Avoid like the plague

Reviewed Mon 11th of June 2018

"This is a hotel for people who have no control or discipline of there children and no respect for fellow guests! If your the sort of person who enjoys drunken large families slamming doors and fighting in front of there children whilst wearing there football shirts then this is the place for you! Its watered down san miguel on tap for the yobbos and the cheapest spirits money can buy served all day long. The food is absolutely vile, piles and piles of muck with no flavor served over and over, the noise is unbearable in the "restaurant" i would compare it more to a school canteen or prison dining area and expect to Que for the privilege.I feel so sorry for the staff who are constantly cleaning and dealing with the guests .If you are unfortunate and have booked this place then make sure you bring earplugs or better still industrial ear defenders so you can get some sleep, i used little orange ones and could still here the kids running down the corridors and bouncing there balls whilst parents had drunken domestics till the early hours, also get a hire car so you can escape during the day and go too the lidl just down the road if you want better quality of food than they serve in the hotel.We stayed in a so called premium room that has a very rattly air con unit and bed mattress that is just a lump of 6-8 inch foam.I could go on but i think your getting the picture by now, so a quick recap:if your plastered in tattoos ,like drinking watered down san mig and cheap spirits,enjoy smacking your wife, enjoy prison food ,cant wear anything but your football replica shirt ,do not know how to close a door without slamming it,can not control your children ,flick fag ash on the balcony below then come and enjoy yourself, if you have 1% respect or class then do not for gods sake go there!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of January 2018

shocking

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2016

"Don't no were to start with this place... my nephew got pulled by the ear by a grown man and chased around over a €1 that the mans child stole of my nephew but he thought the money was stolen of his son ( no excuse tho ) and the man fell under our table nearly knocking my 4 month old baby out of her buggy he was screaming and shouting at us all but we couldn't understand as he was Spanish then the mans family all followed trying to attack us all I had to run to get the staff to help us as they went doing anything in the first place then when they arrived I explained what had happened and we needed something done but we got told to sort it out between the family.s witch was ridiculous and neither of the our families new what the other was saying and I asked the manager to call the police as it was assault on my nephew and they refused to do that for us so we phoned them ourselves and when police arrived again it was all Spanish talking so myself and husband had no idea what was been said then we were told nothing can be done because there was no blood on the child I was speechless like no other person should be aloud harm your child so the man got off with a warning form the police and after police left about 20 of the family members arrived and they were all laughing joking singing and when we told management that we felt a bit intimated we were told that we should of took there help in the first place and that they would not help us now it was an absolute disgrace and my poor nephew was so terrified to even go to the toilet or anything we asked that the man be removed from the hotel but got told he was leaving in the morning anyway and that the staff don't deal with behavior problems...what kind of hotel allows kids to me harmed by someone and do nothing about it...I complained the next day about the way the situation got handle and few days later we received some rotten fruit and wine witch you can get anytime in the hotel a shower cap comb shampoo and shower gel 1 teddy 2 bags of sweets and another toy and a letter to say sorry for what happened Sunday nite which was wrong because it was the Saturday nite so shows you how much they cared... so anyway after they left we started to have a good time then my daughter eat some chicken nuggets and got sick for 2 days and wen I said it to a member of staff I was nearly shouted at saying no no it's not our food it's a bug but we brought her to the doc and he said it was either food or Sun and while I was at the doc I spoke to another man who eat the nuggets and same happened him...the place is good for the pool and the water park and the food I had was nice but the way they treat the guest is terrible we got no sympathy for all we went true in the place not even a suggestion if we come back again we cud have a nicer room or anything like tat not that I would go back...club Mac ruined my kids first holiday as all my little girl wanted to do was go home and the kids said they would never return again....they really need new management because all other staff are so nice and need to get someone on stand by for behavior issues as it is a very big place and so many people so they really need something sorted."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2016

A disgrace

Reviewed Thu 29th of September 2016

"This hotel is disgraceful when we got to the hotel we booked in and went to our room to come across a double bed and cot and 2 bunk beds we went to reception to advise we are 3 adults and had paid for a premium room with a extra large bed and a double bed the reception staff said they could not give us any think until the next day i advised no this is unexceptionable and they advised they have a room with 2 doubles which 1 was attached to the ceiling and the wall in which we are all tall adults and kept banging our heads I went down and advise this is not good enough and the receptionist advised they don't have any other room until late the next day In which we already lost 3 days waiting for them to sort this out.they gave us a standard room when we got it sorted not happy as we had paid loads for the holiday. We had to unpack 3 times the staff don't care at all they all speak in their own language as we complained more than 5 times about the rooms were not acceptable for us.we went to dinner and lunch which my husband had to heat his food up in the microwave as cold every day.the all inclusive is not what it says as they don't have snacks of an evening like other hotels do and what we pay for.my daughter was very sick for 3 days had sickness and diarrhea due to the food and all you get from the reception staff is It must be a bug and if concerned to seek advice. We new my daughter had food poisoning . The entertainment is not good at all singers can't sing and not much going on would not recommend this hotel at all. Waiting for for my holiday company to compensate4 me for this holiday. Much more but don't want to bore you all think twice"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of September 2016

Meh

Reviewed Fri 9th of September 2016

"We traveled with a large party including my wife's mother and father and her brother and his wife and three children along with me and 3 children in 2013. https://www.holidaywatchdog.com/admin/View-Reviews.html?view=1#

That is a total of 11 people

Check in was fine and the room though dated was clean and regular housekeeping ensured that it stayed that way

As for the pool it was fine and we also had unlimited access to histogram because we stayed in Saturno hotel.

As for the staff they were friendly and willing to help although they were hard to understand sometimes we could understand why

As for the food it was ok with a different theme each night although the Chinese theme made me a little sick.

Overall a decent holiday."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of September 2016

Worse hotel ever been till

Reviewed Wed 6th of July 2016

"I am still here in club mac until Sat will not be back .it is very clean staff friendly .but the food is mostly burnt the same deserts every night .full of rough people with no manners rooms are very basic balcony can just about fit 2 people in it .no fridge u have to pay for it .the lifts never work .just today we got stuck in it for 20 minutes buzzed the alarm for help no none came we were stuck between 2 floors my two sons were with me 13 and 2 years I had to shout and bang door till someone heard me and went to get help when we got out everyone helped so nice .the maintenance man never even waited to c if we were alright I went to first choice rep and complained the man didn't even turn left of clearly wad a fault cause it completely jumped when we were in it .Aocudia is beautiful but this hotel Let's it down."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of July 2016

looks really,really good

Reviewed Wed 2nd of September 2015

"I have never been to club mac but been to hotel close to it hotel over all looks really good going there this year I recommend it."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2015

Misleading joke of a hotel

Reviewed Tue 28th of July 2015

"Booked via the web site which is very misleading! Booked a "premium room" based on the photos and description they advertise online, which states that all premium rooms have a double bed plus a bunk bed and was refurbished in 2014. Great or so we thought as we have a 5 year old. When we arrived and got given our room in the Marte building, we found that what we got was far from what was advertised and what we paid for! The room was basically the same as the standard room with a double bed and a very uncomfortable pull out sofa bed.

Went back to reception and said that this wasn't what we paid for given what they advertised online. To my amazement they really couldn't have cared less as they took no notice despite showing them the description and pictures of the premium rooms on their website. All they kept saying was that, as it has a TV and a fridge its a premium room! Then we found conflicting information saying there was no premium rooms in that building then suddenly for this year, they only have the 1 premium room in that building! Eventually gave up on the room issue as they clearly didn't care.

Next issue was the lifts. 2 lifts serving the whole 6 floors, not really an issue you may think? Until one breaks down for the second year running takes almost a week to get sorted before breaking down the next day leaving 4 people stuck inside terrified!.

All inclusive food and drink not bad but the drinks are served in tiny plastic cups and a limit to 4 at a time and its taken you 15 minutes to get served.

On the plus side, there's plenty of pools and the grounds are well maintained. Hotel offers a nice free beach bus as well as free access to a water park across the road. Just a shame its let down by the attitude of the hotel staff."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of July 2015

Great holiday

Reviewed Tue 28th of October 2014

"We went to club mac in 2012 a friend had recommended it so we where really looking forward to it !! We arrived at lunchtime checked in easily we had booked a double room when we got to our room it was very small so we asked could we upgrade to a family room which was no problem the family room was great loads of room and my two boys where delighted with their own room with a bunk bed !! We ate in the Jupiter every night as it was the biggest of the three restaurant couldn't complain there was so much choice hot food , salads and fruit and deserts my kids both ate great for the ten days we where there !! The water park was so close straight across the road we went 9/10 days as my boys really loved it all I would say is my two boys have not stopped talking about it great holiday "

• Travel date: Fri 24th of October 2014

Crap crap crap

Reviewed Tue 12th of August 2014

"Horrible filthy noisy rundown germ ridden place.
Stayed there 5 years ago and payed to come home early. Complained with pics of dirty place. Cosmos didn't want to know!.
If you are not a person who doesn't look after your children properly then don't book it!"

• Travel date: Sat 9th of August 2014

Fab time

Reviewed Wed 7th of May 2014

"Myself and family total of 6, 2 adults 3 children all loved this hotel. My sister and her family came with us( this was her 3rd time also loved it! We went June 2012 and have booked up again for June! Looking forward to it. The food was nice always hot and fresh with plenty of selection.All the staff were amazing, chocolate was the best! Water park was good, only bad thing was you had to pay for food,drink and your beds which should be included when you pay for it with your hotel. The beach was amazing both day and night.Rooms were nice cleaned every day, it was the best holiday, I agree with another post don't go on go carts which were next to Bellevue hotel were a rip off 20 euro each child for about 15 mins, the actual port was amazing. The market was good although I would recommend getting a taxi! Overall had a great time. Don't read all the bad about club mac as you always get the picky people, I did before I went and was dreading going but loved it! "

• Travel date: Thu 1st of May 2014

that guy who wrote that statment/book review must be mr perfect. between me and who ever reads this he is a well kept mummys boy fud. just saying....

Reviewed Mon 14th of April 2014

"This guy who wrote that statement/book about club mac must be Mr.Perfect. a well kept mommy's boy he sounds more like. the guy should either man up or get his wee wife his put his napkin back on. "

• Travel date: Sun 13th of April 2014

The Jeremy Kyle Experience: Chavs, Louts and Scumbags.

Reviewed Wed 28th of August 2013

"If you are the type of hard working parent who enjoys both the relaxing part of your holiday (sun loungers and a cold drink and perhaps a good book), whilst of course mixing it with the kids swimming happily in the pool with water games and occasionally having a family play as well, and also if you are the type of family who do not in any way resemble both the character and the aesthetics of the typical Jeremy Kyle guests then please please please, for the love of your God avoid Club Mac altogether, this is not the place for you.
Before I begin, I think it’s important in a case like this to understand a little about the writer since I have come to the conclusion that all the good feedback on Club Mac is either written by the hotel staff or Chavs, Louts and Scumbags usually associated with eth Jeremy Kyle Show. Now I’m the type of man who likes a right good laugh and doesn’t mind noise unless its rattling my inner ear drum, I consider myself an extremely patient man with respectful values and morals so I reckon I can take a fair bit of crap before I start to shout about it, our kids also like a good laugh but one thing they are not, is disrespectful, arrogant and loud mouthed. Also I don’t generally offer up feedback unless it’s really good or really bad, either way it’s really important.
Firstly I have to say that a lot of that blame here rests squarely on the shoulders of the Thomas Cook representative that sold us this nightmare, originally we asked Thomas Cook to find us a 4 star all inclusive holiday for our family of 4 which included kids programs and a place where we can happily lay by the pool and involve ourselves in some of the activities around the resort. So Thomas Cook had come up with Club Mac and the offering of double bedrooms etc. so we booked 2 Double bedrooms (2 room with 2 double beds in each room) and had been told by the rep that we would be staying in the Jupiter Hotel.
As you can imagine we were very excited as any family would be who work hard to save their cash to go on holidays, however, when we arrived at reception and signed in, they had allocated 2 Twin Rooms (2 rooms with 2 single beds) in the Mars Hotel, and after much arguing and trying to explain our predicament to 3 different people, 3 separate times, the Hotel left us with no option other than to put us into a Family room (1 double bed and bunk beds for the 2 kids), and so after much deliberation I had made the decision (since there was no onsite rep available at the time and my wife was close to tears and the manager was nowhere to be seen) to take the room and argue later, so I accepted the change under pressure and with the added fact that I could not get the room keys without signing a document at reception which stated I was happy to alter my booking and that I would not seek future recompense in any way from the hotel. The lesson here is that you absolutely cannot book your room with Club Mac or the tour operator up-front; it’s all allocation on arrival …… so good luck but expect to be disappointed!!
And so we put our bags into the room and off we went to the pool to calm down and figure out what happened, it has to be said that the brochures and the online video of this place seem to be grossly misrepresented (we learned this in the first hour), for a start the swimming pool at the Jupiter hotel looked as if the Titanic had just sank, the amount of people in the swimming pool was absolutely incredible, with no space to drown a cat, we also found out later on that the other pools are exactly the same, if not worse, and this lasts the full day …….. Yes the full day until the pools close. While I am on the topic of pools, the website states that there are 9 swimming pools, I only counted 7 onsite unless the Alky Chavs drank the other 2, of course 4 of them are overcrowded and the other 3 are, to all intents and purposes, puddles. To top that off, if you do manage to find a space in the pool and feel the gentle lapping of the water on your face, you might also take note that the pool is riddled with empty drinks cups, you can’t see them until you run into them, it’s unbelievable the rubbish levels in this place and its sheer laziness that the clientele have no understanding of how to use public rubbish bins.
The low number of sun loungers is also a major problem with lots of folk just opting to put their towels down anywhere and everywhere, including public walkways and paths. Also, it doesn’t surprise me that some of the stories here seem to include human bodily fluids and solids being deposited in the pools, since the clientele don’t particularly care about using the rubbish bins I wouldn’t expect them to use any of the facilities properly, let’s face it if this place where a zoo we would have had a much better holiday , also just to note that the quietest place to be is actually the toilets bizarrely enough.
Anyway, we didn’t last long in our new Family room since the neighbors to our right (2 adults and 4 kids in the one room, all chavs) didn’t care that they were constantly playing loud music, arguing all the time and of course the parents didn’t mind that the kids would run up and down the corridors at night screaming. To the left of us we has another family, who had a little boy who was not particularly quiet in the morning and at night, the father clearly stressed with his own child’s misbehavior and constant screaming had taken to screaming himself so as you can imagine it wasn’t long before we were in front of our Rep, who it’s fair to say actually did a fantastic job of getting us out of our Family room and into 2 Double Rooms (our original booking), which goes to show that the document I signed at reception on day 1 clearly has no legal bearing. And so off we went again, bags packed and hoping for an easier time of it. A quick note: all the rooms at this resort have ridiculously small balconies, every one of them!!
Alas our new rooms could not escape the crazy corridor screaming games and the noisy neighbors (scumbags) on a regular basis, and until 1.30am none of us managed to get more than 5 hours broken sleep during our time here so we tried to seek solace in alcohol of an evening just to numb the pain and to find the quietest area in the resort (which incidentally is up beside the tennis court area next to the road), now I use the term “quietest area” very loosely of course, because in Club Mac …… everyone can hear you scream …….. Please also be aware that the poolside is extremely noisy, I’m talking about an overzealous DJ who loves to crank up the volume on his speakers so that all the chavs, louts and scumbags can drink more and enjoy their International Drunken Belly Flop Championships in an already overcrowded pool.
Now as a patient man I had put up with an awful lot including my lovely wife being reduced to tears on a daily basis, and as a result I found that my patience had a direct connection with the amount of money we paid to put up with all this, and so after very a short discussion, my wife and I had decided it was time to leave, so we headed off to see our rep the next morning with a view to getting an early flight home, cutting short our torturous experience. The rep had sympathized with us and eluded to the fact that the people here are not the cream of British society, in actual fact she did say that a lot of the people here save their Government Benefits to holiday at Club Mac, which all made sense to me. Not wanting to send us home and completely destroy what was left of our time in Majorca she looked at other hotels in Alcudia under the All Inclusive package, including The Lagomonte which incidentally also caters for Jeremy Kyle guests, so don’t go there, eventually we opted for a better hotel under the self-catering package, yes we were that desperate!!!
And so we ended up at probably one of the best hotels on the island, in Puerto de muro just 5 mins down the road in a taxi, I have to say this place saved our sanity, we ended up with a Royal Terrace apartment for the rest of our stay (5 days) which has a roof top terrace complete with sun loungers and Jacuzzi and 3 lovely swimming pools in the main area, all of this and a refund for the difference of handing back 2 rooms under the all-inclusive package. Suffice to say that we really enjoyed the last 5 days but the heart ache remained after having our first week completely destroyed by Club Mac and its people.
The staff: The biggest compliment I can pay the staff would be directed at the cleaners, what an incredible job they do to keep this place running and keep picking up the litter that all the lazy drunks drop at their feet, very hard workers indeed, and of course at the other end of the scale we have the reception staff, who it has to be said are not the most understanding of individuals, one person in particular showed his desire to hack off tourists in a non-caring fashion more than the rest, my African friend Mamadou, if you are ever unfortunate enough to meet this guy, you will find that his passion for not caring is only surpassed by his hatred for tourists and his nonexistent customer service skills. In short…. Mamadou you need to get a new job, cos your rubbish at this one.
The facilities: Please be aware that you need to pay for all the extras here, the Safe, the TV, the Fridge, the Laundry and most importantly all the rides in the resort, none of that is free at all
The Restaurants (it’s really just a canteen): If I were to say “Its every man for themselves”, it really is every man for themselves, the only crowd control in this place is the wee man that shows you to your table and after that it’s all-out war, I can honestly say I have never experience anything like it, the amount of people running around trying to grab the sausages and grab the chips reminds me of the opening sequence to “2001: A Space Odyssey”, the part where the monkeys run around killing each other for bones. I also have to play fair and say that the food (once you have it on your plate) was actually very good for this level of insanity, so well done to the catering staff. The noise levels in here are pretty bad as well so much so that we had to shout at each other to have a conversation at the dinner table every meal time, unbelievable!!

Proud to be British? I’m trying very hard here not to be negative when it comes to the average British holiday makers, but when you see the quality of tourists at this resort you are hard pushed to understand why no-one confiscates their “Dad of the Year Mug” or “Best Mum Ever” t-shirts. I have to agree with some previous feedback on this resort where 99% of the tourists are indeed British, and a small percentage of those are actually like me and managed to fall into the same trap.
So what is there to be proud of? is it the fat sun burned drunks who sway at the bar and try their best not to spill the 6 mugs of San Miguel before staggering back to their sun lounger or is it the ladies covered in tattoos proclaiming their love for their own children which they scream at every 2 minutes, is it the snotty sun burned kids who bully the other kids from other families, perhaps it’s the loud mouthed mum who stand and shouts the names of her children over and over again in the corridor outside your bedroom in the hope that they have a clear understanding of respect for their elders, maybe it’s even the drunken father who promotes using his own empty San Miguel cups as makeshift footballs and using the swimming pool as the goal, and let’s not forget the folk that have no understanding of how a queue works or have the respect and graciousness to apologies after stamping all over your feet and push you out the way just to get to the chips, maybe it’s the classic overweight British family that head straight for the pudding counter first to ensure their daily diet of sugary goodness is accounted for whilst their overly plump dad stands at the beer tap and ensures his passage into a drunken stupor for the rest of the day is assured. How many of us would be proud to have our screaming babies at the bar at half 12 at night, clearly inebriated and still working your way through those 6 Pints of San Miguel’s you managed to get before the bar closed?

These are our Ambassadors of Britain and clear examples of Western Culture…. God help us.

Final Thoughts
Its all-inclusive, the drink isn’t going to run out.
You will look forward to leaving here as much as you looked forward to coming on holiday, unless you’re a chav or a scumbag.
Earplugs are a per-requisite or some really good sound cancelling headphones.
Tiredness will wear your patience thin in this Prison resort.
The only thing missing from this resort is the onsite Benefit Claims Office.

• Travel date: Wed 28th of August 2013

Hotels near Club MAC Alcudia

Top traveller tips for Club MAC Alcudia

• Mrs M by Mrs M

" I would go back but again think it would be in October time when it is cooler and quieter. "

• finch by finch

"overall it was a enjoyable relaxing holiday "

• finch by finch

"definatly go to aqualand in magaluf the hotel itself will sort that out "

• grennie12 by grennie12

""The swan"in playa de muro "

• powerdude by powerdude

"old town is the great "

• Reighya by Reighya

"Great holiday, returning in June! "

• Reighya by Reighya

"Going to the beach and on banana boats! :) "

• kirsty-taylor by kirsty-taylor

"the best place was the hotel haha. AMAZING. "

• Hatterswidow by Hatterswidow

"The beach is the best beach I have ever seen and it is really safe for the kids "

• PINK2009 by PINK2009

"Loved this hotel, would definately return! "

• uncleharris by uncleharris

"Britannias English bar "

• irenestevecourtney by irenestevecourtney

"fantastic beach 10 mins walk away "

• samix by samix

"clean friendly and fun packed "

• samix by samix

"all the restaraunts were great area nice to walk round "

• ???????????????????????????????????? by ????????????????????????????????????

"Over the road from the resort theres a waterpark. "

• nath1275 by nath1275

"plenty of insect spray "

• nath1275 by nath1275

"carabela restaurant very good steak "

• Ann Marie by Ann Marie

"Visit Formentor fantastic sites, also the old town typical spanish fantastic atmopshere and cheaper "

• Ann Marie by Ann Marie

"Formentor,Alcudia pins, old town,and the Marnina "

• sam.horton by sam.horton

"The Queens Pub and the beach "

Club MAC Alcudia is also called