Hotel Condesa de la Bahia

Calle Roselles 4, 07400 Port d'Alcudia, Alcudia, Majorca Spain

A fantastic holiday!!

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We have just arrived back from our hols, and what a great time we had!! It was good having the beach on your door step!! I thought the food was excellent breakfast and dinner!! I agree about the sun-beds, it is quite funny how they run out to save them, I shall never blame the Germans again!!"

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of July 2004

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"We arived back from this hotel on the 29th June and it was a real wrench to leave as we were so happy here. We found the situation of the hotel excellent with the pool area leading directly onto the beach. It was 20 minute walk to the main area which was a nice walk either along the beach or by the road, and aboiut an hour to the port but there are plenty of buses and the taxis worked out the same price as the bus for a family of four. There are plenty of shops, restaurants and quiet family type bars near the hotel.

The children loved the entertainment team, especially Hannah, Annette and Sergio who made a real effort to talk to you even on their time off. They provided games and activities for children and men in the day. I say men as the activities were more likely to appeal to men. The kids also loved the kids club, and also loved the pools. There was plenty of choice of food and the breakfasts were excellent. The rooms were extremely spacious and we had the most amazing view of the the sea and mountains from our room, it was quite breathtaking when you first walked into the room. Even the kids were excited about the view.

This is our first visit but it will definately not be our last, in fact we are searching for prices for next year and we only came home yesterday. I would totally recommend this holiday to families, although not for couples or young singles as this is not aimed at that market which makes it more appealing to us as a family. Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of June 2004

mixed bag

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"The location of the hotel, on the beach, is lovely, however, our room faced up a residential road with only a slight view of the sea and didn't get any sun at all . Definately recommend paying the extra supplement to get a room with a pool and beach view if possible as we could not do so on our booking for some unkown reason. Not only will you get the sun all day long you will also be able to watch the entertainment from your balcony on an evening which could save you some money as the drinks are pricey, that is if you enjoy kids discos and bingo every night. The entertainment on an evening is definately tailored towards children who really enjoy it but i think more adult based professional shows would make a difference to the holliday overall. We stayed for 12 nights and seen three shows of which only one was really good (Harlam Experince). The entertainers are hard working and do provide plenty of activities by day for both adults and children alike, and the pool area is attractive and well maintained. The race for the sunbeds is hillarious, we sat eating breakfast at 7.30 on our departure day when suddenly the doors to the pool area were opened and out rushed a crowd of people running to get the best sunbeds, it was like something out of a Benny Hill show and they weren't all German i have to say. There is a rule about the reservation of sunbeds, however it would seem that this rule is not upheld and you do have to be up and out early to get a sunbed anywhere in the hotel.

The biggest let down of this hotel that i feel is the food. The breakfast is lovely and there is always plenty of choice from full english, cereal and toast, to cheese and ham and cossiants and cakes as well as fresh friut, yogurt and lovely juices. However, the evening meal does not provide you with as much chioce and there were days when i didn't like the look of anything although i am fussy. It is also a bit repetative.

The high chairs for the children are lethal and would certainly not pass any British safety standards and you do not get anything to drink with your evening meal not even water.

The location of the hotel in playa de muro is approx a 20 min walk into the main part of alcudia and 60 min walk to the busy port which is good for shopping. However, there are plenty of shops bars and restaurants to keep a family occupied but they certainly wouldn't occupy people looking for lively nights dancing the night away till the early hours.

the rooms are clean and we got plenty of fresh towels on daily basis. I woild agree with some of the other reviews in saying that aome parts of the hotel could do with a facelift, however, things do seem to be getting done gradually one small part at a time.

Overall me and my family (myself, partner, 8 yr old daughter and 14 month old son) enjoyed the holliday and didn't want to come home. Althought i do feel that from reading some of the previous reveiws from this sight that i had raised my expectations of this three star hotel to high which ment that i was then disappointed with some parts of it"

• Travel date: Thu 24th of June 2004

Amazing

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"11 Nights of pleasure , fantasitc balcony View, great Pool, great Food, Great Service, Thanx to all working there for making our vacation just AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of June 2004

Fantastic!!!!!

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Wow! Just returned from a great two weeks in Majorca and this hotel fitted the bill perfectly. Can't praise the entire staff enough and the entertainment team are brilliant. The hotel is located on the beach, just a few steps through the pool complex and long stretches of golden sand are there to take advantage of, whether it be to sunbathe, swim, play with the kids or just to stroll along. The beach slopes gently into the sea, making it safe for children of all ages. Felt that the description in the brochure totally underestimated how good this hotel is. Well done, Condesa!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of May 2004

MARVELLOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"I visited the Condesa de la Bahia in February 2004. Even though the weather was quite windy and nippy the staff done everything to meet my standards. The rooms are lovely and not to small. The bathroom is spectacular and as for the food its just exceedingly good. There was a wide range of food and different activities for all ages. Taking a step out of the hotel leads you straight out on to the glistening yellow sands and crystal clear seas. It was soooooo spectacular you wouldn't believe your eyes. You would think you were in paradise. I am re-visiting July 11th this year. Please email me for more details. I would reccomend it to anyone!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 12th of March 2004

I have been going to Condesa for the last 28 years

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"When I was a child I always went to Condesa de la Bahia with my parents and my sister and it was the most fantastic place on earth. Now I go to Aventura Palace in the Mayan Riviera in Mexico-and that really is he best place on earth!!!! Condesa holds a lot of fantasic memories for me - but Alcudia has had it's day-it's now the Blackpool of Mallorca.
Anyway-God save the Queen - We've won the Rugby World Cup!!!
ENGLAND!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 24th of November 2003

It is my second home.

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"I have stayed in this hotel 6 times and have enjoyed it more every time. The good thing about this hotel, is the people they are lovely especially my little mate Jose, the restraunt manager I even have his mobile number. When staying this hotel you should never be bored, as there are many activities during the day and evening. The worst part about this hotel is that you never want to leave it, I cry everytime because i enjoy it so much. The beach is just a few steps away and it is very safe, with its shallow, clear waters, so it is a good idea to take the kids with you. Please take my advice and go and book a holiday in this paradise, trust me you won't be dissapointed. We have already booked another holiday for next year as we only come back in May 2003.
The only thing I will suggest to you is don't go to early in the season as it can be a bit boring, maybe go october when everything is in full swing. The entertainment is great and the men in the animation team are very hot especially jonas he is lovely. Book here please."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of October 2003

Excellent Must Hotel

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"I went to the Condessa Recently and i have to say the best holiday i ave ever been on with its excellent beach location and closness to other amenities its great and if you dont visit you will regret it as it is the best holiday i have had and will be returning in the future"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of October 2003

Safe Hotel for Kids and Ideal Location.

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"The location of this hotel is ideal for kids and their parents who whish a beach holiday, the rooms are simply furnished but very clean, however the metal chairs and table on the balcony which are small and very noisy when being moved should be replaced with the plastic type.
The carpets from the reception area up to the first floor are in need of replacement but are cleaned daily. Although their is a sign requesting male guests to wear long trousers for the evening dinner the Management do turn a blind eye to guests entering the dinning room in shorts which tends to lower the rating and make people feel over dressed. The food is pretty good but more choice could be made available by better use of the facilities. Sky T.V. is available in the lounge but has yet to be fitted to the bedrooms. Possibly not enough staff on the reception especially at peak times some staff being very pleasant and others not so. I have been twice to this Hotel and would do so again remembering that this is a 3 star hotel mainly on its location for the beach."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of October 2003

Great Stay!

Reviewed Mon 21st of May 2012

"We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks as a family of 5. Both rooms were really clean. Great Showers. But no baths! The staff were really friendly most of the time especially the entertainment crew. Unfortunately we could never get a sun lounger around the pool, but this didn't really matter. A great location and if you stay you should def visit the old town. Food really nice great selection and as I am a child desserts yum yum. My nephew and I were both 9 at the time loads of activities for us and things for are parents do as well! Boiling hot.
The only problem is the bad views at the back of the hotel. We got put in a room right outside all the rubbish bins and my nephew got one looking out onto the sea.Typical. In the end we didn't mind as we noticed it was horribly noisy in the other rooms at night. Pool normally really nice though one day we got in and there was sick in and by the side. YACK. Def recomend this hotel to other families. Thanks for reading!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2012

Too crowded

Reviewed Mon 5th of March 2012

"If you want Butlins with sun this hotel is for you. Stayed 10 nights.Rooms dated but clean. Food rubbish - very little choice.We could never get a sun bed around the pool, no matter what time you arrived, we walked to the beach every day in the end, you could take your pick of sun beds and it was really quiet there.Due to the bad weather on our first 2 days,we had a raw sewage smell every single day. The kids playground was falling apart. Mass produced food. Bingo and secont rate entertinment.

The location is terrible as it is 1 hour walk to Alcudia .

• Travel date: Mon 5th of March 2012

Hotels near Hotel Condesa de la Bahia

Stayed at Hotel Condesa de la Bahia? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Condesa de la Bahia

• The MK gang. by The MK gang.

"Well worth a visit one of the best beaches we've been too "

• janhsmn by janhsmn

"Great family resort with a stunning beaqch "

• starky60 by starky60

"a little place called smiths great for breakfasts and cheap 3.50 euros large brekkie "

• jemmajugs by jemmajugs

"dont pay the extra for a balcony because evrey1 has 1 anyway. "

• liplaa by liplaa

"Loved Formentor and Lluc monastory "

• alisoneast by alisoneast

"Visit the port and the old town "

• monksten by monksten

"alcudia is lovely great beaches friendly people "

• reb123 by reb123

"Lovely beaches and a plseant mixture of peace and activity. "

• sophiesophiesophie by sophiesophiesophie

"An English pub just down the road called Smiths and the waterpark called the Hidropark - both fab! "

• holidayfreak123 by holidayfreak123

"Take kids to water park and make them get involved in kids club. A lso try get up early so you can get a sun lounger! "

Hotel Condesa de la Bahia is also called