We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Hotel Golf Beach

Avenida Rei Jaume I 106, 07180 Santa Ponsa, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Good

Brilliant Stay! Def Give it a try!!

"I have been to Santa Ponsa eight times now, 5 with my parents and siblings, so I have been to some of the best hotels in the resort (Hesperia, Pionero, Punta Del Mar etc). However, my boyfriend and I had booked a cheapy last min deal and we decided upon the Golf Beach. I cannot praise it enough and I have visited some of the more luxurious hotels. It is a 2 star but the hotel is absolutely spotless, the rooms are quite big with comfy beds and a decent size balcony. The pool area again is spotless, loads of sun loungers considering and a fair size pool which runs shallow to deep so it caters for kids also. Breakfast is very simple, continental, but for 2 stars you can't fault it. The three gents, esp Peter, who run the hotel are so nice and approachable if you need any info! And chatty! Also their is a nice bar area that serves great grub with a pool table and shows sky digital for all us football fanatics who can't do without sky sports news for a week! The only marginal fault is there is no air conditioning but I think you are able to hire fans from reception. Overall, I thought it was great and I recommend it to anyone. Families, couples, massive groups of friends or single travellers. Just a fab wee hotel!"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of September 2007

A fab hotel in every way apart from the lack of air con and breakfast!

"We stayed at the Golf beach hotel for just under a week and had an very good experience. The staff are brilliant and very chatty as other reviewers have stated, but i barely slept at all until we hired a fan. Our room had a ceiling fan but despite this and the fan, we were still too hot and barely spent a minute more than we had to in the room. The breakfast was basic but the hotel bar made up for it as it had a wonderful lunchtime menu and choice of drinks. I particularly enjoyed the pool and the location of the hotel is excellent. On the whole, a wonderful place, but better in cooler weather i think!"

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

A brilliant, friendly, clean hotel.

"Perfectly positioned in Santa Ponsa. Near essential places such as Supermarkets, Bus and Taxi stops, wonderful restaurants and beach, but far enough away (though not too far - a short walk along the sea front) from the bustling Irish/Scottish pub and club end of the town. You can enjoy the nightlife but then come away from it for a quiet sleep!
Quiet, exceptionally clean pool area. Lovely all-night bar and friendly staff.
Spotless rooms and bathrooms.
I would definitely come back to Golf Beach and Santa Ponsa."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of August 2007

Brillaint hotel!

"We stayed in this hotel the first 2 weeks in July and had an absolutely brilliant time! The hotel was spotless and the hotel staff were extremely friendly, they wouldn't pass you without saying hello and were on hand if anything went wrong. The pool are was small, quiet and well kept. Although we did pay for the breakfast as part of the hotel price, we were never actually up early enough to eat it so we cant give our opinion on that aspect! Food from their lunch time menu was gorgeous and you probably couldn't find it cheaper anywhere near by!

The resort itself is beautiful, the beach is a few minutes walk from the hotel, there are cheap day trips available from kiosks beside the hotel to the water parks and marine-land etc. The hotel is about 5-8 minutes walk from the night life of Santa Ponsa which is great because seeing as a lot of the bars don't close until 6, you're away from the noise of the main street so you can get a decent night's sleep! We recommend this hotel without doubt!

Restaurants-wise, we would recommend the Japanese restaurant just facing the hotel towards th beach and the Chinese above Dicey Reilly's in the main street. For young and lively bars, we recommend Strings, Daniels Corner or The Irish Tavern to start you off, and then Green Hills, Bar Code 7 and Fama for the foam party for a really good night in Santa Ponsa!! Oh and BCM in Magaluf too!

Bronagh and Grainne (both 18)"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007

Great hotel for fab price

"Brilliant 2* hotel and far better than most 3 & 4*s I've stayed in. If you prefer small rather than large this is definitely the hotel to book. We booked using TripAdvisor recommendations and got a great deal with Expedia.

Has all the facilities you need (bar, pool table, TV, small pool and sunbeds at the back and you can even use their lilos and best of all it is kept spotlessly clean everywhere.

We were lucky enough to have a room on the front with a huge balcony. Was a bit noisy as most of the reports say but it wasn't in the midst of all the pubs and bars at the opposite end of the resort which is really busy and loud. Breakfast was a bit basic but I agree with other reports - what do you expect for the price. You do get a choice of a couple of cereals and there is bread to toast with jam, marmalade, ham and cheesespread, juice and coffee. Couldn't fault anything in the hotel and I couldn't believe how quite the pool area was in the middle of August.

Was 3 minutes walk from the beach and there is a good selections of restaurants. If you want it lively go to the Irish quarter - just follow the road along the beach and turn right. Would recommend Crocodillos - fantastic ribs."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of August 2007

Superb hotel which belies its 2* status

"We (my girlfriend and I, both 18) booked this hotel through a website and were immediately attracted by its proximity to not only the beach but also two supermarkets and plenty of eating places. Obviously in this regard it did not disappoint. If we were being honest we were not expecting too much from a 2* hotel, the cheapest on the website we booked it through. How wrong we were. We could have paid double and not enjoyed a better stay. From the outset we were made to feel welcome and the service we received throughout was first rate. The rooms are cleaned (and left spotless) everyday and the towels changed every other day. The pool is kept very clean and is open from 10am-8pm and the bar food is very tasty and very cheap, ranging from toasties and jacket potatoes, to spaghetti bolognese and chicken curry. The service from Peter and Tony was superb, both going out of their way to help us find the new Harry Potter book, which was released during our stay.
Santa Ponsa itself is a lively place with plenty to do not only there but also in Palmanova and Magalluf, both short taxi rides under 10Euros away. We particularly enjoyed Golf Fantasia (10.50Euros each) and Western Park (20Euros each) and would recommend to both places to anyone staying nearby.
As far as food is concerned, there is a good mix of snack bars and restaurants. We ate lunch most days at the hotel because it was the nicest and also the cheapest. In the evening we enjoyed the Watering Hole and Crocodillos particularly and would also recommend the Chinese buffet at only 9Euros a head.
Overall, our stay was a thoroughly enjoyable one and we would recommend Hotel Golf Beach to anyone looking to visit Majorca. As soon as we can get the money together we'll be back there ourselves!!
Liz and Luke (both 18)
West Midlands"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2007

Love it!! Brill

Good

"We stay in this hotel at least twice a year!!! I came across it by chance on the internet and just love the place. The hotel is clean and comfortable, it's not a five star hotel by any means and the facilties are basic. However this also reflects on the price and it is a bargain.

Peter and Tony who run the hotel are just brilliant and really make your holiday, with information on restuarants and things to do. Nothing is to much trouble for them!!

The only problem I had with the Golf Beach was the breakfast, Yuck!! Although now I just bring my own cereal and bread.

Santa ponsa can be anything you want lively or peaceful. We stay in the Golf Beach and eat in the many top restaurants each evening. I like coming back in the evening to the small friendly hotel. Were we can have a night cap or just relax!

Lisa"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of July 2007

One of the best hotels i have ever stayed in

"I booked this hotel on hotels.com and it cost me £29 a night for a twin bed room with balcony, en-suite bathroom AND breakfast included! i stayed here with my mate so the room cost us £14.50 per night each! what a bargain!

Firstly the hotel is in a perfect location, situated just 3mins walk from the beach, the street also has a supermarket, several banks and take-aways and even a 24hr convenience store next door. the main bus stop is also just 3mins walk. From there you can take the 102 to Palma or the 104 to magaluf.

as for the hotel its self, well where do i start, the staff there are very friendly, it is a small hotel (36 rooms) so there is a very family feel to the place, the staff always smile and say hello to you when you walk downstairs and make conversation with you as you sit at the bar.

The hotel has 2 computers downstairs where you can access the internet at a low cost - 1 euro for 10mins. there is also a pool table downstairs which is charged at 1.50. The swimming pool is fairly small but is perfect for the hotel, it was never overcrowded when we went down there and we found that it was empty after 6pm, perfect if you've been out all day and fancy a dip when you get back. they also supply lilos to relax on.

The rooms are very spacious and all feature en-suite bathrooms, a spacious balcony where you can sit and have a nice drink and in-room safes (there is a charge of 13euros plus 3 euro deposit but its well worth it if you want to lock away your valuables) The beds are very comfortable and i would reccomend sleeping with your balcony door open as it gets very hot at night even with the air conditioning on!

Breakfast is very basic but enough to get you by, toast, jams, hams and cereal with plenty of juice and a selection of hot drinks including hot choc, coffee and cappacino. If you want something bigger there is a cafe 5mins away for 6euros.

Santa Ponsa itself is a beautiful resort, fairly small and a lot quieter than the more commerical resorts like el arenal and magaluf. the beach is gorgeous and there are lots of good restaurants to eat in, i would personally recommend the following:

Fat Sams - If you like burgers try the smokehouse! it is huge and comes with fries for just 11euros, drinks are also fairly cheap!

Crocodillos - All you can eat ribs for 16euros! your first plate comes with chips and veg, after that you just ask for as many more portions as you like!

The watering hole - didnt eat here much, but the drinks are well priced (smirnoff ice 3.50 a bottle and specials 2 fosters or coronas for 5euros) the pub also features 2 computers and a large swimming pool outback!

There is also a very nice chinese buffet restaurant on the corner of the street adjacent to the taxi rank, its name escapes me but you can get a 3 course all you can eat buffet for 10euros and drinks are very cheap too!

there are many great attractions in the local areas but i would personally recommend the following

Western water park - a great place to go, slides suitable for all the family, a great place for kids with the stunt shows and sealions shows but plenty to keep the older ones amused ( the beast which is one of the steepest slides ive ever been on! and ive been to the florida waterparks!

Aqualand El Arenel - if you wana go to aqualand then make it the one at El Arenel, it is the biggest waterpark in mallorca and has some amazing slides, the best one being banzai! where you carry a sled up to the top of a slide, go down it then ski along the surface! so addictive!

NB El Arenel is 30mins from santa ponsa and will cost you around 40euros in a taxi but it is well worth it. MAKE SURE you make it clear to the taxi driver you are going to El Arenal, i told our driver 5 times not Magaluf but he took us there anyway and ot very frustrated and even began muttering under his breath in spannish when we said we wanted El Arenel.

To finish - stay in this hotel, its the best bargain in the nicest resort you will ever find! not a single bad thing to say about the golf beach"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of July 2007

A Wonderfull 2* Hotel

"I have just returned back from a long weekend at this hotel and was so happy with it that I had to write.Its a small very well run hotel with fantastic people who run it every part inside and out is very clean one slite problem is the noise from the road and people making a noise late at night .Very close to the beach bars and shops we will go back some day soon I hope"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of May 2007

Not so bad for a two star hotel except noise

Good

"We stayed at this hotel for 7 days at October.
Rooms are cleaned every day and the towels changes every other day.
The hotel is quite cheap and very well located, only a few minute walk to beach and restaurants.
But it's noisy because firstly it's situated near the main avenue of Santa Ponsa and secundly the sound of the TV located near the bar is high from 8h00 to midnight. To be able to sleep, I needed to buy fill ears.
The breakfast is very simple, cereals, jam, toast and ham and cheese but you can take it only from 7h30 to 9h30. After 9h30, it's too late and the waiter closes all without negociation."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

a fantastic little hotel

"I have stayed at the golf beach hotel 3 times in as many years and on every visit the staff are as always very friendly unlike a lot of hotels they make you feel welcome and always ready to chat with you.The whole hotel is spotless inside and out.Set only 3 minutes walk from the beach and as many bars as you could wish for .on a evening take a stroll up to the square for live entertainment with a good range of bars and cafes."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of February 2016

No aircon. and very noisy. Stay somewhere else.

"Please do not consider this hotel as an option for your stay because it has no air con. and you will be sick with the heat of majorca. They charge you 10 euros for each fan and they are not much help (3 people = 3 fans = 30 Euros) and the noise at night is unbearable. Good hotel for the deaf if staying during the cold winter. You have been warned.
Santa Ponsa is a good place to visit though and I do want to return and stay in a good hotel so I can really enjoy my holiday there next time. The beach is amazing and the food and people are also fantastic. Just remember to stay somewhere else."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of June 2010

Hotels near Hotel Golf Beach

Stayed at Hotel Golf Beach? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Golf Beach

• andy from leeds by andy from leeds

"maybe stay earley or late season as no air con "

Hotel Golf Beach is also called