Seaclub Mediterranean Resort

Avenida de Mexico, S/N, 07410 Port d'Alcudia, Alcudia, Majorca Spain

Good

Fantastic (apart from the mosquitos)

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Sea Club for two weeks in July 2008 in a one bedroom apartment in Block D. Having read some unflattering comments online regarding Block D we were a little apprehensive when we collected our key to see our room number was D307. We needn’t have worried. Some people have complained that block D is away from the rest of the complex. It is, but that can be a good thing. If we ever return to the Sea Club we’ll ask for an apartment in Block D again. The main bar and entertainment area is a 3 or 4 minute walk away, so if you want to get away from the music and the crowds for a bit, you can. The other blocks from what I saw are in the middle of everything.
Our apartment was a good size with all the things you’d expect including fridge, cooker and tv with English language channels. A nice bathroom and balcony too. The rooms are constantly cleaned by friendly staff. The apartments are pretty much on top of each other so I guess if you had noisy neighbours then that could be a problem. However, there were six different families in our group and it was never an issue for any of them.
We also read that you have to cross a busy road to get to the pool in block d. Nonsense! You have to take three or four steps across the un-busiest road you’ll ever see. The pool is lovely with a bar and restaurant and of course as a guest at the Sea Club you also have access to the other 3 pools in the complex. The entertainment in the main bar is top quality and there’s a show on seven nights a week.
It takes less than 10 minutes to walk down to the busy town area of Playa de Alcudia and here you’ll find all the usual shops, bars & restaurants. Another 5 minute walk and you come to one of the best beaches I’ve ever seen. It’s huge! I’d highly recommend walking along the beach to Alcudia Port. It’s about a 15 minute walk. Alternatively a taxi costs only about €5. Alcudia Port is a beautiful area with classy boutiques and restaurants and a spectacular view of the harbour which is filled with boats of all shapes and sizes.
On the negative side there is a problem with mosquitoes in Alcudia. A real problem! There is a network of canals in the area and the stagnant water attracts them. Most of our party got bitten frequently. A few of us didn’t get bitten at all but I think that’s something to do with your blood type. All you can really do is buy a good mosquito repellent, put it on and hope for the best.
That aside, we had a great time at the Sea Club and we got to see some other parts of the island too. All the usual excursions are available and reasonably priced. Water parks, quaint old towns, etc. The Sea Club is a beautiful place and we hope to return."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of July 2008

Sea Club - Magnifique!!!

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"My husband and 2 children (10 and 8) are just back from the Sea Club Apartments in Alcudia. These apartments are the best apartments we've ever stayed in. There was nothing I could find fault with. We stayed in Block C which is definitely the best block as it's not in the middle of the entertainment, yet not far from it. Also the pool area is much greener. We had a huge green area outside our apartment where my son could play football and volleyball and for smaller children, there was a huge sandpit with loads of toys for them to play with, climbing frames and swings also. The entertainment at night was phenomonel. The team worked so hard and were just brilliant. The Sea Club is on a quiet street yet the town only about 5 mins walk to the right of the main entrance. If you go left out of the main entrance, the beach is about 10 mins walk away and it is THE most beautiful beach in the world. The beach will lead you to the port which is fabulous. We visited the Hidropark and it was ideal as it's not massive, therefore we didn't have to be going to all the slides with the kids, we could see them from where we sat at all times. I would highly recommend the Sea Club for anyone with a young family. I WILL BE BACK!!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of July 2008

Mosquitos ruined an otherwise good holiday

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Stayed for 1st 2 weeks of June, family of 5, kids aged 5, 3 and 7 months. Accommodation was basic, small given the number of us, but cleaned every 2nd day. Staff were all nice and helpful, kids club and entertainment reps worked hard and did a great job. Pools were nice, beach was best.

The main problem we have is with Alcudia, rather than this resort, in Sea Club you are surrounded on 3 side by canals, which are full of standing water. The mosquitos couldn't wish for a better breeding ground. They were everywhere ! we spent the time covering ourselves in repellent, and keeping the apartment doors and windows closed. We couldn't sit outside without worrying about more bites. Despite our best efforts all of us ended up with bites, and as I sit here writing this review a week after getting home, we all still have visible scars/swelling from the bites.

If your going I would recommend investing is good repellent, plus multiple plug-ins for your rooms and if you've got little ones, netting for their buggies.

For this reason alone, we won't return to Alcudia, shame really as all other aspects of the resort were quite pleasant."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of June 2008

Fantastic....

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"We had a fantastic time at your resort. It was a surprize holiday that my boyfriend took me on for my birthday. We stayed at block C just by the pool and found the location ideal. The entainment was excellent and the food was very reasonable. I thnk what made our holiday was the time of year we picked as it was just hitting the peck season and the amount of people at the resort was just right as with the weather. We would recommend it to any families that are thinking of going on a family holiday as the kids all seemed to be having a ball.
So i can think i can speak for both connor and myself that it was
FANTASTIC.

Amy"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of May 2008

Great Location, Nice family hotel

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"We stayed for one week at the Sea Club apartments with our six month old daughter. I thought the hotel was great for a 3 star and was perfect for a fun family holiday. The rooms are clean and spacious and the kitchen has a microwave and kettle, handy if you have young children. There are three pools to choose from and none of them were ever crowded. We went out most nights as three minutes away are lots of restaurants and bars which all cater for children. The beach is georgous and only a five minute walk. For a change of scenery the port with more up market bars and shops is only a 20 min walk. Overall i think alcudia and the sea club is great and i will no doubt be going back."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of February 2008

Great Holiday

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We had a great 2 weeks in block 'c' at the Sea Club apartments. Myself, husband and two children, 6 and 3. It was our first package holiday, courtesy of First Choice and wont be the last!

The apartment was spacious, clean and with all basic kitchen equipment provided and also a drying area off the bedroom, which came in very handy.

We had a ground floor apartment, with a great sheltered terrace and a table and chairs, located to the back of the complex, close to the childrens club, but with plenty of grassed areas, sand pits and a swimming pool for each block meant that even though this was a busy time of year, there was plenty of space for everyone.

The entertainment was good, our 6 year old particularly enjoyed the illusionist/magic show and the entertainment was suitable for all ages. Also the food on the complex was good value and you could 'take away' anything on the restaurant menu.

The expansive beach was only a 15 minute stroll away and there were plenty of shops and restaurants close by, some of which had playgrounds for the kids, so that they can play whilst you're waiting for your food! Also the Shrek bouncy castle/slide located next to a playground on the waterway was a big hit with 20 minutes play for 3 euros each child.

The air conditioning was also a great benefit, if maybe too efficient; we had to leave it off overnight, as it became too cold in the apartment!

All in all, we can't wait to return to Sea Club."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of December 2007

Disappointing Stay

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Just returned from a two week stay in Sea Club and overall it was a disappointing stay.
There was myself and my wife and 6 year old little girl and my wife’s mum and dad. We have been to the Alcudia area many times and love the area but first time at the Sea Club. The Sea Club is very spread out over 4 blocks. We stayed in Block A away from the pool area in a quite part the rooms were very basic and the front door very flimsy, allied with the fact that we were beside open access to the street did not lead us to feeling very secure. A nearby apartment had been broken into the week before.

The complex is strange in that certain parts are much better than others the C block around the pool being by far the nicest and most pleasant followed by the b block then a and finally the dreaded d block. They should spend time and money in upgrading all to the C pool and block standard.
If you wanted a sunbed you would have to have to be up by at least 7:30. The pool was supposed to be open at 8am but often they were still cleaning it and working on it and no one could use it until 10pm. There is an army of maintenance and cleaning staff constantly on the go. I have never seen the likes of it. This can be intrusive when you are trying to relax and there is a powerhose or a drill being used a few feet away from you. This was not a one off either.
My wife’s mum and dad’s plumbing backed up and the waste came in from the toilet and through the sinks and went all over the apartment they had to vacate the apartment as could not be fixed. They had to leave any food items etc that they had bought behind and the thing was a complete health hazard. Hotel response was very poor they had to spend a night in D block, which is away from the main complex and in bad repair. They are elderly and this was big inconvenience. They got back to A block in a different room the following day. No compensation nothing apart from a free meal and zero response from first choice.

Overall just found it not the most relaxing of places and always felt a bit of an edge there.
On the plus side the Hotel Entertainments team were excellent and were brilliant with the kids and you felt that they genuinely had time for the kids and it wasn’t a chore for them. The food in the Hotel was good and the first choice kids reps and club was excellent also.
Just the overall standard of the complex wasn’t great and I will be visiting Majorca again next year but not to the sea club. If you are thinking of staying at the sea club ask for the C block."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of August 2007

Great Complex

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Travelled from Derry with the wife and 2 kids, 2 & 8 at the time! Booked with Falcon and it included the kids clubs which where 1st class! The little one was too young for the kids clubs but was happy enough with the various pools. I believe the clubs can be paid for at the site, but worth the money.

The location is very quiet, and the hotel has regular entertainment which isn't bad, but the kids loved the big dumb turtle that made an appearance.

My only gripe about the apartments is that its just a wee bit too far from the beach, and you have to cross a very busy road (but this is the case for the majority of hotels in Alcudia), in the heat with kids it is a bit off-putting.

That said if we hadn’t had our 3rd child this year we'd have definitely gone back. I'd def recommend Sea Club 2 to anyone with kids... over 5 thou!"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

Had a fabulous time at the Sea Club apartments Alcudia

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"I have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Sea Club in Alcudia Majorca.We found the rooms to be basic but very clean with an excellent maid service, air conditioning was great and really helped as the temperatures soared.
The complex itself is ideally situated, handy for the beach and bars and resturants but far enough away to ensure sleep is not disturbed.The pools are excellent and are kept very clean as are the bars and resturants in the complex.Supermarket on site was really handy and was stocked with all you could ask for.
The on site resturants offer a good variety and are reasonably priced, I would recommend the buffet and barbecue nights, great food great value.
The evening entertainment was enjoyable for all ages with a good variety and a good atmosphere.
My kids enjoyed the kiddies club however a drawback was that all ages from 4 to 12 play together making it less enjoyable for the younger kids.
The resort itself is fine with a good selection of bars,restaurants and shops would reccomentd the Tivoli Terrace restaurant opposite the lareg Bellvue complex as the food here is lovely and also very well priced.
Overall I would highly reccomend the sea club for a family holiday and will return again soon."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of July 2007

Absolutely superb

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"Our family of four has just returned from the sea club in Alcudia, myself, my husband and three and one year old sons. I have to say that the holiday was fantastic and the accommodation was wonderful. We were in block C which was perfect for us as it was away from the main bar and reception and close enough to the shop on site and right next door to the kids club, which I have to say was amazing! We more or less lost out eldest for two weeks he adored the kids club and we cannot thank the staff in there enough! The surroundings are excellent with so much grass for the kids to play on, it is an extremly safe environment for them. The pools were great and the food at the pool bars was good and not badly priced! We will be returning in the coming year or so with my husbands family, booking direct with seaclub.com!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

Good spot for families

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Just returned from 10 days at the Sea Club and enjoyed our stay there.

We arrived at 9pm on 15th May and found the apartments pretty easily having downloadedmaps of Alcudia of a few websites. We (my wife Claire, 1 yr old daughter Mia and Claire's mum and dad) set off from the reception to our apartment which was in block H, when we got there we realised that we had made a bit of a boo boo as they were studios (2 sofa beds) rather than 1 bedroom apartments (when booking online direct with the Sea Club check that the drop down box loads correctly as it didn't for us so we ended up with a wrong room type). We went back to reception and was told come back in the morning when the manager i there and it'll be sorted.

To there word it was orted out the net morning and were upgraded to the 1 bedroom apartment for about £35 per room for the remaining 9 nights in room 201 area A (try and get an upstairs room as you don't here the cases and furnirure being moved around) so not too much damage. The 1 bedroom apartments were quite spacious plenty hanging space, clean and contained most things you need (fridge, microwave, plates, cuttelry etc).

There was plenty to do for the kiddies 4 pools each with a kiddies pool and a seperate kiddies pool as well. There was play arears with slides and swings, football/basketball court, volleyball area and sandpits. The entertainment team were always on the tannoy saying what they wre doing and had things like the local poney club come and the kiddies could rode them. There were shows each night, we only saw the Parrot show which was quite funny and at night time there were stalls selling jewellery, name plates etc.

If we booked these apartments we would ask for the apartments adjacent to ours (rooms 211-216) or (rooms 227-236) as we were right next to reception so at kicking out time we heard everyone else coming back to their rooms and with a one year old you want it to be as quiet as possible especially at midnight.

We didn't eat at the snack bars so cannot comment on the standard of food there. We tended to eat lunch as "Los Palmitos" just a few yards down the road which had a good selction of snacks at a reasonable price. We tried to vary the locations of our evening meal and would recommend "La Traviatta" accross the road and "S'amfora" on the D'arta road near Pizza Hut and KFC we ate there 3 times and the food was superb (Fillet of Beef in S'amfoa. sauce is a must!!). All in all we only had one bad food experience and that was at Tivoli Gardens where I had a Cordon Bleu that contained raw checken breast, not what you really need.

If we go to Alcudia again we wouldn't hesitate to use this complex again"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2007

Loving it

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I still here at the moment and have to commend the complex totally.
When the weather is good, Alcudia is a perfect holiday destination and the Sea club apartments the perfect place to set up base.
Cannot find fault with any part of this experience to date. Got up yesterday and had a beautiful massage at the hotel. I would recommend this to anyone coming and have ate out in the local restaurants. Food has been superb. I was worried about being in the D complex after reading some reviews but I am in the A block and cannot fault it.
I have stayed in four star hotels that do not compare to this. Enjoy your holiday"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of April 2007

Hotels near Seaclub Mediterranean Resort

Stayed at Seaclub Mediterranean Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Seaclub Mediterranean Resort

• D C by D C

"A purpose built tourist area, lovely beach and canal walks. "

• D C by D C

"Restaurants near sea Club were disappointing "

• jailea77 by jailea77

"'Roma' restaurant fab,and the port is lovely take bread to feed huge fish! "

• Roni by Roni

"The white rose was good for breakfast and dinner (had lovely ice creams). The old town was gorgeoud. "

• alan foy by alan foy

"Olas,El Torro,Laura Verde "

• ashleyod1 by ashleyod1

"Beautiful, quiet family orientated resort "

• ashleyod1 by ashleyod1

"Cheers good for cheap drink and entertainment "

• EmilyO'B by EmilyO'B

"Lovely area, great beach, loads of restaurants and nice walk into port. "

• EmilyO'B by EmilyO'B

"Beach great. Water v. clean. Good entertainment in Viva Sunrise, Belview Holiday Village. "

• Mrs O C by Mrs O C

"Block d is the best and the entertainment is amazing "

• Mrs O C by Mrs O C

"The med restaraunt in sea club "

• mrselb by mrselb

"We mainly ate at cheers, nice food and good entertainment "

• poole by poole

"The beach is beautiful with lots of water sports! "

• summer blues by summer blues

"Great beach, Good waterpark, Fantastic restaurants "

• summer blues by summer blues

"Port of Alcudia and the Old town and the Beach "

• D block by D block

"see pirates adventure Bril "

• aorkc by aorkc

"tropical bar at resort and cheers "

• cathasmith01 by cathasmith01

"yes - but we warned that it could be any English seaside resort but hotter! "

• cathasmith01 by cathasmith01

"Aquapark and Marineland. Resturants we did were very 'samey' but it is what the kids wanted "

• L Testa by L Testa

"fantastic for families "

Seaclub Mediterranean Resort is also called