Club Santa Ponsa

Nunyo Sanc, 14, 07180 Santa Ponsa, Calvia, Majorca Spain

mixed review

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"Just returned from Club Santa Ponsa 19/04/08. I was on my own with two kids(one in a pushchair). Very fit at the end of it after all the stairs(put in a room three flights down). Well what can i say...the apartment was great..very big and clean, great view, huge balcony ..cant complain there. The food...could have been better...some of it was cold most evenings..no children's choice which I have always had in other hotels. The entertainment....mini disco with same songs every night for half an hour (but my kids loved it). There was a parrot show one night, a reptile show another (but these only lasted 15 -20 mins) then nothing the rest of the night. Sporting activity during the day for the kids was good, my son took part in various activities. The thing that really spoiled the holiday though was a very large group of French people staying there. They were very rude to everyone who was not French...on several occasions they blocked the pathway at the outside terrace and on asking several times for them to please move to let me by with my 18 month old daughter in her pushchair...they just looked at me then turned away...I actually had to push through them. (they did understand me) When everyone queued at the bar they just pushed their way to the front. The young boys were wanting to fight with my son and other holidaymakers sons. On the last night they became very aggressive towards other holidaymakers and got up on stage and pushed the entertainment staff off. They were shouting and singing the french national anthem towards us other holidaymakers(many sitting with children). They all stood up and turned to face us. It was very scary..they could not be controlled and nearly ended up fighting with staff members. It was so bad that the police were called. I am not talking about a bunch of men here but women and children too. I have never experienced anything like it in all my life and I have been on a lot of holidays where all nationalities have mixed together fine."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of April 2008

we just returned from club santa ponsa after booking last minute,,

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"we booked a week all inclusive at club santa ponsa and we had a fantastic week, the hotel was clean and comfortable and the food was excellent and loads of it,, the only thing was the hotel is at the top of a hill which can be quite difficult for anyone with walking difficulties. the first night we were given a room where we had to walk quite a distance to get to, but the next day i went to reception and asked could we be moved and it was no trouble at all to andy on reception who moved us that day to a room that had easier access,the views from the hotel were amazing.we were happy with our wk there .. tho the entertainment wasnt that good , but you can always go into santa ponsa or magaluf for all the karaoke bars u want, i would recommend this hotel to someone who wants a nice relaxing holiday with good food .... from liz and davy in cumnock"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of April 2008

A Nice Quiet Hotel

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"23rd of March Till 30th March
The Staff are very friendly especially to the kids, always making a fuss over them.
We was put in apartment 316 at the back of the main reception, The rooms where huge and the size of the veranda was 10 yards by 8 yards.
It was very quiet at night so we managed sleeping ok
The food was buffet style as the last time I went there, There was not much choice, but always find something that was good to eat.
This hotel caters mainly for Dutch and Germans and English is about the 4th most spoken.
The Pool which is half covered was very warm.
The Kids have there own little Mini Club from 10:30 - 12:30 my grand daughter who is only 5 had a ball.
The entertainment at night could be improved with having a mini disco for the kids from 7:30 - 8:30.
There was somting on most nights starting at 8:30 Bingo, quiz, parrot Show, exc.
The All Inclusive Band you Have to wear means all inclusive, even cocktails at the bar.
In The Restaurant
Breakfast 7:45 - 10:00
Lunch 1:00 - 3:00
Dinner 6:30 - 9:00

In The Bar
food is laid on from
12:00 noon - 6:00pm

The only this that spoils this hotel is the steps, so if you are dodgy on your pins this is not for you.
Santa Ponsa is very quiet at this time of year, Not much open so I cant really comment on the town.
I would go again"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of April 2008

hated this hotel

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"just returned back from club santa ponsa. apart hotel. and i wont be going back there. this hotel dose not cater for the english .the food was awfull and luke warm. the dining room staff were rude and abrupt and the same went for the bar staff to. the entertainment was very very poor the night i got there they had a reptile show which lasted half an hour that was it for the night. the night after that they played bingo. with a bingo set what kids play with pathetic that lasted about 45 mins then that was it for the night. apart from a bit of back ground music. i thought i was the only english person staying there , but then i met some lovley people form salford (manchester) and a few people from wales and down south. but for meeting these people i would have looked for another hotel for the rest of my short break. so we made the best of it . there was one good thing about this hotel, and that was the views . as this hotel was located on top of a hill. therefore it in my opinion was not suitable for people with walkind difficulties. the hotel had a lot of steps , steps to the dining room ,steps to the apartment rooms steep steps everey where."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of March 2008

Excellent for the price

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"My wife and I have stayed at the CSP in February of 2006 and 2007 and, guess what, we're going back again in 2008! We have stayed at more luxurious hotels and paid a lot more for the privilege (and no doubt we will do again in the future).

We have found the staff at reception, in the bar and the restaurant to be very pleasant and polite - I cannot fault them at all. They have always responded positively when we wanted something (provided, of course, that it was possible!)

The food in the restaurant is perfectly edible - choice is not hugely extensive but for the evening meal, for example, there is usually a choice of at least three meat dishes, fish, pasta plus salads and a number of desserts. Drinks (wine and soft drinks) are freely available in the restaurant. It's a buffet-style affair and there's plenty of it.

The rooms are relatively simple, I guess, but well maintained and clean. On both occasions, we booked an apartment although we were on full board (2007) and AI (2006) respectively; the apartments are very spacious and, in our view, worth the additional cost.

There is a very usable swimming pool (note, we go in February when the ambient temperature is not exactly high) partly because the hotel sets up a kind of green-house/dome arrangement over part of it which gets reasonably warm during the day and no doubt helps keep the chill off the water. If my wife can swim in it, then anyone can!!!

Be aware that it could be a rather hard work getting around the grounds if you have difficulty with steps or steep hills - the hotel is perched at the top of a hill which gives you the benefit of excellent views right around the area but does mean that it's a bit of a climb (if you have no car) from the beach and the town. Also, some of the rooms/apartments are down a few flights of stairs or a hill; on the other hand, when we made a specific request to avoid the steps and hill (because we had my wife's parents staying nearby) reception staff were helpful in finding something suitable.

Please be aware that my overall rating takes account of the relatively low cost."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of December 2007

Hmm could of been better

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"well my boyfriend and I, arrived at the hotel at 1am to find there was not a room for us, we were very anoyed - they sent us 10 mins down the road to stay at another hotel for the night, and said for us to come back in the morning to commence our stay with them so relutontly we did so. we were told that on our return in the mornimg we would be compensated!!!

So the following morn we woke up looked out side and the weather was bad - great we thought! so we called a cab and travelled back to Club santa Posa. (the hotel did pay for our taxi) apon arrivel we were not given any kind of compensation - altho the night before we were told it would be a Car for the day or somthing along them lines, but nope nothing!

The hotel was clean staff friendly.
To many steps to many hills.
Food was awfull, same almost every night, not alot of choice we had to eat out almost every night.

the swimming pool was nice and the view was lovely.
but i would not go back there again."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of September 2007

Children had a wonderful time.

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"We had been spoiled with an incredible all inclusive holiday in the past and doubted this could live upto the standard we were used too. It didn't but came really close. Food was good without being spectacular with plenty of choice.
The rooms were very tidy and clean and in good condition.
We expected more from the childrens club but our two children both girls aged 4 and 7 quickly made friends and were occupied from dawn until dusk.
The steps were not as bad as I feared but they are everywhere.
The hotel was far enough away from the town centre that the nightlife never disturbed us.
Hotel staff were really helpful.
I would definitely go back just because as a parent my children had such a relaxed and safe time."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of September 2007

Great food

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Booked this as a last minute last year and although it was good, it would not usually inspire me to write a review about the place. However, two experiences this year have made me realise that good, well placed reasonable price AIs are getting few and far between and this place deserves a review..

Downsides - The entertainment is geared towards the Germans, but it is a German geared hotel, and young kids will join in with anything so they dont suffer too much.
Steps. There is a lot of steps around the complex so those of you with buggys will struggle. Those hard of walking, its not for you. On the plus side, the steps to town worked as great exercise for my family every day to work off the extra pounds gained on the fantastic food and drink on offer all day.

Plus side - The food is brilliant for AI, best I have ever had and if you book direct, its all at at B+B prices. Drinks are just as good. The rooms are of a good size with spectacular views. Do as I did (and am in the process of doing again) and book keenly, leaving this place as somewhere to eat, drink in the afternoon and sleep. Palma Nova and Magaluff with the Funbars, shows, waterparks, gocarts etc are less than 10 euros away in a taxi yet none of the nightlife can be heard. It really is the best of both worlds."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of August 2007

Excellent Holiday

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We stayed here in August 2006 for a week, on a last minute deal.
Couldn't fault the food or the hotel. We were lucky that we had a room at the top, so didn't have to contend with the steps! They tend to get wet by the pool and someone did have a fall. Our daughter loved the pool and although the other guests were mainly French or German she managed to make friends with some of the other children. It was peaceful at night and had a balcony over looking the bay which was gorgeous. Being lazy we got the daily mini bus down to the town. Though it was a battle to get on it sometimes! We'd definately go back there. Though as some other reviewers have pointed out, you do get left at the bottom of the steep drive, with no direction which way to go, which isn't fun late at night in the dark! If you're
looking for a quiet holiday then I'd recommend it. You don't tend to get the noise from the town and it's mainly families with younger children."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of April 2007

Good to a point

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"We stayed in March of 07. The hotel was really good especially the resaurant and bar staff. Nothing was too much trouble and they were really attentive.
This hotel was OK for us but it would have been hopeless for the less able traveller. There were steps everywhere especially to the town, all 175 of them! When we arrived the transport dropped us at the end of the drive and we had to take our own suitcases up the drive, not much fun when you were tired! The hotel didn't provide any help to get to our room so we hauled the suitcases up and down the steps within the hotel to get to our room. Maybe this is something that could be looked at.
It is very much aimed at the German visitors and although this wasn't a problem most of the time it ment that we had to go out looking for excursions.
The food was really good I don't see how they could have made it any better particularly the breakfast , we did begin to feel a bit 'Groundhog Day' towards the end of our week but the selection was varied.
Our room had a fab view over the bay and the sunsets were amazing.
Loved Majorca and would definately go again but not to this part of the Island."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of March 2007

Unhappy

Reviewed Tue 6th of August 2013

"This is not so much about food or the building, but more about the staff/management.

Staff were happy to serve under aged guests.
Management happily encourage staff to socialise with under aged guests outside of hotel grounds.
Valuable belonging was stolen by a member of staff but because it happen outside of the hotel grounds the management refused to help.

Quite clearly the are happy to take your money, but not happy to help.
Feel for anyone who is going to this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of August 2013

a lot of stairs 197 to beach and main strip

Reviewed Fri 17th of June 2011

"arrived in santa ponsa after 1 and a half hours on the bus from palma as it dropped people off in palma nova, magaluf, we were last to get dropped off, would recommend getting a taxi as it usually only takes half an hour.
first impressions of the hotel was the massive hill!

reception and bar staff very friendly so couldnt fault that. I requested a sea view room as the views from hotel are beautiful, I never got that, my room was the furthest away from bar,pool and resturaunt and down 70 steps so was dissapointed in that!

room was very large (basic) and clean with large balcony, pity about the view as it faced onto a main road, room was cleaned everyday so couldnt fault that.

arrived around lunch time so headed up to resturunt as we were all inclusive, food not the best, if your not a fish and pasta lover you will be dissapointed! dinner time the same and breakfast very basic, fruit lovely though.

pool area was lovely and never struggled to get a sunbed (alot of germans who love to steal your umbrella)
on the whole a good clean basic hotel but location a killer.

• Travel date: Thu 16th of June 2011

Hotels near Club Santa Ponsa

Stayed at Club Santa Ponsa? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Club Santa Ponsa

• Janet Hargraves by Janet Hargraves

"A clean and pleasant beach "

• paul from dundee by paul from dundee

"just chill out and enjoy "

Club Santa Ponsa is also called