Seaclub Mediterranean Resort

• kids club
  • adult pool

Avoid apartment D322

Reviewed 1 month ago

"My family was allocated apartment D322.

This apartment is damp and mouldy.

Please avoid it.

Hotel staff and Jet2Holidays are denying all knowledge of this and are accepting no responsibilty.

So not great customer service.

We were moved out of the apartment when the above apartment flooded us. We were told the apartment wasn't safe. But they quickly moved us back in the following day. We queried this, but we're told it was fully inspected. Hard to believe."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2018

Would go back!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of April 2013

"STAFF: kind, freindly and supportive

FOOD: I stayed in block B ao I had a buffet, lovely food! Breakfast's pancakes(AMAZING!!) Every 2 nights they had a special evening theme (e.g American food)

POOL: Freezing but you kind of get used to it, not that big pool

CLUBS: Brilliant, for all ages

ENTERTAINMENT: Late night, straight after dinner until midnight. Super shows!

Overall I would SERIOUSLY visit this place again! Hope this helpsxx"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of April 2013

Wow

Reviewed Thu 19th of July 2012

"I go to sea club every year since I was 2 and I still absolutely love it.....staff are friendly, pools are safe, apartments are comftorbul,even outside of sea club is a dream! I can't explain how much I love alcudia and everything in it !!"

• Travel date: Thu 19th of July 2012

Fine Holiday

Reviewed Tue 8th of May 2012

"Got lost with my mum and dad with the whole complex,it took us three hours to find our apartment,didn't know there where two entrances to the complex no-one told us. ended up walking half a mile and being exhausted by the time we reached our apartment ,could of given map to help to get around the blocks,all appartments looked the same my mum went to shops and ended up asleep outside someone else's appartments thinking it was ours and that we locked her out. Appart from that a brilliant,funny holiday that we sure wouldn't forget.marvellous staff loads of family places and not far off from beach "

• Travel date: Mon 7th of May 2012

Perfect

Reviewed Wed 7th of September 2011

"Just returned from a family holiday at the Sea Club Apartments in Alcudia, Majorca. We all had a fantastic time. The apartment we had in C section was spacious and very clean (the rooms were cleaned nearly every day) and one of the very clean pools was 15 meters from our apartment door. The staff were warm and welcoming and very helpful. We had breakfast included in our package and would recommend this as every taste was catered. There is an all inclusive package and it looked very nice but we prefer to eat at different places at night time so we can sample different meals and restaurants. The night time entertainment was great, our youngest is ten and oldest is 16 and they loved the themed nights the entertainers put on, but there is entertainment put on all day i.e. football, water sports, and evening entertainment for little ones. The complex in a great location being 5-10 minutes walk from the lovely beach and 5 minutes walk from the shops, bars and restaurants. The Marina area is approx 20 - 25 minutes walk along the paved walk way along the beach or 4 euros in a taxi. We would highly recommend this complex to all families of all ages, we will definitely be going back. Thanks for a great holiday. "

• Travel date: Mon 29th of August 2011

Sewage problem in Alcudia

Reviewed Thu 28th of July 2011

"The Sea Club Complex was fantastic and I would highly recommend it in terms of location, comfort, cleanliness and friendliness. The pools were fantastic for the kids, lovely restaurants and cafes, good supermarket. Lovely grassy areas too. The only thing I can critisise is the location of block D which is too far from the main areas and also the air conditioners in block D apartments is not as good as those in other blocks, i know this as we had friends in D while we were in B.
However the smell of sewage around Alucida was horrific. We went to some restaurants and because of the smell we couldnt bring ourselves to eat. The smell coming from the canal at the front of the Sea Club Complex was just awful especially when the wind was blowing in a certain direction.
We took a day trip to Fermentor one of the most beautiful beaches on the island and managed to spend just 1 hour there before the smell drove us away.
We checked out the cause of the smell around Alcudia and were told my local workers that the main sewage pipe had burst and the smell was coming up through the drains. Another local said it happens during peak season every year as the sewage system cannot take the extra load.
I feel strongly that in term of fairness and ethics the Alcudian local council and our tour operators should advise potential tourists of this problem. Some people may have no problem with it however there may be a lot of people like me and my family for whom it will ruin their holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of July 2011

Mouldy

Reviewed Fri 24th of June 2011

"Family holiday, myself, my husband, two children 4 and 16 months and my parents.
The front of the hotel is lovely but D block, where they seem to put the english is terrible. Parents room ceiling covered in Mould. They did come and clean it but you could still smell it was damp, it was just masked by the smell of bleach! Bars at the windows, our towel rail fell off the wall...I can't remember all of the issues we had.
Childrens play area outside our apartment was rusty and dangerous. Broken slide you could cut yourself to bits on.
We tried to move hotels but First Choice said we'd have to pay another £1100 btween us! We thought we'd wasted enough money.
They gave us a free meal out for all our problems.
The beach is a lot further away than the 600m advertised!
Not at all how it is shown in brochure, BEWARE!!
On a good note....the port of Alcudia is lovely, and the beach is fantastic for children. My advice, find a hotel on the beachfront."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of June 2011

Do not book a Studio apartment.

Reviewed Fri 1st of October 2010

"When we were dropped off I thought there must be some mistake, it did not look like the brochure or indeed the website pictures. The reception looked like a campsite reception back in the uk. We discovered we were in block D. Blocks A, B, and C were in their own grounds, surrounded by pools and gardens. Block D is not on the main complex and is surrounded by roads. Each of the four separate apartment blocks has a road both at the front and back of each block.

We were shown to our apartment which was up some very ricketty stairs and was accessed from patio doors, with a very dodgy lock, which were hidden from view by shutters. Once inside we discovered cracks in the wall, mould in the bathroom, a tiny balcony with did not lock and overlooked a rubbish bin. The sheets on the bed were torn and unclean. If you left the shutters on the patio front door open the children in the next apartment would stand and stare in obviously they could not believe that somebody was going to have to stay in a dirty goldfish bowl for two weeks and pay £2000 to do so on a bed and breakfast basis.

The rep told us that despite advertising the main complex in their brochure, British guest were usually put in block D. If they did show a picture of studio accomadation in their brochures, and of the layout of block D, maybe people would be better prepared.

A phone call to Thomson and we were moved to another hotel the next day.
But as somebody to sets standards in UK hotels, believe me when I say that Block D Studio apartments are not 3 star accomodation and in the UK would not even rate one star."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of September 2010

Great family holiday

Reviewed Thu 12th of August 2010

"We were nervous about D block coz of all the negative reviews, however, I really don't understand what people were complaining for.

Our 16 and 14 year old played soccer all week on the all weather pitch with other teenagers on holiday and local children. Our six year old had great fun at kids club which was excellent. The two bed apartment in block D was spacious and clean.

The Britania pub was a great spot with great staff, food and atmosphere, very inexpensive too!!!

We had bed and breakfast and reception rang to offer to open the restaurant at 6.30 this morning for our breakfast as we had an early flight.

Would go back to block D again next year.

• Travel date: Thu 5th of August 2010

Great resort!

Reviewed Tue 13th of July 2010

"Block C;
This was our first family holiday,and I must say i really enjoyed it and will be returning sometime in the future. The apartment was very clean and tidy and the staff were very helpful and friendly.We were in block C just beside the pool.The pool side was clean and the food from the poolbar was lovely.I really enjoyed the night time entertainment especially the Abba one.
The beach was lovely there but only went there once as it was a bit of a walk in the real heat so mainly kept to the poolside chilled out and relaxed!

I really recommend the Seaclub to all people with familys its a great family holiday! "

• Travel date: Tue 6th of July 2010

Very enjoyable, would definitely recommend

Reviewed Wed 14th of July 2010

"Just back from a one week stay at the Sea Club. We had two apts in block C and really enjoyed our stay, we had teenagers as well as a six year old and all needs were catered for. Although the apts are basic they are clean and comfortable. The green areas around the apts are amazing, perfectly maintained with beautiful colourful shrubs and the pools are fab. The staff were very friendly and helpful and all advice re trips and restaurants were spot on. My son got an ear infection during our stay and the on-site doctor was excellent and saw him within ten minutes of us requesting a consult. I would definitely recommend the Sea Club and hope we will return."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of July 2010

D Block - no problems!

Reviewed Wed 16th of June 2010

"Just returned from a week at the Sea Club with a 4 year old. D Block was clean and spacious. We had self catering apartments as opposed to the studio apts which did look small, but if you were HB or FB I can see no issue as they are only designed to be slept in.

Our apt was across a small road from the pool and bar. It wasn't exactly the M6 as made out by some reviews on here, but in saying that I wouldn't allow my child to cross alone.

Reception was handy and we were looked after by Linda who was fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble for her and she sorted out an issue of a broken kettle straight away. Air con is free although you do need to leave a 10 euro deposit and the same with the TV. There has been reviews that talk about security. It is no different to anywhere else in that you would be best advised to get a safety deposit box on arrival (20 euros plus a 5 euro deposit for the week). We certainly had no issues and the safe was in our room which isn't always the case.

There is a small but well stocked supermarket attached to reception but this can be pricey. If you are self catering you would be better making the 10 minute walk to the main supermarket (the reps will point you in the right direction).

The swimming pool area was clean with plenty of sunbeds but as a party of 5 we did have to reserve them at around 9am to ensure sitting together. There are five pools on the complex but we found D block was convenient for us and met all our needs without having to walk to the busier pools.

The D block bar and snack area was pricey and the menu was pretty much what you would expect from such a place but it was fine and the food was ok.

My 4 year old attended the Kids Club and it was excellent. She is quite shy but she was made to feel very welcome by the reps and got her free t-shirt and hat on her first day which made her feel part of the group. The location of the club was well placed as it is across the road from the pool so no massive hikes to drop the little ones off.

The welcome meeting was ok, if not a bit long but not as pushy as the usual hour long free sangria affairs. They mentioned the excursions but didn't try to ram them down your throat. Stuart the Thomson/First Choice rep was informative and helpful and recommended some decent eating places off site.

Of an evening there is entertainment in the main show bar. This is about a 5 minute walk from D block but well worth it. The kids mini disco was fun and appealing to all ages (including adults!), and the shows themselves when done by the onsite entertainment teams were very good. Activites take place all day for all ages and the entertainment team is excellent. I had the added bonus of being there during the world cup and all games were shown on the massive screen in the showbar (much to the disappointment of my football hating family!). Drinks can be pricey in the main bar (pint of san miguel was around 3.20 euros) but the entertainment was so good it was worth it.

The beach is about 10 mins walk and worth going to. Sunbeds are 4.50 euros per day. Very safe water but pricey to get food or drink near the beach. The resort is as commercial as any other big holiday destination in that it has it's fair share of english/irish/german bars. Ask the reps for the best places to eat but avoid Portofino's on the main drag.

For those seeking something slightly more refined take a walk up the promenade to the Port of Alcudia. There is a selection of shops and restaurants which is slightly more upmarket (and not a KFC and Burger King in sight!). I would recommend Bodego Des'port at the far end of the port. Slightly more expensive but well worth it. Best tapas I've had in a long time.

The waterpark is ok, but very expensive inside for food and drink. They do make a cursory search of bags on entry but nothing too intrusive (if you get what I mean).

Yes there are mosquitos (as it is a warm country) but no more than normal. We also had a slight ant problem but within an hour of reporting it to reception it was sorted and we saw no more all week. It's about being sensible and you'll be fine!

Overall we had a good week, if you want 5 star luxury pay for it. This is definitly a family place, not really great for couples looking to lounge around the pool with peace and quiet. For those who have read the negative reviews, go with an open mind and you will be pleasantly surprised."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of June 2010

Hotels near Seaclub Mediterranean Resort

Stayed at Seaclub Mediterranean Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Seaclub Mediterranean Resort

• EmSm1980 by EmSm1980

"Don't stay in D322 unless you want damp clothing and ill health. "

• D C by D C

"A purpose built tourist area, lovely beach and canal walks. "

• D C by D C

"Restaurants near sea Club were disappointing "

• jailea77 by jailea77

"'Roma' restaurant fab,and the port is lovely take bread to feed huge fish! "

• Roni by Roni

"The white rose was good for breakfast and dinner (had lovely ice creams). The old town was gorgeoud. "

• alan foy by alan foy

"Olas,El Torro,Laura Verde "

• ashleyod1 by ashleyod1

"Beautiful, quiet family orientated resort "

• ashleyod1 by ashleyod1

"Cheers good for cheap drink and entertainment "

• EmilyO'B by EmilyO'B

"Lovely area, great beach, loads of restaurants and nice walk into port. "

• EmilyO'B by EmilyO'B

"Beach great. Water v. clean. Good entertainment in Viva Sunrise, Belview Holiday Village. "

• Mrs O C by Mrs O C

"Block d is the best and the entertainment is amazing "

• Mrs O C by Mrs O C

"The med restaraunt in sea club "

• mrselb by mrselb

"We mainly ate at cheers, nice food and good entertainment "

• poole by poole

"The beach is beautiful with lots of water sports! "

• summer blues by summer blues

"Great beach, Good waterpark, Fantastic restaurants "

• summer blues by summer blues

"Port of Alcudia and the Old town and the Beach "

• D block by D block

"see pirates adventure Bril "

• aorkc by aorkc

"tropical bar at resort and cheers "

• cathasmith01 by cathasmith01

"yes - but we warned that it could be any English seaside resort but hotter! "

• cathasmith01 by cathasmith01

"Aquapark and Marineland. Resturants we did were very 'samey' but it is what the kids wanted "

Seaclub Mediterranean Resort is also called