Having read a few of the recent reviews...

Reviewed Sun 1st of June 2008

"Having read a few of the recent reviews we had our doubts about the Flora, but I am pleased to say how wrong they were!

We are a family of 5 and I can honestly say that the hotel made the holiday! It was absolutely fantastic. OK it is not a 5 star hotel but that is not expected. It does however offer tremendous food, great entertainment and a fantastic location!

The staff are all very friendly and the girl on rception could not do enough for us! We asked about a hire car and she pointed out the offers and booked it for us, she even printed out maps for us to the local water parks! We had a problem with the cooker and after trying to fix it twice in the same day the technician fitted an new one and we had no more problems! Couldn't ask for more.

The entertainment was spot on thanks to Will who kept the kids happy during the day around the pool and the adults entertained of an evening with magic acts flown in from Barcelona and great bands and games like Family Fortunes.

Trio over the road offered great food at a great price, as did Jokers Cafe and the beach is a 2 min walk as is the square.

The pool was ok, and the sunbed was a bit of an issue as with most places but didn't really bother us as there was plenty of chairs to sit on, and we are not sad enough to try and reserve a sunbed we will never use with a towel all day. In fact if I was hotel management at any hotel in the world I would throw all towels in the pool after 30 mins if the bed is unused!

Rashid at the bar is great fun as is Felix. The breakfast was great as was the evening meals in the hotel. There is little I could fault and we will definitely only stay there when we return to Porta Pollensa."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of June 2008

The hotel was spotless, the room was a l...

Reviewed Fri 30th of May 2008

"The hotel was spotless, the room was a little on the small side and noisy because we were just above the open plan reception but that was no problem after a few bevvies.
The staff were brill especially Rashid, Juan Carlos, Felix and Will the entertainer.

Although the outlook from the hotel was not scenic we were very well placed to go to the beach, restaurants, shops etc. Puerto Pollensa is very very pretty with the lovely promenade and marina, it´s worth taking a trip into Pollensa old town aswell it is gorgeous. Alcudia is also a short taxi ride away like Pollensa but be warned it gets very busy on Market day, the streets are very very narrow.

I would recommend the resort it caters for every age and the hotel is well worth a visit, the staff are brill and make you feel very welcome.

• Travel date: Fri 30th of May 2008

The flora apartments were nicely present...

Reviewed Tue 27th of May 2008

"The flora apartments were nicely presented and the staff were very friendly and helpful during our stay.
Puerto Pollensa was charming and there were plenty of beautiful restaurants and shops. The beach and harbour was peaceful and picturesque and pine walk was lovely.
The flora apartments were situated a couple of roads back from the main row of shops and the beach. All amenities and food shops are very close to the flora apartments.
The only problem was the noise from the bottle bank on the main road every night and morning. So I suggest that book a room overlooking the hills or the swimming pool. Do not book a room that backs onto the main road. The apartments had a nice big swimming pool and bar and tasteful entertainment that occured every so many nights. "

• Travel date: Tue 27th of May 2008

Read comments and went here last year wi...

Reviewed Fri 9th of May 2008

"Read comments and went here last year with hubby and two kids, almost two and six. WILL NEVER RETURN. The one bed apartment was tiny, grubby and the floors and counters were so sticky, nasty. The pool in so small with all the loungers stuck on the stage area, that's if you were lucky enough to get one. I spent my etire week sitting on a plastic chair. We got the ground floor with the tiny playarea outside and our windows were broked twice. No one seems to actually watch their kids, two and three year old running wild. NOT SAFE. Cleaned everyday with everone elses dirty water and clothes, YUCK.

The food was just as bad, frozen burger (still frozen) pasta with sauce, how can you mess that up, well they did.

On the positive side I loved the location, short walk to beach, markets and great food places.

On walks would see other hotels and wish I had stayed there.

Tying Portugal or Fortuventura this year, wish me luck.

PS If you can go to Aruba, did it three years in a row, can't be beat. Stay at the COSTA LINDA, it's a timeshare place that you can rent online for real cheap."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of May 2008

I have been to flora apartments 3 times...

Reviewed Sat 23rd of February 2008

"I have been to flora apartments 3 times now, in 2008 I am going back with my family again. I love it so much there. The surroundings are really friendly and everyone wears a happy face. It's an amazing place to go with the beach just down the road. I know loads of people that go back there every year and we all stay in the same apartments and meet up every year. It's a holiday you don't want to miss! "

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of February 2008

We stayed at the Flora apartments in Jun...

Reviewed Mon 21st of January 2008

"We stayed at the Flora apartments in June 2007 and despite being a little worried by previous comments I had read, we loved it! The apartment was a lot bigger than we had expected and was kept very clean and tidy by the maid staff.

The evening entertainment was perfect for both families and couples. The apartments are situated in an ideal spot, the 'pine walk' was a 2 minute walk away, boasting the best restaurants I have experienced! Would definitely go back again, staff were really nice, couldn't fault a thing!!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of January 2008

We have just returned from the Flora Apa...

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2007

"We have just returned from the Flora Apartments, our third visit in the last three years.

As usual the Flora staff were excellent, especially Rashid (hope I have spelt it correctly!) the other lads on the bar and Will, although as someone else has said, we did miss Felix who I know has been ill recently. We hope he is getting better and back to work full time when we visit next year.

The cleaners are excellent and visit nearly every day to make beds etc. There is a little more building work going on around the Flora, who we were informed about by First Choice, and this does make the area look a little more built up but the location to the beach is excellent.

I would recommend visiting the Flora as the welcome from the staff is excellent, we get a welcome handshake as soon as we walk into reception every time we visit. "

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of October 2007

We have just returned from a 2 week stay...

Reviewed Tue 11th of September 2007

"We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Aparthotel Flora with our two children aged 9 and 7 and we all thoroughly enjoyed our time there and will definitely be going back.

Having already booked our stay, I was a little apprehensive about my choice due to the recent reviews but I have to say we were all really pleased with the Flora on all aspects. As this was our first stay here, I have no prior experience of the Flora to compare and contrast so I can only review it as I found during our stay.

Our apartment was in G Block which was a little quieter and away from the pool area which was ideal for families with younger children. The room itself although compact had everything you need for a comfortable stay.

It was very clean and the maids were excellent, always making sure you had plenty of clean towels, toilet rolls, and soaps. The beds were made every day and rooms cleaned except Sunday which was the maids day off, sheets were also changed a couple of times a week.

The bar staff were very friendly and were always on hand for your order, infact Felix, the head barman, had my husband’s diet coke ready on the bar in the morning when he saw him coming back from the paper shop. They were really good with our children. The reception staff were on hand with any queries should you have them.

On our first day we hired a safe key and the air conditioning control for 55 Euros (included 15 Euros deposit) however as the weather seemed a little cooler, we returned the control after 4 days and explained that due to the recent rain and thunderstorms we had not used it and we were given a full refund and our deposit returned which I thought was a nice gesture.

The entertainment was provided by William who was excellent with children and adults alike. He had only just started the job on the Saturday as we arrived on the following Tuesday and you would have thought he had been there all season, he was a natural. He remembered all our names and worked tirelessly to make sure all children had a chance to participate whatever their age and size.

Although limited by space there was killer pool and water polo every day with other suggestions taken on board by anyone who had any good ideas on a daily basis.

The evening entertainment was either a show brought in or bingo and karaoke provided by Will, he was great, my kids really loved him, and they were sorry to say goodbye. His day off was Saturday so I would suggest you find entertainment on Pine Walk or in the square as it was quiet back at the Flora.

The food in the Flora was ok for snacks i.e. pizzas and burgers but with such a good selection of bars and restaurants on the front near Pine Walk and in the square you would be crazy to miss out on them. We liked Pepes across the road for a full English for 5 Euros and a daily 3 course menu for 7.5 Euros and an 3 course evening menu for 12 Euros, check out Friday its Paella day.

Also try Jokers cafeteria on the front the food is excellent and fairly priced. We also recommend Trios (opposite Flora) for a lovely 3 course meal including a free drink and bread etc for 14 Euros. You certainly will not be disappointed with the food or the evening atmosphere on Puerto Pollensa front or the quality of the beaches its ideal for young families. The sea is beautifully clear and calm, the beach is flat with pedelo’s and banana boat rides and other activities for children.

We met some lovely people on our holiday and all the children in our gang were of similar ages so we all got on famously and had a lot of fun. Yes the sunbed situation was a farce as the terrace area was quite small and part of it was used for the evening entertainment which meant that the bar staff had to stack up and chain the beds over night. They usually unlocked them around 9 am when the cleaners had finished cleaning the area so yes there was a mad dash for a sunny spot, but doesn't that happen in most places and I certainly wasn't going to let it spoil my holiday and besides there is always the lovely beach.

We had a trip to the aqua park, a family ticket for 4 was 50 Euros which we purchased from reception so we had a fast track into the park when we arrived. Catch the number 2 bus at the depot on the front for 1.40 Euros each, it takes about 20 minutes to the drop off followed by a gentle 10 minute walk to the gates, it was a good day out although I recommend taking your own lunch say from Al Frescos near the Flora as its much nicer and cheaper. There are lockers for you to put your stuff in should you need to.

You should definitely check out the Flora it comes highly recommended. You are right in the centre of things, food, beaches, entertainment, and beautiful scenery. If you go I hope you have as good a time as us. Thanks to everyone at the Flora for a great holiday, especially Will."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of September 2007

This is our third trip to Puerto Pollenc...

Reviewed Wed 5th of September 2007

"This is our third trip to Puerto Pollenca and our second stay at the Flora. We are 3 district nurses and this time managed to book 10days here which was absolutely fabulous! We even had our old apartment back which over looked the pool area!

As all three off us preferred the beach and it is ideally situated just a very short walk down past Al Fresco's an excellent takeaway on route in which we bought many a sandwich/baguette for our picnic lunch.

We did consider hiring a car again but opted for a couple of trips with the 'No Frills' company book able in reception. Excellent value for money and recommend the trip to Palma.

We also caught the local bus to the old town of Pollenca for 1.10euros and had a lovely lunch in the square and bought some quality gifts.

I would, and have recommended this holiday destination to anyone looking for an 'easy' holiday and would go back again tomorrow!

My daughter (18yrs) and her boyfriend (22yrs) went a week after I returned and also had a wonderful 'first' holiday together.

The apartments are spotless and the staff very helpful. The pool was usually quite busy but this didn’t bother us as we preferred the beach (far more going on and lots of people watching!)

We ate out most evenings in and around the square and would recommend Tiberius and the Italian nearest the church The Piazza. So we are off to Lake Garda next year for our 50th birthdays but no doubt will return here again in the very near future!

• Travel date: Wed 5th of September 2007

3rd year in a row and the last. The apts...

Reviewed Thu 30th of August 2007

"3rd year in a row and the last. The apts are clean and well run, the reception staff are great and helpful the bar staff were at times grumpy and no fun unlike previous years.

There are no lifts and we stayed on the third floor. I’m 45 and found it a struggle at times even without luggage. Older persons would definitely find this aspect a problem!

Our apt was overlooking the pool and the mini fountain ,great until you try getting some sleep. The fountain is left running 24hrs a day a sounds just like heavy rain hitting your window.

Best place to eat for value for money is Peppys right outside the hotel entrance. I recommend everything but ask for your meat welldone or its sometimes a little pink.

If you haven’t been to this hotel before give it a go. But for me it’s time to change."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of August 2007

This was also our fourth visit to the Fl...

Reviewed Thu 23rd of August 2007

"This was also our fourth visit to the Flora (we stayed there last year and reviewed it), and our seventh to Puerto Pollenca, but after this years holiday I have to say that I agree with the comments in Gareth Lloyds review.

We love the resort and know people who go back year after year to the Flora, however, this may also be our last visit to these particular Apartments. Gareth Lloyd is spot on about the pool area, the sun bed ‘freaks’, and the evening entertainment.

We did find part of the problem was that the popular and very efficient Head Barman (Felix) who would normally keep a strict eye on things was not working regularly at the complex due to illness. Things may improve if enough people make representations to the Management/Tour Companies etc, but don’t hold your breath! Sorry Flora, but you’ve got to get your act together!

We didn’t find that the resort had altered too much in a year and the ‘Sky Sports’ brigade were confined mostly to bars set back from the main restaurant areas.

The bonus for me this year was that I booked independently and saved myself £900 for my family of three, and had breakfast thrown in.

Pollenca again? Well maybe, but the Flora I possibly fear not!

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

This was our third time to the Flora - a...

Reviewed Mon 13th of August 2007

"This was our third time to the Flora - and we will be back (actually in October). The complex is quite small hence quiet which is what we want from a holiday in Pueto Pollenca. Spotlessly clean - even the pool area is washed every morning - rooms cleaned 6 days a week.

The rooms are sufficiently large and very well equipped. The staff speak good English and are all very pleasant and helpful. Food in the restaurant is good and not expensive.

The Flora is very well situated being only a few minutes from the Pine Walk/beach, the square and all of the restaurants in the centre of the town. There is a great choice of food styles and costs to be had. The resort is quiet although there is not much for any party animals to do - that said the lively Puerto Alcudia is only about 7-8km away with a regular, cheap and safe bus service to get you there.

The town amenities are used extensively by the local population (especially in and around the square) which adds to the ambience.

Around Puerto Pollenca/ Pollenca/ Formentor area there are many good walks for those who like to get out and about. All walks are well sign posted and often lead to small secluded coves, give stunning views and opportunities to see lots of flora and fauna (particularly good for twitches in spring and autumn - try Cala Boquer the start of which is only about five minutes from the Flora).

Puerto Pollenca is a great location, one of the best in Mallorca in my opinion, albeit quiet. It is however well serviced by public transport and good roads so getting to other areas and towns in easy and inexpensive - there is a regular bus service to Palma (and points in between) which runs every hour and also regular services to Alcudia and Can Picafort.

The Flora Apartments are, also in my opinion, one of the best places to stay in Puerto Pollenca - I can recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet and relaxing holiday.

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007