Good

DISGUSTING HOTEL FOOD STAFF DRINK DO NOT BOOK!!

Reviewed Fri 4th of September 2015

"First I would like to say that this is the 1st review I have ever wrote I felt that after our stay at this hotel I have to let other people know actually how bad the hotel is! We went all inclusive 2 adults child 15 and child 10 none of us are fussy eaters...we did not eat in the hotel once in fact we spent all of our holiday spending money eating out only cattle would eat in the restaurant of this hotel. the food is disgusting and the flies in the restaurant all over the food is awful not one or two flies loads of them. Swimming pools disgusting and dirty grease marks all over the sides of the pools and lots of tiles missing lots of children with cut feet! Entertainment.. there isn't any!! they have a dungeon type entertainment room its is dark and extremely dated we usually get dressed up in the evening and look forward to the evening entertainment...not at this hotel our first night we were shocked we thought maybe its just a bad night but no every night the entertainment was the hotel staff! One night a lady was dressed as a clown dancing with the only 2 children in the room and the other member of staff on the stage said over the microphone how long have you worked here she replied i don't wok here I am on holiday that just goes to show how bad the entertainment is! The drink well!!! the bar does not have any bottles of drink on show you have to pick from a small list stuck to the wall half of the non alcoholic drinks were not available or tasted like they had run out the alcoholic drinks were like water and I am not even a big drinker! We spent our nights out. PLEASE listen to this review DO NOT VISIT THIS HOTEL IT WILL RUIN YOUR HOLIDAY SPEND A BIT EXTRA YOU REALLY WONT REGRET IT I WILL NEVER RETURN WORST HOTEL EVER!!! "

• Travel date: Fri 4th of September 2015

blue seas gran playa in sa coma/ fron s.r t. from wigan

Reviewed Tue 15th of October 2013

"The apartment was not well kept, it was clean every where but the kitchen part. The beds are only changed twice a week, and in Oct I had to ask for blankets ,I require gluten free food and was told they provided this but they did not and the food that was there was by no means very good, there was only plastic cups to drink out of and the 2 coffee/tea machines where never working right, and where not kept clean I cannot comment on the rooms of the hotel as we stayed as stated in an apartment, the only good point I found was the reception .staff they where good the cleaning girls also ,the rest.staff looked as though they where serving a prison sentence. The hotel is not near the beech and though it is rated 3 star I have never stayed in a 3 star as bad as this, I understand that you get what you pay for and one should not go by pictures alone, but I think anyone who says that this hotel is value for money can not be to choosey and are willing to put up with it then good luck to them , but we wont , Sa Coma is very nice and I would revisit it again but I /we will look for a better hotel I think it will be quite easy to find one"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of October 2013

APALLING

Reviewed Tue 13th of August 2013

"Dreadful service, rude staff with a couldn't care less attitude to guests
Food inedible; paid for all inclusive but had to eat out
Rooms basic but towels and bedding only changed every 5-7 days
Entertainment poor
Cleanliness poor

• Travel date: Sun 11th of August 2013

Shocking service and attitudes

Reviewed Tue 6th of August 2013

"We got allocated the aparthotels away from the main hotel, which did not have any A/C. Had to rent a fan for 15 euros (+10 euros deposit) which made the nights easier however was stuffy when returning back to the aparthotel. When we finally found our apartment (badly lit at night with small signs indicating the apartment numbers!) it was definitely not what we were expecting.

I didn't expect mosquitoes splattered across the bedroom walls with blood trails to be part of the decor. Not one but several which was revolting. I opened up the wardrobe to put some clothes away but there was a huge damp patch at the corner thus bringing with it a damp smell ... so had to live out the suitcase for the entire time we were there. OK fine, I can bear these little things as all we needed was a hotel to relax in and a bed to sleep in a night. Not much to ask for I don't think.

But I draw the line at ants. In the bedroom. We got back to the hotel after a day of sunbathing to have a shower. Both my boyfriend and I were sprawled on the bed chilling out, when I see something move. I look down and see an ant. How odd. So I took care of it and next thing I know I see another ant. As this seemed strange we both looked at the floor to see if we could find out where they were coming from. My boyfriend pulls the beds apart (two singles put together) and starts looking and then asks me if there's something on his back. I look and there's an ant crawling up his back!?! I was fuming .. who wants to pay all that money for a holiday but only to have ants crawling everywhere?!!? He looked down from where he pulled the beds out from against the wall and there was a trail of ants trotting up and down along the edge of the wall!!

He immediately went to the reception to complain and came back to tell me that they were going to send a maid to spray the ants. He asked for another room and they refused, stating that they were fully booked. We then went back together and the receptionist just shrugged when I told her there were ants in our room, with an "am I bothered" look on her face!! As I was quite upset another receptionist took over (looked like a higher ranked receptionist) and told us that they were all fully booked. I asked her to put us up in any sister hotels whilst the fumes settle and she said they were all fully booked, without even checking and ringing around. Her reply: "I know because it's July and it's fully booked everywhere" in a snobby voice!! If I wanted another hotel then I would need to pay myself or go through our travel agency!!

The ants occurred in THEIR hotel and they want US to pay extra for their lack of health and safety of management of their hotel rooms??! How does that even make any sense anywhere on the planet?? They were not fazed at all by the fact that the ants were crawling everywhere and up my boyfriend's back .. and they didn't care that his skin could have reacted to the ants .. they just DID NOT CARE.

We saw A LOT of people complaining at the reception that time and every time we went past, both local and foreign. So it's not a British thing at all .. the service is appalling and the lack of due care and attention are shocking.
The rooms are cleaned every two days despite them handing us a guide on our arrival, stating that the rooms are cleaned every day except for Thursdays and Sundays .. Had to ask for clean towels ALL the time.
Sun loungers are impossible to get hold of unless you get up at the crack of dawn to put your towel out .. or sleep out on the lounger as we saw one person doing it … people just leave their towels out overnight!
Don't waste your money on this hotel and go elsewhere .. PLEASE!!

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of August 2013

Stay clear of hotels annex, blue sea apartment block

Reviewed Tue 14th of May 2013

"Having just returned from a 4 night stay, at BLUE SEA, complex, the apartment we were given, was disgusting, damp, smelly, stained mattress's, we were self catering, not enough equipment, faulty cooker, (found out after having a belt off it) bare wires showing, which had started to burn top of fridge ....towels and bedding not changed for duration of stay, bathroom grubby,overall would have benifited from a dam good clean, Ok so the holiday was cheap,` it is a base to sleep, i can honestly say, dont go off the pics, if you think im lie'n, go yourselfs and see, how do they say it is 3*, should be a 1*, Travel companys should go and do there own inspections, if not they will end up having a bad name, Me and my hubby, were looking forward to the break, but couldnt wait to get home, "

• Travel date: Fri 10th of May 2013

Not normally one to complain

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"Usually I am not a person who would complain but after staying at this hotel I have just finished writing a 3 page complaint letter to On the Beach about our stay here. The staff were miserable all the time, who can blame them when all they get from the paying customer is complaint after complaint. This hotel should be closed down and totally refurbished, it is dangerous.

While staying there an elderly lady had her bag snatched whilst entering the lift in the hotel lobby. Another person had a ceiling tile fall on their head. A child narrowly missed some concrete falling on their head whilst in the pool...... another lady fell in the darkness on her way to the apartments across the road and badly damaged her face.

No need to say anymore. All of the bad reviews on here are totally true, food a disgrace and like others all we ate were bread rolls, cheese, tomatoes and pasta. The 'hot' choices were always cold. No cups of tea or coffee available during lunch or dinner and if you had a cuppa at breakfast it was usually served in a plastic cup not meant for hot drinks!

I can't explain how disappointed we are in our stay, it was depressing (and that is an understatement).

The only good thing about the whole week was getting out of the hotel and going into the resort bars / restaurants which were brilliant. The beach is beautiful and the island gorgeous.

There are more than one hotel in this chain, apparently there is a 'sister' hotel in Cala Millor.... Some of the holidaymakers were sent here on their first night as their rooms were 'not available'. According to the people who went there the Gran Playa was 'luxurious' in comparison. Frightening!!

Don't go, book somewhere else whatever the cost.

Disgruntled and disappointed
Sue :-( "

• Travel date: Tue 9th of October 2012

Hell hole !!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Tue 28th of August 2012

"We stayed at the gran playa as a family of four, two children aged 11 and 15. When we arrived at midnight we where given our key to the room in the hotel. We went up and the heat then hit us. I was told by travel rep when I booked there would be air con. We went to reception after a long days traveling and hired four fans this cost us £160 euros (good start to alinclusive holiday!) The room was very basic but ok,however we had no change of bedding for the 11 days we spent there also it was like pulling teeth to get clean towels. After trying the food it got to the point where my two children wouldn't go near the restaurant . We ate out the whole time and spent a fortune. We didn't want our holiday to be ruined so just spent what we needed to and enjoyed being out and about in the lovely sa coma.The funny thing was the pool area you would have this very large que every morning for the sun beds around the pool. The man would open the door to let people put their towels down and people would be like ants running all over the place getting beds. Our family never bothered most the beds were broken and very dirty. My advice buy a air bed and put your towel down on that much nicer. The beach in sa coma is lovely worth a vist, also the Britannia pub lovely food good prices. My tip do not leave windows open at night you will get eaten alive by Mosquitos or ants. I was very miss sold this holiday by ice lolly they ensured that the hotel had air conditioning in restaurant and reception area and it clearly did not. If you want to go away on a budget keep from this hotel it is a total rip off !!!"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of August 2012

dont go there

Reviewed Fri 15th of June 2012

"haveing spent last week at the hotel from the blitz. was so glad to leave it behind. travelled with a party of 7 including two children, upon arrival found we hadnt been allocated our rooms.receptionist saying she couldnt find our booking. upon being shown our reciepts and emails as proof, we were told we would have to wait while two rooms could be found and made ready. 4hrs later one room found room 2 was found 2 hours after that,rooms not very clean. bathroom disgusting. kitchen area not hygenic fridge full or rust,we were all inclusive so no need to use it. how wrong can you be, food uneatable mainly consisting of salad, pasta,and chips at every meal with other dishes that looked vile. bread and ice cream the only things that were any good. staff very unpleasant neva smiled or spoke. hotel over run with cats.flees and vermine. pool area at main hotel over crowded pool two over the road had a very rough floor and not enough sun loungers and no parasols or padding and split bases, rooms only had bin emptied once and no bedding or towels changed. entertainment in the hotel practically none exsistant,after talking to several other holiday makers we found that we were not the only people to be shocked at the standard of the hotel.it shouldnt be a one star hotel how it got to be a 3 star beggers belief. on the plus side eating away from the hotel was a pleasant if not more expensive experience, friendly and welcoming pubs and eateries,and sa coma is a lovely resort with good beach. would i go there again ? yes. but not to the gran playa, it gives sa coma a bad name,"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of June 2012

PINK CHICKEN , COLD STAND UP WASHES AND COCKROACHES

Reviewed Tue 22nd of May 2012

"me and my boyfriend have just arrived home from the Gran playa today, we was all inclusive and spent 7 nights at faulty towers. as soon as we arrived a couple were complaining of lack of towels and being unable to shower, also wishing us good luck !! the food was OK, very standard, strange dishes such as rabbit, seahorse and cauliflower nuggets?! however the worst part of our stay was the chicken at tea time, half way through eating the chicken my boyfriend noticed it was pink inside - resulting in myself sat next to the toilet being sick all night. after this we decided to eat out every night - costing us a fortune when we had paid for all inclusive.
families with children were complaining and very unhappy due to it being unsafe and unsanitary !
overall ..... the gran playa hotel SUCKS. only suitable for a couple who aren't bothered about anything other than a bed!!
on the upside we met some lovely people - who are also going back to the travel agents to complain due to not being able to shower for a week and finding cockroaches in the bedroom ...

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of May 2012

dont go there

Reviewed Mon 24th of October 2011

"we have just returned from a week at the gran playa and its the worst hotel i have ever stayed in paid for all inclusive which was a waste of money as the food was so disgusting we ate out 5 days of 7, the hotel is dirty and totally run down the rooms we were put in were not in the main hotel but in a apartment block across the road so if you wanted a drink you had to keep walking over to the main hotel, the staff were not very helpfull or friendly and the entertaintment was non exsistant"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of October 2011

what you make of it!

Reviewed Wed 19th of October 2011

"we went in september, the staff were unhappy and seemed tired, the entertainment was awful. the food was ok at the beggining, but got worse as the food was always the same. we spent alot of money on food which you shouldnt have to do with an all inclusive holiday. you get what you pay for and its what you make of it. we had ants in our room our tabs didn't work and the beds where horrible. the weather and the company made the holiday. id stay there again on a self catering basis. "

• Travel date: Tue 4th of October 2011

Avoid at all costs!! Avoid at all costs!! Avoid at all costs!!

Reviewed Tue 11th of October 2011

"AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!
SOMEBODY FROM ANOTHER ROOM WAS SICK ON OUR BALCONY AND IT TOOK THEM NEARLY TWO DAYS TO CLEAN IT!!
We booked this place as we were looking for a cheap, last minute family getaway. We weren’t expecting the Hilton by any means however; this place isn’t fit for human occupation.
We’ve stayed in plenty of 3 star hotels before and whilst you don’t get the facilities or luxury you get when you stay in 4/5 star hotels, we’ve always found them to be clean and functional – this was neither.
The pool has numerous tiles missing and black mildew where the tiles used to be. The baby pool floor is ridiculously slippy – my daughter fell and banged her ribs within ten minutes of being in it.
The whole of the pool area was filthy – there were all sorts of rubbish and cigarette ends discarded around, that had clearly been there for a while as well.
On our first night, we finally got to sleep around 2am due to the noise only to wake up and find someone had vomited over their balcony onto ours. We went to reception at 7.30am to ask to transfer our room (as we had other issues I’ll mention further down), only to be told we needed to come back at 9am. Went back at 9am, got told to come back at 10am, and went back at 10am to be told the person we needed to speak wasn’t there. The worrying thing is that the chap o reception seemed surprised we wanted to move and said that our room “is a good room” which doesn’t say much for the rest of the hotel.
Then we had to ASK them to clean the balcony! We were told it would be done before 10pm but unsurprisingly it wasn’t. It wasn’t until 6pm the next day before someone came to clean it – which actually involved just slopping a mop quickly around and then giving it a quick brush, by the time she’d finished there was still vomit on the balcony, just less of it and it was more widely spread!
Our fridge constantly leaked – when mentioned to one of the staff it transpires it was because we’d opened it, what were we thinking?!
We had ants crawling all over the sink/kitchen area and were actually living behind the tiles.
Bar one member, all the staff were rude, surly, miserable and extremely unhelpful.
The food was absolutely dreadful and the hot food at least was just pre heated slop out of big catering tins. There was minimal choice, particularly for kids – basically chips then alternated nightly between a form of fish finger and chicken nuggets.
Every meal time also involved our favourite game of find a clean plate – usually took 4/5 attempts. If you don’t get down to breakfast before half 8, then you can forget getting a cup also. They ran out one day, so my wife asked a member of staff for a cup and was told, with a shrug of the shoulders, “none left”!
The “maid service” was virtually nonexistent, we were there for 4 nights and only ever had our beds made – no clean towels, nor floor cleaned.
The toilet was filthy and wouldn’t flush.
The whole place was crawling with insects. As well as the ants in our room, my wife found an unidentified white bug crawling across her chest, we saw cockroaches in the dining room and the amount of flies was ridiculous – although you know what they say about fly’s so it would make sense with this hotel!
I never get bitten whilst on holiday, but my wife and I both came home covered in bites which I’m 99% certain are bed bug bites.
In the four days we were there, the police visited three times!
The last night there was someone dropping two litre bottles of water from the 4th or 5th floor onto our balconies on the first floor.
The beds were like sleeping on concrete.
The room was an accident waiting to happen – broken glass in the window, light fittings hanging off, very slippy floors – not exactly ideal for a family holiday!
The whole area was a dump – it feels like they built this hotel and then some form of slum has been built around it.
I can’t stress enough that you need to avoid this dump like the plague – it may have been ok 40/50 years ago when it opened but it hasn’t been decorated (nor cleaned I suspect!) since.
Easily the worst four nights of my life – the holiday was completely ruined by this cesspit.
Poor food, rude staff, filthy, insect infected, dangerous, noisy hell hole occupied mainly by fat, Irish or northern, chain smoking alcoholics.
I’d rather do four days in prison than go back to this place again.
(Photos attached of most of the above issues.)

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2011

Hotels near Blue Sea Gran Playa

Top traveller tips for Blue Sea Gran Playa

• bzykugb by bzykugb

"Good food but very expensive Burger king meal 8 euro!! No jet ski,bannna rides,surfing,etc "

• tracey dunne by tracey dunne

"beaches loverly,sa coma its self not great for kids "

• Worst Hotel ever.... by Worst Hotel ever....

"The beach is lovely and it is a great family place. The airport id 2 and a half hrs from air port!! "

• Worst Hotel ever.... by Worst Hotel ever....

"Britainia- sea front british restaurant "

• "Sa Coma is a lovely place this was our 5th time there and would go again. "

• "J Js is the best place any time of the day, friendly owners/staff "

• tash by tash

"its a beautiful place, lots of nice walks! and a castle "

• tash by tash

"brittania bar was nice, we also found a nice spanish bar in near by silliot! "

• lovingthegaga by lovingthegaga

"Avoid this hotel at all costs "

• Lovinggaga by Lovinggaga

"Don't stay at the Gran Playa "

• ryans by ryans

"loved sa coma - it was a great holiday and would love to go again "

• geordie by geordie

"take your own entertainment "

• jags by jags

"sa coma beach is the best i have experienced "

• boot by boot

"go if you like cheap and cheerful "

• madcow by madcow

"nice place choose your hotel careful "

• kieracarmen by kieracarmen

"beautifull,we will come next year again "

• 123 by 123

"not a family hotel sa coma is lovely "

• ellen by ellen

"food was good you allways find something to eat we went out for one meal in a week "

• twiggyloopdavison by twiggyloopdavison

"join in with pool entertainment "

• St Christopher by St Christopher

"Try to speak a few words of Spanish - even if it's only please and thank you (por favor y gracias ). Try to learn the names of the staff "

Blue Sea Gran Playa is also called