Long weekend

Reviewed Mon 24th of September 2012

"Cheap and basic room O.K for a week .Location is great ,just opposite the best part of the beach.Breakfast is far better than expected at the price paid for a long weekend break.."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of September 2012

Excellent hotel. Will Stay Again.

Reviewed Wed 23rd of September 2009

"We did not expect much from this hotel, this was a budget holiday, not our main annual trip.booked this hotel for its seafront location. Very good value. The rooms were very well serviced, clean and well-kept. The food was typical Spanish fare but well presented and more choices than most. The restaurant was spotless and the chef toured the dining room regularly to see everything was ok. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, they could not do enough for you, in fact. Bar staff were pleasant and helpful, very nice friendly atmosphere throughout.
We would definitely go there again and would love to see the same obliging faces when we do. We hope you have the same pleasant experience."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of September 2009

Excellent location, average hotel

Reviewed Fri 28th of August 2009

"Firstly, Puerto Pollensa is a fantastic family orientated place. Very beautiful location, gorgeous clean beach with plenty of room to sunbathe and relax. Lots of shops and restauraunts to take your pick from. Definitely one for couples and families, not for revellers.
Now for the hotel. Rooms are very basic, we were a little gutted as we had a view of a wall, not the beach view we had hoped for. However we never stay much in our rooms anyway. Towels are changed daily and beds made. Bed sheets can be changed when you want on request, changed weekly otherwise.
Normally when I go on holiday I suffer during the night due to the heat, however these rooms have a fantastic air-conditioning system which feels so good when you return to your room, and helps you sleep sound.
My major grips was that as i was stood on our balcony i began to notice several wasps flying in and out. There was a wasp nest in the vent between our balcony and the next. I reported this immediately to reception and then the rep (Thomas Cook), however despite assurances nothing was done and I would not go out onto the balcony again. Also ants would eat the wasps when they died. Not nice to see but ants are everywhere in Mallorca. It is this reason that I probably won't stay in the Romantic again as they didn't take me seriously.
Food - basic some days, excellent others. Plenty of choice. I did feel that breakfast (8-10am) was too early and should have been open until 11am at least.
Dinner - (7-9pm) was ok. One day they served lamb, beef, chicken etc. Gentleman are required to wear trousers (jeans ok) which I had no idea about and felt that this was silly given that the dinner area resembles a canteen. (drinks aren't included as free at dinner).
Entertainment - Total lack of entertainment at the Romantic itself, however you are free to use the Pollensa Park (5 min walk maximum - also supermarket on route). This entertainment is aimed at families (singing 60's,70's,80's music, tina turner tribute, abba mamma mia musical, beijing acrobats etc) which was good and a great atmosphere. Bar staff excellent and always available. The bonus about the Romantic hotel is that you have peace and quiet, the Pollensa Park music plays into the early hours. So once you have had enough you can look to enjoy a quiet, air conditioned sleep.
Pool - No pool at the Romantic - but again you can use the Pollensa Park. The pool is big and large subathing area. Lots of children. What annoyed me is that we seemed to have adopted a german reserving sunbed mentality. You had to be down there between 9 and 10 to get a sunbed at all. People seems to put a towel down and never be seen for hours.
Location - Beach outside your front door, it doesnt get much better than that.
Overall - holiday 9/10, hotel 7/10. Don't expect too much from the hotel, but use the Pollensa Park facilities and you will have a great time.

• Travel date: Fri 28th of August 2009

Hello. I was the Thomas Cook Rep there f...

Reviewed Thu 2nd of October 2008

"Hello. I was the Thomas Cook Rep there from June 08 to September 08! I will tell you the truth about this hotel...It was a lovely hotel which caters for couples who are there to relax. I absolutely loved that hotel and it gave me no problems at all. I felt like my guests were my family and if they hadnt been there 16 times in a row they were planning to. Such a good atmosphere! The staff were very helpful and I always got compliments about how great the hotel was. It doesn't have a swimming pool but the beach is a stones throw literally and there is plenty of entertainment available in resort if you want it! Natalie x"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of October 2008

hi the wife and i had a great two weeks...

Reviewed Sat 30th of August 2008

"hi the wife and i had a great two weeks in hotel romantic.staff was brilliant food good.loved the terrace where you meet all the other guests great set up.beach across a not so busy road to us it was not like an hotel but a large house with all your friends.
bars and other entertainment all in walking distance.we are now in the process of booking again for next august.
john & chris"

• Travel date: Sat 30th of August 2008

I've never left a review before but chec...

Reviewed Sat 23rd of August 2008

"I've never left a review before but checked out hotels on many occaisions before booking and found it very useful.. Thought I'd leave one for once. The Hotel Romantic was just ideal for myself, girlfriend, her 11 year old daughter and my 14 year old son. 20 yards from a beautiful, well kept sandy beach its ideal for beach lovers. It has no pool but a minutes walk takes you to the Pollensa park hotel which has a large pool and host of activities for you to use. Different live 1 hr caberet show every night, some good some very average but everyone has their own taste in entertainment. A host of daytime activities too eg football, archery. french bowls, shooting etc..
Food at the Romantic was very good indeed. Well cooked and presented with a varied menu changed every night. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and of a good standard. Bedding changed and made up every day with clean towels left when required. Free air con which was fantastic.
Puerta Pollensa is perfect if you don't want thumping discos and nightclubs or masses of drunken, screaming over excired youths. It has, however, plenty of places to eat with many bars to choose from. Plenty of solo acts and kareoke. Usual beach sports on offer too.
I would certainly go again as would all of my companions. All the people in the hotel that we spoke to were of the same opinion.
No matter how good the Romantic is there will always be the odd person who may have a bad experience and a small minority who just like to moan and complain about every trivial detail but I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel or area itself to anyone..
Hope this is of help to you.."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of August 2008

fabulous holiday. hotel and staff were g...

Reviewed Fri 18th of July 2008

"fabulous holiday. hotel and staff were great. friendly and welcoming. rooms were basic but very clean with air conditioning which was free. food was fantastic. a different menu every night with a superb choices there is something for everyone. the outlook was fantastic. directly opposite the beach. can i say anything bad about it. the answer is no. would highly recommend to anyone. not for the young though."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

great hotel

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We have just returned from 2 week stay at the hotel Romantic and would recommend it to any one, I can,t understand why it is only a 2 star,granted ther is no pool but you can use the one at Pollensa Park which is only a few minutes walk away. The staff are friendly and helpful,the rooms spacious and clean. the food is excellent with plenty of choice at both breakfast and evening meal. The weather was,nt brilliant but the local buses stop outside the hotel and are plentiful and generally on time. we visited Pollensa, and climbed all 365 steps, alcudia both for the market and the old town. We also caught the local bus to Formanter the road was very windy but the views are brilliant. If you are thinking of visiting this hotel i am sure you wont be disappointed."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of June 2008

Nice little Hotel

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"A nice little hotel set abit further out from the centre, but right on the beach front, seperated by the main road as the whole front is. Reasonable value for money, room was comfortable and clean with a/c, food was fine and staff were mostly very friendly. Our room had decent views over the mountains and beach, but there was a loud a/c/ unit from the next door restaurant which would probably have been an issue if we were on a lower floor. We did have access to another hotel's pool, but it was very busy and we didn't need it when so close to a lovely beach. A huge choice of places to eat and drink and on the front and in the centre. The centre was a bit of a trek, about 20 minutes, but nice along the sea front, and lots of places to eat and drink along there anyway if you aren't up to walking all the way.

Overall would recommend the hotel and Pollenca itself."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of May 2008

Cheap and Cheerful

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"Me and my boyfriend went to the Hotel Romantic in September for my 21st, it was a late deal off the internet and was good value for money. The rooms are very standard and could do with updating, but served their purpose. The beach is right outside your door, and it is a lovely beach, that is not too crowded. It has a little beach hut outside your hotel for meals at dinner times which was good as we were half board. The food in the hotel was really nice, loads of choice everynight, I am a fussy eater and there was always something for me to eat. The only little thing I would say bothered me was the 15 minute walk to the center, where the bars, restaurants and shops were. It would have been nicer to be close, but if you dont mind the walk then its really good value for money. It is not for young singles or familys though, it is FULL of older couples. ( I felt we were being stared at because we were young!) and also got locked out of our hotel one night after going to watch a show that finished at 1am, which resulted in my boyfriend having to wake up the night porter to let us in, who was sleeping in the kitchen! haha."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of February 2008

Great location

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a very enjoyable stay at this hotel.A mix of ages from 1 year up to 70.
The hotel staff,food variety and rooms were all better than we expected from what is a 2 star hotel.A beautiful beach across the road and a leisurely stroll into the main restaurant/bar areas.
I would recommend this hotel for those of a more mature age looking for an enjoyable stay in a basic but clean hotel"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2007

brill

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"Our first stay here but will not be the last. Ideal for the more mature couples not really a family hotel though families welcome.Beautifull beach right outside. Food above standard.Rooms air conditioned and very comfortble.Easy for transport all inall good location lovely hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

Hotels near Hotel Romantic

Top traveller tips for Hotel Romantic

• Margaret H by Margaret H

"Getting out and about, touring the mountains in the hire car. Loved the hotel and the location. "

Hotel Romantic is also called