About Hotel Eden Nord

• french amenities
  • ironing service
  • shared lounge tv area
  • snack bar
  • sun loungers beach chairs
  • german amenities
  • sun umbrellas
  • hiking amenities
  • sun terrace
  • bicycle rental
  • pool beach towels
  • spanish amenities
  • board games puzzles
  • free public parking nearby
  • billiards

Good

The 2nd Worst Hotel I have Stayed In-To be avoided until it improves.

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"The location is fine, about 2-5 minutes from the port, and quite central. On a steepish hill, car parking difficult.

We were there for 10 days, and it was not good. The first room we had [on 3rd floor to the rear] was clean[ish], a double with an extra bed put in it , making it very difficult to walk round. The shower fell off the wall, and the toilet roll holder was broken, there was constant damp on the bathroom floor, all of which we complained about, but nothing was done.

We asked to change our room, but were told that 'the management do not like to change rooms'. Repeated requetsts to speak with the manager [who apparently visited the hotel for one hour on a daily basis] went unfulfilled.

The rooms are bare and unloved, and there is very little in the way of toiletries, towels or any sense that the management cares about it's guests.

The hotel has recently been bought by the Eden Hotel, also in Puerto de Soller, they have a mountain to climb to bring it up to a 3 star hotel. Most of the staff are defensive and unable/unwilling to help. They appear to be demotivated and unsupported, as well as expected to do a great deal like running both the bar and the reception, resulting in very long waits at both.

After very heavy rain , at 2.30 in the morning, we woke to a flooded room, water pouring in through the heating/air conditioning vent. A call to reception resulted in 3 rooms being offered [none avialble?]. They were all dark and at the back of the hotel, one room had a balcony door with no lock, one was very small and dark, so we accepted the 3rd, which was passable [just] although the curtain rail was hanging down from the celing, and the bath was so small that you needed to be five to lay out in it. The safe [for which a charge was made] was very difficult to lock, as was the balcony door. No apology or offer of help was made, so we moved ourselves in the middle of the night.

The breakfast was adequate, but largely unlabelled, so it was sometimes hard to know what you were eating, and the tea was undrinkable [bring your own]. We ate supper twice, it was fine, if uninspired.

For the first week we were there we were forbidden to use the gym/jacuzzi as they were taken over by an Austrian /German group of dancers, as was the bar in the evening, where they danced. Not welcoming.

The Turkish Bath was unavailable too [didn't work] staff were unable to say when it would be in working order, or when it last was, very disappointing. The swimming pool is small, and not very accessable, the rails to the steps are coming away from their housing.

To be avoided until it improves."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of October 2012

Ella

Reviewed Thu 1st of September 2011

"We spent a week in this hotel 20.8.11-26.08.11, we had all inclusive,we were disappointed ,the food was not acceptable,after two days we had stomach problems,we could not eat anything besides the rolls,the bar staff was not polite,we had ants in the room,and bugs in the bathtub(do not know what it was)"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of August 2011

Beautiful views, good location, helpful staff

Reviewed Tue 16th of August 2011

"This was my first stay in Mallorca with my partner and we wern't disappointed. The hotel was clean with large rooms and no extra charge for air-con which we have had elsewhere. Maybe we were lucky to be staying on the 5th floor but the views were absolutely stunning and the balcony's were large enough to sit out on and enjoy the cool evenings. We were staying B&B so can't comment on dinners but breakfasts had a good selection of food and drinks. Overall I liked the hotel and we will stay there again with no worries. The holtel has two lifts so no walking up stairs everytime you come and go. Finally the hotel is about a 3 minute walk from the town/beach and its a lovely family resort."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of August 2011

Good hotel, good price

Reviewed Thu 12th of August 2010

"I have just returned from my holiday which I spent with my girlfriend in hotel Suliar Palace. The hotel is very good and especially reasonable price. When we checked in the hotel, we got a room on first floor with view to a wall. I asked at the reception if we get another room and second day we got room on the fifth floor with sea view - the stuffs are very friendly and everytime willing to help you. The room was small but nice and clean, equiped with air condition. The hotel has Wi-Fi, 2 swimming pools and fitness. Food was also very good- wide variety, tasty, fresh... we had only problems with drinks - coffee, cappuccino or juice were not drinable. Overall it is very good hotel for very good price."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of August 2010

Having read mixed reviews before my holi...

Reviewed Tue 9th of September 2008

"Having read mixed reviews before my holiday I now can understand why, The hotel rooms are very adequate for a 3*, however my bath & shower needed a spuce up. The food was pretty good overall, plenty on choice however nothing was labelled up so if you are vegetarian or more importantly have an allergie - you had no way of knowing what was in the food. The gym looked like a torture chamber, and the indoor pool was about to have the ceiling collaspe in it. The outdoor pool is ok but could have been bigger.

The staff speak very little English - I was left to book out at 6:30am with trying to have a conversation with the receptionist who did not speak English. Thank god my taxi was on time!

Then their was the german teenages running about, shouting and thinking they owned the place on a supervised holiday- one night they come back about 1am shouting and running along corridors like a heard of Elephants.

The actual place of Puerto de Soller is Beautiful, make sure you take the boat trip and the tram to soller. Although not a great deal to do if you have not got a car. I have 6 days, 7nths here and needed no longer. "

• Travel date: Tue 9th of September 2008

The Suliar Palace was a second choice fo...

Reviewed Mon 25th of August 2008

"The Suliar Palace was a second choice for our family. We had 5 adults and a 4year old in our party.
The hotel was nice enough and fairly clean, the pool was rather steep and had a sudden dip in the middle where the depth fell rapidly, which was quite dangerous and there was no signage. The indoor pool was dirty and the ceiling looked as though it was going to cave in at any moment, with tiles with huge holes in the middle!
At the time we went the hotel was over run with German teenagers on a supposed "supervised" holiday. These teenagers were given priority over other guest and tables in the badly laid out dining room were kept specifically for them, on more than one occasion we were asked to move by staff who all spoke very poor English.
Our rooms were nice and clean, we were lucky to have a huge balcony! unfortuntely i am doubtful that our sheets were cleaned in the 10 nights we stayed.
The food was also very poor, same things night after night sitting in the same spot. Food was fried by a chef in front of you but there was never enough and she was very slow.
We got to know the one bar man that worked there he was brilliant and really made our holiday, he was especially good and friendly with my 4 year old son, who adored him and still ask where Gimi is!!
Overall Port de Soller is a beautiful little place, but with not a lot to do. Its worth taking the train into Soller for a look around the boutiques. The marina in port de soller is also beautiful and the views are spectacular.
I might recommend this for couples looking for a quiet holiday lying by the pool, its not good for famillies as there is very little for children to do."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of August 2008

Never knew the spainish were grumpy untill I stayed here!!

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"This hotel is in the most amazing setting, rolling montains, a pretty little harbour but boy o boythe staff in the hotal didn't have a smile between them!!. I thought spainish pepole were friendly, helpfully and would do anything they could to help not at this hotel! The hotel it self was fab you could eat your dinner off the floor it was that clean and the food was good, but again the staff were moody and unhelpfull. It took at least half an hour to get a drink each time, we paid all incluesive but many times brought bottles of drink from the town, we laugh about it and we did have a fantastic time thanks to all the great people we meet."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of August 2007

Great value for money

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"The hotel itself was fine, it was clean and very tidy. The reception and bar area was very spacious and we found the staff very friendly. We always make the effort to try and speak a little spanish and this goes a long way. Although the pool wasn't very large it was nice and private and there were plenty of sunbeds to lie on.

The room we had was neat and tidy and the beds were made and bathroom cleaned every day. The cleaning staff were very polite and we had no experiences of them walking into our room unannounced. Our balcony overlooked the beautiful valley towards Figuera and was North facing so was nice and cool in the morning. Everything in our room was in working order and I found it pleasant enough after all it's not an expensive place to stay.

The only critisism I would have was that the food wasn't very appetising' it was bland and not well cooked so we ate out most nights. We had paid for half board but that wasn't a problem. I probably wouldn't stay there again but for a last minute booking and on reading the other reviews I was pleasantly surprised."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of July 2007

The hotel is in a quiet position approx...

Reviewed Fri 29th of June 2007

"The hotel is in a quiet position approx 3 minutes walk downhill from the shops and restaurants, it takes a bit longer to get back as the hill is quite steep.

The room was standard except for the twin beds which were extra-wide - lovely in hot weather! The balcony had drying lines and boasted a good view.

Staff were friendly but the cleaning was perfunctory and bed-making not too good. We had no dinners in the hotel but breakfast provided a good variety of dishes including fresh fruit, the tea was dreadful - buy your own from the supermarket.

The resort is beautiful with friendly people, great food, and regular bus and tram services.

Two restaurants to recommend - Los Palmeras on the front has an excellent chef and a real character to serve you; Campo Sol, round the back of the Marina Hotel, is a real family run Spanish trattoria with great food - but you have to be patient as you can wait a long time to be served.

Book a shuttle bus from the UK as you cannot buy tickets from the airport - alternatively use the buses, taxis cost around 50 Euros from the airport to hotel.

If you go to Palma but some fruit from the morning produce market - scrumptious!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of June 2007

Avoid at all costs

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"This place was without doubt the worst hotel I have ever experienced, and it was enought to reduce my wife to tears. The service was completely uaccceptable for/to anyone who travels modestly often (2-3 times per year), and would have been enough to make a frequent traveller simply refuse to stay there. The pool was about the size of a postage stamp. The roon had a balcony so small that we had to take turn to look at the view of the new road being constructed. It was imposssible to communicate our unhappiness to the staff, as none of them spoke english sufficiently well. The travel repwas alsouninterested in helping. After much much complaining we were 'upgraded' to a slightly better room, but still spent the time trying to get moved to the Hotel Es Port, which was lovely. The staff at Es Port had apparently come across refugees from The Sulair palace before and allowed us to use their facilities, including the evening banquet, at a modest additional charge. Our friends were staying there, and there simply was no comparison. The food was simply awful, cold, and like having dinner in a school canteen. We ended up eating out each night. I tried to get a ice bucket from the bar staff who refused. I went and bought ice, assuming this was the problem (that I was not buying the rubbish wine they were selling), but still they refused. Eventually I put the ice I'd bought into the bin in the bedroom. I could go on and on, but cannot be bothered. Just take it as read, its terrible through and through. I hope the hotel managers get a chance to read this, as they should be ashamed of the horrible hotel they run. If you are reading this (yes you, the guy who simply waved me a way when I tried to say I wanted my money back), get out of the tourist business, for the sake of all those honest tourists you are conning."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of November 2006

Poor service

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Not the greatest experience. Arrived to find the hotel was already fully booked (even though we booked a year ago!) so we had to stay the first 3 nights in a different hotel. The manager, by way of compensation, upgraded us to fully inclusive and we were initially very pleased with this. However, fully inclusive in this hotel means that you get all the low quality drinks, poor service and are generally treated like a second class citizen. The bar was very poorly staffed and the service in the dining room was a joke. We had to clear and set our own tables. The food quality was below standard and the house wine undrinkable. If we had paid for fully inclusive we would have been extremely disappointed.

In summary we all thought that the hotel was very poorly managed and customer service non-existent. Avoid if possible."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of August 2006

Decent Value

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"The Suliar Palace has the potential to be a really excellent hotel. The location is just a short walk to this lovely port and most rooms on the 4th and 5th floors have a good view of the water and hillsides. It's construction features were really designed with the idea this COULD be a 4 start hotel.

However, management has decided to aim for the more plentiful budget minded tourist. They do a very decent job of this but expect food that is of marginal quality and lacks creative preparation and flavor.

The coffee they provide is horrible.

We also required a minor repair but it was completed on the 4th day of our stay.

Since we are out of our room most of the time we couldn't pass up the great price."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of January 2006