BelleVue Club

Reus 21, 07410 Port d'Alcudia, Alcudia, Majorca Spain

Good
2051

puzzled by negative reviews

Good

"I must confess I am very puzzled by the very negative reviews that some have written for this hotel (although I do note that in some cases this seems to involve the behaviour of other guests rather than the hotel itself).

We found the hotel to be very clean and tidy, rooms of good size and staff very helpful - especially our charming maid who deserves a special mention. Kids club staff were superb.

Kitchenettes were much better than we've found in some SC hotels. Had a proper 4 ring cooker for example.

The hotel is set in very spacious grounds, which gives loads of space for kiddies to play ball games etc. Mini golf, go-kart hire etc is also possible.

We ate out every night, and I can very much recommend the local seafood dishes - BBQ squid and cuttlefish, mussels, cataplana. Although for the less adventurous there is all the usual "full english" etc.

The Red Lion pub, situated right next to the hotel, gave absolutely first rate kids entertainment.

Now for the negatives. Not a lot really. But pools could do with more sun loungers. Pools were overly cold (I know they weren't heated, and didn't expect them to be, but they were decidedly more chilly than other hotels I've been to).

A word of warning, watch out for the timeshare sharks. They always try and trick you with new variations of scratchcard games etc. Just remember, if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is. Our unfortunate next door neighbours in the hotel signed a commitment to god only knows what. Remember, if you do want a timeshare, you'll be able to strike a better deal once back home and not under pressure. DO NOT SIGN ON HOLIDAY.

All in all I'm happy to recommend this hotel. We never go back to the same place again for holiday, but if we did I would consider the Bellevue if offered a good price."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of February 2005

fantastic

"what a lovely surprise!after reading all the horror stories on this site before we went,we were worried as to what we might be going into,but we had a lovely clean room at minerva II.there was a fully equipped kitchen with kettle and toaster and a balcony with lovely views.polite and helpful reception staff plus maid service 3 times in the week we were there.great show garden with good entertainment.and a game of bingo for those that want it..take the boat at bellevue to the beach its only 5 euros return for two,what a lovely part of the beach it was.we found colbers super market was the cheapest place to buy all your needs for a self catering holiday.And tovli restarturant just outside the bellevue the best place to eat out,cheap,good portions and lovely staff.lots,lots for the kids to do both off and on site and lots of english bars selling good old english beers.with great weather what more can you ask for!!!!!we can't wait to go back next year, so all you people out there thats checked out this site and worrying about what you've booked!don't, its brill, you'll love it.HAVE A GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!1"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of September 2004

Not as bad as reports say

"I was not looking forward to my holiday at all after reading the reviews on this site - As I was taking my Mum away for the week after an operation, I wanted her to be able to enjoy it.

However, I was pleasantly suprised.

We stayed in Minerva 1 apartments & whilst not luxurious, they were certaintly adequate & clean - with frequent linen changes.

The facilities, again were perfectly adequate & as we were lucky enough to have a lake view, were actually quite pleasant (NB - the lake did not smell at all, as other reviews have said)

As for the noise & clientel - all I can say is that the people that we met from around our pool area were fantastic. Yes there were a few boisterous teenagers, but everything was in good fun & they were always extremly careful of the younger children in the pool.

All in all, I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend the Bellvue complex, but I certainly would not disuade people from going either - Karen**"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of September 2004

glad to be home

"just back thank god. butlins in the sun .enjoyed the island.but the bellevue holiday village nightmare i think its the reps that are on holiday i have never done any complaints like this before but felt i had too this time. reps never available at allocated times.complex just a money making scheme to rip off punters as you have to hire everything that should come as standard {not mentioned in the brochure because if they did you would not go}"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of September 2004

Loved all of it

"We've just come back from the Bellevue and we both absolutely loved it and are hoping to go back again next year. We were given a 2 bedroom apartment on the 8th floor of the Minerva II. We had 2 balconies and spectacular views. We were so impressed with our apartment as there was only the 2 of us. We were half board so didnt need to use the kitchen much, except to make a cup of tea, but we found it fully equipped with a toaster and kettle. We found the hotel reception staff helpful and if we did need to speak to the rep - we always found them in Minerva I. At first, we were dismayed at the noise of the entertainment as we could hear everything from the Show Garden and the street at the front of the hotel, but it all stopped at midnight, so that was ok. Yes, there was some noise from people coming back from the pubs, but I think that you get that everywhere and it wasnt as bad as we expected. The food was fantastic, the choice was amazing - they really catered for people of all tastes and I thought the kids selection was really good for fussy children. We went to a couple of the shows at the Show Garden and thoroughly enjoyed them - I wish we had gone to more. The bingo during the interval was such a laugh. I really cant say anything bad about the place. The pools were great, the weather was wonderful, the transfers went to plan, everything was just perfect and we cant wait to return again next year!!"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of September 2004

dirty

"i would not go back to bellevue in alcudia if i was pay the hotel is bad i went there with my son and his two childrens the apartment we had was dirty the beds smell bad the cooker was broked we had to eat out for every meals the toaster was broken also no microwave it says maid five times a week not true it's says the linen change twice a week a other lies towel change three times weekly.
we were there five days before any towels were put in the room.
my face was swollen for the first three days i pick somethink up as it was dirty and i was never so glad in my life to leave that place not worth the money at all will never go back there again"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of September 2004

hot no air con

"when we arrived the place looked lovely. Room basic you couldn't swing a cat in the kitchen area forget about cooking anything 2 measly cooking rings not that i would of cooked anything there for my family it didn't look that healthy.The sleeping arrangements weren't up 2 much either my partner had 2 sleep on a hard couch 4 10 days because its only had 3 beds even thou its surpose 2 sleep 4 people.The smell can really get you down aswell it made my daughter baulk a couple of times.Forget about sleeping at night as the pool comes alive after 1am kids,adults you name it screechin at the top of the voices all using swear words used by both not just the english thou a few nights we were woken by germans we couldn't shut the patio door as there wasn't any air conditioning in any of the rooms dosen't matter what hotel your in your'e backing on to a pool so beware.Came back on the 6/9/2004 wont go back again if we do go back to alcudia we would definetly stay and recommend the alcudia pins hotel.It wasnt any use in companing about the noise at night as the secruity were no existing.Had a great time in the day and the enteriment was ok its just when you just ready to drop off that it all began dont get me wrong i'm not a kill joy but everynight the noise went on and its just cracked us all up in the end."

The Prison camp bellview

"all i can say is that the bellview looks like a prison camp and that people who want to go there dont because nomatter what you do you will not get away from the mozzies, nats and the smell is unbelievable and unbearable, apart from that everything is fine, and no fans in the rooms."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of September 2004

for a family, it is great.

"the best time is august. i enjoyed every minuite of the holiday. the food was lovely, and the staff was good."

Hellview Not Bellview

"Where shall I start ?

On arrival at the Bellview we thought what are all those negative reports about, as the place looked clean and nice but then we entered the room and found we had no air con or fans, so the room was hot all the time so we decided to leave the windows open at night. This was fine until people started coming back from the bars etc as they just headed straight to the pool below are window stripped off and made as much noise as they could and this happened everynight until about 5am.
You would think that this behaviour was caused by 17-20 year olds but NO it was by all ages.
One night I saw someone throw up in the pool and then someone else stand on the side and pee into it !!
What did the security do ? Nothing, despite repeated requests from a number of guests/inmates.
Our room was cleaned and we had fresh towels once in 10 days, and my step son cut his foot open in the pool and ended up in the hospital.

The show bar is ok but the bars sell beer to anyone and there where quite a few drunk 13-15 year olds around and the price's where expensive as was the on site shop ( 5ltr water 3 euro outside the ''Village'' 1 euro )

They descibe the place as a Mediterranean Village but I would descibe it as a rough council estate with walls, in the sun.

If you like a holiday where you can get egg and chips, burgers, Curries, Chinese, Eastenders, Corrie and like drinking in The Red Lion, The British Pub, The Crown and hate anything foreign especially Spanish and you can say a whole sentence with only swear words in it, you will love it here,

PS did I tell you about the mugging and the break ins in Hellview/Smellview.

Alcudia is OK and has great beachs and if you have small children you might enjoy it in another hotel.

Why do the English ruin everywhere !!"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of September 2004

Useless staff

"Been 3 years on the trot as it's hot here and affordable, first year 1000's of school tennagers came to this hotel in the same week so wasn't quiet at all, the same happened the second time but we wasn't placed nere them but heard and spoke to so many people complaint of kids drinking being loud and smoking weed. This year we have been placed in the same building but 5 days into holiday we have another load of teenagers underneath us this time being loud smoking weed and playimg music till early morning, reported this to staff at reception and they will not do anything, will never come back here due to the same problems year in year out! Not good for kids to be around as they are very cheeky kids with no manners! "

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2017

hell would be to good of a word to use

"Just come back from this awful place .
was treated like a piece of muck by staff at reception.
All inclusive more like all illusive
hotel population in peak 5000 how the hell would the restaurant (canteen) manage that amount of people if they all turned up at 6 o'clock to be fed no chance.
rooms dirty .Bed sheets changed once a week no air conditioning loose wires hanging out of walls .reception a good walk from place of stay .
pigeons nesting next to our room .Minera 2 room 611.
floors not swept on arrival
pigeon muck all over balcony
beds were broken
key cards kept disabling when we went to reception was told they where too near our phones lol 4 times we had to go to reception to change them
I'm trying to claim this holiday back it was awful never again"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of September 2016

Hotels near BelleVue Club

Stayed at BelleVue Club? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for BelleVue Club

• m del by m del

"alcudia is home from home, great if you have kids "

• m del by m del

"we didnt see to much as we were all inclusive & only there a week "

• SHES LIKE A STAR by SHES LIKE A STAR

"SUITS FAMILY OR GROUP OF FREINDS "

• SHES LIKE A STAR by SHES LIKE A STAR

"GREAT TRANSFERS TO WATER PARKS AND MAGALUF ETC!!!! "

• jackanory by jackanory

"the go karts and the restaurants "

• big matt by big matt

"yummy yummys is a good place 2 eat "

• ilovehoildaysgirl by ilovehoildaysgirl

"They advertise that you can have Bisto gravy with your food. It says it all....... "

• mr bean by mr bean

"this place is like skegness but with nice weather "

• Wilson by Wilson

"Not much to do out of season "

• josiespad1 by josiespad1

"Dont know what all the fuss is about. "

• josiespad1 by josiespad1

"The caves in Porto Christo were lovely "

• AJ Aston by AJ Aston

"getting as far away from the hotel as possible "

• Russell1987 by Russell1987

"Luna Restaurant / Palma Town Center "

• pete_408 by pete_408

"Alcudia town is very lovely "

• spennyspen by spennyspen

"beautiful beach...lots of street sellers hassling you....dont stay in this hotel "

• spennyspen by spennyspen

"pirate show in Magaluf "

• Steve2015 by Steve2015

"Lovely town with a nice habour. "

• ohsojork by ohsojork

"Lovely safe clean beach "

• jaybev1 by jaybev1

"the beach is stunning, went in april, the beach was almost empty, "

• a by a

"yes, beause of the beach was a little taste of paradise "

BelleVue Club is also called