Sis Pins

Paseo Anglada Camarassa 77, 07470 Port de Pollenca, Majorca Spain

very good

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We just spent 10 days at this hotel and had a wonderful time. We had booked a room with a terrace and a sea view and it was well worth the extra cost as the view was superb, the sunbeds and shade on the terrace were also a great touch. The rooms come equiped with tea/coffee making facilities and having a fridge in the room is great for cold drinks. The air con works very well and is silent when running.
I feel the main advantage of this hotel is that everyone is so friendly, the staff at reception were wonderful and nothing was a problem, the bar/restaurant waiter were very efficient and the maids did a very good job in the rooms (although they don't clean glasses or cups) The private solarium is a great place to spend some time during the day. We had 2 evening meals at the hotel at the secial price of 17 euros (this was 3 courses off the a la'carte menu and a glass of wine) and both meals were very good. The only complaints that I have is that the bar stops serving at midnight and guests are not allowed to smoke on their balconies (if you want to smoke you have to go outside to the main terrace)"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of July 2008

Very Good Hotel.

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Super 'Spanish Hotel'. Spanish furniture with art etc.
Very clean hotel and friendly staff. Reception excellent without being intrusive . Bar and prices good with good waiting staff. Breakfast continental /and British.
Excellent holiday. Will return.
ps Watch out for the manic licra cyclists on the pine walk!!
They come in batches 10 - 20 at a time and stop for nobody."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of May 2008

Bar/Restaurant staff disappointed me

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"We returned for another week in this hotel having had a fantastic time there last year.

Once again, we cannot fault the cleanliness of the rooms and the hotel in general. We still love the private solarium down by the beach although this year I noticed many people from outwith the hotel coming round by the beach and using the sun loungers.

We had a room with a balcony facing the Formentor Road which was quite nice as the road is fairly quiet and you see a lot going on, if people watching is your thing these balconies are brilliant. Drawbacks are they are a tad smaller and you have little privacy from your neighbours.

Reception staff were fantastic as always, helping us with directions and I cannot praise them enough.

The cleaning staff were great, once again although they never washed our glasses or cups but they were easily rinsed out in the sink.

I was however extremely disappointed with the bar/restaurant staff. On one occasion they shortchanged us by 10 euros but I thought this to be an innocent mistake so let it go however the next day the same staff then took away our cash for lunch and never returned with the change. I feel disappointed that I sat for a further 25 minutes waiting for this whilst the table next to us paid and left with their change in this time. It became apparent to us that we were not receiving our change and that the staff were avoiding coming near us! The change was a pretty large amount and in total was 20% of our bill.

I am strongly of the opinion that it is my choice to tip waiting staff and I would never leave such a large tip, especially when it is not justified. We had to order drinks 3 times before they arrived and the waiters did not smile and were not friendly towards anyone that week it seems. I find it alarming that staff have to stoop to such levels to make tips!

I left a note with the hotel questionnaire on our departure inviting them to contact me about my negative comments but sadly they have not and I cannot see us returning to this hotel. Globespan also only allow you 20kgs of luggage including your hand luggage and are starting to become very strict about this so we think it is time to start using another tour operator, particularly when they advertise being able to purchase extra weight but then tell you it is sold out for this flight!

Puerto Pollensa itself will never lose it's charm and beauty and we hope to return there time and time again. Our top restaurants this year were The Ivy Garden, Maxim and our beloved Tango (although this is sadly relocating). Morning/evening coffee in Cafe L'Algar was wonderful as always."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of November 2007

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"My wife and I are just back from a two week holiday in the Sis Pins. We had an apartment with a balcony facing the Formentor road. It was very quiet as most of the traffic to Formentor now uses the new road. The hotel is just excellent . It very clean and all staff are extremely helpful. It is a bonus to get free towels and a safety deposit box although a refundable deposit is required. Sun loungers are also free. Breakfasts in the hotel are extremely good catering for a wide range of culinary tastes from fruit to fry ups."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of September 2007

best 3 star hotel, recommended by me

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"me and my husband are just back from a 10 night stay at the sis pins, we never had a sea view but i dont think it really matters.
the rooms are spotless, towels are changed every day.
breakfast was really good, loads to choose from, the dinners in the hotel are good.
its a shame they have no pool, but the sea is just as good.
the hotel will supply you will beach towlels for 10 euros, they will refund yu this at the end of your holiday, and you can have clean towels every day.
i would recommend booking this hotel, i will be going back, its the best 3 star i have stayed in..."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of August 2007

Don't Miss A Stay At This Hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Just back from 12 days in the Sis Pins Hotel and cannot fault this hotel in any way. The room was spotless, the views magnificent, the food delicious, the staff extremely well mannered and helpful, and the public areas of the hotel were immaculate. The cleaners worked endlessly to keep this hotel spotless, and fresh flowers around the hotel were a nice homely touch. Another service which was excellent was the ability to hire beach towels for your entire stay which could be changed as often as you liked. This only cost a deposit of 10 euros per person which was refunded at the end of your stay. Would definitely recommend the sea view rooms with balconies as these had stunning views across the whole bay and marina. All the staff were extremely helpful and the breakfasts were great, especially when you could enjoy these sitting outside looking over the bay and marina.
This is the best 3* hotel we have stayed in and Globespan are to be commended on this little gem!"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of July 2007

Good Holiday

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Just back after one week and can say this is the very best three star hotel ever, the rooms and all the hotel are truly first class and so cleen, it is so good we could not fault it .
Do not miss it if you get a chance to go."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Sis Pins Hotel, Pollenca, Mallorca.

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"My girlfriend had previously visited the Sis Pins Hotel with her daughter and recommended to me, knowing that a holiday in Mallorca wasn't "my thing". But I loved the hotel: so relaxed, wonderful, huge breakfasts, a terrific view from our room over the bay, and a very understanding barman around midnight. And although we were only there for four days/nights, Pollenca is very well situated for access to the rest of the island, with a good bus service to Palma. I hope to visit it again!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2007

Excellent Hotel

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Enjoyed our stay at this hotel. always clean and tidy. Its worth paying the extra for a room with a sea view as they have been renovated and have excellent views. Our room over looked the next door building but was fine for a short stay.
The breakfast in the resturant was standard Spanish hotel breakfast. It also served lunch and dinner which had great seafood!!
The staff in the hotel and were very friendly. Many were Scottish so language was never a problem!
The hotel is central for everything in Pollenca, excellent hotel for a relaxing break."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of December 2005

Brilliant hotel-great price

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Stayed at Sis Pins in Pollensa in August. It was booked via Globespan as an extra holiday. It was very cheap, infact our cheapest holiday ever, and it was superb.

The hotel was immaculate, breakfasts were brilliant and staff were all friendly and helpful. The only thing the hotel didn't have was a pool but it was not missed as it is located on the beachfront.Plenty of restaurants nearby too. All very good value.

We have been to Majorca six times previously with Thomsons at double the price. This was superb value for money and in an excellent location. Globespan flights were good too.We have booked another extra week for next year."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of October 2005

Watch your bicycle

Reviewed Thu 8th of December 2011

"I booked a stay at the Sis Pins hotel in Puerto Pollensa for June 2011 2 weeks. Because this was a cycling vacation for me, I checked with a few local bike shops, and one recommended this hotel as a 3* that many other cyclists used. I was given a code to their "safe" storage room to keep my rental. The hotel clerk assured me that they had "never had any problems" with keeping bicycles in this storage area because of the security code. On the 10th day of my stay my bicycle disappeared. The hotel manager went with me to the police station where I was made to feel as though I was in some way responsible. In fact, the bike shop owner came to the hotel ask who was going to pay for the bike. The hotel manager said because it was a "storage" room, they were not responsible. I lost my saddle and bike pedals, which I had brought with me for comfort. No one seemed to care and more than that, I was on my own for the rest of my vacation to procure another bike. Of course the original bike shop would not rent to me, as if I was the culprit. The other shop I visited was accommodating, but I felt it was my responsibility to alert them of the situation at the Sis Pins. They rented to me on the condition I kept the bike in my room. Once home in the states, I have been emailing the owner of the hotel regarding the loss of my saddle and pedals (total value $235.00). He assured me that he would look into the matter of the theft and reimbursement. To date I have heard nothing, despite numerous emails. "

• Travel date: Wed 7th of December 2011

Sis Pins is a fabulous Hotel in an idyll...

Reviewed Thu 27th of July 2006

"Sis Pins is a fabulous Hotel in an idyllic resort. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The food is top notch and a special rate is offered to residents if they wish to dine in the evening. The hotel is set in the heart of Puerto Pollensa just before the start of the Pine Walk, it is beside the shore and has its own private sun bathing area.

The rooms are spotless and are attended to on a daily basis. Each room has a TV, small fridge and tea making facilities. You can hire some articles such as a hair dryer and beach towels (saves carrying these).

Prices vary depending on whether the rooms have a sea view, back view or internal courtyard balcony - each has its own merits - we had a back view and the sun shone on the balcony in the evenings.

Puerto Pollensa is not for those who like the wild night life - but there are a huge number of restaurants offering all varieties of cuisine from traditional Mallorcan and tapas to Moroccan, Japanese, French, Chinese, Indian etc. many had live music in the evenings.

Puerto Pollensa is a beautiful little town with miles of golden sand, a picturesque port and the gorgeous Pine Walk along the north end of the shore. It is also a good base for those who like to do a bit of hill walking or cycling as it is on the edge of a hill range."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of July 2006

Hotels near Sis Pins

Stayed at Sis Pins? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sis Pins

• utah biker by utah biker

"Beware of your personal belongings - especially bicycles. "

Sis Pins is also called