Good

Dated, musty rooms; stripping paint; fly covered food and mosquitos galore.

Reviewed Fri 9th of September 2016

"The transfer from Palma was long but comfortable. We arrived at 1am and outside was still buzzing with people. There was only one reception staff so we had to wait a bit to be checked in. We were given a ground floor room facing the pool. As we have a 1 year old baby we asked if we could be relocated to the back of the hotel where it was more quiet. The answer was that there was no room left in the hotel so we should try after 8am. I looked through the patio door at about 2am and saw s coach pull up with more guests....clearly there were more rooms when we arrived, but we were lied to! Yes it's a three star hotel, but a kettle should be basic. When we tried to get a kettle to boil water for our baby's milk we were told we'd have to wait until daylight. Luckily I had emergency bottles of ready milk. The room was musty and small for 2 adults and 2 children with suitcases, push chair etc. Stripping paint was visible on the walls, and I was horrified when my toddler started peeling the paint and putting it in her mouth. The bed was terribly uncomfortable, with spring poking through. The bathroom was dated and had black grout in some places. When my husband went to the reception at 8 as we were instructed, they told him no room was available we should try again the next day. I didn't know he had already asked so I stopped after breakfast to ask....i was told there was no room. When I mentioned the noise, stripping paint and the bad review I would be giving, I was immediately offered a room at the back of the hotel. Deceptive bunch! The new room was free from the entertainment noise but what a mistake! The neighbor on the right snored all night and a child on the left coughed all night! We hardly slept for seven nights. On a positive note the location of the hotel is superb....away from the hustle and bustle of it all. The island was perfect for relaxing by the pool. We walked to the beach for exercise everyday, even though there's s reliable shuttle service. The beach is the best I've seen in Europe so far.
The maids were very friendly and tried to keep the rooms tidy each day. Prepare to be eaten alive by mosquitoes and bugs!
The food was bland and repetitive but we found something to eat at every meal. It was very disgusting to see flies all over the food though. When we complained they said they can do nothing about it. I suggested covering the chaffing dishes, but this was not done. Three stars don't mean poor standards of hygiene for sure. A couple of guests came down with gastroenteritis. When they informed reception they were shrugged off and told no one else had complained.
The staff were generally polite though, except for a woman who wears glasses (didn't get her name) by the island food court who seemed to hate children. Two boys ran up to her and said: "Thanks for the ice cream we had earlier." She gave them a very cold glare and shouted, "Loco, loco!" while pointing to her head. I noticed she was different with adults.
Can't comment on the entertainment as we never attended. There's always s crowd though, and the guests seemed to be enjoying themselves. I will never return to this hotel. Alcudia however is a wonderful place. I'll definitely return to the area and maybe stay in a villa next time. "

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2016

Nice Hotel, Basic but clean

Reviewed Thu 11th of July 2013

"A group of 6 girls in their 30's visited this hotel for 4days.

Hotel is very clean, food is basic standard and although i found something to eat every meal i would of been very bored after 7days..

Is 10 minute walk to the beach, close enough to shops, bars, restaurants.

Beach is ideal for children and woul definitely return with my family to Alcudia and the lagomonte - but only if the price was right.

Evening entertainment seemed a bit poor - we didn't need it as we entertained ourselves but wouldn't of been very impressed if i was with my young family. "

• Travel date: Thu 11th of July 2013

lovley place

Reviewed Thu 9th of May 2013

"we were at this hotel a couple of years ago.Its a lovley hotel,and i loved walking round the lake after lunch to burn off some calories,We met some lovley people and had a great time.We went in the November and thought it would be cold ,but the weather was great that week and the rooms,and food were fine.We have booked up again for May this year,for 2 weeks and are really looking forward to it.We dont usually go back to the same hotal twice but on this occasion we will as we know what to expect of this lovley hotel,and its setting,will let you know if its still as good as it was last time ."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of May 2013

Oct 2012

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"This Hotel and staff always delivery a superb high standard with all they have to offer. Yes, the hotel was shutting down for the winter but there was always something to eat that was both tasty and appealing. Entertainers tried to entertain but struggled without guest participation and Staff were more than helpful and courteous. Rooms spotlessly cleaned every day. We would happily visit again"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of October 2012

Brilliant holiday

Reviewed Sat 14th of July 2012

"When We Arrived At The Hotel It Was At The Hottest Part Of The Day And The Receptionists Were Very Quick To Get Us In To The Room. The Rooms Were Cleaned Everyday. the Food Was Brilliant And A Great Choice Of Food. At Night The Entertainment Was Funny And So Good. The Staff Were Friendly And Nice To Talk To. Waiters Were Friendly And Quick On The Ball. Well Worth The Money And I Am Still Trying To Convince My Mum To Take Me This Year Again Or Next Year "

• Travel date: Sat 14th of July 2012

great hotel and beach

Reviewed Fri 18th of May 2012

"hi if you are thinking of having a holiday here you will enjoy yourself. My partner and I are going back in a few weeks for 17nights we have been about 8times now and have always had a great time, it's friendly, clean, everything you need plenty of good food and drink ideal if you are not fussy. Entertainment not as good as it used to be tiago was great then, he did shows for all and did poker nights and bingo. There are some good shows still like the ipnotist show and parrot show. We usually go out when the shows have finished down to the karaoke bars we love the one called peach pit about 10 mins walk from hotel, we have taken up to 20 people from hotel couples and families and had gteat nights out till 3am and still managed to get up for breakfast a full english. The beach is beautifull lovely warm shallow water and white sand. Don't be put off by negative comments we are going back in june 2012."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of May 2012

A brilliant hotel in a fantastic place which is Alcudia!

Reviewed Sat 1st of October 2011

"Firstly i want to make a quick point. I have never been to a hotel were everything was 100% perfect, but Hotel Lagamonte is as close as you can get.

Im staggered by some of the reviews written about this hotel & i would suggest that people reviewing this hotel that give it a bad review are obviously dilussional? Please remember this is a 3 star hotel, but a good one at that.

The hotel is situated around a 10-15 minute steady walk from the beach. Its situated in front of a large lake that has an island in the middle which can be got to by a walkway situated opposite the main reception pathway. The island has toilets, snack bar, lounge chairs, showers & a pool.

The walk to the beach is a pleasant one however if you dont want to walk there is a shuttle bus that runs every half hour to the beach & will pick you up again, the ride takes just a few minutes & is free.

Five minutes walk from the hotel is a busy area of shops, bars & restaurants. There are some great restaurants which i would recommend & most have evening entertainment whilst you eat. I would certainly recommend a visit to Julio's pancakes situated on the Belle Vue Walk (high street) near the canal bridge.

The beach is very long & covered in white sand. The beach is flat & the sea is very clear & is ideal for young children as its a gradual slope into the sea.

The hotel staff are polite & friendly & after two visits in the past 3 years we have never had any sort of problem in this field.

Each room has a balcony with the front of hotel getting sun most of the day & facing the pool & entertainment area. The back of the hotel has a view of the mountain & is mostly in the shade until tea time ish.

Alot has been made of the food on reviews. We felt the food was better than our visit in 2009. For breakfast you have fresh fruits, yoghurts, numerous cereals, many breads, the normal english breakfast requirements with sausages, bacon, eggs, beans etc as well many other foods.

On a lunch time there is a smaller choice but the hotel is usually fairly quiet due to people being out for the day. However you can still expect many different varieties of foods including many different salads, pasta dishes, rice dishes, vegetables & a cooked meat. Again there are numerous deserts.

On a tea time you have more choice, the same as lunch time but with many more meats as well as cheese & biscuits & a wider range of meats & vegetables.

All in all i cant remember a type of food that we didnt get during the week. I believe the people who have complained about the food have found themselves eating the same foods each day, however theres absolutley no need to do this with the wide range of variety on offer each day.

There is a small arcade, phones, internet access, lounge area & a shop selling newspapers etc within the hotel.

As is said earlier no matter what you think there isnt a perfect hotel. The small things that let the hotel down are....
The main pool could be a little bit bigger but we really are nit picking here, afterall with a gorgeous beach just a few minutes drive away why would you want to sit near the pool each day. The entertainment is great some nights (dont miss the Robbie Williams tribute act) other nights not so good, but again the town is just a few minutes walk away! Flying into Palma airport (South Mallorca) you will find your transfer to Alcudia will take upto 1 hour 15 minutes so be patient! Finally there were a few complaints that the balcony's on the ground floor had a few ants but none in the rooms i will add.

We visited Hotel Lagamonte in 2009 & had a great time. When we decided we were going back to Alcudia this year there was only one place we wanted to go back to. I have no problems in recommending this hotel.

• Travel date: Wed 28th of September 2011

Bad start, great ending...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2011

"I came here with my husband and 7 year old daughter. On arrival at the Hotel, we were very impressed and couldn't wait to start our holiday. However when we got to reception to check in, we were told the hotel was fully booked and that we'd be staying somewhere else for that night and the following night Wednesday and Thursday. As it was nearly midnight and after a long days travel, we were not very happy. The receptionist insisted there was nothing they could do and said we could still return in the day time to enjoy the Lagamonte facilities if we wanted to. They also paid for the taxi to our temporary hotel, The Bellvue complex, which was about a 5 minute drive away. The next morning, my husband walked back to the Lagamonte to double check they were expecting us the next day and he was told yes, we could check in any time from 10am.
We did not enjoy our time at the Bellvue Complex and on the Friday morning, were at the Lagomonte at 10am.(On speaking to other guests, we found that we were not the only people to be moved to another hotel for a couple of nights on arrival, this had happened a few times to people who had also used different tour operators)! We finally checked in and found our room to be great, top floor (there are only 5 floors) and it was massive, overlooking the pool. As with previous reviews, there was a problem getting sunbeds at the main pool. They were chained up each night and opened at about 8.45am each morning, the queues for them started at about 8.15am!!! The pool area was spotless, jet washed every night for a good hour. Infact, we found the whole hotel to be very clean especially the restaurant. The staff were always on the go and were always very pleasant. The food was a bit repetative but it was still always really nice and there was also a good choice for our daughter. Entertainment was good, nothing special but hey, you get what you pay for and boy do the entertainment staff earn their money. They are constantly doing things to entertain the guests. Our daughter had a great time and there was always plenty for her to do, the childrens' entertainer's were brilliant. We feel that our holiday didn't really start until the Friday (instead of when we arrived on the Wed), however from then on it was brilliant. This was the first time we had been away with just the 3 of us and it certainly won't be the last. This hotel really is lovely, I would definitely return and i would recommend it for a great, family friendly holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of August 2011

Overall a pleasant stay

Reviewed Mon 17th of October 2011

"I returned home from the Lagomonte resort early hours this morning. Initially, friends and I was meant to be staying in another hotel in Palma, but (without warning) on arrival at 5.00am we were told to book a taxi to a hotel they had put us in, on the other side of the Island (Alcudia). Once we arrived to hotel Lagomonte we were blown away by the spectacular views of mountains in the distance. Just outside the front of the hotel is a very large lake which has an island centered in it (which I believe is owned by the hotel?), on the island contains a snack bar, sun loungers and a small pool. We spent most of our time on the island as the main pool was busy.

Reception was helpful and they all spoke good English. Nothing was a hassle for them at all. The rooms were spacious with a double bed and a sofa bed. Cleaned regularly. AC worked but didnt make much of a difference so had to sleep with the window wide open, which brought in lots of Mosquitos. We were all eaten alive! Bathroom are clean and simplistic. The views from the balcony were gorgeous (if yu get the hotel front side, not the back).

Food was repetitive, with fish everyday. I resulted in eating chips and pasta every day. Seems a large variety of desserts but none of which are actually nice, except the fruit. For food reasons, I wish I went self catering. Plenty of drinks to choose from, including alcoholic drinks, soft and hot drinks.

Entertainment was OK with Bingo every night, a childs disco and some sort of entertainment. The parrot show and the circus show are definitely both worth watching! Brilliant. As far as we knew there was day time activities with awards given at night, but we didn't get involved as we were out and about doing other things.

There is a free bus to the beach but take the walk, its not far and there are so many shops on the way to the beach. The beach is very busy but very clean. We hired a peddle boat with a slide on and had a great time. The beach is approximately a 20 minute walk.

||Overall we really enjoyed the hotel and we were all very glad we were moved to this hotel. I recommend it!

• Travel date: Sun 7th of August 2011

Great Time! Didn't like arm band!

Reviewed Mon 15th of August 2011

"all the family had a great time and my four children all had a great time. Food was good. However I didnt like having to wear an armband and the entertanment was basic."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of August 2011

first and last

Reviewed Mon 1st of August 2011

"This was the first holiday that my husband and I have had without the kids for over 20 years and the first time all inclusive. The hotel itself was fine. Very clean and friendly staff. All was fine for a day or two then it turned into 'Groundhog Day'. Up at 9am for breakfast. Queue from 9.30am for sunbed on island. For a hotel with 200+ rooms, they don't have many sunbeds! Sunbathe til 1pm. Lunch at 1pm, sunbathe, snack at 4.30pm, walk into resort til 6pm. Back to hotel, shower, into bar for drinks before dinner. Have dinner, then wait for the breathtaking entertainment! This was a total disappointment. Not a patch on Butlins! The inhouse entertainment team deserve every penny get. They worked their sox off but were still dire!!! By day 2 we were sick of the sight of the same food. We ended up eating out at night. Alcudia is a lovely place that offers loads of bars and restaurants quite reasonably priced so there's really no need to go all inclusive. If you have a young family, I can see the advantages of it, but as a couple, it just wasn't worth it. I would certainly go back to Alcudia and the Lagomonte' but not on an all inclusive basis. "

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2011

good but not much for young teens

Reviewed Tue 26th of July 2011

"i visited hotel lagomonte last week i'm 14 years old girl. and first impressions were good, when we arrived our room wasn't ready yet so we had to sit about for about an hour. there was alot of seats (not sunbeds) to choose from. As we were all inclusive i thought i'd go get myself a drink but when i went up to the snack bar the waitress didn't seem very pleased to see me. But when my mum went up she was more than helpfull.. either she was having a bad day or just doesn't like children. when we went into the dining room we got shown to our table and as a fussy eater i wasn't very imprssed with the food, i basically lived on meat/chips/bread and soup for a week but my mum and dad said there was okay food but it was the same choice every night. When we got up to our room we were more that impressed.. it was spotless. The entertainment.. Well first theres kids entertainment then bingo then adult entertainment.. i thought it was pretty good but no-one could understand what the entertainers were saying. on the other hand my mum and dad wern't really impressed. the next morning we got up at about 8/8.30 and we thought we'd go for our breakfast and go get some sunbeds.. once we came out of the dining room we noticed there were sunbeds set out.. with towels on them but noone on them. So we had to go to the beach, there is a free minibus every hour that takes you to and from the beach so all week thats what we did. Unless you are up for getting up at about 7 every morning then there is no chance your going to get a sunbed. When i was waiting in reception i heard a few people talking about complaining to the hotel about the lack of sunbeds. but the bit i found most suprising is how much the maids do for you.. As soon as your finished with your plate they were there taking it away for you.. they were always smiling and asking you how you were in the mornings, they always made you feel welcome, and they always apoligised to you if they were standing in your way. the air conditioning in the rooms were amazing, my mum had to turn it off during the night because she was so cold.. overall i'd rate this hotel 3/5 if there was more sunbeds and better entertainment i'd make the rate higher. "

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of July 2011

Hotels near BelleVue Lagomonte

Top traveller tips for BelleVue Lagomonte

• kim09 by kim09

"brilliant place everyone would love it "

• kim09 by kim09

"didnt really have a favourite they were all lovely.. "

• Mrs W by Mrs W

"Very nice make sure you go down to the port area which is lovely. "

• Mrs W by Mrs W

"Hit the beach most days "

• dbond by dbond

"Strolling around the Beach and the Resaurant called Luna's is amazing "

• cassie63 by cassie63

"Blackpool in the sun. "

• cassie63 by cassie63

"The Old Town of Alcudia, very pretty. "

• pandy by pandy

"try vamps..... trevor is a good laugh and we had a very good night there !!! "

• aries_angel by aries_angel

"Great for beach lovers and shopaholics. "

• laurab21 by laurab21

"prince of wales bar!! over the bridge "

• shannakhyle by shannakhyle

"amazin place a must!!!! "

• KM_18 by KM_18

"We went to 'Bells', 'Las vegas' and 'The London Pub' the most. 'Roma pizzeria' is a great restaurant "

• kaz by kaz

"clean and a very friendly atmosphere "

• Drac by Drac

"great for familys... lovely people, lovely place "

• falkirk_fraz by falkirk_fraz

"dont go here if you are concerned for your health! "

• lyntj by lyntj

"clean, friendly gorgeous food "

• sandy by sandy

"Not for youngsters in their 20's as poor entertainment "

• Maggie by Maggie

"A good value all inclusive hotel ideal for all ages "

• steph1081 by steph1081

"definitely the best holiday ive had!! "

• _disney by _disney

"If ur looking for a 2 star its ok but def not worth a higher rating "

BelleVue Lagomonte is also called