Hoposa Uyal Hotel

Paseo Londres s/n, 07470 Port de Pollenca, Majorca Spain

CHILL OUT THIS IS IT

Reviewed Mon 13th of July 2009

"We booked a last minute break at the Uyal then read a couple of very negative reviews oh dear?? Just goes to show don't beleive everything you read. On check in no fuss straight to our room which had a view out of this world!!!!!!!!!! if you want good old fashioned service relaxed atmosphere unobstrusive staff who are always polite and helpful and the chance to relax unwind chill out then this is it. Although not a huge selection of food on offer what was is well cooked always plenty of it and something for everyone you certainly won't starve, what we realy liked was being given our table in the dining room on the first evening and that was ours for the week not as in some 5 star hotels we have stopped in standing in line waiting to be given a table every night as if we were back in school!!! We left yesterday morning with heavy hearts and will be going back next time we want to run away from the rat race. Thank you Uyal see you very soon. "

• Travel date: Sat 11th of July 2009

A pleasant hotel to stay in. We were in...

Reviewed Wed 17th of September 2008

"A pleasant hotel to stay in. We were in the annexe, which we thought was modern, clean and a nice place to stay.

The breakfasts were great - plenty of choice, and well-cooked, good food.

Only gripe I had was that I had a pre-booked a suite. Once we saw the room, I sensed something wasn't right. It just didn't look anything like the suite photos on the website.

When I enquired, the receptionist told me that the hotel was full to capacity, and that a problem with another room had led to us being downgraded into a cheaper room.

I was quite cross when I heard this, as when we arrived, there was no mention of this, and I wonder if our bill would have been reduced accordingly had I not said anything.

But, I must praise the hotel manager for the way she handled things. The next day, our bill was reduced not just to the level of room we were given (which, I guess, would be the minimum you would expect), but she only charged us for a basic double room, instead of the seaview room with balcony that we had, which reduced our final bill further.

The difference in price wasn't all that much, but by making this gesture, it makes us much more likely to stay there again.

But in terms of facilities, location etc, a decent hotel which we would recommend."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2008

How can anybody not give the Uyal a high...

Reviewed Mon 18th of August 2008

"How can anybody not give the Uyal a high mark?

For the price and remember it's only 3 star it is fantastic, the food is varied , plenty of choice and a good mix of english & spanish. the rooms are basic but clean and tidy & they were cleaned every day and fresh towels daily.
Two sittings for dinner in a lovely dinning room , good staff but they are a little to efficient & like to take empty plates away a bit quick, never felt rushed though.

Great breakfast's .. the healthy way or fry up every morning.. brilliant!! and you can eat outside on the lovely terrace if you wish.

Apart from a couple of old grumpy's in the dinning room all the staff are brilliant, the bar staff are great fun when you get to know them [and you will] they will look after you well. Cut them a bit of slack though if your drink takes a while to come, there's only 3 of them & if there's entertainment on they are really understaffed.

Entertainment is on outside every 2nd night & is the usual mix of average singers guitarist etc. but it's free & there's always a good crowd & atmosphere. make a point to see the flamenco show & the blues brothers , 2 very good nights.

Only real minus point is the pool, a bit small & cramped & not many good sunbathing spots, but why people use the pool is beyond me because 20 yds. away is the fabulous beach , great sand, warm safe sea. & loungers with parrasol 11euros per day bargain!!

Lovely 10 min. stroll to the shops & bars along a clean safe seafront, nice marina to admire the millionaire boats. Good market in the square every wednesday worth a visit.

Don't really think it's a hotel or resort for older children , but all in all a great place to chill & recharge, we will return next year."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of August 2008

fantastic fantastic fantastic.Just enjoy...

Reviewed Fri 18th of July 2008

"fantastic fantastic fantastic.Just enjoyed two fabulous weeks. We were in the annex it was very spacious, clean and beds very comfortable. We had a sea veiw with balcony. well worth paying the extra for. All the staff were very helpfull and pleasent. The food was plentiful,buffet style and had a very good choice. Location is ideal for beach and local transport and allthough rather quiet the busier part with more shops and port is within walking distance. "

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

We have just spent two wonderful weeks a...

Reviewed Tue 15th of July 2008

"We have just spent two wonderful weeks at the Hotel Uyal. Contrary to comments, we were in the annex and the room was excellent. Spotlessly clean room at all times with beds and towels changed frequently. Food was excellent and the menu at the buffet was never repeated over the two weeks with an excellent choice at all meals. The hotel was on the main road into Pollensa, opposite the beach, all flat and no hills - wonderful.
Staff were very friendly, co-operative and helpful at all times. Entertainment every other night which varied slightly - the Flamenco Dancers were excellent and not to be missed and I do not particulary like Flamenco Dancing!
One criticism - the pool area was quite small and people will insist on putting towels on sunbeds. There should be a one hour rule - if you put a towel on the bed you should be using it within the hour - if not then staff should remove it. We saw people putting them on at 8.00 and not returning until 4 or 5 in the afternoon. How selfish - I hope they are reading this.
Not a hotel for children as only a small paddling pool , no entertainment and facilities for them. That is not to say that the hotel staff would not welcome them.
People return to this hotel year after year and I can understand why. Cannot wait to go back again."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of July 2008

Arrived at the hotel much later than exp...

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2007

"Arrived at the hotel much later than expected due to delay at airport. Were greeted at reception told that as soon as we were settled in our room to go to the bar where we would find a cold buffet waiting for us.

Charming waiting staff served us made us welcome from arrival and during entire holiday.

Was slightly nervous about this hotel as some reviews were not complimentary but despite having some very poor weather we had a lovely time. People in the hotel were friendly and in most cases considerate of their neighbours although there always has to be someone who walks around in high heels on tiled floors and keeps the TV on until early hours of the morning!

The hotel was clean and comfortable, rooms basic but adequate with good sized balconies, what would make such difference would be a mini fridge in each room, oh for an early morning cup of tea!

The location is perfect across the road to the beach, lots of seating in and around the hotel.

The food was not bad at all, breakfasts were very good, and dinner had a good choice of dishes and lovely fresh salads and desserts. Staff were helpful and friendly and efficient.

We would definitely go back again maybe in the quieter times but all in all a very pleasant stay."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of October 2007

We had a great two weeks. Stayed in the...

Reviewed Tue 7th of August 2007

"We had a great two weeks. Stayed in the Annex and although it does not look as nice as the main hotel, the rooms are just as good. Food choices were excellent for breakfast and evening meal with a really wide variety of foods to choose from. There is something for everyone. The staff were brilliant, very friendly and helpful. Entertainment was OK, some acts were better than others: the best one being a Tina Turner tribute singer - excellent. We found the hotel and surrounding area very relaxing and will certainly be going back for more of the same!"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2007

I am 27 years old and my partner also 27...

Reviewed Tue 5th of June 2007

"I am 27 years old and my partner also 27, decided it would be nice to take my parents away for the week. So we decided to go to Majorca because the flights are cheap from Bournemouth.

We have friends that have lived and loved Puerto Pollensa and swore on its slightly higher class of tourist and quiet town life and they were not wrong.

This town is Beautiful and has everything you need, nice restaurants, good beach, an old town, amazing public transport, and a friendly, family atmosphere.

We chose to stay at the Hotel Uyal because it looked colonial and was a short walk from the main town centre about 15 minutes but there is loads to see along the way and the walk is along the beach and it helps you walk of your big fat tapas!!

The hotel was lovely and quiet although being on a main road this does not distract from the peaceful atmosphere. The staff were friendly, helpful, welcoming, and genuine and all spoke amazing English.

The pool was lush (a bit cold maybe the tennis courts weren’t great but they are enough, the beach is literally opposite the hotel.

The breakfast was vast with a huge choice, cooked, cereal, fruit, bread, cheese, hams, teas, coffees everything you could want. The dinner buffet was not so great so make sure you go B &B and then get your dinners in town I reckon. The dinner was ok if you like veg and cold meats but it is cheap at 12 Euros so can’t complain.

The rooms were lush and well worth getting a room with balcony and sea view for just a little more money because the view is amazing and the space is great and I know some of the rooms can be quite small. Mum and Dad had a junior suite which was very cool with sea views and a lounge / fridge etc.

Considering we were all different ages we all had the most relaxing time and lying by the pool all day and wondering into town at night never got boring, we took a trip on the amazing bus to Palma and the Old Town which made the trip even more fantastic, the buses are great and the tourist info are more than helpful.

Don’t always go for the restaurants on the main prom although the view is nice they are more expensive and not as good, we found this out after three expensive nights dining!!

The place was great and well worth a visit, the locals were welcoming and the tourists were all nice, polite, they all got dressed up to go for dinner all the children were well behaved and knew when to be quiet the families that visited puerto Pollensa were of a different calibre to your usual English families on tour!!

My partner and I had a lovely time and even when I felt ill, the pharmacy sorted me out ASAP, my parents both had a lovely time and we are defo going back and to Hotel Uyal, it wasn’t a resort hotel but it was a charming, quiet, lovely, friendly, welcoming, tasty, everything you need Hotel with a few English TV channels thrown in!

Loved every minute of it and its only 45 minutes from Palma airport straight on the motorway.

There were a lot of young families staying in the town even though we only had a few families in our hotel possibly because it is 15 mins walk away from town but this destination is good for families (wanting a beach / posher / cheap holiday), couples (wanting a romantic, quiet, snuggly, cheap, friendly holiday), older generation (wanting a quiet, respectful, easy going, easy access, all on one level, no hilled holiday).

Amazing views, amazing beaches no faults, DO IT!!! And don’t believe the other reviews because I read them before I went and they are wrong.

Two tips: Hotel Uyal: Only B & B and make sure Balcony and sea views, pay the little extra well worth it!"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of June 2007

Just arrived back from a week’s holida...

Reviewed Wed 30th of May 2007

"Just arrived back from a week’s holiday at the Uyal. I must admit it was very clean and organised but very regimented.

Two sittings for dinner and you were asked to hurray if it was getting near the second sitting service. Plates cleared away as soon as you put your cutlery down! No chance of a relaxing dinner having to watch your time. Dining room staff too efficient and a smile would not have gone a miss.

Very busy and noisy road just outside hotel. There was no atmosphere in the hotel in fact it was just an expensive place to stay.

Puerto Pollensa is a lovely resort but we made the wrong choice of hotel. Would be perfect for elderly people. At 56 we were too young for the hotel.

Will not go back or recommend it to anyone who has any life left in them!"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of May 2007

Nice looking hotel, decent food. Very cl...

Reviewed Sat 26th of May 2007

"Nice looking hotel, decent food. Very clean. Staff very obliging.

Pity you're not going to be stopping in it unless your very lucky, as you my friends will be accommodated in the annexe next door( the one that doesn’t even give an hint it's part of the hotel).

The place - not in the pictures of the brochure you looked at before booking your dream holiday to the Uyal hotel. That’s the place next door - that looks like any old self catering apartment block that you have seen many times before, in every resort you've ever been to.

But as I said it's clean, staff are friendly, and the food is decent."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2007

hotel Uyal

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at The Hotel Uyal from 12th-16th October. A short visit was needed to prevent me from resigning from my job!!!!!
Anyway, we stayed at The Uyal as my daughter and newly acquired husband had stayed there this August and enjoyed it. I know Majorca very well esp P.Pollensa but had never stayed at this hotel.
We liked the fact that it was a little walk from the centre and opposite the gorgeous beach. However, we were a little disappointed to find that it wasn't as nice inside as the outside photos would lead you to believe. We had requested a sea view with balcony.....well it had a balcony but the sea view was somewhat obscured by the trees and, had it been height of summer, we would have been very disappointed.
The room itself was dark and dingy with very old furniture, small dbl bed and TV that didn't work properly. This was fixed quickly but very poor channels to view esp for us Brits (which the maj. of clients are). Still we weren't there to be glued to the TV!!!!
Food was very good as was service. We were glad we booked half board. Would have liked tea/coffee making facilities in room though.
Unfortunately, there was a very nasty 'bug' doing the rounds (airbourne we were told) of P.Pollensa and several guests had to go to hospital. We felt the hotel should have kept guests informed as to what was going on. One morning the coffee was quite foul due to the water being chlorinated (we think) by the water company. Apparently its law to do this when many people are ill. Lovely!!!
Overall, we had a really lovely time (despite rain on the first day) although felt that the hotel was a little on the expensive side for what was provided.

Oh yes......I didn't resign!!! need to work to have more lovely trips to Majorca!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of October 2006

A pleasant stay

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I saw this hotel on the hoposa website and liked the look of it, as it has a more "old-fashioned" appearance. We paid extra for a "junior suite" and it was worth it to get a lounge area, a fridge (which some of the other rooms don't have), and a great view (4th floor) over the beach and Med. It's about 15 mins walk from the shopping area, but a pleasant stroll along the promenade. If you go beyond the roundabout, you come to a quieter bit of beach.

The buffet changes each night and was very varied, with one local dish (try this, don't just go for the pasta and meat you could get at home). Service very good, most staff are friendly and helpful.

We did have a problem with getting hot water for a day or so, but eventually this was fixed.

We went with First Choice, who don't offer a huge amount of excursions unless you want to go to Palma, market shopping or evening shows. But the hotel offers excursions, and you can join walking trips (see hotel noticeboard). Puerto Pollenca is one of the less commercialised resorts we saw (a lot of them are pretty dire, ruined by the British influence on the island). You can walk to the nearby Bocquer Valley fairly easily, and get away from tourism into the peace of the countryside.

All in all, a good first trip to Mallorca. We would certainly stay at the Uyal again."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of September 2006

Hotels near Hoposa Uyal Hotel

Stayed at Hoposa Uyal Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hoposa Uyal Hotel

• Royston1 by Royston1

"Foe disabled flat and easy walking "

Hoposa Uyal Hotel is also called