Puerto Azul Suite Hotel

Calle Pere Melia 4, 07470 Port de Pollenca, Majorca Spain

Great Holiday

"We have just returned from an 11 night stay at this hotel and found it faultless. We have two children, ages 7 and 4. It was our second holiday at this hotel. It was busy but not over crowded, there was no fighting for sunbeds this early in the season! We found the hotel food very good, delicious stews and fish dishes at dinner and plenty choices at the buffet breakfast also. Bedrooms are basic but spotless, how lovely not to have a television in the room, we don't go on holiday to watch TV all day. Fridges are in the rooms which you do have to rent if you want to use it. We took a travel kettle for cups of tea/coffee, if you don't want to pay for the fridge just buy a cup of milk for one euro from the bar to put in your drinks. The swimming pool is divided into three pools which are lovely and the kids play area is right near by as well with shade, a wendy house and climbing frames all over a sand base and there are dozens of buckets and spades provided, no need to bring your own. Our children went to the afternoon kids club drop in zone a few times which they enjoyed, the indoor areas for them are lovely and cool, a great break from the hot sun. It is definitely a family hotel with lots of entertainment throughout the day and the evening as well. Some of the evening entertainment was great, some not so but the children were happy. It is only a 5 minute walk from the sea front promenade which is great to stroll along as well and look in all the shops. All in all, a great holiday, i'm glad we went at this time of year because I appreciate in the school holidays it will be more packed and noisy (and definite fighting for those sunbeds!) but because it is a superfamily hotel don't always expect peace and quiet. Well done to all the hard working staff and to Carl and Sarah, the hotel reps who kept us all entertained!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of June 2008

Don't Go!

"If you don't like Butlins then don't go...We had a baby with us and we asked for a spoon to feed him a jar of food. We were told if we wanted a spoon to go to the supermarket and buy one!!! thats how child friendly they are..The food is disgusting it's just cheap mass produced stuff and the entertainment consists of a lad dancing around all day and all night...worst holiday ever been on"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of June 2008

holiday bliss

"We have just returned from a week at the puerto azul. the hotel was pretty quiet considering it was the school spring break. the hotel was nice and centrally located. The staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful. There wasn't much in the way of entertainment, there was only something on 3 nights of the week and also no teles in the rooms so very quiet-even with a 17 month old baby! I would definitely recommend this hotel-especially during the summer months where i'm sure there would be more going on and we will definitely be returning!"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of April 2008

Great hotel for families with pre-teen kids

Good

"Firstly apologies for the delay in the review , however despite reading tons of reviews in this site i have only just joined so thought i give reviewing a bash.

We booked for two weeks via the Portland Direct website travelling from Glasgow (day before the terror attacks thank god !!!) - Traveled with 4 adults and 3 chilren (15,14 and 12)

Upon arrival at the hotel first impressions were that it looked a spotlessly clean hotel and i found this to be the case for the full fortnight with apartments cleaned 6 days a week an linen cahnged 3 times per week and towels daily if required.

The rooms are comfortable if a bit dated and each room has air con which we actually found cooled the room down too much during the night !!! , the rooms are equipped with a cooker and fridge (it used to be an Aparthotel rather than a formal hotel) , the fridge has to be rented

There was a charge of 35 euros for use of the fridge during the two week break , and some have complained of this , however you normally only get fridges when self-catering so i think the charge was reasonable , if the fridges weren't in the room no one would complain about hiring them !!

The food for me was a bit of a hit and miss , breakfast being very good , however i felt that the choice in the evening was fairly limited and found myself sometimes taking food from the Childrens section (chicken nuggets , pizza etc.....) , however the food was of a good standard and kept warm all the time , i should stress that i'm a fussy eaer and others in my party though the food was great - i just don't fo on holiday to eat Goulash for example - i can eat stew at home at anytime !!!!

The pool is well laid out with plenty of space around it , the sunbed situation unfortunately is the same as almost everywhere else in Spain nowadays with people queing from 8am to get one , and they say it's a German quirk !!!

The entertainment team on site worked harded than any other reps i have ever seen on holiday , so well done to Sparkly Steve , Princess Helen , Can-Can Caroline and a big well done to Gillian as well (she was from the same small town we travelled from !!!!)

They also put on adult shows every couple of night and would recommend the Queen and Beatles tribute acts as also being the best , The Kenyan boys balncing and acrobatic act was very good also give a miss to Robbie Williams and a male/female balancing act both very poor !!!

The only down side was that while it's great for younger kids my 15 year old daughter was very bored in the evening as almost everyone was 12 or under , so my son had a great time !!

Puerto Pollens is a lovely resort and would have no hesitation going back to it and indeed back to the Puerto Azul."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

Nice place, shame about the ants!

"Recently returned from a 2 week stay in the Puerto Azul. First the positives, the entertainment was good and upto usual super family standards. Sparkly Steve was great and Princess Helen seemed to be into her stride on the job also. The hotel is spotless, very clean and the pool area is cleaned regularly. The reception staff are also helpful and the pool itself is large enough to accommodate everyone. Puerto Pollensa is a lovely resort, it is very Spanish with good beaches and restaurants/bars. The market on a Wednesday in the "square" is well worth a visit. However, most of the guests in the hotel were complaining about ants in their rooms. We had the same problem and had them in our wardrobe! Despite having antkiller put down, the ants kept appearing during the 2 weeks. In some cases on our clothes. Many other guests also had similar complaints. The sun bed situation is a nightmare, you have to get by the chained up beds by 7:30am every morning to stake your pitch ready for them being unchained by 8:30. It’s a real scrum and clearly there is not enough beds to go round at peak times. The food is average with less choice than other super family hotels, breakfasts were better than evening meals. The bar staff were a mixed bunch, you had to check your change constantly (in one case they tried to give me English coins back mixed with Euros and in another actually gave me change for a 5 Euro note when I gave them a 10 Euro note. The waiter tried to bolt for the toilets but I headed him off!). As a result we did spend some time down at the beach which was great and also in the evening, take the short walk into the resort."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of August 2007

We had a good time

Good

"First and foremost we had a good time.
With my wife and six year old daughter we had a very positive experience with this type of Thomson Super family holiday last year in Ibiza (Presidente in Portinax) and were looking for the same again.

The resort of Puerto Pollensa is a delight. Very attractive against the mountain backdrop, lovely sandy beaches and it is not big. There are also a great many resturants, bars and shops to be found in the small streets. It is a resort which on this showing is not intimidating and caters for families with younger children, foam parties and other such activities are probably available in Alcudia. Only down side was due to the boats in the marina, there did tend to be residues of boat fuel in the sea.

The hotel Puerto Azul is not fancy but it is clean and simple. Every thing in our room worked as required, what we noted of our room was there were some ceiling tiles which didn't quite fit and there was a cracked floor tile on the balcony, nothing to get excited about. The rooms incidently have a fridge and hob, the fridge requires renting, but we did find it useful. There is also no TV in the rooms, but there is (Sky) in reception.
The hotel is split into three apartment blocks of three floors each, we were undisturbed by anybody elses activites throughout our stay, although the adjacent hotels evening entertainment could be heard, but was usually over by 23:00 - 23:30.

The domestic staff work very well, whether it be the maid service, bar staff or resturant / kitchen staff. The meals were good we felt offering quite a wide choice with fairly substantial salad dishes and several hot dishes. Although we felt quailty was OK, towards the end of the fortnight it was getting a bit samey. However we could have gone to a resturant if it became too much.

The hotel centres around a good pool which was certainly enjoyed by us. However two things, part of the success for us of this accomadation was that it was relatively small, and hence all the activities were centred around the pool there was no play area for other activities say 5 aside or volleyball. The other thing was the pantomine of getting sunbeds. If you want to be by the pool all day it would appear that you have to get up for about 08:00 to demarcate your preferred area and then wait till 09:00 before the sunbeds are made available, sun shades can also be difficult to get.

The Tompson staff, Criss Cross Chris, Sparkely Steve, Princess Helen, Can Can Carolyn and the others, work very hard for you, although some of the entertainment didn't always come off. We had two tribute bands These Beetles and Queen and a 3 piece girl group, all of which were outstanding. One or two of the other acts were poor.

Went on two excersions Pirates and the moonlight horse riding. Both were relatively expensive but were very enjoyable.

Would we come again - Yes"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of August 2007

Not our scene

"WE have visited Puerto Pollensa regularly over last few years, love it. Certainly is jewel in Majorcas crown.
We usually stay at Sis Pins, this time opted for Valentin , as we had a 11 year old with us.
The food was very british and I have no complaints, reception was. clean stylish.
The apartments themself are in need of a make over, to jusify 3.5 status. Missing shades on lights, chipped tiles etc. A kitcenette with no utensils at all, makes no sense. Price to pay for use of fridge, which nowadays I think is shocking.
Pool area was very busy, we went to the beach.
Superfamily entertainment was just not our style, or our 11 year olds. Geared more towards younger kids.
Basically we used apartment as a base, for that use it was ok.
Nothing to shout home about. Back to Sis Pins for us."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

Execellent hotel for children

"Just come back from Puerto Pollensa on the 17th June 07, stayed at the Puerto Azul Hotel and had a fantastic time.

The hotel accommodation is very basic but clean. Each room does have a kitchenette inc fridge however you do have to pay for these locally when you get there if you wish to use these facilities. You do not get any plates, cups or cultery in your room as standard, these do have to be hired!! so be warned if you have very young children like me (my daughter is 1) and you are wishing to use these facilities for milk, food etc.

The entertainment day and night is very good for children, I also have a 9 year old who took part daily in the pool activities etc so there was plenty to keep him entertained during the day and at the night they had the usual kids mini-discos followed by entertainment for the adults such as tribute nights etc which were highly entertaining.

The Thomson reps worked hard day and night to keep everyone entertained.

The food was what I call typical 'buffet' food. Breakfast was ok however the evening meals could be vastly improved. There was plenty to chose from but basic stuff. The kids had their own buffet to chose from which was good.

It is the first time me and my family have been to Puerto Pollensa and we found the resort itself stunning. The 'pine walk' is a lovely stroll at night with lots of lovely restaurants in what they call 'The Square' area. We ate out on quite a few nights during our 10 day stay here and the quality of food was very high.

Overall we would definately come back to visit Puerto Pollesa and stay in the Puerto Pollensa Aparthotel."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2007

A Lovely Holiday

Good

"My son and I have just returned from a week in Puerto Pollensa. We had a wonderful stay at the Valentin Puerto Azul. The hotel itself is rather basic in its furnishings but very clean. The hotel staff work extremely hard and are always cheerful and willing to help where
they can. When we arrived we were given a room which faced away from the pool which made us feel a little bit left out of things. The following morning I asked reception whether it would be possible for us to be moved to a poolside room and this was arranged straightaway.

The Thomson Superfamily reps work really hard to keep the children entertained and it was great to have a couple of hours to myself each afternoon while my son attended the kids club where he made many new friends. Adults also have activities such as quizzes, boules
etc laid on. I must stress that this is a Superfamily hotel and I would probably compare it to a Butlins type hotel abroad so if you want a quiet relaxing break do not stay here!

The hotel food is not great. Breakfast is probably the best meal of the day as there is quite a lot of variety of hot and cold food, cereals, croissants, fruit and yoghurt. The kiddies have a separate counter which my son loved.

The hotel is in a good location if you want to get around by public transport - Alcudia is about 15 minutes away by bus and costs just over one euro each way. Formentor which has a beautiful beach and crystal clear waters can be reached by boat or bus very cheaply as well.

Overall the negative aspects about the hotel were made up for by the helpfulness of the hotel staff and all in all we had a very pleasant stay in Majorca."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of May 2007

some seemed to like it

"We booked through Thomson who rated this hotel as 3+. Not much independent research available, but Thomson's own guests rate this hotel very favourably, and having travelled only with Thomson for the past five years we had no reason to doubt the reviews. What a pity!

What we did not realise when we booked was that this is Thomson "Superfamily" Hotel, oh and didn't it tell.

The Room was clean although very basic and somewhat tired. No luxuries here!

The food was again very basic and although plentiful, of a poor quality. English breakfast provided although with deep fried (cheap) sausages, greasy bacon and cold eggs. Still this did not stop many piling their plates as high as they could. Dinner really not much to write home about, the sort of food that you would buy for £2.99 from a lowly department store canteen. By the second week even my 5yr old son refused to eat dinner and so we ate in the resort where there are plenty of excellent establishments.

Swimming pool ok provided you were willing to stand by the chained up beds from 7.30am - we were not.

Entertainment - awful. not a problem as not what I holiday for, but when half the rooms overlook the pool and therefore it is enfoced upon you until midnight it is a problem.

Reviews are of course subjective. This was the worst hotel I have stayed in since I was a poor teenager although many rave about it. For me, It was how I imagine a holiday camp is - beer, bellies, sunburn, entertainment all around the swimming pool from 8am to midnight

I did try to put a review on the Thomson web site in an attempt to negate all the "excellent" reviews. For some reason it has not been published. Nice one Thomson!

I accept I am a holiday snob. If you are then think twice about going here. Peurto Pollensa is lovely - much better to go self catering and eat in the many excellect venues in town"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of November 2006

Great for familys

Good

"Just returned from a short break and I really enjoyed my stay. The staff are excellent and cannot do enough for you. The food was ok but not as good as when I previously stayed in September. Apparently its under new ownership so this maybe why. The pool area is lovely and clean and two pools for small children. The room is fine but I have to say that the kitchen area is looking a little worn out now and you really can't cook as not plates, cups, pans etc.
I would return as it was perfect for my 4 year old who loved the pool and its great location to walk to the beach."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of June 2013

Great

"Excelent, brilliant but doesn't have a great food but it's good. The garden it's beatiful for the kids. Brilliant family hotel. All areas of hotel immaculate. They even wash the pool area each morning! Room adequate for family of four. One bedroom and bed settee in lounge area. TV in lounge with some English channels. Small kitchen area with sink but you had to pay 2 euros per night for fridge. Food great quality and plentiful. Breakfast was excellent with full English breakfast cooked in front of you, cereal, toast, cakes, pastries, donuts, lots of fresh fruit, and hot drinks and fruit juice. There was so much choice and some freshly cooked dishes each evening. My children particularly liked the kids buffet. Pools clean and well maintained. Kids pool good size but most of the large pool too deep for small children as it ranged from 1.5 - 2 m deep. Kids pool separated from deep water by floating rope which worried me at times with my six year old. Entertainment not great but it was not peak season when we stayed so maybe it would be better in the main school holidays.

• Travel date: Thu 27th of September 2012

Hotels near Puerto Azul Suite Hotel

Stayed at Puerto Azul Suite Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Puerto Azul Suite Hotel

• grandmother38 by grandmother38

"Great resort to stay and get to other local places "

• grandmother38 by grandmother38

"Local resorts in Majorca "

• B Boakes by B Boakes

"relaxing, family hotel "

• Mrs Fearn by Mrs Fearn

"nice to walk along promanade and marina "

• The Haighs by The Haighs

"Put towels on Chairs at by 8.30am "

• silver surfer by silver surfer

"resort looks tired & feeling the resession "

• Geordies2 by Geordies2

"If you have problems with access, request ground floor apartment "

• Colette, Andrew & Jessica by Colette, Andrew & Jessica

"Perfect for children of all ages. "

• MilkyBarKid by MilkyBarKid

"Don't bother with the pool in the school holidays "

• miakieran by miakieran

"great family holiday were adults can also sit back an relax... "

• Huytel67 by Huytel67

"Too many to chose from and buses cheap to Palma and Alcudia "

Puerto Azul Suite Hotel is also called