H10 Casa del Mar

Gran Via Puig Major 2, 07180 Santa Ponsa, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Great Value and Location

Reviewed Tue 5th of October 2010

"Best value for the price. We loved the location in Santa Ponsa, directly across from the main beach. The rooms are clean and have a pleasant and bright decor. We had a fabulous time and were conveniently located in Santa Ponsa close to all the restaurants and shops. We found a couple of great little local spots to eat nearby including El Refugio, with a delicious tapas menu and No. 8 Bar and Grill which had tastey gourmet burgers. You can't beat the location as the Hesperia is close to everything including the beach!"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of October 2010

Nice Hotel

Reviewed Wed 21st of July 2010

"Just got back from 2 weeks at this hotel. It is spotlessly clean and the rooms are a good size. When we arrived at the hotel (10.30am) we were told that our room would not be ready until approx 1.00pm (this has never happended to us before) we had to put our cases in the locker room. We were not happy about this (had been up since 2.30am) so when I saw the Thomas Cook rep, Charlottle Clarke, about 30 minutes later I asked her if she could help, within 3 minutes we had a room. It doesn't stop there, the room was big as was the ensuite, however, when we opened the curtains our view was of the back of the hotel opposite and their bins. I know everyone wants a sea or pool view. So the next morning we went down to reception to ask if we could change rooms to be told this would cost 8 euro's per day (this is the norm at this hotel) we declined. Again later that day I saw Charlotte and within 5 minutes she was back with 2 keys to 2 rooms and asked us to choose one. Again believe it or not one overlooked the bins, the other at the side of the hotel (opposite McDonalds) but if we leaned over the balcony we had a sea view so we took that room. The entertainment is a little disappointing, 8.30 mini disco, 9.30 bingo and then 10.00 the evenings "act" which lasts one hour so come 11.00pm the evening comes to a close because either everyone goes to bed or looks for alternative entertainment outside the hotel, the bar closes at 12:00. Having said all this we did have a nice holiday and will probably go back to Santa Ponsa again. The food is good, can be a little repetative but we always found something we liked."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of July 2010

Amazing Experience Over All

Reviewed Tue 18th of May 2010

"We stay in the Hesperia Playas de Mallorca in Santa Ponsa for 2 weeks in 2010. From entertainment to professional services for the entire 14 nights I would recommend this hotels in Many.

With the friendly atmosphere around the bars and restaurant we truly enjoyed our meal at Rafters Bar & Bistro the most.

• Travel date: Sun 16th of May 2010

deserves more than 3 stars!

Reviewed Fri 29th of January 2010

"i have been to this hotel twice now, and both times have thoroughly enjoyed my holiday!
the rooms are a good size, and very clean.
entertainment for the adults could be a little better, however the hotel is right in the middle of a parade of shops & there is allways something to do.
pool is lovely, decent size and plenty of sunbeds, also there was not a mad rush for the best sunbeds in the morning, all the guests at the hotel where friendly and chilled out.

the food was good, different choices every night, very nice dining area with air conditioning.
hotel is in about 10 steps of the beach wich is very clean and enjoyable

i honestly think this hotel deserves 4 stars and will be going back hopefully this year :)!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of January 2010

Very Good Stay

Reviewed Tue 25th of August 2009

"The Hotel is very clean, and situated literally on the beach front. It does have a mcDonalds facing but this actually came in handy for us on a day when it rained and we couldnt go far. The staff in the hotel are very polite and helpful and will do anything to make your stay better. The Maid service is good, but we actually found our floor wasn't cleaned much, and the bedding wasnt changed at all whilst we were there for the 11 days. Overall i would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Santa Ponsa, it is close to some good bars on an irish strip, and in the centre of surrounding restaurants."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of August 2009

I have just spent a week at this hotel H...

Reviewed Mon 29th of September 2008

"I have just spent a week at this hotel Hesperia Rlaya it,s a very nice hotel very clean and the staff very freindly there were 5 of us ranging from age 64 to age 2 the rooms are cleaned thourouly every day .first impressions of the food was goodbut became a bit repetive as the week went on and the desert section was very poor ,but even so we would go back to this hotel again."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of September 2008

Myself and my boyfriend went here this J...

Reviewed Wed 10th of September 2008

"Myself and my boyfriend went here this June for 2 weeks half board and it is exceptionally clean and the staff could not have been any friendlier! The manager is a lovely guy and when you walk into dinner at 7 all the staff stand and greet you. Really very professional. I am a fussy eater but they really cater for all tastes: plenty of pizza, chips, sausages, burgers for fussy eaters. Only downside was that our room overlooked the air conditioning machines outside so made a real noise, we couldnt sit on the balcony jus because it really wasnt nice at all. However after 2 nights we got moved to a pool view for no extra charge, although we had been told we had to pay alot exrta by another receptionist. McDonalds jus across the road and plenty of shops to browse when you want to get away from the beach for a while. Entertainment is ok but we went up to the 'irish square' most nights where the entertainment is brilliant! On mondays there was a westlife tribute band who play who are amazing! Drinks are much cheaper up there too compared to at the hotel. Bus stop not too far to get to Palma and Magaluf. Porto Pi should be visited if you are into your shopping!! Overall we had a fab holiday and would definitely recommend people to go there! "

• Travel date: Wed 10th of September 2008

Myself and 16 year old daughter went for...

Reviewed Tue 2nd of September 2008

"Myself and 16 year old daughter went for a weeks half board. The hotel was lovely very clean, food ok bit repetative but nice and good choice, catered more for other guest than english. Not many english at the hotel mainly spanish, french and german oh and a few irish. Excellent pool and no fight for sunbeds in the morning very relaxing but a bit too quiet for my daughter, not many teenagers around, except Spanish. Entertainment was poor, the only adult ent was for an hour each evening, finishing at 11.15pm so plenty of early nights. Santa ponsa itself very nice, clean nice shops and bars not rowdy and wonderful beach. Overall a very relaxing, quiet holiday would recommend it for couples and young families not teenagers."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of September 2008

This was the second year we have been, t...

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2007

"This was the second year we have been, the waiter recognised us as soon as we walked in and made a big fuss.

The food was excellent, most of the staff were wonderful. The only problem arose with our room, my wife and I had just stopped smoking and the room stank of smoke, we were moved the next day.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone it is almost on the beach and near to the bars etc without being noisy."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of October 2007

Our family stayed here in September. Our...

Reviewed Thu 4th of October 2007

"Our family stayed here in September. Our ages range from 81 down to 2 years. We had a fantastic time. The hotel was fantastic, extremely clean and bright. The rooms were perfect. The restaurant was really good and the food excellent. The waiters/waitresses were friendly, helpful and really pleasant and were really good with my granddaughter who is 2. I thought I had ruined a pair of linen trousers one night but the girl who cleaned the rooms kindly removed the stain and I was very grateful. I thought it was a nice touch.

My daughter in law had a birthday whilst we were there and the hotel left a fruit basket and a bottle of champagne in the bedroom for her. On another occasion the entertainments gave my granddaughter a lovely rucksack filled with all kinds of games and she was really thrilled. The hotel is in a perfect area, just across a small road to the beach and central to everything but is a quiet location as well. All in all I think this hotel gave us one of our best holidays. We will certainly be going back and I would like to thank all the staff. "

• Travel date: Thu 4th of October 2007

Fantastic Hotel

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"Stayed at the Hesperia Playas on 11/08/07 - 18/08/07. A fantastic hotel in a fantastic location, across the road from the lovely beach. The food was good, hotel extremely clean and friendly staff. Only gripe had to pay extra 70 euros for fridge in hotel room and a further 28 euros for pool view as we had been allocated a room overlooking a smelly airconditioning unit. Even though we had to pay for the extras, I would recommend the Hotel to anybody - it's up to the individual if they require the fridge etc etc. Hope to stay there again soon."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of August 2007

Me and my two daughters visited July 3,...

Reviewed Mon 13th of August 2007

"Me and my two daughters visited July 3, 2007 for a week. We had a fantastic time at this hotel. It was kept very clean, the staff were friendly and the food was great.

The location is excellent; opposite the beach and the hotel very central to Santa Ponsa. The entertainment was probably the weakest area; some nights it was so poor it was hysterically funny and this made the holiday unassuming! It was a memorable time and I would certainly go back again.

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007

Hotels near H10 Casa del Mar

Stayed at H10 Casa del Mar? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for H10 Casa del Mar

• ashbash_x by ashbash_x

"Some good bars down the irish strip, and some nice restaurants near the spanish Square. "

• sophismint by sophismint

"very clean lovely place! "

• Kevin Fahey by Kevin Fahey

"Prefect for holidays in Santa Ponsa "

• EuropeanTraveler by EuropeanTraveler

"Great Value and Location "

H10 Casa del Mar is also called