Globales Apartamentos Verdemar

C/Ramon de Moncada 14, 07180 Santa Ponsa, Calvia, Majorca Spain

Good

avoid peak season if your not into rowdiness

Good

"My advice is not to go to santa ponca in high season as it gets a very rowdy crowd i have gone there in both may and september and found it a lovely resort but i have heard awful stories from people who have gone in high seasaon . I have stayed in the verdemar and the vista club. if you go be sure to go to palma and son amar hire a car its a great island to drive round. The verdemar have very small studios with great views in a great location if you want to be near the main strip hope this helps"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of April 2008

sooo needs air con

"i stayed here with my girlfriend the check in staff were really helpful. we had a studio apartment facing a 20 foot wall which wasn't good at all when there is such an amazing sea view on the other side we tried to transfer to a sea view with no luck. the rooms were stuffy no air con and no t.v either. the maids were friendly and didn't come around too early. overall the best thing about this place was the staff. one thing about it is the location couldn't be better right at the sea and in the centre of things. invest in air con is all i can say!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of January 2008

very dissapointed

"My husband and I stayed in the verdermar apts for 2 weeks in August and I must say it was terrible , The apartments were fine , lovely view from our balcony as we had booked a seaview room ,
staff very friendly but as for the guests ( some of them) we were ashamed to be Irish for them 2 weeks .The noise and mayhem all night and early mornings was unreal due to the so called irish exam students that took over the complex , The police had to be called in most mornings and the behaviour of those young people was out of this world . We have been to Santa Ponsa on a regular basis but after this year it has really turned us off so we will not be returning . Every morning other guests were complaining at reception ,but the racket went on for hours every night ."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of November 2007

My first holiday in The Balearics

Good

"I was told about The Verdemar by a client at the travel agent. My husband and I had been to the U.S. , England and Italy several times-always staying with family. This was our first time "going it alone". We found The Verdemar appts an excellant choice. The rooms were immaculate, the restaurant there was great and the staff were very helpful at all times. The swimming pool was wonderful and had attendants walking around at all times. Just beyond the pool was a walkway, and just beyond that was the sea. I would definitely reccomend The Verdemar, especially for your first holiday abroad. We would go back there again."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

Good holiday

"We stayed at the verdemar first two weeks in july this year. The actual apartment complex is lovely but our room was very disappointing. We requested a pool/sea view when we booked but were given a fifth floor room facing the wall at the front of the hotel. We asked to be moved but were told to see the manager, we asked everyday and the manager was never there! The pool and the bar/restaurant were great. All staff were very friendly apart from some of the staff on reception. The apartments are in a good location just 5 mins to the beach and 2 mins from the main street with all the bars. Apart from the apartment everything esle was brilliant."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of July 2007

This will be our last trip to Santa Ponsa

Good

"We are only back from Santa Ponsa we were there about 8-9 years ago stayed in another apartment block, most years now I would not book through a travel agents but this was a last minute thing and I guess a one bed apartment for 2 adults and a 14 year old and a studio for two 18 year olds for a week at the end of June at € 1700 is ok.

Any~who lol the room we had was fabulous very clean all tables, wood work, doors ect were brand new you will see in the photos I have up loaded (sorry about the mess).

However every other room we seen was not to this standard, our room over looked the road and my daughters room looked out to sea I do have to say that is a Must to get a sea view.

The people who worked there were all great the pool guy was gas and the barmen and woman, maids and so on but not everyone that worked behind reception was as nice.

There was a lot of noise there, we are in our 40’s and by no means in bed at 8 or any thing and do like a late drinky or 2 but they ran up and down the corridor all night slamming apartment doors and screaming, we talked to 3 young Irish guys who had been evicted because of all the trouble they had been in, it would go on all night well after 6 am or 7am of all the places we have ever been this by far was the WORST for noise, by a country mile. Only one night was it anyway like a normal apartment block.

As for being central you wont get a better place its just down the road from the Spanish square and if you have kids this is where you want to go at night to keep them happy and for you younger ones it only up the road from all the hip places like Chickos and Fama lots of great spots lol was in a few myself.

The Pirates show night is a good night out now it costs and I seen a lot of families there we had 4 adults and one child with us cost over 240 for the night, that’s food ( if your kids are fussy eaters they wont like it ) and drink, all the wine and coke you can drink but saying that I would have gone for the show alone that was brill.

I have added a load of photos of the complex as you will see.

Palma is a great spot go up for the day it will take you one maybe 2 days if its hot to do it all I have added a photo of a place called The Guinness House we call into it on our way back to the car park it was hot and we just had 2 cokes the 200 mill bottles lol it cost us €7.80 for that I would have gone without lol ah I know your on your holidays but that was just the biggest rip off lol.

If you like Chinese food don’t have any while over there its not as nice as home and 5 times the price of all the other places to eat over there.

Santa Ponsa was great all them years ago and still is but it’s a small place and so is the Island we hired a car the last time and when I did this time it was all the same old places we went to, in other words we did it and don’t need to do it again."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

Surprisingly excellent!!!

Good

"We have just returned from a week in the Verdemar Apartments in Santa Ponsa. We booked this last minute and got quite a good deal so we were quite sceptical about it. It had been over 10 years since both of us had been in Santa Ponsa and thought it might have become rundown. When we checked in we got a ground floor apartment with an ajoining door to another apartment. The door was that thin that the man snoring in the room next to us could have been sleeping in the bed beside me. We asked to be changed the next day and reception were quite good about it. We had a 5th floor sea view apartment and the view was spectacular. Apartments are fairly basic but very clean and comfortable. The amenities in the Verdemar are great. They are right on the water's edge were you can hop in and out of the sea and cool off. The bar serves great snacks for during the day and it's really reasonable. Location is excellent in Santa Ponsa, half way between Spanish Square and the main strip and also close to the beach. You have to pay for the sun loungers in the Verdemar which I imagine would work out fairly expensive if you have a family. There seems to be heaps going on for kids during the day and in the evening although I was there with just my partner. If you are gona stay here make sure you book a sea view apartment its really a must. I would have hated to be looking out on a street when you could have a view over the ocean. Overall a great place for location wonderful views and value for money."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2007

Great Hotel

Good

"I stayed here a few times. I have to say its a lovely apartment complex. You are right beside the sea, you have all the shops on your doorstep and within 5 mins walk to the beach and all the bars. Its a great spot. We stayed in a studio apartment last year but before that we stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment. Both had sea views, which are a must, otherwise your balcony will be facin a wall!!! Food isnt bad in the apartments, entertainment wasnt great tho! Looking forward to going back in July this year!"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of May 2007

Brilliant Trip

Good

"I stayed in these apartments in Sept 2005 and had a great time. They are very central just a few mins walk down to the main going out area and only 2 mins from the beach.
The views were amazing from the balconeys. The apartments were small but very clean even if you weren't up when the cleaners went around in the morning they still cleaned it when you left and we got clean towels every day.
The night life is brill in this town and the craic in the Irish bars is second to none. There are loads of fabulous restaurants to eat in the choice is endless. I would recommend you going on a day trip up the mountains it's well worth it.
Overall we had a very good holiday to the Verdemar Apts"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of February 2007

Great Place

"The Verdemar Apartments in Santa Ponsa are a great place to stay when visiting this resort. Very convenient location, about a 2 minute walk to the nightlife and along the way plenty of cafes, shops, restuarants to choose from.

One piece of advice when booking accommodation in this establishment - make sure you ask for a seaview studio/apartment. The view is absolutely fantastic and it only costs €20 extra for a seaview. Well worth it!

The only reason I didn't give it the full five marks were because of the older male bar/restaurant staff who were a little rude. I had read on a Watchdog page that the staff were supposed to be really bad but to be honest, the reception staff couldn't have been nicer and cleaning staff were very helful. They could ask their "older" male bar staff to smile maybe... and I do say older because there were two younger male staff who were very friendly and helpful so I can't paint them all with the one brush."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

time out

"Fantastic stay at these apartments excellent value, very very clean ,very friendly helpful staff ,excellent location would recommend if want a perfect holiday as a couple or family loads to do or relax and take in the stunning views. "

• Travel date: Thu 10th of October 2013

Great place

"Have stayed in the Verdemar in a front line private apartment,it has everything we needed.the view from the balcony was first class,staff and everything about the place was excellent.got the booking from ,Santa ponsa flats for rent,on Facebook,have been going for years.great place"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of November 2012

Hotels near Globales Apartamentos Verdemar

Stayed at Globales Apartamentos Verdemar? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Globales Apartamentos Verdemar

• FionaM by FionaM

"If I were you I'd go to Scott's restaurant, you get a huge portion for your money "

• george09 by george09

"good lively, suitable for young "

• george09 by george09

"crocadiles, fat sams good for food "

• Aisi by Aisi

"loved goin on the pirate night it was great, there are alot of activities durning the day to do :) "

• foswellplace by foswellplace

"too many restaurants to mention but the royal garden at the square was special "

• butterscotchangelx by butterscotchangelx

"it is great for all ages. "

• RosCass by RosCass

"To take part in all of the hotels daily activities (day & night time), especially bingo at night time "

• catherine cork by catherine cork

"please clean up your act "

• MaryBaker by MaryBaker

"Access to toilets when bar closes. "

• Ada W by Ada W

"Get a front line with views over the bay "

• donna123 by donna123

"just sit back and enjoy your holiday without any worries because you wont have any if you stay here "

Globales Apartamentos Verdemar is also called