Main building

• tennis court
  • kids club

Unhappy

Reviewed 6th August 2013

"This is not so much about food or the building, but more about the staff/management. Staff were happy to serve under aged guests. Management happily encourage staff to socialise with under aged guests outside of hotel grounds. Valuable belonging was stolen by a member of staff but because it happen outside of the hotel grounds the management refused to help. Quite clearly the are happy to take your money, but not happy to help. Feel for anyone who is going to this hotel."

• Travel date: 3rd August 2013

a lot of stairs 197 to beach and main strip

Reviewed 17th June 2011

"arrived in santa ponsa after 1 and a half hours on the bus from palma as it dropped people off in palma nova, magaluf, we were last to get dropped off, would recommend getting a taxi as it usually only takes half an hour. first impressions of the hotel was the massive hill! reception and bar staff very friendly so couldnt fault that. I requested a sea view room as the views from hotel are beautiful, I never got that, my room was the furthest away from bar,pool and resturaunt and down 70 steps so was dissapointed in that! room was very large (basic) and clean with large balcony, pity about the view as it faced onto a main road, room was cleaned everyday so couldnt fault that. arrived around lunch time so headed up to resturunt as we were all inclusive, food not the best, if your not a fish and pasta lover you will be dissapointed! dinner time the same and breakfast very basic, fruit lovely though. pool area was lovely and never struggled to get a sunbed (alot of germans who love to steal your umbrella) on the whole a good clean basic hotel but location a killer. "

• Travel date: 16th June 2011

worth the money

Reviewed 13th April 2011

"arrived 1/4/11 for 1 week and first impressions were very good and as the week progressed i came to the conclusion that this was money well spent although there were a few minor issues that's all they were. The room we were allocated was clean and a good size, although there were fantastic views on offer we were unfortunate not to get one with a view of someone else's rooftop but we were not there to sit outside our room anyway.There is a choice of 2 swimming pools that have to be the deepest pools that i have ever come across on any holiday with a small section seperated for toddlers but if ur kid can't swim armbands are a must(no lifegaurd on duty)so u must be very wary of non swimmers but a fantastic pool for diving and messing around with views that u have to see,absolutely fantastic.A smaller more quite pool around beside dining room and just as deep.Quite a lot of steps to contend with so if ur going to book and have difficulties walking then it could be a problem,it was not an issue for us and most of the other new friends that we met.Dining room was always clean and tidy, the food for me was great,the usual buffet style with a few choices each mealtime although they ran out of a few things nearing the end of service which was a bit annoying and could just be start of season issues,no real complaints and it's the first time i have seen a chocolate fountain on the go with amazing strawberries.Drinks were flowing from the bar staff but the night time entertainment was hopeless with 2 first-time entertainment staff but did start to improve with the arrival of another more experienced member.Music ends at 11:00pm on the dot whivh was also annoying.If ur into beaches then it has a good one in a bay and kind of sheltered from strong winds and waves,at most from the hotel a 10 minute easy stroll or a free bus run.The resort was nice and clean and tidy with plenty bars and restaurants withing easy reach....All in this was well worth the trip and has restored my faith in majorca..........."

• Travel date: 11th April 2011

Panoramic views of the bay

Reviewed 25th May 2010

"Good food, plenty of variety. Plates and glasses cleared away quickly. Rooms spacious and clean. TV channels limited for English. Entertainment limited for adults. Childrens club on most nights. Staff in all departments very friendly and helpful and hard working. Not for people who cannot walk far, as steps in between apartments, and steep hill into town. However courtesy bus runs every hour from about 10 until 6. Safe available for small items such as passports and cards for a fee and deposit. Internet access available for 1 euro which covers 15 mins. 2 pools, one was cold, the other was warmer apparently, but not as warm as we like. Nice patio area, and plenty of sunbeds to use. Lovely setting. Old fashion doors on apartments, which could be a bit noisy when slammed or knocking by a couple of inconsiderate late night lively people."

• Travel date: 19th May 2010

Slightly above average three star all inc hotel

Reviewed 12th April 2010

"I returned on 6th of April, 2010 after spending a week all inclusive. Hotel is at the top of a hill but don't let this put you off. It's a pleasant stroll and the hotel has fantastic views over the bay. I will give you an honest review based on my experience of the hotel. Pool-for the size of the hotel it isn't massive. One pool is heated and the other one isn't. The heated pool is partially covered. Rooms- Nice size but slightly dated. The maids come every day except Thursday and Sunday. Room was very clean but television only had a couple of English speaking channels. Bathroom was clean and shower was nice and hot. Our balcony overlooked the road up to the hotel and across the bay. Drink-All drink is served in small plastic tumblers at the bar. Drink with meals is served in glass tumblers and is self service. The measures are generous but the beer is served in the same tumblers as the spirits which probably about a third of a pint. If you are a big beers drinker you will find yourself up and down to the bar quite a lot. There is no limit as to how many drinks you can get at one time. There was a group of about ten golfers there and they were going up and getting a round of ten beers at a time. Food-Dining hall is a bit small so when the hotel is busy it gets very crowded. There is a salad bar and the hot bit usually has pasta of some description, two types of vegetables, chips, fish(eg swordfish, tuna, hake or cod) There was also another couple of meat dishes. There is bread rolls and soup but my girlfriend said the soup was a bit watery. I would't describe the food as great but it was good on some days and not so good other days. The dinner hall usually fills up pretty quick and is busy for the first while which meant that you had to queue. Breakfast has a selection of cereals and fruit. You can have the continental breakfast of bread and cheese or have the hot selection which consists of egg, sausage and bacon. Don't expect the sausage, bacon or beans to taste like what you get at home. They are not bad tasting just different to what we have. We decided to leave it until later to let the dining room quieten down but there wasn't much left. I think some of the people who were all-inclusive had not been fed for a while and made it like a rugby scrum. I think they were determined to get there moneys worth and took a lot of food which they didn't always eat. There is fridge in the bar for kids to help themselves to ice cream. Staff- the chaps behind the bar worked very hard and I found a tip every now and then worked a treat for quicker service. The bar did get very busy at night time. The staff in the dining hall worked very hard and dirty plates were removed very quickly. I didn't see the staff smile that much, probably because they were working so hard. Entertaintment- Not very good. it consists of a couple of german teenagers trying to get you invoved. The kids seemed to enjoy the clubs and discos but there isn't much for adults unless bingo or a quiz in four different languages is for you. Resort- Resort is very clean but I think the all inclusive hotels are having a big effect on the the pubs and restaurants as a lot of them were closed or opening later in the season. We went out and had our dinner and drinks on a few nights. It is on a par with prices at home for meals and a pint of Estella (local beer) costs between a euro fifty and two euros fifty. British beer was available in most places and as you would expect was more expensive. About three euros on average. (this has nothing to do with the resort but might come in handy if you ever go to Magaluf)We took a taxi to Magaluf which cost ten euros each way. We were heading to a restaurant which had been recomended to me by a friend. The restaurant is on a side street opposite BCM nightclub in Magaluf almost next door to Captain Morgans. The restaurant is called steak and Tapas and has a tacky red sign on the outside. It barely looks open as there was no tables outside. There are only six or so tables inside but the food was fantastic. The best steak I have ever had..... Pedro the owner was really nice and even took the starters off the bill because we stayed and had a few beers. Pedro recomended the Bronze bar round the corner for a few drinks. We went there and had a great night. Overall-Slightly above average three star all inclusive hotel. The hotel was made up of Germans and British. Views were great. I wouldn't rush back but was good value for money."

• Travel date: 8th April 2010

Brilliant holiday

Reviewed 21st September 2009

"My hubbie and I have just returned from Majorca after a 5 day break at this hotel.. On arrival, after a 5 hour delay at the Airport , we were greeted at reception by a very nice member of staff who mentioned that a meal was waiting for us in the fridge of our appt as we had missed the evening meal. This was very kind although at 2 30 am we were past being hungry. The whole holiday was brilliant. Food was great with lots of choice,staff were more than helpful and very pleasant,rooms clean, entertainment staff were excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thanks to you all.XX Jan & Tony "

• Travel date: 18th September 2009

I have just returned from my fourth holi...

Reviewed 17th September 2008

"I have just returned from my fourth holiday at Club Santa Ponsa. The first time I booked this it was a last minute deal from lastminute.com, but I enjoyed it so much that I have kept on going back in Spring and late summer booking the hotel with alpharooms and the flight seperately. I have always had a good time at this hotel, I think this time may have been the best yet! The hotel is at the top of a steep hill, but there is a courtesy bus that runs hourly most days that takes you down into the town and back again if you need it. There are also a lot of steps within the complex, but as I was aware of this, I emailed the hotel and requested a room with not too many steps and a sea view, this was no problem to them, and I even got a free upgrade to an apartment. The rooms are clean and spacious, with full kitchen facilities even though we were all inclusive. The only downside is there is no aircon, just fans in each of the rooms, but that was not too much of a problem as we did not spend that much time actually in the room apart from sleeping. We had a huge balcony that went all round the front of the apartment and round the side as well, which meant we had views of the sea and of the mountains. The food was generally good, my husband didn't like the baked beans at breakfast, but that was his only complaint. There is a good choice available in the restaurant, always fish, some sort of chicken dish, something with pork, pasta and vegetables, then there is a selection of salads, and a very tempting desert selection. As well as this there is ice cream available all day, just help yourself from the freezer in the bar. Also in the bar there is hot dogs, burgers and chips. Cake is available there from 4-6. The drinks on the all inclusive even included cocktails, they were good measures, and went on till midnight. During the day drinks are served in plastic cups, as they are often taken to the pool area, but at night they are in glasses. There are two pools, both very clean and with lots of sunbeds. We never had any problems getting a sunbed and parasol, something we have experienced in other hotels. The entertainment was basic but ok. These are not professional entertainers, just young people who worked very hard, running the mini club and sports events during the day,and putting on a show at night. They certainly put their all into it and were friendly and approachable, speaking English, Dutch, German and very bad French. There are not a lot of British people using this hotel in summer months, something some might find a bit offputting, but I don't find it a problem at all, and everyone was friendly. I will be returning to Club Santa Ponsa next year, and hopefully for many years to come. "

• Travel date: 17th September 2008

mixed review

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"Just returned from Club Santa Ponsa 19/04/08. I was on my own with two kids(one in a pushchair). Very fit at the end of it after all the stairs(put in a room three flights down). Well what can i say...the apartment was great..very big and clean, great view, huge balcony ..cant complain there. The food...could have been better...some of it was cold most evenings..no children's choice which I have always had in other hotels. The entertainment....mini disco with same songs every night for half an hour (but my kids loved it). There was a parrot show one night, a reptile show another (but these only lasted 15 -20 mins) then nothing the rest of the night. Sporting activity during the day for the kids was good, my son took part in various activities. The thing that really spoiled the holiday though was a very large group of French people staying there. They were very rude to everyone who was not French...on several occasions they blocked the pathway at the outside terrace and on asking several times for them to please move to let me by with my 18 month old daughter in her pushchair...they just looked at me then turned away...I actually had to push through them. (they did understand me) When everyone queued at the bar they just pushed their way to the front. The young boys were wanting to fight with my son and other holidaymakers sons. On the last night they became very aggressive towards other holidaymakers and got up on stage and pushed the entertainment staff off. They were shouting and singing the french national anthem towards us other holidaymakers(many sitting with children). They all stood up and turned to face us. It was very scary..they could not be controlled and nearly ended up fighting with staff members. It was so bad that the police were called. I am not talking about a bunch of men here but women and children too. I have never experienced anything like it in all my life and I have been on a lot of holidays where all nationalities have mixed together fine."

• Travel date: 22nd April 2008

I would have given this hotel a rating o...

Reviewed 20th April 2008

"I would have given this hotel a rating of 7 BUT on our 6th night our apartment was entered,by key, via the double-locked door, and items valued £600 were stolen.Two other apartments in our complex were also robbed in the same way.Two other rooms in a different part of the hotel were also robbed.The victims were all leaving the hotel the following day and had bought gifts to take home.There were no room safes and the safes at reception were too small to hold anything other than a passport and money.The manager admitted that break-ins were rife in summer and a regular occurence.Please note that there is no security around the hotel and there is free access to all and sundry! Be warned as your insurance will not cover you as there is no forced entry!"

• Travel date: 20th April 2008

A Nice Quiet Hotel

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"23rd of March Till 30th March The Staff are very friendly especially to the kids, always making a fuss over them. We was put in apartment 316 at the back of the main reception, The rooms where huge and the size of the veranda was 10 yards by 8 yards. It was very quiet at night so we managed sleeping ok The food was buffet style as the last time I went there, There was not much choice, but always find something that was good to eat. This hotel caters mainly for Dutch and Germans and English is about the 4th most spoken. The Pool which is half covered was very warm. The Kids have there own little Mini Club from 10:30 - 12:30 my grand daughter who is only 5 had a ball. The entertainment at night could be improved with having a mini disco for the kids from 7:30 - 8:30. There was somting on most nights starting at 8:30 Bingo, quiz, parrot Show, exc. The All Inclusive Band you Have to wear means all inclusive, even cocktails at the bar. In The Restaurant Breakfast 7:45 - 10:00 Lunch 1:00 - 3:00 Dinner 6:30 - 9:00 In The Bar food is laid on from 12:00 noon - 6:00pm The only this that spoils this hotel is the steps, so if you are dodgy on your pins this is not for you. Santa Ponsa is very quiet at this time of year, Not much open so I cant really comment on the town. I would go again"

• Travel date: 15th April 2008

we just returned from club santa ponsa after booking last minute,,

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"we booked a week all inclusive at club santa ponsa and we had a fantastic week, the hotel was clean and comfortable and the food was excellent and loads of it,, the only thing was the hotel is at the top of a hill which can be quite difficult for anyone with walking difficulties. the first night we were given a room where we had to walk quite a distance to get to, but the next day i went to reception and asked could we be moved and it was no trouble at all to andy on reception who moved us that day to a room that had easier access,the views from the hotel were amazing.we were happy with our wk there .. tho the entertainment wasnt that good , but you can always go into santa ponsa or magaluf for all the karaoke bars u want, i would recommend this hotel to someone who wants a nice relaxing holiday with good food .... from liz and davy in cumnock"

• Travel date: 15th April 2008

hated this hotel

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"just returned back from club santa ponsa. apart hotel. and i wont be going back there. this hotel dose not cater for the english .the food was awfull and luke warm. the dining room staff were rude and abrupt and the same went for the bar staff to. the entertainment was very very poor the night i got there they had a reptile show which lasted half an hour that was it for the night. the night after that they played bingo. with a bingo set what kids play with pathetic that lasted about 45 mins then that was it for the night. apart from a bit of back ground music. i thought i was the only english person staying there , but then i met some lovley people form salford (manchester) and a few people from wales and down south. but for meeting these people i would have looked for another hotel for the rest of my short break. so we made the best of it . there was one good thing about this hotel, and that was the views . as this hotel was located on top of a hill. therefore it in my opinion was not suitable for people with walkind difficulties. the hotel had a lot of steps , steps to the dining room ,steps to the apartment rooms steep steps everey where."

• Travel date: 22nd March 2008

Hotels near Club Santa Ponsa

Top traveller tips for Club Santa Ponsa

• by paul from dundee

"just chill out and enjoy "

• by Janet Hargraves

"A clean and pleasant beach"

Club Santa Ponsa is also called