooked. Evening meal - not so great - not a lot of choice, not labelled, - ended up eating out most evenings. The worst bit about the restaurant is you are given a table at your 1st meal where you are expected to sit for the duration of your stay - if there are only 2 of you this means sharing a table with strangers, which we were not keen on. This review might not sound very positive, but we had a lovely holiday - totally relaxing - near the action but not right in it. The few negatives we found when we first got there were soon wiped out by the overall atmosphere of the place. Lovely resort, nice hotel, so-so food, great holiday!"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of August 2008

We have just returned home from spending...

Reviewed Sun 10th of August 2008

"We have just returned home from spending 7 nights at this great hotel (the best 3* we have ever stayed at). The food was great, the staff very friendly and couldn't do enough for you the rooms were spotless. The pool areas were great and there were no argument over sunbeds.

The only downside was the attitude towards smoking. No smoking in bedrooms or restaurant but in the bar areas to was horrible and even out on the terraces. But this did not spoil our stay.

Our only wish is that they could move this hotel to another resort. Santa Ponsa is not our cup of tea - why do people go on holiday to do the same things they do at home. Drink too much, watch football in their tedious replica shirts and eat egg and chips at the local "British" pub - but there you go each to their own."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of August 2008

me and my boyfriend just got back from t...

Reviewed Wed 30th of July 2008

"me and my boyfriend just got back from this hotel, We was very suprised at what we see the hotel was very spacious and clean, the maids couldnt do enough for you, the food was nice in the restaurant, there is alot of steps you have to walk to get to the pool and then back to your room, there is no noise at night of drunken people coming in, the hotel was suitable for young couples, or families with babies as there is no entertainment for kids, the hotel is 5-10 minute walk to the beach and nightlife, there are restaurants, bars and nightlife you can choose from, the rooms were very clean and spacious, definatly recommend this hotel to anyone whos planning to go spain, it just suitable for everyone! and the good thing for ladies and some men is that you never have to fight to get sunbeds there are always some everywhere! all in all very good hotel and holiday!"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

I have just come back from a holiday in...

Reviewed Mon 14th of July 2008

"I have just come back from a holiday in Mallorca, santa ponsa, hotel Casablanca with my husband, daughter and 4 other members of the family.
When we first arrived at the hotel we werent very impressed but this was because we arrived early hours at 5am and we could not see the full view of the hotel. The next morning after viewing the hotel we were very satisfied and impressed with the hotel. we could not fault the large lagoon shape pool as it was suitable for everyone. Our rooms were quite spacious and our bathroom was too. They were very clean and tidy with a good range of facilities. We were very impressed with the size on our balcony and our view from our room. After our first breakfast and evening meal we knew that there would be no faults with the food. We descibed it as "the best food we had ever tasted abroad". Staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. I would recommend this hotel for most people although ther was very little access for the disabled as ther was no lifts down to the pool and there was a lot of steps to climb. Another fault is that there wasn't much entertainment for the young children so i would recommend it for familys with older children and couples. we will definately be returning to this hotel!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of July 2008

A Lovely Hotel

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at this Hotel in June and were generally very happy with it. All areas in the hotel are kept very clean and the staff are very friendly.

The food was a bit hit and miss. If you like hot breakfasts I would suggest going down at 8 am because some mornings the eggs and bacon were stone cold. Also if there are only two of you in your party you may find yourselves table sharing which my husband and I did not like at all. There was not much in the way of entertainment although whilst we were there they had flamenco and a singer (she was very good).

The resort of Santa Ponsa is lovely and so pretty. There are many eating places and bars. Palma is only 12 miles away and a short local bus ride away which is definitely worth a visit.

Overall I was happy with this lovely hotel and would return but perhaps with the grandchildren so we wouldnt have to table share."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of July 2008

Loved The Break

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the hotel Casablanca and the hotel is spotlessly clean the staff are very friendly and good with children. The hotel room had four beds and ample wardrobe space and the balcony was big enough for us all to sit out and have something to eat and drink. not big enough for more than one person to sunbathe on a lilo but they had plenty of sunbeds around the pool with chairs and tables also and umbrellas for the shade and a table tennis table and a pool table under a shaded area at the side of the pool and also a bar which served snacks etc these were very good. The pool was split into two a babys pool and a large pool which was kept clean our kids had a great time at the pool side. The only fault I could say was that there were many stairs down to the pool and no lift access but they did have a lift access next door in the apartments which any guest who had difficulty with stairs were able to use.

We were half board whilst we stayed there and the food was good but not a lot of variety and it could do with improving the choices for children we did approach our rep to ask if the kids menu could include the usual, chicken nuggets, sausages etc and they did accommodate the kids on a few evenings and also I had to ask for the pasta to be plain for one of my sons and the chef made it for him so although the choices were not huge they did accommodate you if you required something. The times for breakfast was 8.00 am until 9.45 am and the dinner was from 7.00pm until 9.00 pm so you had plenty of time to go to either. The restraunt was immaculate and the waiting staff were excellent.

The only thing I would say if you were looking for entertainment in the hotel for kids etc we did not have any during our stay but then it meant you could come back from many of the pubs etc and have a quiet sleep and before I went I read the reviews about this hotel and some people had said that to be where of the night porter but I must admit we found him very nice and he was good with the kids and we had an early morning flight and he gave everyone tea and coffee before their pick up so the reviews which said beware of the night porter must have had a bad day because throughout our stay he could not have been more helpful.

I must admit I enjoyed my stay at the Casablanca hotel it was also quite central to Santa Ponsa itself all in all I would return to this hotel with no hesitation and if you have children and you want a hotel that has a kids club do not book this hotel but if you would like to go out for enteratainment and have a good nights sleep then this is the hotel for you.

I would certainly bring my family back."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of June 2008

Simply The Best.

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"The best holiday hotel, best for comfort, best for food, best for cleanliness, with really friendly and helpful staff, in fact, it has spoilt us for anywhere else.
We will be there again this year ! (Harry and Barbara Coles)"

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of March 2008

Hotel Casablanca Great Value!

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Stayed at the Casablanca for a week at the end of October 2007.Booked a cheap last minute deal with Thomas Cook and dont think we would have got a better hotel for the money.The hotel is clean and the food was better than I expected.You would have to be a really fussy eater to find fault.My daughter can be fussy but even she thought it was great.Friendly staff & good service in the bar & restaurant. Nice pool area but down quite a few steps so maybe a bit of a struggle for some.Well situated in what looks a quieter area but as it was the last week of the season the whole resort was quiet.I agree with the travellers who said tea or coffee making facilities in room would be good.Enjoyed our stay and would definately reccomend the Casablanca"

• Travel date: Wed 31st of October 2007

Hotels near Hotel y Apartamentos Casablanca

Top traveller tips for Hotel y Apartamentos Casablanca

• 1235688 by 1235688

"Would, but not the hotel "

• evan17 by evan17

"Go self catering - loads of fantastic restaurants to choose from all within walking distance "

Hotel y Apartamentos Casablanca is also called