About Sol by Melia Alcudia

• gift shop amenities
  • russian amenities
  • spanish amenities
  • kids club

Good
( 2008 reviews)

Would definitley go back

Reviewed Thu 27th of June 2013

"Now known as the SOL ALCUDIA CENTER. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the hotel, the reception area is bright and airy and the one bedroom apartment was more than adequate for our requirements. They were clean with a good sized balcony and air conditioned, which is included in the price, not as an extra. We were a bit dubious at first as our son had brought his partner with him, it was her first time abroad, but our fears were unfounded as their room, next to ours was the same as ours.
We found the staff friendly and very helpful, who always greeted you with a smile.
The hotel is situated two minutes walk from the long, wide sandy beach, which is ideal as the pool area can be busy.
It is situated in the middle of shops, restaurants and bars so if your self catering as we were, it's ideal. It's about a 20 minutes walk from the marina either by road or along the beach as we did. There are plenty of local buses along the front to the marina if you can't be bothered to walk.
I can highly recommend "Cheers", across the road from the main entrance, for a meal, food done to order with very friendly staff. If you want a quiet drink, try "The Flying Scotsman", next door to "Cheers". If you want a good laugh, find "Funny Bunny's(Pacos Bar)", straight up a side street opposite the hotel entrance, 50 yards up on your left. Paco and his staff ensure you have a good night with their antics, and they also do a cracking breakfast.
Second time we've been to Alcudia, this time better than the first, will definitely go back to the same hotel. Thanks to everybody whomade our holiday enjoyable."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of June 2013

wet week in alcudia

Reviewed Wed 29th of September 2010

"firstly, the garden lago hotel was exceptional..our apartment had everything..fitted kitchen, utility room, large balcony, roof terrace, two showers,two t.v's and a dvd player..place was spotless and service excellent..the beach was amazingly clean and tidy and went on for miles..now the bad part..it poured down half the week..the canary isles would be better bet mid-september i would say..then the eating out and bars etc in alcudia..its dreadful..full of chinese buffets, overpriced steakhouses..not a tapas bar in sight! Don't be fooled by cheap buffet offers..the price of a drink is way over the top and your bill soon adds up..says it all when best meal we had all week was zinger tower meal from kfc! As for bars and entertainment its awful. Run down english pubs galore, most of them empty, and very little nightlife anywhere..we took a trip to puerto pollensa, which was lovely and traditional, as was the ancient old town of alcudia. Overall i don't think we'd return to alcudia..run down tacky place, but not exactly cheap..oh and p.s if you are going to alcudia from palma, don't use shuttle-direct transfers..their service is terrible..were supposed to meet us at arrivals, but nobody there..we had to find them, then we waited 45 minutes before we left..the journey which takes 35 mins, took 2 hours! On the way back, we missed the bus after being given wrong information by the company and was forced to pay e60 for taxi to airport or we would have missed flight..a disgrace the level of service."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of September 2010

Great if you are English,Crap if you are Irish

Reviewed Mon 15th of March 2010

"I stayed in this hotel with my fiance and my two brothers aged 12 and 14 for one week in June 2009 I am 26 and my fiance is 35,and one week in these apartments/hotel was more than enough. Both of my brothers had never been on a forieghn holiday before so we were all very excited and looking foward to a week laying,relaxing and enjoying Alcudia.Now firstly I will say that Alcudia has the most amazing beach I have ever been on or in.The water was clean,warm,clear and I would give it 10/10.Right now then down to the hotel/apartments-am not really sure what to describe them as they don't really fit into either category.The accomodation was satisfactory and average.I could'nt say that it was entirely comfortable-the beds,the sofa beds and even just the chairs,on a whole it was basic and it also had no air-con. Now the hotel/apartment whatever had a policy as most hotels do that you cant leave towels over sun-beds to reserve them. Well i wish someone in the hotel would have put this rule into action.The pool was fine and the water was clean but its just a pity the areas around the pool where not kept clean and empty beakers were not laying around for hours on end attracting insects and bee's and fly's. Now I am a very friendly person and very little annoys me contrary to what this review depicts but I just would like 2 warn any Irish people planning to stay in this watever to beware of loud,brash,tatooed,foul mouthed and sickening english tourists which I unfortunately have to say did put a dampner on my holiday.It's hard to relax at the pool when they're are english hallions screaming around you and generally being unfortunately just like your typical english holidaymaker.It's a shame really. Now apart from the English residents in the hotel I found the staff to be extremely willing and able to help with anything and extremely friendly and also Frankie the entertainer was actually entertaining though the jokes where starting to get a bit old by the end of the week.Although the food was dreadful just think of everthing u can put in a chip pan and it will be on the menu!!So overall I would never go back to this watever and unless you are English I would'nt reccomend it to anyone else either!!!!! "

• Travel date: Sat 13th of March 2010

Great relaxing holiday!!

Reviewed Fri 28th of August 2009

"I came to Alucdia with my partner for a week of relaxation. And i certainly got it! We arrived in early hours of morning and the receptionist in Sol Alcudia Centre checked us all in quickly. I had requested a pool view and was happy with the room i got. The rooms are very basic but they are ideal when you only use them to sleep! I did find it very warm at night as the air con was not great but we hired out a fan. We had no problem getting lounge chairs by the pool, as I had read it can be a bit of a scram in the early hours. Maybe we came here after peak times but we had no probs!! We spent some bays at the beach which is only 5 mins walk away and its beautiful! AS for food... Roma and Olas are fantastic food... maybe a little on the dear side!! I suggest going to Bugs Bunnys for breakfast or lunch as they people are lovely there and food is cheap! We didnt find this place till the last day so defo look for it!! The pubs were ok. We spent most nights in Cheers bar across the road. The kids entertainment is brill every night and after that is some fun for the adults. Have a good hol!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of August 2009

Can't Complain

Reviewed Thu 30th of July 2009

"From reading past reviews i was very nervous what this place would be like. However... the people moaning are obviously expecting some sort of royality service and accomodation!! get a grip. The accomodation was great, maid came every other day, sometimes more to change towles.. Walk out the door and you are in the centre of everything! Beach is about 7minute walk away. Staff were very friendly and had entertainment on throughtout the day and night. Would defo go again!!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of July 2009

Sol Alcudia centre!

Reviewed Mon 20th of July 2009

"Myself and my family travelled to Alcudia this July!
The weather was extremely warm up to 40 degrees!
The apartment itself was lovely and situated right in the centre of everything!
It was only a 10 minute walk to the beach.
The pool area was lovely but we felt there wasent enough beds!
The staff were lovely and very helpful.
The entertainment at night and activities throughtout the day were great!
I would highly recomend these aparments as it was a great family holiday!"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of July 2009

Sol Alcudia Center

Reviewed Fri 7th of November 2008

"As a young couple we booked our stay at the sol alcudia center as a cheap late deal for a short break in august.

Having read some reviews we were a little apprehensive before we arrived. The best thing about the sol alcudia center is its location,situated just 5 mins from the main shops,bars,and restaurants. The hotel is clean but very basic,our room was small with a tiny balcony overlooking the pool.

The pool area is adequate but gets very crowded with the majority of guests being families with lots of children. The battle for sunbeds is similiar to a rugby scrum at Twickenham,at 8.00am every morning guests pick their spot by using chairs from the bar area,where they sit until the beds are unlocked at 9.00am, guests then rush for the beds as they are being unchained grabbing four at a time before putting their towels on them and disapearing until lunchtime. The beach is a much better option and is only a 10 min walk away.

The staff at the hotel are generally friendly and the supermarket situated next to reception is very convenient. We liked Alcudia as a resort and recommend visits to Roma restaurant,Lunas Grill,and Cheers bar. We were unimpressed with sol alcudia center and wouldn't recommend it to couples unless you are on a very tight budget wanting a cheap no thrills room only. "

• Travel date: Thu 6th of November 2008

Review- Sol Alcudia Center

Reviewed Mon 3rd of November 2008

"Just come back from Alcudia, Mallorca. Despite it being the last week of the season, it was still warm and sunny enough to catch a tan, The staff were very helpful and the hotel was clean and nice, there are a lot of Restraunts around that wont dissapoint and local shops and i suggest you go to Hyrdo Park which takes anout 10-15 minutes walk, Also the beach is just down the road and it was very clean and overall a great holiday, i would Deffintley go back to the Sol Alcudia Center"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of November 2008

Holiday to remember

Reviewed Mon 27th of October 2008

"I have recently returned from a weeks holiday at the Sol Alcudia Centre.
There were six of us in our party ranging in age from 17 to 46.
After reading the reviews, I was a bit apprehensive about our stay, thankfully this was unfounded.
Flight was excellent with no delays. Transfer time was a little long (around 1 hour 45 minutes).
When we arrived at the hotel, staff were very helpful.
My daughters and their friends (had opted for self catering) were allocated their rooms, they were lovely rooms, clean and very spacious, with adequate cooking facilities. One room overlooked the pool, the other the main street. We had taken the halfboard option and I presume due to this had a studio apartment. This again was adequate.
We were on the first floor and quite shaded by palm trees, due to this we were plagued by mosquitos. After a couple of days we asked to move rooms, this was not a problem and we were moved to the third floor overlooking the pool (mosquito free!!). Rooms cleaned and fresh towels every day except Monday's & Thursday's (which are the staffs days off).
Pool area lovely. Not sure if it was due to the time of year but we had no problem getting sunbeds and keeping them for the entire day. There was daily activities by the pool (volleyball, archery, darts etc) as well as pool tables, table tennis and air hockey.
The bar area was large, and always spotless. The bar staff were pleasant. Evening entertainment could have been better (the ususal bingo, quiz nights etc) but it was okay as an appetiser before you ventured out.
Kids had taken the self catering option, they found the prices in the supermarkets average. Eating out - catered for every budget, from steak houses, to eat as much as you can buffet chinese (for an average of 6 euros).
My husband and myself had taken the half board option, the restaurant was large, airy and very clean. The restauarant (owned seperately) manager was there on a daily basis to make sure everything was to your satisfaction.
Breakfast was the usual, fruit juice, cereal, fresh fruits, cooked breakfast, cold meats etc. I felt it could have been cooked a little longer but my husband found it okay. By the middle of the week there was only a few of us left who were half board, so rather than preparing the buffet, the manager allowed us to eat free at his restaurant (which adjoined the hotel) from the extensive menu with no restrictions (we ate like Kings!!) would recommend the entrecote steak.
Thomas Cook rep was not the best - kids had booked 2 excursions and in return were to receive a 10% off discount card for shops, restaurants and pubs - they are still waiting!
Be aware, the resort itself closes for the end of season at the end of October and re-opens in April. Towards the end of the week, places were beginning to close and by the Saturday (25th October) most had closed.
If I was going back to Alcudia would definitely return to the Sol Centre but possible a week or two earlier in the season.
If you happen to eat in the restaurant tell Franz we were asking for him and that my husband has just about recovered from the german beer he was drinking!!

• Travel date: Mon 27th of October 2008

Having read the recent reviews about the...

Reviewed Mon 6th of October 2008

"Having read the recent reviews about the Sol Alcudia Centre I thought it would be the ideal place to stay. We booked with Thomas Cook and the brochures looked great, but when we got there it was very different. We were allocated a room and when we entered I thought someone was taking the mick, it was very badly furnished with tatty old furniture. The walls next to the very basic beds were filthy and had some very dubious stains on them, the bath was dirty and the fridge absolutely stunk the room out, so much so that the had tried to disguise the smell with some god awful air freshener, needless to say we asked to change and the staff were great and changed our room, however the second was only slightly better. We decided that we would accept the change as we were only staying the week and only using the room as a base. As far as the hotel amenities are concerned, they were great the pool is small but there is plenty of room the bar is great and there is a shop attached for convenience (shop around though).

In summary we will not be staying at the Sol Alcudia Centre again and will probably not go back to Majorca

• Travel date: Mon 6th of October 2008

me and my husband went for a week for ar...

Reviewed Tue 30th of September 2008

"me and my husband went for a week for are anniversary .the hotel was spot on very clean sheets towels was changed 3 times ,entertainment was good staff was exclant
i recommend iff you wanna go to any shows go see pirates @medeavil nite best show we ever seen reps was very heapfull to i defo go back there next year lots to do for kids your right next to shops restaurants bars buggs bunny was very nice place to eat and cheap next to linkers bar we had a great time i rate this as 10 -10"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of September 2008

my family and i stayed in the sol alcudi...

Reviewed Sun 28th of September 2008

"my family and i stayed in the sol alcudia center again this year as we have been going there for years now it has everything you need for a very relaxing holiday the staff and manager of this apart hotel is very helpfull, there is loads of shops bars and places to eat on your door step, you must go and see julio the dancing pancake man as he makes the m,ost amazing pancakes you have ever tasted he is a very close friend of mine ive known him and esperanza for years, there is loads of things to do and my family and i will be returning there again next year i cant wait, woody woopeckers is great to all the staff in there are very helpfull and they do great meals. i would highly recommend this apart hotel to any one as you can also request which room you would like to stay in the shop inside this apart hotel is ok as it sells everything in case you run out its quite handy. i love this place and im deffo going back next year."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of September 2008

Hotels near Sol by Melia Alcudia

Top traveller tips for Sol by Melia Alcudia

• JamieK306 by JamieK306

"Irish Bar-Jokers.Restaurant-Hong Kong chinese and the New Inn! "

• greentea by greentea

"Do not go to this hotel if you are Irish "

• chinaboy by chinaboy

"great hotel..less than average resort "

• dennis55 by dennis55

"If self catering, sample the varous menus available "

Sol by Melia Alcudia is also called