Hoposa Bahia Hotel

Paseo Vora Mar s/n, 07470 Port de Pollenca, Majorca Spain

Wonderful gem!

"Stayed in the Bahia with my boyfriend for 6 nights at the start of October 2006. We had spent some time trying to source a hotel with a sea view that wasn't going to completely break the bank, and this turned out to be absolutely perfect.
We had a mountain view room for the first 2 nights (cost about £30 for B&B) as there were no sea view rooms available, but then upgraded to a room with sea view and balcony for the last 4 nights. This room is about twice the price, but as the hotel is right by the sea, the benefits of being able to sit on your balcony, sipping wine and nibbling at crisps whilst watching the world go by and hearing the lap of the water is well worth it. As the hotel is pretty good value anyhow, i would really recommend trying to get a sea view.
We had a bit of an issue trying to get the sea view rooms booked as they couldn't be booked through any of the booking services we'd tried, although we could see they were available from the hotel's own website, however, the prices on the hotel's website were a lot more expensive. What we ended up doing (through the help of the hotel) was booking 6 nights standard room through the booking site (Find Rooms), so getting the better deal, then paying the difference between the hotel's stated room prices to upgrade (not sure if that makes sense...but it worked for us).
All hotel staff were very helpful. Reception was manned 24 hours, and we even had the offer of some coffee before we left to get our 6.30am bus on the last day (too blearly to take them up on that though!).
Rooms are basic but very adequate and serviced daily. We had a TV which we weren't expecting, and actually quite a few english speaking channels.
The breakfast buffet was fine - the usual continental fare with some hot food as well.
Location is perfect - it is in a beautiful quiet area for getting a good night's sleep but right by the beach for your sunbathing during the day. Plenty of restaurants close by and a good supermarket a block away.
Would definitely recommend this - great value for money, location and service."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of October 2006

Great location at an affordable price!

Good

"Just back from a very relaxing stay at The Bahia. Fantastic location right on the beach with fabulous seaviews! Room wasn't very big but was clean and comfortable. Definitely worth paying a little more for a room at the front of the hotel as nothing helps you unwind more than the sound of the sea as you drift off to sleep!! Good selection at breakfast, both hot and cold and we found all the staff to be friendly. If you're looking for somewhere with an independent feel in a great location then this is it!! We're looking forward to a return visit."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of October 2006

Could do better

"We stayed at the Bahia from 9 to 23 September. We had a third floor room with a balcony and a wonderful sea view. The room, although basic, was comfortable and reasonably clean, although the toilet ought to have been cleaned more thoroughly (it smelt a bit). Reception staff were reasonably friendly, although sometimes a bit off-hand. Breakfasts were, however, very disappointing. Although the buffet had some good things (lots of fresh fruit), other items were mass-produced factory foods, especially the bread and croissants, which were stale and unappetising (the next-door supermarket sold lovely fresh, chewy baguettes - why couldn't the Bahia do likewise?) The coffee was appalling - an instant powder machine which,instead of producing proper cafe con leche, poured out this revolting, over-sweetened, artificial gunge, quite unacceptable in this day and age. The breakfast waitress was charming and friendly, until anyone asked her for something out of her normal routine. I was due to be at the local diving school at eight one morning, so I asked her if I could grab a quick croissant fifteen minutes before breakfast was due to start, and she told me in no uncertain terms to get lost. Another morning, they ran out of spoons (at breakfast??) and when the waitress was asked to get some more, she refused - "Sorry, no spoons!" On our last day, an elderly couple got stuck in the lift (very small, airless and hot) on the third floor. The alarm only worked if they pressed it continually, and couldn't be heard downstairs at reception. It was more than five minutes before anyone at reception realised there was a problem, and nearly ten minutes before they managed to get out, very shaken and having nearly passed out. The Bahia has the potential to be a very nice place indeed, but it seriously needs to get its act together at breakfast and to improve the safety of its lift. We enjoyed our stay in Porto de Pollensa and we'll be back, but we'll stay somewhere else the next time."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of September 2006

Over and Over

"For those of you have never been to Puerto Pollenca, i must start by saying it is my favourite place in the whole wide world. I have been everywhere else in Majorca and afterwards regret it because there is no where like it. I have been visiting Puerto Pollenca for 20 years now.

I have stayed at the Hostal Bahia many times before now, and it's spot on. You can wake up on a morning, head down for breakfast and simply step onto the beach, literally. The Hotel is beautifuly furnished, niether modern or old fashion, it is just perfect.

The Hotel is situated on the main walk, surrounded by restarunts, shops and the busy hustle of the Spanish life, like most of the best hotels / appartments in the bay. The thing i love about Pollenca is eveything is so compact with enough room to breathe. The area it's self is perfect for famalies and couples wanting to get away, but don't expect your flashy blackpool lights and loud music of the night clubs, you won't find one in a hurry. Oh no, there is definatly a buzz about the place on a night, restraunts busy, people drinking, entertainers in the street for your children whilst you sit back and relax.

The hostal Bahia only has around 30-40 rooms, which include TV's, bathrooms, with bath and shower, twin beds and hair dryers but trust me you don't need anymore and if you do, you are in thr wrong the place becasue Pollenca is not somewhere you go to sit in your rooms. The Hotel it's self has it's own restaurant but there are many surrounding it which are also very nice. Staff are very friendly and great with children. The hotel is great for children as there are no roads to run out on, just a small one at the back of the hotel but only ever has cyclist and slow moving vehicles because the area is very residential. I can't stress the beauty of Pollenca and for those of you booking a sea view balcony at the Bahia, well then you are in for a treat."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of August 2006

A Fabulous Stay at Hostal Bahia..

"Stayed at Hostal Bahia for a week late July 2006 and had a wonderful holiday.
We were fortunate to have a fabulous balcony terrace room overlooking the sea. The room was spotless and although not huge was adequate for us and the decor was modern with wooden floors.
The staff were very welcoming and courteous. Breakfast was buffet style with plenty of choice, including bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, beans, etc. Also cereals, croissants, fruit, yoghurts, etc.
Highly recommend if you are looking for a budget hotel on the Pine Walk........"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of August 2006

Just Perfect!!

"Stayed here April 2006. Spotless, characterful, exquisite furnishings, charming and friendly. The staff were all helpful and genuinely cheerful. The setting is superb...right by the sandy beach with gorgeous views. The room was spacious and the bathroom was good. Buffet breakfasts are huge and the choice is fantastic!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of April 2006

I can't stop going!!!!

Good

"I have been visiting Puerto Pollenca every year for the nineteen years of my life, whilst been there i think i really should visit another country so i do, and i regret it.
We often stay in appartments on the pine walk but the last three years we have stayed at the Bahia, its just perfect. You step out of the hotel door and walk onto the beach.
It's bang in the middle of the everything but Pollenca been as it is, there is no noise and no crap everywhere!!! Restraunts are just an arms length away with a wide selection to eat from but i do advise the 'Tiberia' which is in the town square also The Italian on the front along by ice cream kiosk.

The rooms are great, T.V, air con and the usuall, very minamalistic but great, also very clean and beds are made and clean towels everyday.

As it is bed and breakfast only, food at the hotel its self is quite expensive and is different. Children would struggle to eat there but as i said there are restaurants next door and all along the front.
Another great place to eat out if you like Italian is Il Gardinio which is at the old part of Pollenca. Taxis are relevantly cheap to get up there and it really is something different up there, day or night it has so much Spanish culture.

I have been to everypart of Majorca and Puerto Pollenca has so much more taste compared to eveywhere else. Alcudia feels like Blackpool, apart from the old town i really do reccomend Puerto Pollenca to anyone and the Bahia is fantastic."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of October 2005

A hotel in a fabulous location

Good

"Nice hotel in a fabulous location right on the Pine Walk beside the sea. A sea view room is a must as it was wonderful to sit on the balcony looking at the breathtaking view of the bay. The Bahia is situated in one of the best places on the Pine Walk being in one of the quieter areas but only minutes from the 'busier' end of the Pine Walk with its many, many restaurants and hotels. Fantastic resort for children as there is no road between hotels and beach. Outside terrace of hotel wonderful to sit at to eat breakfast and for evening meal/drinks.

Only negatives about this hotel were that rooms were pretty basic - no tea and coffee facilities so take your own kettle. Air conditioning in room was not very efficient and would go off automatically when locking door to go out so came back to a hot and stuffy room and it would take about an hour and a half to cool room enough to sleep in.

Breakfast was good but breakfast room not attractively laid out."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of September 2005

Fantastic situation

Good

"This is one of the best beach locations I have ever stayed in. The hotel front door is right on the Pine Walk and only feet from the narrow but very long horseshoe shaped beach. There are pine trees all along the Pine Walk (strangely enough). The hotel has, I think, only one star but please don't let that put you off. Although the rooms are not grand, in fact pretty basic, and do not have a TV or coffee making facilities they are just fine, always clean with good en-suite bathrooms. The ones at the front have the most magnificent views of the beach and sea and the ones at the back overlook a tiny street and beautiful mountains. If you can afford one of the balcony/terrace rooms then go for it but if you can't you really can't go wrong anyway. They have a nice little beach front restaurant outside and the food is very nice. The town centre is a five minute walk from the hotel and there are dozens of lovely restaurants and bars - they lean towards a family/couply atmosphere and all tastes are catered for. It's a lovely resort and in my many visits there I have never seen any trouble or rowdiness. You can eat out on a budget very easily but you can also live it up and eat extravagantly! The sea is shallow, very warm, clear and safe. The main bus stop is a five minute walk along the sea front and from there be sure to get the bus to Pollensa Town. This is a beautiful old town and if you can summon up the energy take a walk up the famous steps to the little church at the top - the views are so beautiful. There are lots of little craft shops and art galleries here too. It is possible to catch a bus to the hotel from Palma bus station - from near to the little wooden train station. Get the airport bus first and then a connecting bus onwards. You may have to change at Alcudia Old Town en-route to Puerto Pollensa or you can get a straight-through bus if there's one available at the time. You then have a five minute walk from the bus terminal to the hotel. If you get a taxi please bear in mind that they don't take more than 4 passengers and sometimes only 3 if you have a lot of luggage. It will cost you about 50 pounds but it's quick and direct. Have a wonderful time and please see this hotel for what it is - pretty inexpensive and perfectly located. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of March 2005

5 star location at sensible price.

Good

"Fabulous views over the magnificent bay of Pollensa in an old house with character, carefully converted into a small hotel offerring bed and breakfast accomodation. There is an option to eat in the hotels excellent restaurant for lunch or dinner ( check out the paella and gambas with chilly and garlic) but book in advance to avoid disappointment.

The bedrooms are basic but who cares with such a fabulous location.

Previously family owned, the hotel is apparently under new management this year, we hope new owners continue to maintain current quality at such a reasonable price.

The only negatives in our opinion being the lack of inside public space to take cover if the weather is not good and the inifficient drinks /hot water machine at breakfast which new owners may have resolved by now."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of August 2004

We went here in 2005 which was a while b...

"We went here in 2005 which was a while back.... but I just wanted to say this is the Best place I have been so far. Me and my Partner have travelled a lot in the last 2 years with our work and for time out. Since going to the Bahia we have been staying in 3-5 star hotels on bed and breakfast up to fully inclusive finding what we think is the best holiday to go for.

We have never found a hotel as friendly as the Bahia as yet and the reason I’m writing this is to tell you why, also me and my partner are going here for are honeymoon as cannot find nothing we like. I am 27 and he is 26 years old and we like the more relaxing holidays not the noisy sort of holidays.

The Bahia was the most peaceful night sleeps I have had on holiday, there was lovely evening entertainment so we did not feel the need to leave the hotel in the evenings. We also had evening meals in the restaurant every night as well as going to the evening bbqs which my boyfriend love sitting outside by the bar eating lovely bbq food. As much as we loved the hotel, we did go out on a reps night out and to a horse ranch which where Both wicked fun!!!! We also went to the beach which took about 2-5mins to get to depending on how much we had eating for breakfast on how long it took to get there.

When you got to the sea front, there were lots of shops and restaurants where we ate lunch and never once did we have anything bad to say. The views on the beach where magical and I honestly feel I have wasted a lot of time travelling around trying to find something better when I should just stuck to something I liked first time around.

The hotel, location, the peace, the staff and evening entertainment where really the main things we loved about this place.

Oh and some have said about the Breakfast not being that great, well its only breakfast and not a five star hotel so you get what you pay for and for me and my partner we thought this was very good price for what for you get :O)

When we go here again I will go half-board as we loved the food, but going out to the beach at lunch time is really nice. Also I would try to stay for 10days as a week is not enough.
Emma and Phil"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of January 2008

This was the second year my husband and...

"This was the second year my husband and I went to the Hostal Bahia.

We found the accommodation very good. The reception staff were all very friendly and helpful. The chambermaids cleaned the room to a very high standard

Most of the waiters/bar staff were friendly although one or two would have done better to smile more.

We are looking forward to going back in 2008 - the view from the balcony is excellent.

The location is perfect for a 'getaway from it all' holiday - very relaxing.

• Travel date: Tue 4th of September 2007

Hotels near Hoposa Bahia Hotel

Stayed at Hoposa Bahia Hotel? Share your insight.

Hoposa Bahia Hotel is also called