cockroaches

Reviewed Fri 30th of October 2015

"Cockroaches were also on holiday in the bathroom....also (it may be my imagination)but i got a feeling i was obliged to be in this particular hotel..........a problem at the airport..the information desk at Palma airport sent me to the wrong place opposite side of the airport for the transfer to hotel....then over an hour transfer time....not worth the hassle going to Majorca....there are other stress free destinations."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of October 2015

Excellent value for money

Reviewed Thu 23rd of July 2015

"The restaurant and internet cafe is really nicely decorated in white stain wood effect-beach decor. The food was really good and you can order from the most economical to more exemplary Spanish dishes. The hotel is family run and as such has a lovely, friendly atmosphere. Although the room allocated to me as a single traveler was basic, it had a laminated floor, air conditioning and a TV with BBC World News. In addition,it was extremely clean and was cleaned every day. I felt really at home there and was not made to feel strange for being a single female traveler, There was a bit of noise from the excellent entertainment one night, but I took it as part of the adventure and the Terraza was full of Spanish and English audience to what sounded like an excellent singer. The hotel is conveniently located on the promenade and near the bus stop, which made it an excellent base for getting the bus to explore the coves and beautiful town of Pollenca.I would definitely return to this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of July 2015

Excellent value for money

Reviewed Thu 23rd of July 2015

"The restaurant and internet cafe is really nicely decorated in white stain wood effect- beach decor. The food was really good and you can order from the most economical to more exemplary Spanish dishes. The hotel is family run and as such has a lovely, friendly atmosphere. Although the room allocated to me as a single traveler was basic, it had a laminated floor, air conditioning and a TV with BBC World News. In addition,it was extremely clean and was cleaned every day. I felt really at home there and was not made to feel strange for being a single female traveler, There was a bit of noise from the excellent entertainment one night, but I took it as part of the adventure and the Terraza was full of Spanish and English audience to what sounded like an excellent singer. The hotel is conveniently located on the promenade and near the bus stop, which made it an excellent base for getting the bus to explore the coves and beautiful town of Pollenca.I would definitely return to this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of July 2015

Overpriced dated dump

Reviewed Mon 24th of September 2012

"A poor hostal at best. Having been quoted 3 price ranges some staff discussion ensued and suddenly only the top rated (€85 and no breakfast!) was available; €45 would have been too much. The room we got bore absolutely no resemblance whatsoever to those published on travel sites. Stayed one night and got charged €25 extra for ‘need to change'bed linen'. Avoid."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of September 2012

Helpful, friendly, basic

Reviewed Wed 7th of October 2009

"The hotel completely met our needs including cycle storage and was quite OK about wheeling them through. When I crashed with minor injuries they were again very helpful. For a basic hotel in a great location by the beach, shops, restaurants and main bus town bus stop it is difficult to beat. As others mention, the shower curtain doesn't really do its job "

• Travel date: Tue 6th of October 2009

Happy Traveller

Reviewed Mon 13th of July 2009

"Found this Hotel/Hostel to be clean and the staff very friendly.At night however the streets were very noisy from traffic and folks returning back to their accommodation after having spent a good night out,just like any other busy town centre.If you live in the country side and not used to noise of a night time then this hotel is not for you.
As I was travelling on my own I had a single room which was small and had no balcony or Air Con.Not having a kettle was the thing I really missed tho.
All said and done I enjoyed my 10 day stay at this Hotel.If you choose this place to stay remember it is only a 2 star Hotel located in a very central part of the town.
You get what you pay for "Cheap & Cheerful",if you want the Best then pay the prices asked for at the more expensive hotels. "

• Travel date: Sat 11th of July 2009

Me & my partner stayed at the Eolo for a...

Reviewed Tue 9th of September 2008

"Me & my partner stayed at the Eolo for a week at the end of August. The Eolo is basic but still has everthing you need, only complaints were the shower curtain did not keep any water in and everytime we had a shower the bathroom floor got flooded..also there was no air conditioning so we had to rent a fan from reception. Breakfast was good, choose from croissants, toast, coffee/tea/juice, ham, cheese, fruit etc, and the staff were all very nice(especially Carlos on reception!)the scottish receptionist Susan wasnt very welcoming though and never smiled..puerto pollensa is amazing, beautiful scenery, lots of places to eat and drink, we'll definitely be back. our room got cleaned every day by the maids, never any sand on floors, was impressed by thouroughness! Oh & the pizza is AMAZING, was really nice to sit outside the hotel as you can see everything."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of September 2008

Oh my good God what a [--] HOLE!! I am g...

Reviewed Thu 4th of September 2008

"Oh my good God what a [--] HOLE!!
I am going to start off by listing the VERY few good points about this "hotel" which me and my friend stayed in (we are two young rebellious youths who really thought "It's only two stars but what do we really need?")
There was a nice friendly Scottish receptionist who was always extremely helpful, always greeted us with a smile and offered an exceptional level of customer service far beyond this dump.
The view from our room was very nice, however the excessive noise would of been too much to bear had we of not returned to our room each night so drunk that have to try to get to sleep was never really an issue.

Now the bad points:
The room was disgusting, it looked like a horrible ship cabin on the Titanic (one of the first to be flooded) There were a mere two plug sockets nailed dangerously into the cheap wooden walls (one of these plug sockets didnt work, which meant I had to charge my phone in the bathroom <<< I'll get to that in a minute)
Do you remember when you were about 13-17 and you might have had a sleepover and you always got one of those tiny fold out beds for your friend to sleep on? Well those are the beds that you get in this hotel.
The bathroom OH MY GOD. It was smaller than my WARDROBE, there was no bath, a shower which was about as powerful as a garden sprinkler system on the lowest setting. There was NO PLUG for the sink. The shower curtain was not enough to prevent most of the water going on the floor. Back to the plug thing, seeing as there are NO facilities what so ever I had to handwash my clothes with the rip off detergent I bought in the sink. Can you imagine what a nightmare this was when there was no plug!???
As for the supposed "Maid service" every day. Guess how many times our room was cleaned in our 8 day stay? A mere two times. That is NOT every day, so most nights I might as well have slept on the beach because my bed had about as much sand in it.
If Clarice Starling had offered this cell to Hannibal Lecter he probably would of politely declined.

The real nail in the coffin for this pathetic dump came when it was time to check out. I had ordered a wake up call which I did not recieve so instead we were awoken by an angry man ranting at us about the state of the room, practically dragged from my bed in my underwear by him and forced to pack in this horrible cramped pit of Hell while two maids cleaned around us because we were a mere 5 minutes late to check out. How dare this man speak to me like this but don't worry I gave him a piece of my mind on my way out so hopefully he knows not to talk to a badass mofo like me in that belligerent manner again."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of September 2008

booked this holiday at relatively short...

Reviewed Thu 14th of August 2008

"booked this holiday at relatively short notice.had friends staying at the bayhia apartments,so this seemed an ideal place to stay.i payed £350 for two weeks b&b,and what a bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!small,family run hotel.staff were without exception friendly and efficient.my room was rather small,but hey,what do you do in your room???sleep.and it was fine ,bed made and cleaned every day.maybe im easily pleased but i cant see what more you need.breakfast is great,all the usual for a buffet,endless tea and coffee and juice.eolo is in an ideal position,central for the beach,shops,marina...perfect.im going back in september with my partner.......... "

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

i have just come back from my 10 day sta...

Reviewed Sat 2nd of August 2008

"i have just come back from my 10 day stay at the eolo in puerto pollensa.in which i had read some of the reviews on this website when i first went.and thought nothing of them and i would make up my own mind after i had stayed there.
it is my 17th year stopping in puerto pollensa therefore me and my family thought that this would be a nice place to stay at as we have always changed money there in the past!
the staff that work there are really nice and friendly and are always happy to hep you.
the rooms are basic in which are clean and tidy with maids that come in everyday.
what more could you want with the beach at the front and mountains at the back.the hotel is right in the center with shops,bars and places to eat near by buses and taxis across the way.
i have really enjoyed my stay at the eolo and hope to stay there again in the future!

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of August 2008

I think people need to remember when the...

Reviewed Wed 30th of July 2008

"I think people need to remember when they book this hotel that it is a 2 star and as such does its job very well. The rooms are small and basic, but clean, functional, with clean sheets and towels. It is centrally situated next to a traffic island, and therefore you can here cars, but the new road network at the back of the resort has meant that this has decreased recently. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast is perfectly adequate- the fresh melon was lovely; I was pleasantly surprised after reading previous reviews and wonder what some people expect. If you want more than 2 star then pay for it- I thought the Eolo was perfectly good value for money. "

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

I have just returned from my first singl...

Reviewed Wed 26th of September 2007

"I have just returned from my first single holiday, where I stayed at the Hotel Eolo in Puerto Pollensa.

I was aware before I arrived that I would not have a balcony. I was not aware at how small the room would be. I would describe it as a 'broom cupboard'. It was a very dark room, and the view from my window was another window. I could just see a bit of mountain if I craned my neck. It was quite warm and I had to hire a fan, but I also used the fan to shut out the noise at night.

However the room was clean, and it was cleaned every day. The 2 hotel receptionists were very pleasant and helpful. On the whole the waiters were pleasant and helpful, apart from one who seemed to completely ignore me.

Although I was half board, I only ate at the hotel 3 times, and on the whole the food was ok.

The hotel is very well situated, but this means it is very noisy at night.

Puerto Pollensa is lovely, and there are many restaurants in the area. The marina is just across the road from the Eolo, and makes a very pleasant walk.

I will go back to Puerto Pollensa, but I have to say I will not be staying at the Eolo."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of September 2007

Hotels near Hotel Eolo

Top traveller tips for Hotel Eolo

• can can by can can

"Great place to spend your Holiday. "

• can can by can can

"Lots of good restaurants to choose from. Exellent beaches. "

• bikerbob by bikerbob

"Nicely laid back resort in the stunningly beautiful North of the island. "

• bikerbob by bikerbob

"Great for an active break; swim, bike hire and both gentle and mountain walking. "

• Emma R by Emma R

"Ask for Pension Media and make the most of the proximity of the Bus Station to get to to the coves at Cala San Vincente "

• Emma R by Emma R