Mar / Playa

Never again

Reviewed 1st June 2016

"When we arrived check-in was very quick, we got to the lifts had to go up separately because we both could not fit in lift together they were very small ?? we got to the room bathroom was very small you could not swing a cat in it ?? went back to reception and asked for another room they said (NO HOTEL IS FULL CAN'T HELP) so we asked for a manager he was helpful and gave us another room which was nice of them, that was the only thing this hotel done for us, there was no food when we arrived we had to wait for the restaurant to open at 1pm, not much to choose from there was only chicken, pork, or fish, salad was not good either same food every day didn't change much restaurant always smelt off fish. But I will say breakfast was very good, the only snacks they did were ham & cheese sandwiches with some biscuits, some times you will get cake !! I wouldn't say this was All Inclusive its like full board with drinks ??, if you had a fussy eater there's nothing for children most children like hot dogs & beef burgers, fish fingers, they done pizza but toppings were not good, also there is no kiddies club all they got is the swimming pool, Don't start on the Entertainment Bingo takes about 1hr they also make lots of mistakes, one night we had a tribute to Tina Turner !!! that's was Insult to Tina Turner ??? and the magician was crap??? they use the audience for there entertainment cheapskates !!!, I will say they do have English channels on the TV so when you are in your room you can watch some TV, also there is only two plug sockets in the room the TV is plugged in one off them so that leaves you with one socket in the bathroom, which makes it hard when you want to dry your hair use your straighteners and charge your mobiles will not use this hotel again ?? but saying that we heard the hotel was changing hands so things may change !!!. "

• Travel date: 29th May 2016

Last July's Holiday

Reviewed 19th March 2015

"I feel I should write a review after reading the first two that came up. My husband and myself stayed at the Hotel Condes last July, and have done for the last few years. I can't say that I noticed any funny smells coming from the bar area - and we were there every day, as was everyone else. The snack bar food was perfectly acceptable, although I did wonder where some of the guests had been brought up - there were tongs for selecting the various snacks that were on offer - but people seemed to think that it was all right to pick slices of ham or cheese up with their fingers, and then put them back down when they saw something else (potential bacteria source?). There were also a lot of unsupervised children in the snack bar area, and you know what kids are like, they were touching, and even taking bites out of things before returning them to the fridge - although I must say that I saw this happen in the restaurant as well, by an adult - one of the dining room staff also saw this and immediately removed the tray of cheese. Needless to say, the guest was oblivious to this, and carried on doing it all week. People must think that if they are all inclusive they don't have to supervise what their children are doing. Or maybe they have no manners at home either. Occasionally we have asked for our room to be changed, and it has been, usually within 24 hours. We have always found the staff to be very helpful, and nice people if you make the effort to speak to them - rather than treat them like servants, as some people were doing. The food is always very good, the chef does take a great pride in his creations, especially on the themed nights (his roast beef is amazing!) - again, if you take the time to speak to him, he really appreciates it. My husband is very fussy about what he eats, but there has never been a time when he couldn't find, and enjoy something that was on offer - the choice is really extensive. All I can say is that if you go on holiday and enjoy finding fault instead of just enjoying the experience, then nothing is ever going to please you. So I would say overall, that the staff are first rate and will endeavor to help and please their guests - unfortunately it is sometimes the guests that leave a lot to b desired......"

• Travel date: 19th March 2015

Rudest thomas cook reps ever!!

Reviewed 18th August 2014

"The description of this hotel is deceptive the pool is much much smaller than it looks and the food at the bar smells of poo. The rooms are tiny and the bathrooms even more so. The lifts took ages and the bathroom always flooded due to the size of the shower and flimsy shower curtains. If you are traveling to Majorca DO NOT use THOMAS COOK,I repeat DO NOT use THOMAS COOK. They have the most unhelpful rudest, disrespectful rep you could ever imagine. GEMMA ADAM and her manager SARAH PRATT will not help you whatever your problem is they are just their to con you out of your money and from the reviews I have been reading it seems true ever comment about Sarah Pratt is something to do with money. They have the worst customer service ever .Not excellent as they falsely claim to be. you have been warned DO NOT USE THOMAS COOK IF TRAVELING TO MAJORCA. Even when we were traveling back our plane was delayed and everyone on plane had something to complain about one family even said it happened to them last time and they were offered a cup of water."

• Travel date: 16th August 2014

Never again...

Reviewed 29th July 2014

"After visiting cala millor (hotel sumba) last year twice, which was the same price and a four star hotel with waitress service,also spotlessly clean and well maintained,serving drinks in real glasses at staffed bars,we decided to try the Condes Alcudia for (something a little different)the appearance of the reception was shabby to the least on arrival, we had requested a sea view on booking as I am a big bloke and heard that the rooms and showers were a lot smaller at the rear of the hotel...not possible we was told when we arrived and ended up in a room with a toilet i could not position myself to use as the sink was so close, had to stand in the shower to get in a position to urinate into the toilet, and wasn't possible to use the shower as it was so small it would of flooded the room..day 2 i asked the reception manager if he could help with a front facing (larger room) with a normal sized useable toilet and shower which we managed to get after regular visits to see if anyone had checked out on day 3..went onto the balcony and sat on the cheap plastic chair already cracked and unsafe and ended up on my back with bruised hip and damaged fingers..even though I am already partially disabled with 2 hip and knee operations I am not one to moan and let it slide, excuse the pun..and asked at reception if they could replace the chair with a new one...job done..Time to take in and enjoy our holiday stress free by the pool ? went to the only self service drinks dispenser, plastic cup (day and night turnstile bar) which smelled of sewage from day 1 and had a vodka lemonade and lime, swallowed a mouthful and realized this also smelled like the bar (raw sewage )later that night at 2am i was being violently ill and ended up with a bad chest and sore throat through vomiting so hard for the rest of the week,i personally think the bar and dispensers were not clean, the plastic cups looked like they were being collected and washed to be re-used...I am sure i see a small amount of babies feces in the pool after a woman and her nappy clad baby had got out,when checking out we was talking to an older lady who was departing with us to find her husband ill also that week,in fact he was occupying the Men's toilet for some time as we spoke,he didn't look at all well when he came out and i urgently had to take his place..Ive been home exactly 2 weeks tomorrow, in that time Ive been ill every day until yesterday, Ive been to the doctors with stomach pains hot sweats vomiting and totally wiped out, lost over half a stone in weight to which he confirmed i had picked up a bug / virus whilst away on my once a year treat..."

• Travel date: 27th July 2014

Never again...

Reviewed 29th July 2014

"After visiting Cala Millor (Hotel Sumba) last year twice, which was the same price and a four star hotel with waitress service,also spotlessly clean and well maintained,serving drinks in real glasses at staffed bars,we decided to try the Condes Alcudia for (something a little different)the appearance of the reception was shabby to the least on arrival, we had requested a sea view on booking as I am a big bloke and heard that the rooms and showers were a lot smaller at the rear of the hotel...not possible we was told when we arrived and ended up in a room with a toilet i could not position myself to use as the sink was so close, had to stand in the shower to get in a position to urinate into the toilet, and wasn't possible to use the shower as it was so small it would of flooded the room..day 2 i asked the reception manager if he could help with a front facing (larger room) with a normal sized useable toilet and shower which we managed to get after regular visits to see if anyone had checked out on day 3..went onto the balcony and sat on the cheap plastic chair already cracked and unsafe and ended up on my back with bruised hip and damaged fingers..even though I am already partially disabled with 2 hip and knee operations I am not one to moan and let it slide, excuse the pun..and asked at reception if they could replace the chair with a new one...job done..Time to take in and enjoy our holiday stress free by the pool ? went to the only self service drinks dispenser, plastic cup (day and night turnstile bar) which smelled of sewage from day 1 and had a vodka lemonade and lime, swallowed a mouthful and realized this also smelled like the bar (raw sewage )later that night at 2am i was being violently ill and ended up with a bad chest and sore throat through vomiting so hard for the rest of the week,i personally think the bar and dispensers were not clean, the plastic cups looked like they were being collected and washed to be re-used...I am sure i see a small amount of babies feces in the pool after a woman and her nappy clad baby had got out,when checking out we was talking to an older lady who was departing with us to find her husband ill also that week,in fact he was occupying the Men's toilet for some time as we spoke,he didn't look at all well when he came out and i urgently had to take his place..Ive been home exactly 2 weeks tomorrow, in that time Ive been ill every day until yesterday, Ive been to the doctors with stomach pains hot sweats vomiting and totally wiped out, lost over half a stone in weight to which he confirmed i had picked up a bug / virus whilst away on my once a year treat..."

• Travel date: 27th July 2014

its ok you pay for what you get

Reviewed 10th February 2014

"The front of the hotel looks very expensive.its ok .self service drinks, good holiday reps at night ,daytime good.food was ok. not enough table and chairs at night,mixed guests from all over europe. close to beach, at night not a lot open after midnight. didn't take long at all from airport."

• Travel date: 9th February 2014

'RENAME IT - HOTEL CON JOB - SHAME ON THOMAS COOK FOR USING IT.

Reviewed 10th September 2013

"This hotel is very dated. The rooms are very small and the furniture is old and worn.. The bed was awful - you could feel the springs through the mattress. Woke up each day with backache. On the first day, my 70 year old Dad sat on a plastic chair on the balcony and the leg broke off - and he is not a big man at all. Just old crappy plastic furniture. There is only two small lifts which only take four people and small people at that. If you go over a certain weight the lifts do not go. I was on the 9th floor and spent ages waiting for the lifts each day - especially at peak times. I often ended up using the service lift. The bathroom was tiny and I could not even sit straight on the toilet as it was squashed in the corner. The pool is very small - much smaller that it looks in the picture - about 5 strokes and you will be at the other end. The life guard pays no attention and sits with his earphones in listening to music on his phone. Entertainment was not very good - was just using guests to do quizzes and competitions. Cheap option. All drinks are served in plastic cups - even a cup of tea. I spoke with the head rep Nick from Thomas Cook and also the staff in the resort office - Richard and Sarah Pratt who were not very helpful re changing hotels to another 3 star and they wanted to charge us 841 euros, £737 ( 5 people - three rooms). What a rip off. We had already paid £3100 for 5 people half board. This is not a 3 star - more like a 1 star. As we were waiting to go home another couple were complaining to the rep about the hotel saying 'first impressions are not good'. Well they will not get any better. No in room facilities except tv and a tiny old portable at that. No tea/coffee making facilities. No room service. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL AND THOMAS COOK NEED TO STOP USING IT AND RIPPING OFF THEIR CUSTOMERS "

• Travel date: 5th September 2013

Bargain Break

Reviewed 23rd May 2013

"I have just returned from this hotel (May 2013) and disagree with many of the above comments. I don't know if the staff have changed this year but they all spoke very good English, were very helpful and courteous. The food I found to be very good; all hotels repeat items from the menu but I found something different every day. We upgraded to all inclusive at a very good value 13 euros per day. The drinks were in fact too strong for me, maybe because I'm a social drinker not 'hard core'. The rooms are small and the shower is minute but I didn't live in the room all week! The hotel was very clean and the entertainment was there if you wanted to join in but they didn't pester you either. I could not fault the holiday for the cost; if people want 5 star then they should pay for it! "

• Travel date: 22nd May 2013

DO NOT GO HERE! FOOD POISONING!

Reviewed 9th October 2012

"Please take notice of this review! I too checked a number of reviews before visiting this hotel. Some good some not so good. However none prepared me for what I was to face! I am not a fussy or picky person. I always say as long as its clean I don't mind. I did not expect to be struck down for the majority of the holiday with the worst food poisoning I have ever experienced!! I suffered non stop sickness, diarrhoea and sever stomach cramps. I would even compare the pain to child birth!! And I am a mother of three girls. We had to call the hotel doctor which cost us a total of 200 euros with the prescription. The majority of the guests were ill, people were vomiting in reception and in the dining area. You could even hear it as you went to sleep at night. One day they even shut the pool off! As they thought the pool may have been infected with bacteria. My daughter was also violently ill during our stay. I complained over and over again to our rep and staff at the hotel and nothing was done. I was fobbed off every time. I literally couldn't wait to get home. Towards the end they even offered to transfer guests to other hotels... Free of charge to "Experience" other parts of the island. If your looking for a colonic irrigation this is ideal!! on a plus I have come back 6 pounds lighter! Not what you expect when you go all inclusive.... Please do not stay here! Especially if you have young children. Or are really skinny. You may wither away completely and be too skinny to get the plane home. My favourite meal was definitely on the plane journey home!! That bread roll was delicious! In all seriousness DO NOT STAY HERE! "

• Travel date: 7th October 2012

Not a good place to go

Reviewed 25th September 2012

"Hi, My wife and I Have just returned from Majorca Alcudia and we stayed in the three * Hotel Condes de Alcudia (All inclusive) We think the rating should be may be a 1.5 star The food was quit poor but you would not starve trying to find a table in the dinning room was very difficult as most of the guests liked to hold on to their table for as long as possible ?? to be fair the staff were all very friendly and very helpful, We had a sea veiw room on the 7th floor and a bolcony with only 1 chair the room was tiny the bathroom was a nightmare the shower was hanging of the wall held by one screw that was to big for the fixings the toilet was just about under the sink, to get the towels changed we put them in the very small bath just to find out of four towels we got back 2 a bath towel and hand towel. our bedding was only changed once.being all inclusive all drinks were in small hard plastic cups and the bar staff tried to serve you as soon as possible. evening entertainment was in our view for children aged between 4 and 10 all entertainment was done by the reps Very very poor. Good Points We were close to the beach and buses were as cheap as chips and every 15 mins. Just to let you know my wife and i took an infection at the hotel and on arriving home had to visit the doctor and was given antibiotics and sent to hospital for chest ex rays the doctor thought it might have been caused by drinking out of the plastic cups not being washed properly,We would never use this hotel again J C J C Scotland."

• Travel date: 25th September 2012

condes de alcudia hotel review

Reviewed 26th July 2012

"this hotel looks good from outside,the main reception is nothing special.The staff get you checked in pretty quick,the rooms are a little too small as are the lifts.The towells are changed every day,which is good.The evening pool bar is not that appealing,there is no bar open inside in the evening.The food is fine,staff friendly and accommodating,we were on half board and had to pay for water at evening meal.This is not normal procedure in my experience,we had chance to upgrade to all inclusive.nice and close to the beach,less than ten minutes. "

• Travel date: 26th July 2012

Relaxed and Batteries Recharged

Reviewed 10th May 2012

"Just got back and must admit had agreat time. . . Entertainers was very very good at there jobs and got everyone involved. Hotel staff was curtious and helpfull. Food and drink was plentyfull and was Very close to the port and beach with plenty of restaurants and bars to go to. Will be going again in the near future."

• Travel date: 10th May 2012
  • ...

Hotels near Globales Condes de Alcudia

Top traveller tips for Globales Condes de Alcudia

• by kimg

"More snacks for children ?? Better Entertainment and a kiddies club ??."

• by Gina R

"the front facing higher floor rooms are the best in the hotel, great view of the port."

• by ehd

"Do not use THOMAS COOK GEMMA ADAMS will not help you at all or her manager SARAH PRATT !!!!"

• by p.hamp

"No tips apart from dont stay there."

• by p.hamp

"No tips apart from dont stay there."

• by Kim P

"just don't go there!!"

• by MackMolly

"Go all inclusive; use the service lift is the hotel is busy!Through the door to the left of lifts."

• by Laurarowe21

"A strong immune system"

• by jcjc

"don't go all inclusive"

• by Laurie C

"go half board,unless you wish to frequent the pool bar in the evening."

• by Justin S

"Take some trips around the island"

• by hamlet25

"Take a travelling kettle, two cups and some coffee"

• by pauly

"Eat out and take own entertainment as much as possible"

• by Donna

"Don't be put off by all the Reviews."

• by the swindells family

"that we would go again "

• by tasha

"there's nicer hotels closer by."

• by No_an9el82

"walking into the old town or along the beach "

• by No_an9el82

"its an amazing place with beautiful sights and gorgous beach"

• by Lynnee

"Mostly we walked along the seafront daily and visited the marina and local market which was huge."

• by Lynnee

"It's got a fab beach, definately child friendly and not too expensive."

Globales Condes de Alcudia is also called

• Condes De Alcudia Hotel
  • condes de alcudia
  • condes de alcudia puerto